Would You Trade The Bills 2016 1st Round Draft Pick For Jay Cutler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Would You Trade The Bills 2016 1st Round Draft Pick For Jay Cutler?

I would do it.

The Bills defense has a 2 year window of Championship opportunity.

Paying Cutler's contract is not an issue with the Pegula's.

If the Bills did trade their 2016 first rounder for Jay Cutler to the Bears, I would be convinced that the Pegula's are all in on winning a Super Bowl Championship sooner than anyone would ever expect.

Why not? The Bears are heading in to rebuilding mode with a new GM, and are in need of a major overhaul on defense.

The Bears might not bite knowing the Bills 2016 first rounder would likely come after the 20th pick, but is their any other team willing to give them a first round pick for Cutler?

The Bears might take what they can get and unload Cutler's contract to free up money for the imminent, "heavy lift," coming in Chicago.

Cutler is a better quarterback than EJ Manuel or any free agent.

In 2014, Cutler had a 66% completion percentage, 3,812 yards passing, 28 TD's and 18 Int's.

If the Bills had that kind of production out of their quarterback in 2014, they'd be playing the Patriots on Sunday.
  • Strongman
    • Apr 2006

Re: Would You Trade The Bills 2016 1st Round Draft Pick For Jay Cutler?

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    I would do it.

The Bills defense has a 2 year window of Championship opportunity.

Paying Cutler's contract is not an issue with the Pegula's.

If the Bills did trade their 2016 first rounder for Jay Cutler to the Bears, I would be convinced that the Pegula's are all in on winning a Super Bowl Championship sooner than anyone would ever expect.

Why not? The Bears are heading in to rebuilding mode with a new GM, and are in need of a major overhaul on defense.

The Bears might not bite knowing the Bills 2016 first rounder would likely come after the 20th pick, but is their any other team willing to give them a first round pick for Cutler?

The Bears might take what they can get and unload Cutler's contract to free up money for the imminent, "heavy lift," coming in Chicago.

Cutler is a better quarterback than EJ Manuel or any free agent.

In 2014, Cutler had a 66% completion percentage, 3,812 yards passing, 28 TD's and 18 Int's.

If the Bills had that kind of production out of their quarterback in 2014, they'd be playing the Patriots on Sunday.
    No

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

No. Stupid qb bad idea
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

I don't think it would take that much to get him, therefore i would not

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
          No. Stupid qb bad idea
          So that means EJ Manuel, a free agent like Vick or Sanchez, or a rookie quarterback is better?

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Jaybird View Post
            I don't think it would take that much to get him, therefore i would not
            When's the last time a starting quarterback has been traded for a 2nd round or later pick?

Comment

• Jaybird
              • Dec 2005

It's based in his salary. The main reason why the Bears would trade him

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Jaybird View Post
                It's based in his salary. The main reason why the Bears would trade him
                That's not the only reason. The Bears defense is old. New GM + new head coach = major overhaul.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Cutler is a locker room cancer and a stupid QB with a great arm. See Jeff George v2.0
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                    So that means EJ Manuel, a free agent like Vick or Sanchez, or a rookie quarterback is better?
                    Cutler is not worth a 1st. No way. The 2016 draft class looks decent for QB's. Cutler can be had for much less. I would not, once again, mortgage the future for anything less than a sure thing.

Comment

• Patti120
                      • Aug 2004

No

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Would a 2nd round pick in 2015 or 2016 get the deal done?

That would be a steal.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm not a huge fan of Cutler. He has a ton of talent but he is not half the leader EJ or Orton is. He's a pouty little ***** who crawls into his own shell when the game doesn't go his way.

With that said, he has major talent so I'm not against trading for him, just not with a high pick.

In fact Chicago needs to unload his huge salary. I'll take Cutler and their 2nd round this year for our 2nd next year. I'm not giving any more than that.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

I wish they would go after cutler. It makes a lot of sense. Bears new gm Pace has a lot to think about.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                              I'm not a huge fan of Cutler. He has a ton of talent but he is not half the leader EJ or Orton is. He's a pouty little ***** who crawls into his own shell when the game doesn't go his way.

With that said, he has major talent so I'm not against trading for him, just not with a high pick.

In fact Chicago needs to unload his huge salary. I'll take Cutler and their 2nd round this year for our 2nd next year. I'm not giving any more than that.

Yeah, no way anyone's giving them a 1st for Cutler. He was a mid-round first to begin with, and hasn't won.

The only way I'd even consider giving up a first is if it was a HIGHLY conditional pick - i.e. we give them a 2016 first if in 2015 he has a 3-1 TD to INT ratio and takes us to the playoffs.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X