PDA

View Full Version : Will Bills fans grovel before Rex Ryan now that he worlks for us?

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 11:05 AM
"Dear Coach Ryan - all those terrible things I said about you for the last few years? I totally didn't mean them. All that laughing at you I did during those two games where the Bills embarrassed you this year? I didn't mean it, I really didn't! It was just peer pressure! Please accept my DEEPEST apologies. I'm so, so sorry. I think you're just fabulous. I really do. Please like us, our self -esteem as Bills fans is low and just knowing you're willing to coach here for a measely $27.5 million makes me so, so grateful. I haven't felt this positive about our team since the rally that welcomed Drew Bledsoe to Buffalo. You ROCK Rex!" ~ Bills fans...

coastal
01-13-2015, 11:13 AM
one gay whiny thread wasn't enough?

Ed
01-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Why does anyone need to grovel? He was a Jet so we rooted against him. Now he's a Bill so we root for him.

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 11:22 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/billsthunder/BLEDSOETRADE.html

"I have spoken with Mr. Wilson, Tom Donahoe, and Coach Williams and I am thrilled with their energy and with the direction of the franchise," Bledsoe said when he made his first statement about the trade. "Although I will certainly miss all of the Patriots fans who supported me over the years, I know from the other side of the field how loyal Bills fans are, and it will be wonderful to receive their support.

"I am eager to get to Buffalo over the next few days to meet my new teammates and to look for a place to live. And, on the field, I could not be more enthusiastic about jumping into the next phase of my career and contributing to the success of the Buffalo Bills."

When Bledsoe was brought to Buffalo Tuesday for the press conference and a rally in his honor afterwards, it was like a Super Bowl rally.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson was beaming over his new starting quarterback.

"You've given the area a spark and I know you have certainly given me a spark because I am looking forward to the start of the season," said an enthused Wilson. "This is a big day for Buffalo and particularly the Buffalo Bills. When I saw all the people outside, I thought this was the first day of the season."

Bledsoe, wooed the crowd with his poise and composure.

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 11:25 AM
one gay whiny thread wasn't enough?

BTW, when are you going to acknowledge that I've been right about this thing since the news of Marrone's $4 million for ****ing off out of town popped up?

It's all gone down the way I told you.

Are you now Rexy's #1 fan?

Historian
01-13-2015, 11:34 AM
:spam:

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 11:45 AM
:spam:

Please tell me, is your opinion of Rexy's talents the same now as it was last week?

coastal
01-13-2015, 11:54 AM
BTW, when are you going to acknowledge that I've been right about this thing since the news of Marrone's $4 million for ****ing off out of town popped up?

Joe Fo Sho
01-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Please tell me, is your opinion of Rexy's talents the same now as it was last week?

Mine is.

Who cares though?

notacon
01-13-2015, 11:55 AM
I never said anything bad about Rex Ryan.

I've barely said anything bad about Belichick either.

This is a silly trolling thread. All I want is for the Bills to contend, year after year after year. Instead of being a laughingstock year after year after year.

If Rex Ryan can do that...I'll love him. If not, I'll kiss his ass goodbye and look for the next guy.

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2015, 12:01 PM

better days
01-13-2015, 12:02 PM

NO, coastal is not Rex's #1 fan because I am.

Forward_Lateral
01-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Rex will be the first one to tell you he hated the Bills when he coached the Jets. I wouldn't expect it any other way, nor would he.

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Also - does the OP really think Rex works for us??​ lol

BuffaloRedleg
01-13-2015, 01:00 PM
I've always loved to hate him, but I never questioned whether or not he was a good coach.

Even when things started and Marrone was our coach, I thought Rex was the best option available for any team.

It's not like anything is personal. I don't think he would be bothered that we hated him before, he was the fricken Jets coach. He's not an idiot, he gets it.

It's sports, none of this has to be logical. It's just supposed to be fun.

CommissarSpartacus
01-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Gee, I must have missed all those friggin' threads where Bills fans wished that Marrone would quit so that Rex could come here and be our head coach after he was fired by Woody Johnson.

