PDA

View Full Version : The Rex Ryan noon Press Conference live video

Strongman
01-14-2015, 09:54 AM
The live video is now up:

http://alturl.com/ewhig

They're just doing sound checks right now.

Strongman
01-14-2015, 10:09 AM
It's on the NFLN also.

THRILLHO
01-14-2015, 10:19 AM
I love that Pegula was talking about the staff that did the search: "Myself, Kim, Russ, and Doug. Whaley." I couldn't tell if it got a laugh, but I chuckled.

THRILLHO
01-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Rex IMMEDIATELY with the bravado. "Is this thing on? Because its about to be on."

JohnnyGold
01-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Rex IMMEDIATELY with the bravado. "Is this thing on? Because its about to be on."

hes the man.

he is the *****ing man.

im so glad hes our coach.

i DESPISE any fan that isnt excited about this team. this is amazing.

the bills are staying. our team is good. our coach is incredible.

billser
01-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Not always been biggest Rex fan, not a fan of bravado big talking people Generally, but THAT WAS AWESOME! This guy is inspirational, made me wanna get up and tackle someone...love it.

Albany,n.y.
01-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Nice slap at Marrone when Rex talked about loyalty.

THRILLHO
01-14-2015, 10:38 AM
That SMILE when talking about our D-line. He simply cannot wait to have fun with this defense.

Historian
01-14-2015, 10:40 AM
"Hi, I'm Russ Brandon and I'm going back to managing the gift shop."

THRILLHO
01-14-2015, 10:44 AM
"Hi, I'm Russ Brandon and I'm going back to managing the gift shop."

Thats what I heard too.

JohnnyGold
01-14-2015, 10:47 AM
OMG.

Jerry Sullivan.

Die. Or retire.

Either or.

Forward_Lateral
01-14-2015, 10:49 AM
Jerry is such a dick

Rex just gave a shout out to Jim and Thurman. Wow.

Guy knows how to win over people, if nothing else. He's not a big fat jerk afterall

THRILLHO
01-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Rex just SKEWERED that guy that called him a mediocre coach.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Rex knows how to be inspiring. That's for sure.

Forward_Lateral
01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
The guy has a way of telling you to eat sheet and make you smile.

Jeff1220
01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
I hope I can see the whole interview (not just excerpts, like BB.com often does) when I get home later this evening.

BAM
01-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Most entertaining thing I've watched in a while. He's at least starting off on the right foot saying the right things. Wow what a 180 from Marrone it would seem.

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Dedicated to Rex Ryan...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yTgGVzV5gPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meathead
01-14-2015, 11:04 AM
yeah no fake punts on fourth and thirteen when leading by three with minutes to play

Strongman
01-14-2015, 11:04 AM
"We won't build our offensive game plans around our punter"`Rex Ryan

You have to love it!

SpikedLemonade
01-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Dedicated to Rex Ryan...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yTgGVzV5gPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

The "Mexican Radio" guy.

THRILLHO
01-14-2015, 11:11 AM
If you aren't excited after watching that presser....

Bone
01-14-2015, 11:12 AM
If you aren't excited after watching that presser....

The Buffalo Bullies....here we go!!

justasportsfan
01-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Did he say what the Rings of BB take like?
Does he plan on visiting Obama or will he wait for the next president?

DesertFox24
01-14-2015, 11:18 AM
I will say something the guy just has a way of making you want to suit up and go. I can see how players want to play for the guy. I had one coach like that in my basketball career and I worked my butt of and enjoyed it every day. When I went to college the coach was a nice guy off the court but not the same and it became a job and I hated it. The other thing I liked is when I walked into the front door and introduced himself to the attendant there and called her Ma'am, you can tell he was raised correctly and that he is a very genuine guy it is not fake.

Strongman
01-14-2015, 11:20 AM
I thought it was good. Rex clearly enjoys those things and he can inspire people. The only downer in it was when Russ Brandon felt the urge to interject his point or whatever the heck that was.

justasportsfan
01-14-2015, 11:24 AM
For those happy we hired Ryan, you should thank Russ. Russ has his fingerprint on this too with Whaley.

Joe Fo Sho
01-14-2015, 11:26 AM
For those happy we hired Ryan, you should thank Russ. Russ has his fingerprint on this too with Whaley.

