PDA

View Full Version : Presser anounced for Wed. No leak of coaching structure yet?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-12-2015, 01:17 PM
You'd think by announcing the presser time, they would have the main coaching structure in place.

The fate of Nate Hackett and the rest of the coaches?

Who is going to be DC? All we have so far is Schwartz to stay, but not specifically at what capacity (to me either Assistant HC or DC).

Buddo
01-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Like anything else, this stuff doesn't get announced until the ink dries. We know Ryan is the HC, and we know Roman will be OC. Isn't that enough to be going on with?

Ryan needs to speak to Schwartz, or maybe meet with him, and I'd expect him to do similar with some of the other coaches. Henderson may stick, as he's worked with Ryan in the past, but as to the rest, much depends on who wants to stay, and who they will want to keep, none of which is set in stone as yet.

tonyc37
01-12-2015, 03:44 PM
I don't expect Schwartz to stay.He would be in line for some of the coordinator jobs that open up.Dallas,the Giants,just to name a few.His scheme is nothing like what Rex runs so I don't see them as being a match.I also don't see Rex letting Schwartz run the defense without Rex's input.That along with the news that Thurman is coming to Buffalo means Schwartz moves on.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-12-2015, 04:21 PM
By all accounts, they say the ball is in his court. Meaning they give him a position in the staff, may not be a DC. It's up to him to quit or accept. No firing. I believe Schwartz still has one Lions' check coming in next year and he has Bills' check for two more years.

The Bills may grant him to look for other DC jobs should he ask for now that Ryan is hired.

Personally I prefer Ryan's defense than Schwartz's because you cannot always depending on superior talent all the time. Grant Schwartz maximized Bills talent, I just think Rex's scheme and eye for talent is more sustainable.

trapezeus
01-12-2015, 04:26 PM
when dareus went down, oakland ran wild. it gave me pause about schwartz.