I'm sure ALL you guys are on record about Rexy's superior HCing talents.

We were 9 - 7 this year with Marrone, Hackett, Schwart2 and Kyle Orton.

Now we have Rex Ryan, ?, ? and ?

12 - 4, HERE WE COME!

pmoon6
01-13-2015, 08:27 PM
I am certainly skeptical about Ryan. His Dad was a great defensive coordinator and an ******* and crappy HC.

I think the same about Rex. He players DO love him though, so I will wait and see if he can become a good HC in his second stint.

lavuuk153
01-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Gee, I must have missed all those friggin' threads where Bills fans wished that Marrone would quit so that Rex could come here and be our head coach after he was fired by Woody Johnson.

12 - 4, HERE WE COME!

I never really thought about Ryan as the Bills coach, but I saw enough of Marrone that when my friend said it would be funny if he opted out (just to piss me off), I said I wouldn't care if he did. I don't know if Ryan will do better, but I have no regrets about St. Doug quitting.

ICRockets
01-13-2015, 11:29 PM

"I've been telling you how it's going to happen because I'm an intelligent person with above average football knowledge! Why are you trying to make the best of it?!?"

BertSquirtgum
01-13-2015, 11:45 PM
"Dear Coach Ryan - all those terrible things I said about you for the last few years? I totally didn't mean them. All that laughing at you I did during those two games where the Bills embarrassed you this year? I didn't mean it, I really didn't! It was just peer pressure! Please accept my DEEPEST apologies. I'm so, so sorry. I think you're just fabulous. I really do. Please like us, our self -esteem as Bills fans is low and just knowing you're willing to coach here for a measely $27.5 million makes me so, so grateful. I haven't felt this positive about our team since the rally that welcomed Drew Bledsoe to Buffalo. You ROCK Rex!" ~ Bills fans...

This post is a giant bag of dicks.

WagonCircler
01-13-2015, 11:55 PM
Shiva's got a brand new bag.

feldspar
01-14-2015, 12:21 AM
I blame Losman.

swiper
01-14-2015, 04:56 AM

Pretty much describes half the posters here. Where people get the idea that Rex Ryan is an "excellent" coach is mystifying. He had the personnel in Baltimore. Also at points in NYC. But how was their secondary performing after Revis left? His being a great coach is purely myth.

Meathead
01-14-2015, 06:35 AM
shiva if you ever opted out we would try to get someone like glenn beck to take your place so whats the big deal

pmoon6
01-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Pretty much describes half the posters here. Where people get the idea that Rex Ryan is an "excellent" coach is mystifying. He had the personnel in Baltimore. Also at points in NYC. But how was their secondary performing after Revis left? His being a great coach is purely myth.Well, coaches need players, good players.

No "coaching up" or scheme can make up for lack of talent, so saying a coach is only good because he has great players can be said for everyone from Paul Brown to Vince Lombardi to Don Shula to Chuck Noll to Bill Walsh, etc. etc. I think Rex is a great defensive coach. It remains to be seen if he can turn the Bills' into a playoff team.

Historian
01-14-2015, 08:05 AM
I always thought (certainly in the early days) that Shula got an awful lot out of his no names.

A key to those Dolphin teams were the coordinators.

pmoon6
01-14-2015, 08:11 AM
I always thought (certainly in the early days) that Shula got an awful lot out of his no names.

A key to those Dolphin teams were the coordinators.....and his participation on the Competition Committee where he had virtually every call go his way.

Lucidvizion
01-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Grovel before Rex Ryan? Nah, I just won't take a dump all over him until he earns it as a Bills coach. He's got a fresh slate in my book.

coastal
01-14-2015, 09:21 AM

12 - 4, HERE WE COME!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227456-The-best-outcome?p=4042515&highlight=#post4042515

i rule.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 09:36 AM
Rex Ryan's biggest talent is salemanship. He's a hustler. I'm sure he promised the moon and the stars to the Pegulas and they bought it.