THANKS, RUSS!!!

Mahdi
01-14-2015, 11:29 AM
I thought it was good. Rex clearly enjoys those things and he can inspire people. The only downer in it was when Russ Brandon felt the urge to interject his point or whatever the heck that was.

I noticed that too. Glad Terry made it a point to get the last word in even though he repeated himself.

Strongman
01-14-2015, 11:37 AM
I noticed that too. Glad Terry made it a point to get the last word in even though he repeated himself.

Yeah, it was like it hasn't sunk in that he's been demoted and that he still thinks he's 2nd in command.

WagonCircler
01-14-2015, 11:38 AM
I LOVE that he didn't try to blow smoke up our asses about "developing" EJ.

The first time he answered a QB question, he didn't even mention EJ's name.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2015, 11:41 AM
"We won't build our offensive game plans around our punter"`Rex Ryan

You have to love it!
He disrespected St. Brian!

kingJofNYC
01-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Knew you guys would like him, it's honestly hard not to. He's a great defensive coach.

Not sure he's a great head coach, but I feel he's probably one of the better hires we've made. All the best to Rex, he will give us his all, that's for sure.

Strongman
01-14-2015, 11:42 AM
I LOVE that he didn't try to blow smoke up our asses about "developing" EJ.

The first time he answered a QB question, he didn't even mention EJ's name.

I like that he was non-committal about it. That said, he did later indicate that he thought EJ had some good qualities and wasn't being used correctly by moving around more. Maybe he does think he can salvage him.

imbondz
01-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Ugh. I'm more of an 'act like you've been there before'. I prefer Levy's ways and attitude. When I think of successful coaches, none of them act like that. Hopefully Rex proves me wrong tho.

trapezeus
01-14-2015, 11:50 AM
it's a great story if it works out. a guy with a big personality in a big city screwed over years out his gig there. He gets a shot in a smaller town that seems to be too small for him. but he falls in love with it and does the one thing no one else was ever able to do in the modern NFL. bring us a champion.

i really hope we get to the playoffs next season so we can hail him as St.Rex to just rub it in marrone's stupid face a little more.

Meathead
01-14-2015, 11:55 AM
yeah im not much of a fan of the bravado either. but it obviously plays well with the players, not to mention most of the money paying public

last year when he got 8-8 out of that squad i thought was brilliant coaching. this season not so much but they really fell off the map at some key positional talent. hes got tons more talent on this squad so im looking forward what he can really do

biggest problem is obviously going to be qb. at least they got a good coordinator to start with, now i want to see who their qb coach is. its unlikely they will find a real starter in facy or even a trade so they have to give ej a shot at a salvage job and are most likely going to need to draft somebody as early as they can

HAMMER
01-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Ugh. I'm more of an 'act like you've been there before'. I prefer Levy's ways and attitude. When I think of successful coaches, none of them act like that. Hopefully Rex proves me wrong tho.

Exactly, all this guy needs is a big red nose and some clown shoes.

He's all gravy and no meat, writing checks with his mouth again that he doesn't have a QB to help him cash. It's laughable, and all the sheeple that see bright shiny objects lap it up. I bet Belichick and Brady are just laughing their asses off watching this jerk spout off knowing they own him and he's still dumb enough to keep talking smack. He'll never learn and neither will most of you.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-14-2015, 12:10 PM
I actually thought he toned down from when he was in NY.

imbondz
01-14-2015, 12:12 PM

He's all gravy and no meat, writing checks with his mouth again that he doesn't have a QB to help him cash. It's laughable, and all the sheeple that see bright shiny objects lap it up. I bet Belichick and Brady are just laughing their asses off watching this jerk spout off knowing they own him and he's still dumb enough to keep talking smack. He'll never learn and neither will most of you.

lol. couldn't agree more. the only way he'll learn is when he keeps getting fired for not producing

WagonCircler
01-14-2015, 12:12 PM
he did later indicate that he thought EJ had some good qualities and wasn't being used correctly by moving around more.

That was damning with faint praise.

