X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyGold
    • Dec 2008

'Fail Mary' ref suffering from PTSD, has contemplated suicide

"It's more than two years since Easley made one of the most infamous calls in NFL history. It left him under siege from the media, both traditional and social. Players and coaches blasted him. Late-night comics mocked him. Irate fans and gamblers hammered him with crank calls and death threats. The controversy extended all the way to the presidential campaign trail with both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney addressing it.
    gallery

Today, Easley says, the man he was is gone. Perhaps only his faith remains the same. Today, everything else is up for grabs. Today, it's all a struggle."
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: 'Fail Mary' ref suffering from PTSD, has contemplated suicide

Then he should do the honorable thing and commit seppuku

Comment

• bdutton
      • Jul 2013

It was the correct call. People need to read the rules before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

pussy

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

If that guy can claim PTSD for a football call, I'm definitely gonna cash in too.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

it was a terrible call! it totally ruined that monday night for me.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

I was annoyed for a solid couple of hours
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bdutton View Post
                It was the correct call. People need to read the rules before jumping to conclusions.
                That was not a simultaneous catch. No, it wasn't the right call, although it wasn't any worse than some of the calls we have seen in just the 16 Bills games this year.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

wrong. The league admitted it was the wrong call

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Poor guy. Take some xanex and call it a day.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

bingo.

the rule is when there is split possession the catch goes to the wr. they both had hands on the ball, and the ball never hit the ground. That's a judgement call made on the field and it was (arguably) right. Personally i think it was an int... but i had replay to help me come to that conclusion. watching it real time, the refs made a very defensible judgement call.

furthermore, the field ruling that it was split possession isn't reviewable, only a catch is. the only thing he could review is if the players came down in the field of play and the ball didn't touch the ground. once he deciphered that, the ruling on the field of a touchdown had to stand. He couldn't overturn the catch/interception/split possession with replay even if he wanted to.
                      Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-13-2015, 05:54 PM.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

I think this guy needs to have a heart to heart with Scott Norwood.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

definitely the right call
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                            bingo.

the rule is when there is split possession the catch goes to the wr. they both had hands on the ball, and the ball never hit the ground. That's a judgement call made on the field and it was (arguably) right. Personally i think it was an int... but i had replay to help me come to that conclusion. watching it real time, the refs made a very defensible judgement call.

furthermore, the field ruling that it was split possession isn't reviewable, only a catch is. the only thing he could review is if the players came down in the field of play and the ball didn't touch the ground. once he deciphered that, the ruling on the field of a touchdown had to stand. He couldn't overturn the catch/interception/split possession with replay even if he wanted to.
                            I'm not sure how anyone can watch that and say Jennings didn't have that ball before Tate got his hands on it. That was not a simultaneous catch and it absolutely is a reviewable call because it happened in the endzone.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                              I'm not sure how anyone can watch that and say Jennings didn't have that ball before Tate got his hands on it. That was not a simultaneous catch and it absolutely is a reviewable call because it happened in the endzone.
                              the catch in bounds in reviewable. the part that isn't was the ref's judgement of a split reception. the refs on the field called it a split reception, once that happened the only thing instant replay could overturn is the catch (if the ball hit the ground or one of the two players were out of bounds)

and yes, in real time i wasn't sure if he bobbled the int, and then they both got their hands on it or not. with replay it was clear as day it was an int. unfortunately once the judgement of a "split reception" was made on the field it was a done deal.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X