PDA

View Full Version : I still can't believe this hire - Rex Ryan?

CommissarSpartacus
01-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Never in a million years would I have thought the Bills would have done something SO COMPLETELY weird as hiring the fired HC of another AFL East team.

For 5 years, the fanbase has excoriated Rex Ryan for being a buffoon and a loser.

Now I have to ****ing cheer for him and defend him and praise him as a brilliant hire who I'd like to have a beer with?

**** that.

It'd be one thing if Bill Belichek had a fight with Robert Kraft and decided to come here to piss him off, but...but...but...

REX RYAN?

Are you ****ing kidding me? $27.5 million for 5 years?

Does Rex have naked pictures of Pegula's wife?

l3ills
01-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Stop Whining. He's the best coach available period. Someone please keep a record of all these people apposing Rex so that this time next year while we're still playing we can call them out. AVGN voice: I'm Dead ****ing Serious....

HAMMER
01-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Apposing? Really?

Careful what you wish for, it works both ways on the "calling out" thing 13ills.

feldspar
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Now I have to ****ing cheer for him and defend him and praise him as a brilliant hire who I'd like to have a beer with?

**** that.

You don't have to do anything and could **** off for all I care.

Do you think that Rex Ryan is an upgrade over Doug Marrone? Answer that.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Ryan didn't come out of the AFL East, or AFL anywhere. Pretty sure that's kaput, as well is Marrone and all the rest of history.

God forbid fans disparage people from within their own division.

l3ills
01-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Apposing? Really?

Careful what you wish for, it works both ways on the "calling out" thing 13ills.

I'm all in baby. Put me on your list. If I'm wrong I'll eat a whole crow alive......It's eyes and everything.

Skooby
01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Marrone had no idea how an NFL offense works, see all these new teams lining up to make him a Headcoach? Rex was being sought by many teams, probably more than announced. Doug is unemployed and will probably become a scout / disappear, you just watch.

feldspar
01-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Strange and hard to believe, though?

Absolutely.

I kinda hated Apollo Creed at first and cheered my ass off when he lost in Part II finally...but I warmed up to Apollo Creed when he trained Rocky Balboa to beat Clubber Lang in Part III...so there is that. I was even sad when Creed was beaten to death by Ivan Drago in Part IV. For those of you confused, Rex Ryan is Apollo Creed in this analogy. You should appreciate him more when he's on your team. Let's just hope he doesn't get beaten to death like Creed.

bdutton
01-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Never in a million years would I have thought the Bills would have done something SO COMPLETELY weird as hiring the fired HC of another AFL East team.

For 5 years, the fanbase has excoriated Rex Ryan for being a buffoon and a loser.

**** that.

It'd be one thing if Bill Belichek had a fight with Robert Kraft and decided to come here to piss him off, but...but...but...

REX RYAN?

Does Rex have naked pictures of Pegula's wife's feet?

Fixed.

BertSquirtgum
01-12-2015, 08:50 PM

**** that.

REX RYAN?

How many boxes of tissues did you need me to send you?

feldspar
01-12-2015, 08:52 PM
How many boxes of tissues did you need me to send you?

Three for his runny nose, five for his propensity to crap his pants, and seven for...you know, the other thing.

Meathead
01-12-2015, 10:55 PM
in canada theyre called serviette hygiénique

IlluminatusUIUC
01-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Spartacus,

It all comes down to one thing: Rex Ryan beat the Pats in Foxboro, in the playoffs.

If you dig hard enough, that's the reason so many on this board are excited about this move. If you look at his tenure overall, I would find it hard to spin as a positive. I think he can be a good coach but this is the wrong situation for him.

cookie G
01-13-2015, 12:55 AM

**** that.

REX RYAN?

Rivalries aren't quite what they used to be. And its too bad.

When I was a kid...when the Chiefs played the Raiders..there was almost always a bench clearing brawl.

The Cowboys and the Redskins..

check link and see what they used to say about each other.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/dallas-week-redskins-vs-cowboy-quotes.205471397/

"George Allen never used to say 'the Dallas Cowboys', it was always 'the goddamned Dallas Cowboys.' It's the Cowboys' uniform. It strikes hate and loathing in my mind, almost in a Pavlovian sense."

-John Wilbur

"Die you dogs. Die you Dallas dogs."

- Sam Wyche

"Roger Staubach can't read defenses and wears skirts..."

