PDA

View Full Version : In Honour of Dominik Hasek the Sabres Lose Their 8th Consecutive Game

SpikedLemonade
01-13-2015, 08:01 PM
#NoHonourForConnor

#TheCrapStainofHockey

#ShouldHaveLeftThemBankrupt

coastal
01-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Be nice

JATMtheJATM
01-13-2015, 08:50 PM
yes, because losing to the red wings comes as a shock

SpikedLemonade
01-15-2015, 07:39 PM
yes, because losing to the red wings comes as a shock

Is losing 6-0 a home to the Wild who were on a 6 game losing streak a shock?

What would be a shock to you?

JATMtheJATM
01-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Is losing 6-0 a home to the Wild who were on a 6 game losing streak a shock?

What would be a shock to you?

nothing comes as a shock to me this season. thats what a typical rebuild is. consistently bad hockey.

SpikedLemonade
01-15-2015, 07:47 PM
nothing comes as a shock to me this season. thats what a typical rebuild is. consistently bad hockey.

Not hockey this historically bad and not for two or more years.

No hockey fanbase would tolerate it unless they already had an appetite for crap.

JATMtheJATM
01-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Not hockey this historically bad and not for two or more years.

No hockey fanbase would tolerate it unless they already had an appetite for crap.

given the prizes at the end of the tunnel, fans are tolerating this poor season just fine.

besides, wasnt it you guys who kept mindlessly droning on about how bad the sabres were going to be this year? and now that its predictably happening, you are acting surprised and drumming up fake outrage at it?

that almost makes sense.

Downinfloflo
01-15-2015, 07:52 PM
given the prizes at the end of the tunnel, fans are tolerating this poor season just fine.

You keep making his point for him.

You see loosing as some sort of "Prize".

You act like McDavid or Eichel will cure the Sabres of their suckness.

You're going to continue to loose with or with out those guys, The Franchise has gone septic.

What will the "Prize" be for sucking next season?

SpikedLemonade
01-15-2015, 07:53 PM

besides, wasnt it you guys who kept mindlessly droning on about how bad the sabres were going to be this year? and now that its predictably happening, you are acting surprised and drumming up fake outrage at it?

that almost makes sense.

Personally, I thought the Sabres would do something to look like they are trying like firing a coach who has a record way worse than the coaches who were fired so far this year.

Oh well, the Sabres only lose tonight by a touchdown.

Season ticket holders, make sure you sell your tickets to the Leafs games to lower your pain.

JATMtheJATM
01-15-2015, 07:56 PM

You're going to continue to loose with or with out those guys, The Franchise has gone septic.

bold prediction. i guess we will find out in a calendar year.

its a game of patience, and most fans know that. yeah, we suck now. let the kids develop and the ship will be righted. most fans realize this and are being patient.

casdhf
01-16-2015, 08:00 AM
An Islanders type turn around for next year isn't out of the question.

mightysimi
01-16-2015, 08:04 AM
An Islanders type turn around for next year isn't out of the question.

except Buffalo doesn't have half the talent the the Isles have. There is no Tavares or Halak for that matter on this team.

casdhf
01-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Drew Stafford will be extended ...

SpikedLemonade
01-16-2015, 08:23 AM
Drew Stafford will be extended ...

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

JATMtheJATM
01-16-2015, 01:33 PM
except Buffalo doesn't have half the talent the the Isles have. There is no Tavares or Halak for that matter on this team.

well, there could be a tavares (or better) like talent on the team next year, depending on where the sabres land in the mceichel sweepstakes.

mightysimi
01-16-2015, 01:38 PM
well, there could be a tavares (or better) like talent on the team next year, depending on where the sabres land in the mceichel sweepstakes.

But he won't be at the level Tavares is now to turn it around like they did.

JATMtheJATM
01-16-2015, 01:43 PM
But he won't be at the level Tavares is now to turn it around like they did.

no, probably not. the good news is the sabres have a ton pieces to put around him. the only thing is we need to be patient while they ripen. tons of raw talent that just needs time. its not like the sabres are bad and have no assets. they have the highest rated prospect pool in the NHL.

but im not expecting a massive turn around to the playoffs next year, either. improvement? yeah, hopefully.

mightysimi
01-16-2015, 01:53 PM
no, probably not. the good news is the sabres have a ton pieces to put around him. the only thing is we need to be patient while they ripen. tons of raw talent that just needs time. its not like the sabres are bad and have no assets. they have the highest rated prospect pool in the NHL.

but im not expecting a massive turn around to the playoffs next year, either. improvement? yeah, hopefully.