We'll see if he can sell it to the players.

I' sure he'll have everyone lining up to buy his snake oil at the press conference today...

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 09:40 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227456-The-best-outcome?p=4042515&highlight=#post4042515

i rule.

If you notice, I never predicted who the Pegulas would go with, and somehow I don't think that having the Pegulas agree with you is any particular endorsement yet.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Pretty much describes half the posters here. Where people get the idea that Rex Ryan is an "excellent" coach is mystifying. He had the personnel in Baltimore. Also at points in NYC. But how was their secondary performing after Revis left? His being a great coach is purely myth.

Like I said, Rex is a great salesman.

Whether his vacuum cleaners are any good is something time will tell.

But until then, I don't think it's incumbent on me to change my opinion of Rex Ryan just because some billionaire gave him the job.

Like I said, this is similar to the Drew Bledsoe acquisition.

I said then that I didn't have to prove anything to Drew Bledsoe, he had something to prove to me.

Same deal with Rex.

Money talks, bull **** walks...

Bill Cody
01-14-2015, 10:01 AM
Rex has proven what a lot of other coaches have proven...when they have poor QB play they don't win a lot.

Final four: Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Luck

Jets QB's under Sanchez, Geno

Bills QB now: EJ, assorted other potential flotsam and jetsam

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 10:06 AM
Rex has proven what a lot of other coaches have proven...when they have poor QB play they don't win a lot.

Final four: Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Luck

Jets QB's under Sanchez, Geno

Bills QB now: EJ, assorted other potential flotsam and jetsam

So, it doesn't matter who we hired, we aren't gonna win anyway?

Because I don't see any of the top ten or fifteen qbs moving anywhere.

I think that's a good excuse that could protect Rex for a couple of years.

Then what?

coastal
01-14-2015, 10:11 AM
If you notice, I never predicted who the Pegulas would go with.
Yeah I get that... you always leave yourself an out.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Yeah I get that... you always leave yourself an out.

No, I think making predictions is pointless.

All we can do is explain the scenario. I can't look inside Terry Pegula's head and I don't have an opinion of him one way or the other from his hockey record.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227407-Marrone-s-opt-out-clause

I'm flabbergasted.

I honestly don't know why I just don't listen to you from the beginning

Bill Cody
01-14-2015, 10:26 AM
So, it doesn't matter who we hired, we aren't gonna win anyway?

You catch on quick

Because I don't see any of the top ten or fifteen qbs moving anywhere.

I think that's a good excuse that could protect Rex for a couple of years.

Then what?

We either get a QB and maybe he wins or we don't and he gets fired. That's the drill.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 10:32 AM
You catch on quick

We either get a QB and maybe he wins or we don't and he gets fired. That's the drill.

And when you say a qb, who are you talking about?

And do you think Rex will have the balls to say this at his press conference? - "Just so there's no misunderstanding, with the qbs we have now, this team has NO CHANCE of winning, so either management can get me qb that can win or you can't blame me for losing!"

Change the culture Rex, change the culture!

coastal
01-14-2015, 10:59 AM
No, I think making predictions is pointless.

All we can do is explain the scenario. I can't look inside Terry Pegula's head and I don't have an opinion of him one way or the other from his hockey record.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227407-Marrone-s-opt-out-clause
Bad daddy is occasionally right and I have no problem admitting when that happens to occur.

and the book is still being written on his hockey record. A decade from now the Sabres could very well be the class of the NHL... like Chicago is now.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Bad daddy is occasionally right and I have no problem admitting when that happens to occur.

Bad daddy is always right. That's what you have a problem admitting...

coastal
01-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Bad daddy is always right. That's what you have a problem admitting...
Absolute crock of ****

bleve
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm down with Rex, he's a hockey player.

Downinfloflo
01-14-2015, 01:35 PM
I keep seeing Rex wearing Bills gear and on their website and I'm like, WTF is Rex doing there?? LOL

Going to take me a minute to get use to this..