- Ron McDole to the press, when asked about what he thought of the Cowboys quarterback

"I wouldn't shake hands with him, but I shook hands with everyone else, just to irritate him..."

Diron Talbert, on when Talbert and Staubach gathered at midfield with the other captains before kickoff

"If you knock Staubach out, you've got that rookie facing you. That's one of our goals."

- Diron Talbert (Staubach was knocked out in the 3rd quarter, Thanksgiving Day, 1974, with the Redskins leading 16-3 -- but the rookie, Clint Longley, came in to beat Washington, 24-23)

"Next time they'll have to kill me."

-Roger Staubach, when asked his thoughts of being targeted in a future Redskins game

"When you sign with Washington, you sign a contract to hate the Cowboys."

-Charles Mann

"Tom Landry, hahahaha. Tex Schram, hahhaha. Roger Staubach, hahahha."

-George Allen to a television camera, after beating Dallas in Texas Stadium in 1976.

"He (Randy White) would follow me after third downs. I'd turn around and he'd stand there on the hash mark and flip me the bird. And I was like 'Screw him,', he doesn't sign my paycheck."

-Mark May, describing the personal rivalry he had with Randy White

"Joe Theismann is a garbage-mouth little SOB. He's such a hot dog that all he needs is a bun."

-John Dutton

"We're standing there for the national anthem. When it's over, Joe (Bugel) looks over to the other sideline at Ernie Stautner, who's the Cowboys defensive line coach. Joe yells over to him and flips him off."

-Joe Jacoby

"I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaches love you. We're going to run it over you again and again.' Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

-Jeff Bostic

"I wanted to just... put his lights out ....because, you know, ...Dallas sucks..."

- Dexter Manley, referring to Danny White whom he knocked out of the first half of the 1982 NFC Championship game.

"If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan."

-Jim Lachey

The Hogs hated Randy White, and Randy White hated the hogs.

Now...

We don't have a rivalry with NE, because they always win.

The Fins games just don't have that feeling any more.

The closest you have to hate rivalries now are Richard Sherma doing smacktalk and the Ravens/Steelers.

I actually love watching the Ravens and Steelers go at it, the refs are stepping in between players after nearly every play.

That's about as close as you get.

Maybe its free agency, maybe its sanitation of the corporate brand...but it just doesn't seem like that any more..

feldspar
01-13-2015, 02:09 AM
I think he can be a good coach but this is the wrong situation for him.

Name one single coach that this would be the right situation for.

Just one will do.

swiper
01-13-2015, 03:51 AM
Stop Whining. He's the best coach available period. Someone please keep a record of all these people apposing Rex so that this time next year while we're still playing we can call them out. AVGN voice: I'm Dead ****ing Serious....

Ah - hahahahahaa. Marrone is better. He PROVED it. Why didn't Pegula keep him & Schwartz? John Fox is FAR better than Ryan. Where you people get this idea that Ryan is any good is patently ridiculous. Kubiak is better. There's three. Wade Phillips is better. Eric Mangini is better. Ryan is a fat joke.

DynaPaul
01-13-2015, 04:16 AM
I like the hire and I'm definitely not on the homer train.

Meathead
01-13-2015, 04:25 AM
all aboard!

http://www.bubbleblabber.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Homer_IceCream_Train_01035709.jpg

YardRat
01-13-2015, 04:29 AM

Just one will do.

Hue Jackson, Gary Kubiak, and Jim Schwartz.

TacklingDummy
01-13-2015, 06:12 AM

Everyone knows Rex has a foot fetish.

Historian
01-13-2015, 06:14 AM
N

I kind of wonder how much of all the rumors and bravado around the guy were true.

He certainly is not shy about expressing what's on his mind, but I wonder how much of the foot fetish stuff was really true.

chris66
01-13-2015, 08:32 AM
Marrone had no idea how an NFL offense works, see all these new teams lining up to make him a Headcoach? Rex was being sought by many teams, probably more than announced. Doug is unemployed and will probably become a scout / disappear, you just watch.
Rex has no idea how an offense works either.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2015, 09:38 AM

Just one will do.

Adding on YardRat's post, Darrell Bevell

better days
01-13-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm all in baby. Put me on your list. If I'm wrong I'll eat a whole crow alive......It's eyes and everything.

I'm with you.

I have been a fan of Rex for a long time.

HAPPY the Bills got him.

better days
01-13-2015, 10:11 AM
Rex has no idea how an offense works either.