Joe Fo Sho
01-14-2015, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=HAMMER;4049263I bet Belichick and Brady are just laughing their asses off watching this jerk spout off knowing they own him and he's still dumb enough to keep talking smack.[/QUOTE]

Which game this year do you think they're laughing about? The 2 point victory where the Jets missed a field goal to end it or the 1 point victory? Winning 2 games by 3 points total to a team that's as talentless as the Jets does not make a coach and quarterback confident.

imbondz
01-14-2015, 12:14 PM
all that matters is NE was 2-0 against the Jets. pretty sure Brady and Bellicheat are plenty confident

Strongman
01-14-2015, 12:24 PM
That was damning with faint praise.

Could be. I thought it was more of a damning statement about Marrone and Hackett's idiocy.

wmoz11
01-14-2015, 01:00 PM
all that matters is NE was 2-0 against the Jets. pretty sure Brady and Bellicheat are plenty confident

Say what you want, but I guarantee you they're more afraid of a Buffalo Bills team lead by Rex Ryan than they were of one lead by Doug Marrone.

trapezeus
01-14-2015, 01:04 PM

It's great to have this stance because if they fail, you get to say how brilliant you are for seeing it, and if they win, you are happy it happened and no one remembers.

The move was pretty solid given the options and what seems to be an interest to win now. If they wanted a rebuild, they would have taken a flyer on a coordinator. but without a GM/Czar, they would be committing to something they want more guidance on. This hire says, "keep the defense good, find an OC who can get more than what we got, and can we get into the playoffs"

I'm fine with that. and i'm also fine if it fails. having a new approach and it being their first try at this may not yeild immediate results or even favorable results. but they aren't letting russ sign the first guy who kind of seems like a coach.

Joe Fo Sho
01-14-2015, 01:14 PM

You think Brady and Belichick are confident? No ****. They're confident against any team and coach in the NFL right now. My point is that they're not 'laughing their asses off' like Hammer said.

BuffaloRedleg
01-14-2015, 01:18 PM
It's great to have this stance because if they fail, you get to say how brilliant you are for seeing it, and if they win, you are happy it happened and no one remembers.

The move was pretty solid given the options and what seems to be an interest to win now. If they wanted a rebuild, they would have taken a flyer on a coordinator. but without a GM/Czar, they would be committing to something they want more guidance on. This hire says, "keep the defense good, find an OC who can get more than what we got, and can we get into the playoffs"

I'm fine with that. and i'm also fine if it fails. having a new approach and it being their first try at this may not yeild immediate results or even favorable results. but they aren't letting russ sign the first guy who kind of seems like a coach.

That's internet message board behavior 101. Pathetic.

BertSquirtgum
01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Anybody have a link to the full press conference?

BertSquirtgum
01-14-2015, 01:49 PM

I hate pussies and the pussies the current American society is creating. Sack up

justasportsfan
01-14-2015, 01:53 PM
THANKS, RUSS!!!

you're welcome

Strongman
01-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Anybody have a link to the full press conference?

Here you go:

http://alturl.com/63bbu

imbondz
01-14-2015, 02:12 PM
I hate pussies and the pussies the current American society is creating. Sack up

Lol. Ok bud thx. I'm a sack up!

HAMMER
01-14-2015, 03:24 PM

Again, I have been one of the most positive posters here since I joined 12 years ago.

Just because I hate this hire and express it doesn't mean I am looking to be right. But if you want the truth, right now I am right, he is a losing HC with a big mouth that embarrasses himself and will now be embbarassing Buffalos owners and Fans. The guy blabbers on about super bowls and playoffs but hasn't come through. "Past behavior is the greatest predictor of future behavior." Plan on more mediocrity and a lot of BS speeches on Friday and Monday mornings as to why "we will" and why "we couldn't get it done".

notacon
01-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Again, I have been one of the most positive posters here since I joined 12 years ago.

Apparently those days are done.

Albany,n.y.
01-14-2015, 03:43 PM

Just because I hate this hire and express it doesn't mean I am looking to be right. But if you want the truth, right now I am right, he is a losing HC with a big mouth that embarrasses himself and will now be embbarassing Buffalos owners and Fans. The guy blabbers on about super bowls and playoffs but hasn't come through. "Past behavior is the greatest predictor of future behavior." Plan on more mediocrity and a lot of BS speeches on Friday and Monday mornings as to why "we will" and why "we couldn't get it done".
4-2 in playoff games, 67% win %, better than any Bills coach since Marv.

cookie G
01-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Dedicated to Rex Ryan...

