PDA

View Full Version : Chan Gailey possibly OC in Cleveland

The Jokeman
01-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Source tells @NFLonFOX that Chan Gailey on @Browns radar as potential OC. Joins Marc Trestman, Al Saunders & John DeFillipo as candidates
https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/554615401293053952

feldspar
01-12-2015, 05:33 PM
They could probably do worse.

justasportsfan
01-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Maybe Pettine should hire Marrone as OC. Right Mr. Pink?

Mr. Pink
01-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Maybe Pettine should hire Marrone as OC. Right Mr. Pink?

Hush your mouth.

I'd rather Trestman.

BillsImpossible
01-12-2015, 07:02 PM
If this happens, maybe the Bills can trade CJ Spiller to the Browns?

swiper
01-13-2015, 04:13 AM
I like Gailey. He did good things with the Bills offense. So it can be done. The o-line played well. The RBs produced. His downfall was named Wannstedt.

CleveSteve
01-13-2015, 03:51 PM
They could probably do worse.

Seeing as how we've had Maurice Carthon, Brian Daboll, and nobody as recent OCs, you are probably right.

Whoever is hired will be the 6th different OC for the Browns in the past 6 years.

For real.

Strongman
01-13-2015, 03:57 PM
If he wants it, I hope he gets it. He might have been a poor HC, but he was a class act. I really respect how he took the blame for all of Buffalo's woes in his last Bill's press conference and said he was still rooting for us.

Fixxxer
01-13-2015, 04:09 PM
I can see Manziel's style fitting in Chan's offense but I can't see Chan meshing with the off the field slacker that Johny football is.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Good for him, I frankly liked the guy as an OC as his offenses were always so fun to watch. The problem, as has been mentioned already, was that his defenses were dreadful and he had no talents for judging that side of the rock. I think OC is his natural calling and if you know any Browns fans, they should be fairly happy with this development as he always had the ability to extract every ounce of effort from his talent and made his players look better than they actually may have really been.

Strongman
01-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Good for him, I frankly liked the guy as an OC as his offenses were always so fun to watch. The problem, as has been mentioned already, was that his defenses were dreadful and he had no talents for judging that side of the rock. I think OC is his natural calling and if you know any Browns fans, they should be fairly happy with this development as he always had the ability to extract every ounce of effort from his talent and made his players look better than they actually may have really been.

In hindsight, that might have been his downfall here... he made Fitzpatrick look like a very good NFL starter and our FO, jumped the gun and signed Fitz to that big contract. Then the NFL defenses started to catch on.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-13-2015, 04:37 PM
In hindsight, that might have been his downfall here... he made Fitzpatrick look like a very good NFL starter and our FO, jumped the gun and signed Fitz to that big contract. Then the NFL defenses started to catch on.

Indeed it was.