OK BUT Rex is a DEFENSIVE Coach.

Marrone was SUPPOSED to be an OFFENSIVE Coach.

Marrone does not know offense or defense.

Rex is one of the best Defensive coaches in the NFL.

chris66
01-13-2015, 11:50 AM
OK BUT Rex is a DEFENSIVE Coach.

Marrone was SUPPOSED to be an OFFENSIVE Coach.

Marrone does not know offense or defense.

Rex is one of the best Defensive coaches in the NFL.

Defense wasn't the issue. Offense is.Still the same situation when year ended.

Another typical Bills move.

better days
01-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Defense wasn't the issue. Offense is.Still the same situation when year ended.

Another typical Bills move.

Well, Rex brought Gabrial in as his OC.

A HUGE upgrade from Marrone & Hackett.

The OC does not need to be the HC.

It is not in New England*

HAMMER
01-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Gabrial? Huh?

WagonCircler
01-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Strange and hard to believe, though?

Absolutely.

I kinda hated Apollo Creed at first and cheered my ass off when he lost in Part II finally...but I warmed up to Apollo Creed when he trained Rocky Balboa to beat Clubber Lang in Part III...so there is that. I was even sad when Creed was beaten to death by Ivan Drago in Part IV. For those of you confused, Rex Ryan is Apollo Creed in this analogy. You should appreciate him more when he's on your team. Let's just hope he doesn't get beaten to death like Creed.

Awesome.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Apollo.

And I've been a HUGE Carl Weathers fan ever since. Maybe the most perfectly cast part ever. He was a better Ali than Ali.

Buckets
01-13-2015, 01:11 PM
I live in South West FL and even my friends who are Dolphins fans are laughing at us. Unbelievable!!

better days
01-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Gabrial? Huh?

Must have had Roman Gabriel on my mind.

Meant to say Greg Roman.

BertSquirtgum
01-13-2015, 01:27 PM
I would like anyone who is against this hire to explain in full details all of the great tools Rex was given on offense to help him win. He won when he still had a fair amount of talent on offense.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2015, 01:33 PM
I would like anyone who is against this hire to explain in full details all of the great tools Rex was given on offense to help him win. He won when he still had a fair amount of talent on offense.

It's convenient to put the fault on the GM, but look at the Jets' drafts. Even while the defense was loaded, they were still giving it piece after piece. I wouldn't say it discredits Ryan's work, but you can't use the "He didn't have anything on offense" line when he got six straight first rounders on defense.

better days
01-13-2015, 01:36 PM
It's convenient to put the fault on the GM, but look at the Jets' drafts. Even while the defense was loaded, they were still giving it piece after piece. I wouldn't say it discredits Ryan's work, but you can't use the "He didn't have anything on offense" line when he got six straight first rounders on defense.

Well, even those were a mixed bag.

I think Whaley is a better GM than any the Jets had while Rex was there.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Well, even those were a mixed bag.

I think Whaley is a better GM than any the Jets had while Rex was there.

Part of the argument for hiring him on this board is that he was great at identifying and developing defensive talent. Would you agree?

better days
01-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Part of the argument for hiring him on this board is that he was great at identifying and developing defensive talent. Would you agree?

Well, I have not seen anyone say that as far as the draft goes.

I read on Jets boards that he had some input but not the final say on draft day.

The Jets hit on a few first rnd picks but last years looks like a miss.

chris66
01-13-2015, 03:17 PM
As a Pats fan. rex or doug doesnt matter they are both bozos. Both are horrible game managers

better days
01-13-2015, 03:24 PM
As a Pats fan. rex or doug doesnt matter they are both bozos. Both are horrible game managers

Well, they both have won against the Pats*

But only Rex did when it mattered.

So you are happy to see Rex stay in the AFC East?

I know Jets fans are not happy about that.

chris66
01-13-2015, 05:30 PM

Rex is buffoon. Dont care where he coaches. He is just like his dad only cares about the defense. Bills offense will still be putrid

HHURRICANE
01-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Best coach available. Stop the whinning.

pmoon6
01-13-2015, 08:51 PM
The Patriots will take a step back when Brady retires. You might even see Belichick retire with him.

Oh yeah, Go Colts and **** all the douchebag Patriot Fans.

feldspar
01-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Awesome.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Apollo.

And I've been a HUGE Carl Weathers fan ever since. Maybe the most perfectly cast part ever. He was a better Ali than Ali.