Downinfloflo
01-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Doug Marrone has an interview lined up for the head coaching job at The Devry University.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Absolute crock of ****

Don't hate me Scott. Daddy loves you and just wants the best for you.

http://www.geocities.ws/loisabductions/wavs/Austin/ap01_scott.jpg

Historian
01-15-2015, 06:05 AM
12-4

DynaPaul
01-15-2015, 06:42 AM
For what it's worth, hell yeah I was happy when we squashed the Jets twice this year for two reasons: division rivalry and Ryan is a good coach. It's always nice to beat an opposing team when the coach is a worthy opponent. Rex always wore his heart on his sleeve and liked to talk up his team but the guy was held back by a crappy GM and poor players on offense. That made the Jets circus even worse since they were shackled by two dud QBs in Geno and Mike and Ryan had no real CBs on defense. I'm onboard with him running our defense and he did the right thing by bringing in a real OC who can utilize some of our strengths instead of run, run, pass, punt like we're used to.

Bill Cody
01-15-2015, 08:23 AM
And when you say a qb, who are you talking about?

And do you think Rex will have the balls to say this at his press conference? - "Just so there's no misunderstanding, with the qbs we have now, this team has NO CHANCE of winning, so either management can get me qb that can win or you can't blame me for losing!"

Change the culture Rex, change the culture!

You need a good to great QB to win a SB in today's league, the days of Mark Rypien or Trent Dilfer winning the bowl are over and those were decent players. That's what we're all looking for. But they're hard to find and there's some luck involved. I don't know when/if/how we get one. You tell me.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 08:47 AM
You need a good to great QB to win a SB in today's league, the days of Mark Rypien or Trent Dilfer winning the bowl are over and those were decent players. That's what we're all looking for. But they're hard to find and there's some luck involved. I don't know when/if/how we get one. You tell me.

Well, you don't draft Stephon Gilmore, Cordy Glenn and TJ Graham with Russell Wilson on the board...

better days
01-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Well, you don't draft Stephon Gilmore, Cordy Glenn and TJ Graham with Russell Wilson on the board...

Wilson was a third rnd pick.

I wanted the Bills to draft him, but Gilmore was worth a first rnd pick.

Wilson should have been drafted instead of TJ Graham.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Wilson was a third rnd pick.

I wanted the Bills to draft him, but Gilmore was worth a first rnd pick.

Wilson should have been drafted instead of TJ Graham.

He should have been drafted before ALL those clowns.

better days
01-15-2015, 09:20 AM
He should have been drafted before ALL those clowns.

Gilmore & Glenn are not clowns.

Gilmore had a GOOD year this year, I expect both Gilmore & Glenn to play better next year.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:35 AM
Gilmore & Glenn are not clowns.

Gilmore had a GOOD year this year, I expect both Gilmore & Glenn to play better next year.

Both Gilmore and Glenn are eminently replaceable.

Russell Wilson is not.

Think if we offered the Seahawks Gilmore and Glenn for Wilson, they'd do it?

If we offered them Gilmore, Glenn and our first round picks for the next ten years they wouldn't do it.

Bill Cody
01-15-2015, 11:26 AM

Yeah that would have helped. Problem solved in fact. But let's be fair here. The Seahawks had NO IDEA Wilson would be this good. If they had they wouldn't have risked letting him go to the third round. Wilson was like a 50 yard bomb they hoped to connect on and did, remember they had just signed what they thought was going to be their starting QB Matt Flynn to a pretty hefty FA contract. And all the other QB needy teams in the league passed on him at least twice maybe 3 times. So yeah it was a definite whiff but your post makes it sound a lot worse than it was. Drafting in hindsight is always easier.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah that would have helped. Problem solved in fact. But let's be fair here. The Seahawks had NO IDEA Wilson would be this good. If they had they wouldn't have risked letting him go to the third round. Wilson was like a 50 yard bomb they hoped to connect on and did, remember they had just signed what they thought was going to be their starting QB Matt Flynn to a pretty hefty FA contract. And all the other QB needy teams in the league passed on him at least twice maybe 3 times. So yeah it was a definite whiff but your post makes it sound a lot worse than it was. Drafting in hindsight is always easier.

