PDA

View Full Version : Is Schwartz Staying or Riding off into the Sun Set?

Generalissimus Gibby
01-12-2015, 06:09 PM
The Bills interviewed defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz for their head coaching opening, but they opted to go with another defensive mind to replace Doug Marrone.
We’re waiting on an official announcement that Rex Ryan is going to be the team’s next head coach after Sunday’s reports that Ryan has agreed in principle to a deal that keeps him in the AFC East after being let go by the Jets. That’s left Schwartz in limbo as he and Ryan have utilized very different defensive approaches over their careers.
Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills want to keep (https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/554274924119195649) Schwartz on the staff and Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that Schwartz has spoken to Ryan and plans to meet (https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/554469743588302848) with him once the deal is official. It would be a somewhat unusual but intriguing working relationship between two successful defensive architects. It would allow the Bills to maintain continuity with this year’s successful unit while working some new looks into the mix in hopes of keeping things rolling into 2015.
Schwartz will likely have other options as a defensive coordinator should things not work out for a return to Buffalo for the 2015 season with the Giants and teams still waiting to hire head coaches looming as potential fits.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/report-bills-want-to-keep-jim-schwartz/

According to Vic Carucci the Bills want Schwartz to stay and well considering that Rexy has gotten someone who seems competent to run the O, do you think he can keep Schwartz around? I hope so because with Roman and Schwartz, all of a sudden I sorta kinda like this Rex hiring. I think the absolute dumbest thing we could do is change too much on D which in typical Bills fashion would make us weak where we are good while doing nothing where we are vulnerable in the first place. So is Schwartz truly sticking around or not? Anyone heard anything?

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Ian Rappaport said on NFL Network that Dennis Thurman is coming in with Rex.

The Jokeman
01-12-2015, 06:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/report-bills-want-to-keep-jim-schwartz/

According to Vic Carucci the Bills want Schwartz to stay and well considering that Rexy has gotten someone who seems competent to run the O, do you think he can keep Schwartz around? I hope so because with Roman and Schwartz, all of a sudden I sorta kinda like this Rex hiring. I think the absolute dumbest thing we could do is change too much on D which in typical Bills fashion would make us weak where we are good while doing nothing where we are vulnerable in the first place. So is Schwartz truly sticking around or not? Anyone heard anything?

It depends, if Schwartz doesn't want to be a HC in the near future I say he goes elsewhere but if he wants to get back to being the HC then he should stick around here and ride the Rex train as would think together they can keep this defense amongst the league's best which could open him up to being a HC in 2016. Assuming of course we keep the 4-3 front and re-sign Jerry Hughes.

The Jokeman
01-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Ian Rappaport said on NFL Network that Dennis Thurman is coming in with Rex.

For all we know Thurman could be named Safties coach as when Donnie Henderson was the Ravens DB coach Thurman was his assistant. If Rex truly wants Schwartz to stay he'll give Thurman a lesser position or gives Schwartz some odd title but let's him remain the leader of the defense. Kind of like the Cowboys did this year with Linehan as even though he wasn't OC he was still the one making play calls.

imbondz
01-12-2015, 06:26 PM
I would laugh my ass off if Shwartz leaves. It will just be exactly the kind of thing our organization does over and over. And anyone who justifies him leaving because we hired Rex is crazy

X-Era
01-12-2015, 06:33 PM
I would laugh my ass off if Shwartz leaves. It will just be exactly the kind of thing our organization does over and over. And anyone who justifies him leaving because we hired Rex is crazyBesides promoting Schwartz. Who would he stay with?

Skooby
01-12-2015, 06:40 PM
I would laugh my ass off if Shwartz leaves. It will just be exactly the kind of thing our organization does over and over. And anyone who justifies him leaving because we hired Rex is crazy

Rex is the coach, if Jim wants to go then he goes.

psubills62
01-12-2015, 07:50 PM
I think Schwartz could do well with the NYG.

And it would be really hard to keep Schwartz. He interviewed, didn't get the job, doesn't match philosophies with the guy who was hired, etc. Would need a lot to get him to stay.

Mr. Pink
01-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Schwartz should have been allowed to interview with the Redskins.

Bush move by the organization, imo.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Schwartz should have been allowed to interview with the Redskins.

Bush move by the organization, imo.
We did him a favor by not letting him go to that dysfunctional nuthouse.

He can now interview for the DC job in Denver!