Funny thing is that Carl Weathers was a professional football player for a short time.

Check out "Death Hunt" if you haven't seen it. Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, and Carl Weathers.

lavuuk153
01-13-2015, 10:07 PM
I live in South West FL and even my friends who are Dolphins fans are laughing at us. Unbelievable!!

Who cares, they're Fin fans...

chris66
01-14-2015, 11:36 AM
The Patriots will take a step back when Brady retires. You might even see Belichick retire with him.

Oh yeah, Go Colts and **** all the douchebag Patriot Fans.

Colts have as much chance of winning this weekend as the Bills do.

The ironic part is every year the Bills beat the Pats. The pats end up in the super bowl

HAMMER
01-14-2015, 11:50 AM
Colts have as much chance of winning this weekend as the Bills do.

The ironic part is every year the Bills beat the Pats. The pats end up in the super bowl

I wouldn't be so sure, Luck and the Colts looked very good against the Broncos. Their O-Line was stellar against a very good d-line, Luck shredded a very good secondary and they ran the ball well.

Oh...the Bills didn't really beat the Pats, that is a joke.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-14-2015, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't be so sure, Luck and the Colts looked very good against the Broncos. Their O-Line was stellar against a very good d-line, Luck shredded a very good secondary and they ran the ball well.

Oh...the Bills didn't really beat the Pats, that is a joke.

Shredded is a big word, considering he threw 2 picks. The game was within reach until the final 5 minutes. Manning just couldn't do ****-all for the entire game and they inexplicably threw more than twice as much as they ran despite Manning's "injury."

HAMMER
01-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Shredded is a big word, considering he threw 2 picks. The game was within reach until the final 5 minutes. Manning just couldn't do ****-all for the entire game and they inexplicably threw more than twice as much as they ran despite Manning's "injury."

Whatever, if you watched the game you know his two picks were essentially punts as they were both on 3rd and long and he was chucking those balls up taking a calculated risk. That game was never in doubt the whole 4th quarter, the Broncos couldn't move the ball.

CommissarSpartacus
09-19-2016, 08:06 AM

**** that.

REX RYAN?

Jan 12, 2015

Buffoon...

Homegrown
09-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Preach on, brother!!

At the time, I was shocked that any sane & reasonable person would even "think" hiring Ryan was even remotely a good idea....

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Rex Ryan sucks

trapezeus
09-19-2016, 11:25 AM
only thing worse than rex ryan is a sparatacus post

EDS
09-19-2016, 12:03 PM

The Better Days kiss of death.

YardRat
09-19-2016, 01:05 PM
It kinda bothers me a little when I agree with Spart and a Pat's fan on a thread subject. Considering the topic is Wrecks, I'm sure I'll get over it pretty quickly.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-19-2016, 01:13 PM
I can freely admit that I was in the camp that did think this was a good hire/idea.

My bad.

Historian
09-19-2016, 02:12 PM
My first thought was..."Wasn't this the guy we beat 38-3 in that game we moved to Detroit due to the snowstorm??

His team quit on him, and this one seems awfully close to doing that.

jimmifli
09-19-2016, 11:01 PM
It was surprising to me, how many long time posters (that usually don't agree on much) were openly hoping Jim Schwartz got the job, and hated the Rex Ryan hire.

I mean Yardie, Wagon, Shiva, Mace, Historian and more I'm forgetting... actually agreed on something (at least the Rex part).

I'm still sad about what he did to that defense, it was actually a fun defense to watch. All the worry about losing Pettine, and Schwartz made it sooo much better, he earned the HC job. Then we turfed him for this loudmouth.

HAMMER
09-20-2016, 12:39 AM
Where are you bubba? Time for some crow eye.

coastal
09-20-2016, 05:34 AM
Mea culpa

Historian
09-20-2016, 06:13 AM
I think what bothers me more is that Schwartz's defense still is very stingy, no matter who is lining up on the field.

CommissarSpartacus
09-20-2016, 06:39 AM
I think what bothers me more is that Schwartz's defense still is very stingy, no matter who is lining up on the field.

The Philly D looked damn good last night.

CommissarSpartacus
09-20-2016, 09:27 AM
http://crooksandliars.com/files/imagecache/post_medium/images/16/04/nydn_trump_rex.jpg

CommissarSpartacus
09-20-2016, 09:31 AM
http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2015/09/Rexing-Ball-600x356.jpg