The NFL is a closed system, like Dogpatch, inbred, concussion riven and dumb as a sack of hammers.

That's why at least half the teams are a disaster at any particular time.

The biggest fault of most teams, and specifically the Bills, is that even though they preach logic and reason, they are reactionary at heart. Every decision is driven by trying to correct a mistake made in the past.

Hiring a long time opponent with a mediocre record to correct the mistake they made with Marrone and Hackett is reactionary - ie "The last plan failed, so let's go with an entirely different plan!"

Also known as throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

feldspar
01-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Hiring a long time opponent with a mediocre record to correct the mistake they made with Marrone and Hackett is reactionary - ie "The last plan failed, so let's go with an entirely different plan!"

Also known as throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

So you hate the Rex Ryan hire then. OK.

And Marrone would probably still be the Coach today if he didn't quit and walk away.

better days
01-15-2015, 12:59 PM
Both Gilmore and Glenn are eminently replaceable.

Russell Wilson is not.

Think if we offered the Seahawks Gilmore and Glenn for Wilson, they'd do it?

If we offered them Gilmore, Glenn and our first round picks for the next ten years they wouldn't do it.

Well, if it were known how good Wilson would be before the draft, he would have been drafted in the first rnd, NOT the third.

The Seahawks not only waited until the 3rd rnd to draft Wilson, they also gave a HUGE contract to a FA QB that year.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Well, if it were known how good Wilson would be before the draft, he would have been drafted in the first rnd, NOT the third.

The Seahawks not only waited until the 3rd rnd to draft Wilson, they also gave a HUGE contract to a FA QB that year.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The more incompetent you are, the more you say things like "hindsight is a wonderful thing".

Sorry, but since I'm not a college football fan, I never saw Russell Wilson play either, but the Bills' scouts should have.

It was obvious we needed a qb. Drafting 70 odd guy7s before Wilson is a black mark on the entire league.

SpikedLemonade
01-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Buddy, I have given up on the dream of the Bills ever being truly contenders again.

I just want to be entertained and Rex Ryan entertains me.

Mace
01-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Buddy, I have given up on the dream of the Bills ever being truly contenders again.

I just want to be entertained and Rex Ryan entertains me.

Honestly, yes, maybe, I think or maybe no. I don't know. But it WILL be fun ! ...I think, ...maybe, ...yes, or no......

Whole thing aggravates me. It's entertaining though being this aggravated at being entertained.

harmonkoz
01-15-2015, 08:17 PM
The more incompetent you are, the more you say things like "hindsight is a wonderful thing".

Sorry, but since I'm not a college football fan, I never saw Russell Wilson play either, but the Bills' scouts should have.

It was obvious we needed a qb. Drafting 70 odd guy7s before Wilson is a black mark on the entire league.

I live in Madison. Went to several Badger games. I don't think anyone could have guessed what he would turn into. 30 other teams got it wrong. Hell it took Seattle all of training camp competing against Flynn and the other QB to see he was going to have a good shot. You are reaching calling out the Bills front office for not taking him.

pmoon6
01-16-2015, 04:13 AM
There are just as many later round success stories as first round busts. Montana went in the third and rode the bench for a year and half. We all know about Brady and Warner

EricStratton
01-16-2015, 04:36 AM
20 teams passed on Rodgers, all passed on Wilson three times and Brady was working in a women's shoe store by the time the 6th round came along.

Some players are missed by a lot of peoe who make a living looking at players but like it's been said the smartest fans get to look at the draft a few years later and rewrite history.

coastal
01-16-2015, 04:46 AM
The NHL passed on me... and I was ****ing awesome.

better days
01-16-2015, 07:50 AM
The NHL passed on me... and I was ****ing awesome.