Nah, he believes what he says. It may not be right, but what you see is what you get with him.

As far as him bringing swagger and attitude to the D...well, they already had it. If people don't realize that, they weren't watching many games last year.

so...

Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HjCGARrWUVg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His problem is, he's never brought any swagger to an offense.

We'll see.

Mace
01-14-2015, 04:31 PM
I still don't understand the hire, or why he came, but he came and so it goes. Sounds like a Mad Max narration. It will be entertaining. It's really tough to not like him (I never didn't, he's RexFest) and want to buy in, and it's over and done, so I'll settle into my hopeful fantasies of "maybe we'll get glory again" for a while. Not too much else to do. Maybe we will.

I sure don't know. I want to believe again for a bit though, so I will to make myself happy.

justasportsfan
01-14-2015, 04:38 PM
4-2 in playoff games, .

4-12 is a more recent reality than that.

swiper
01-14-2015, 04:41 PM

Your ignorance of Rex Ryan is obvious.

swiper
01-14-2015, 04:43 PM

I hate losers who use avatar butts of women they could never have in a million years. That is a real pussy.

BertSquirtgum
01-14-2015, 05:41 PM
I hate losers who use avatar butts of women they could never have in a million years. That is a real pussy.

Me too

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Nah, he believes what he says...

I'm sure he does. All the best salesmen do.

feldspar
01-14-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm sure he does. All the best salesmen do.

Doesn't a coach have to be a salesmen of sorts, really?

They always talk about players and other personnel "buying in," don't they?

Attitude is half this game, or a big part of it. Belief is contagious as well as motivational to other people.

You don't like Rex...I get it. But the man is an upgrade and deserves a chance IMO. Whether or not he deserves one is beside the point anyway, because he has one regardless. You gonna ***** about him all year long now? Don't comment too much until you find a cause to ***** about?

CommissarSpartacus
01-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Doesn't a coach have to be a salesmen of sorts, really?

Of course they do. Didn't I say it was a talent?

The question is whether the snake oil he's selling will cure what ails you...

feldspar
01-14-2015, 07:57 PM
Of course they do. Didn't I say it was a talent?

The question is whether the snake oil he's selling will cure what ails you...

So are ALL coaches "snake oil salesmen" in your opinion?

If not, then explain the difference between those who are, and those that aren't so I know where you're coming from. Be clear.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 08:18 AM
So are ALL coaches "snake oil salesmen" in your opinion?

If not, then explain the difference between those who are, and those that aren't so I know where you're coming from. Be clear.

Bill Belichek is not a snake oil salesman.

Do I need to explain the difference between Bill Belichek and Rex Ryan to you?

Lucidvizion
01-15-2015, 08:25 AM
Bill Belichek is not a snake oil salesman.

Tom Brady and Geno Smith?

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Tom Brady and Geno Smith?

Did the Jets hold a gun to Rexy's head when they drafted Geno?

feldspar
01-15-2015, 12:56 PM

Please do. Please explain the difference between Bill Belichick and Rey Ryan to me. I'll be waiting for it.

In your reply, please keep in mind that Rex Ryan had a better record and superior playoff success than Bill Belichick over their corresponding first six years in the league. That's an indisputable fact.

Did the Jets hold a gun to Rexy's head when they drafted Geno?

Did the Patriots hold a gun to Belichick's head when they gave Drew Bledsoe a record-breaking 10-year contract in 2001? I seem to remember you saying just today how bone-headed the Bills were (and how YOU knew better) when they picked up Drew Bledsoe. Well, nobody "held a gun to Belichick's head" when they were set to go with Bledsoe long-term with Brady on the roster, did they? Lucky Bledsoe got hurt that year, eh? Lucky about the Tuck Rule, eh?

That's the meat-and-potatoes here. You don't think a Hall of Fame quarterback is going to elevate how a coach is perceived? Did they overlook Brady's potential when they gave Bledsoe that deal?

So, take all of these things under consideration when you tell me the difference between Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick. One of them was caught cheating and the other wasn't?

Can't wait for you to either ignore this, take a convenient sound-byte from it, or ignore it entirely.

Gotta have the proper ingredients to make a good stew.