Look at this QB stat line

Here's a QB stat line:

288 completions
    470 attempts
    3382 yards
    18 TD's
    18 INT's
    QB rating 79.9

Obviously according to any "objective" hard stats this QB must suck, right Wys?

Well, it's Jim Kelly's stat line from 1993, when the Bills won their 4th straight AFC title.

To be consistent in your argument, you should argue that Jim Kelly cost the Bills bigtime that year, huh?

See how silly it is to try to objectify football the way you are?
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

The only way to measure a QB's worth (or any player for that matter) is to watch him play. As Mark Twain said, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. The fact is that Bledsoe carried this team for the entire first half of the season, quick breakdown:

Week 1: Bledsoe lit it up, along with good work by Henry and a decent Defensive effort, though we couldnt keep them out of the endzone, Bledsoe was forced to carry the game and tied it up on fourth and 10 with a bullet to E Mo that split two defenders, not many QB's can do that.

Week 2: Just look at the score. Nuff said, Drew carried that game with crappy defense and even crappier ST

Week 3: Again, some leaky D coupled with an unfortunate fumble by Henry put the game in Bledsoe's hands. Even with no real hope of winning, he led the team down and scored. Didnt recover the onside kick, btu if we did we would have won.

Week 4: Good game by Henry, bad D. Perfect routes by Price and Moulds in the endzone, Bledsoe hit them perfectly, also threw OT TD.

Week 5: yeah, he threw a bunch of ints, but we wouldnt even have been close if it wasnt for Drew. he led the team down to the endzone several times trying to keep pace with a great Raiders O and awful Buf D.

Week 6: shaky start, D looked pretty bad. T Hen was great, but Bledsoe really came through with some clutch Td's to Moulds and Price

Week 7: Bledsoe didnt have a spectacular game except for a perfect 70 yard TD to E Mo, although he wasnt able to run out the clock very well. Good D ultimately wont hat game.

Week 8: Awsome preformance by Drew, defense played alright but not spectacular, they did hold them on 4th and 1

Week 9: Worst Defensive game ever. Eventhough people say Bellicheck had Bledsoes number, he threw for over 300 yards, one TD, and an int thatwas way after we had already lost.

Week 10: Unfortunate game for Drew, he didn't play very well. Henry was great, D was good until last drive. The int in the end was partly due to Price's lack luster attempt at the ball, E Mo would ahve caught that one.

Week 11: Bledsoe did awful, though one int was becuase of Price's terrible route running, still he had a particularly poor game

Week 12: Amazing game vs. Miami, 300 yards, 3tds plus one rushing TD, obviously a great game

Week 13: Poor game vs. NE, that int in the endzone was a very poor decision, one int was becuase of a tip. Did better towards the end when the D started to pick up, E Mo had an amazing TD catch. Could have comeback if Price wouldnt have fumbled.

Week 14: Not a great game by Drew, but lots of interference hindered the pass game and decreased his numbers, just look at how many penalty yards SD had. Henry was amazing

week 15: Bledose didnt fare well, partly becuase of bad wether, terrible play by the O-line, no runnig game, and shotty decision making. INT in endzone was bad, but Price dropped a longball that hit him in the Chest.

Week 16: Great game by Drew, 1 TD, one rushing TD, he did good.

All in all, any other QB would have folded under that kind of pressure. He was forced to carry the laod due to terrible D, and pass happy paly calling. Not to say he didnt have his fair share of mistakes, but, cmon, his first year in a new system. You cant criticze the guy after 1 year! Just look at trent green. This year well get a much better picture.
    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

Good post, Schoebel. Your synopsis of last season is sound.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Judge
        Good post, Schoebel. Your synopsis of last season is sound.
        Just your unbias Humble opinion, huh..:bduff:

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Judge
          • Aug 2002

I'm surprised Wys didn't have the guts to respond to the Jim Kelly stat line- I guess it's because it shows how silly his "objective analysis" is.

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
            And you guys think I appreciate getting hammered for simply pointing out facts.

Why even bother posting to these threads then?

I don't get it. I don't go into threads that I don't care about.

Comment

• Rude American
              EE is my American Idol
              • Jul 2002

his silence speaks volumes
              You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

If wys' spam is ruining this place, why try to entice him into posting more on this subject? It's not like it's going to change anything.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Rude American
                  EE is my American Idol
                  • Jul 2002

what's one more thread?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Check out Kemp's numbers- I boxed the 4 playoff seasons he had. Wys would have run him out of town. Even if they both were rebuplicans....

...come to think of it- in 1960 & 1961 he played in the Championship games as well for the chargers- 5 appearances in the AFL big game in 7 seasons. But his stats suck......
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Rude American
                        EE is my American Idol
                        • Jul 2002

the bottom line: Only one QB has ever been good enough to play in Buffalo, and only Rob Johnson himself and Rob's parents agree with him.

Comment

• Ð
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

Yep, RJ was the second coming according to Wys.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð
                            Yep, RJ was the second coming according to Wys.
                            i remember when larry felser thought that collins was going to be the next big thing.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ryven
                              • Jan 2003

I agree with you that wys went a little far, but everyone has an opinion so. I will say we are kind of beating a dead horse.

Comment

Working...
                              X