• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K-Gun
    Deal with it
    • Jul 2003

One thing I can tell you about the switch at HC

You know, and I've said this before, obviously, that the one thing you can believe, and you know like we talked about just yesterday,
    is that Rex Ryan is a hell of a lot more, you know, um... Let me say this, because this is very important, all right? And learning to listen is very important, obviously.
    But obviously, gosh, let me tell ya, Rex Ryan is a hell of a lot more, um, articulate and, um, professional than, um, I'm sorry, gees, what was his name again? um. obviously.
    [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: One thing I can tell you about the switch at HC

What a smash!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by K-Gun View Post
      You know, and I've said this before, obviously, that the one thing you can believe, and you know like we talked about just yesterday,
      is that Rex Ryan is a hell of a lot more, you know, um... Let me say this, because this is very important, all right? And learning to listen is very important, obviously.
      But obviously, gosh, let me tell ya, Rex Ryan is a hell of a lot more, um, articulate and, um, professional than, um, I'm sorry, gees, what was his name again? um. obviously.
      I'm having a really hard time following what you're saying at all. What now? Are you saying Rex talks broken like that? I didn't see it.
      Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 01-14-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
        • Dec 2008

Obviously!

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

I've asked this before on another thread. What does being articulate with the press have to do with being an effective coach in the NFL?

Comment

• Dr. Who
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
            I'm having a really hard time following what you're saying at all. What now? Are you saying Rex talks broken like that? I didn't see it.
            He's mimicking the recently departed saint.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            I've asked this before on another thread. What does being articulate with the press have to do with being an effective coach in the NFL?
            Perhaps not much, but being articulate and inspiring is a significant leadership quality, don't you think?

Comment

• jimmifli
              • Nov 2006

Someone that sounds like an idiot speaking to the press probably sounds like an idiot speaking to the team.

I'd imagine a team that thinks their coach is an idiot is bad for morale and performance. But once a coach passes the "not sounding like an idiot" line, I doubt it has much to do with being an effective coach.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

I just listened to the video provide of parts of the presser.

I have no idea what you referring to. Rex came off as being very articulate.

I speak in front of crowds for a living. It's not as easy as most think, especially those that have not done it.

Anyway....this is a spam thread!

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                  Victimizing The Victimizer
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                  He's mimicking the recently departed saint.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps not much, but being articulate and inspiring is a significant leadership quality, don't you think?
                  On Wall Street sure, But not on a football field where you are trying to knock someones soul out of their body.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                    Someone that sounds like an idiot speaking to the press probably sounds like an idiot speaking to the team.

I'd imagine a team that thinks their coach is an idiot is bad for morale and performance. But once a coach passes the "not sounding like an idiot" line, I doubt it has much to do with being an effective coach.
                    He didn't sound like an idiot.

Some of the best managers in the world cannot put together two words when they get in front of a crowd.

Your observation is false. Being "articulate" for the press has nothing whatsoever to do with being an effective and successful coach in the NFL.

Look at Belichick. He talks like he has marbles in his mouth when he talks to the press. A terrible, terrible speaker. He is probably one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

This is not an "inarticulate" man....

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

He's saying all the right things because he's still in honeymoon stage.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• K-Gun
                          Deal with it
                          • Jul 2003

This is not an "inarticulate" man....

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/vi...1-e64f437faf47
                          Um, you know, obviously you haven't, ya know, and I was going to mention this earlier, ya know. But one thing I want to say, was, obviously, I wasn't, ya know, obviously.
                          [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

"Uhh,I love these guys....and I love this game....and"

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

I have a really tough time getting on board with anyone bashing the morale of the team this past season. That is just wrong. Discipline perhaps but not their morale ...

Comment

Working...
                              X