Come on down to Ft Myers.

You could try out for the Florida Everblades they play in the ECHL, fun team to watch.

Bill Cody
01-16-2015, 08:31 AM

lol

stuckincincy
01-16-2015, 08:37 AM

You could try out for the Florida Everblades they play in the ECHL, fun team to watch.

The ECHL Cyclones play in Cincy. ECHL hockey is played like the NHL was before they piled on all the penalties and rules after the player strike a few years back.

better days
01-16-2015, 08:42 AM
The ECHL Cyclones play in Cincy. ECHL hockey is played like the NHL was before they piled on all the penalties and rules after the player strike a few years back.

Yeah. Like I said ECHL is fun to watch & very affordable.

Historian
01-16-2015, 09:07 AM
Fergy was a third rounder.

I think he was hurt as a senior though.

CommissarSpartacus
01-16-2015, 09:09 AM
20 teams passed on Rodgers, all passed on Wilson three times and Brady was working in a women's shoe store by the time the 6th round came along.

Indeed.

Proves how brain dead most of the NFL is.

Downinfloflo
01-16-2015, 02:17 PM

I'll be there to see the Rangers ECHL (Greenville Road Warriors) team play them at the end of the month.

feldspar
01-16-2015, 03:07 PM
There are just as many later round success stories as first round busts.

C'mon now, it's not even close. Later round success stories are the exception to the rule by a country mile.

QBs are generally overdrafted now because of how important the position is. If you hit on one in later rounds, you just plain got lucky. If all teams repeatedly passed on a QB in the draft what does that tell you about how he is perceived?

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 04:30 AM
C'mon now, it's not even close. Later round success stories are the exception to the rule by a country mile.

QBs are generally overdrafted now because of how important the position is. If you hit on one in later rounds, you just plain got lucky. If all teams repeatedly passed on a QB in the draft what does that tell you about how he is perceived?Johnny Unitas was a free agent. Bart Starr was a 17th round draft pick. Len Dawson was a first rounder, but was traded after his rookie year. Joe Theismann was a fourth rounder and went to the CFL for a couple years. Stabler was a second rounder, These are all championship winning QB's. I would mention Staubach, he was taken in the later rounds, but that was because of his military commitment. So how can you say it's not even close?

swiper
01-17-2015, 04:38 AM
Johnny Unitas was a free agent. Bart Starr was a 17th round draft pick. Len Dawson was a first rounder, but was traded after his rookie year. Joe Theismann was a fourth rounder and went to the CFL for a couple years. Stabler was a second rounder, These are all championship winning QB's. I would mention Staubach, he was taken in the later rounds, but that was because of his military commitment. So how can you say it's not even close?

Could you please go back a little further in time please? That wasn't far enough.

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Could you please go back a little further in time please? That wasn't far enough.Hey!!!!! I'm not THAT old.:D

swiper
01-17-2015, 04:41 AM
Well. You may be.

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 05:07 AM
Could you please go back a little further in time please? That wasn't far enough.Seriously, I mentioned some more current QB's in the first post and Dilfer and Johnson were already mentioned. Rich Gannon went in the fourth and won MVP twice, I think. Proving that sometimes it takes time and the right situation to flourish. At any rate, I will agree that in todays' NFL with the intense scouting and focus on the draft, it's probably fair to say that it's tougher to get a later round QB and win it all, but historically that isn't the case. Even today, it's still a crap shoot as far as the drafting QBs' and the armchair draft experts love to say **** after a guy like Russell Wilson plays on a SB winner.....they knew it all along.

Night Train
01-17-2015, 05:11 AM
Proves how brain dead most of the NFL is.

Much like this thread title.

better days
01-17-2015, 05:42 AM
I'll be there to see the Rangers ECHL (Greenville Road Warriors) team play them at the end of the month.

If you haven't been to Germain Arena before, you will love it.

Not a bad seat in the house.

It is to hockey arena's what the Bisons Stadium is to baseball stadiums.