That is why it is so important to stay the course. I feel the same way with the Jets this year. Sitting in a playoff spot with a city desperate for playoff hockey. I'm worried that they jeopardize the prolonged success we could have if they just stay the course. Just in the system that could play next year we have Petan (led WJHC in points), Morrissey (28G as a d in the W) Ehlers (a million points in the Q) and Comrie (backup for Can at WJHC). If they can hang on and let the guys develop along with Schiefle and Trouba getting better, this could be a great team in a few years. If they stay the course that is.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2015, 01:59 PM

Well, I'm not sure they're going to "loose" all the time. But, the point that you seem to keep intentionally ignoring is that it is not just about one player.

It is about a long list of prospects in the system. Armia. Pysyk. Grigorenko. Fasching. Compher. Ullmark. Cattenacci. Bailey. McCabe. Lemieux. Baptiste. Hurley. 3 1st round picks this year. A slew of 2nd round picks. And a ton of cap space too.

So to say that it's septic is either willful ignorance or outright stupidity.

Take your pick.

JATMtheJATM
01-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Well, I'm not sure they're going to "loose" all the time. But, the point that you seem to keep intentionally ignoring is that it is not just about one player.

It is about a long list of prospects in the system. Armia. Pysyk. Grigorenko. Fasching. Compher. Ullmark. Cattenacci. Bailey. McCabe. Lemieux. Baptiste. Hurley. 3 1st round picks this year. A slew of 2nd round picks. And a ton of cap space too.

So to say that it's septic is either willful ignorance or outright stupidity.

Take your pick.

thats ignoring the youth we already have on the big club like zad, risto, and girgs who are learning the game and developing nicely.

and of course, you left out reinhart, who could be a cornerstone forward as well.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Oh Yeah. I left off the roster guys on purpose.

However, Reinhart was just a giant brain fart.

But hey - none of that matters. FloFlo has decided. they have no good prosects at all.

JATMtheJATM
01-16-2015, 02:09 PM
That is why it is so important to stay the course. I feel the same way with the Jets this year. Sitting in a playoff spot with a city desperate for playoff hockey. I'm worried that they jeopardize the prolonged success we could have if they just stay the course. Just in the system that could play next year we have Petan (led WJHC in points), Morrissey (28G as a d in the W) Ehlers (a million points in the Q) and Comrie (backup for Can at WJHC). If they can hang on and let the guys develop along with Schiefle and Trouba getting better, this could be a great team in a few years. If they stay the course that is.

excellent post. and 100% correct. the sabres are a tire fire on the ice right now, thats undeniable. but they arent starting from scratch, and if they stay the course and let the kids develop, then yes, this team will have bright future in the not so distant future. my hope is they land either mcdavid or eichel in this draft, but no matter who they get this draft, i think the team is experiencing rock bottom right now, and will be on the upswing next year. will it be dramatic, like the isles this year? no, probably not. but with all the youth up and coming, and developing, better hockey next year seems likely. the amount of better hockey is of course ones perception. for example, despite the struggles of the sabres this year, we have seen zad, grigo, risto, and grigs develop signficantly (grigo in much less time) and thats hopefully going to continue into next year with players like armia, grigo, and reinhart playing significant roles and developing themselves. we will see, obviously, but this my hope for next year.

Downinfloflo
01-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Oh Yeah. I left off the roster guys on purpose.

However, Reinhart was just a giant brain fart.

But hey - none of that matters. FloFlo has decided. they have no good prosects at all.

Go watch golf.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Go watch golf.

I think I'll continue to watch hockey. After all, I wouldn't want my portion of the season tickets to go to waste.

SpikedLemonade
01-16-2015, 02:35 PM
I think I'll continue to watch hockey. After all, I wouldn't want my portion of the season tickets to go to waste.

By the way, I have a ton of respect and sympathy for you having to endure this crap in person.

I can't imagine having to sit through last night's 7-0 beating and 9th consecutive loss.

It takes the fun out of it.

JATMtheJATM
01-16-2015, 02:40 PM
look at that, sympathy you didnt ask for or need, lecter! congrats!