PDA

View Full Version : Timeline to Contender Status

EDS
01-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Do you think the Bills need to first make the playoffs and get that experience, coupled with a year of playing with the new coaching staff, before they can legitimately contend for a championship or can they legitimately contend in 2015?

Obviously they need to sort out the QB position and the right side of the offensive line.

swiper
01-14-2015, 05:02 PM
It would be more pertinent to consider the timeline to the first "Can we get Marrone back?" thread. Mark it down.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-14-2015, 05:03 PM
It would be more pertinent to consider the timeline to the first "Can we get Marrone back?" thread. Mark it down.

That will come within minutes of the first time we lose a game this season so possibly as early as week 1. We are a ficky bunch of whiners and weiners.

swiper
01-14-2015, 05:05 PM
That will come within minutes of the first time we lose a game this season so possibly as early as week 1. We are a ficky bunch of whiners and weiners.

LOL. Not even I am that pessimistic.

Joe Fo Sho
01-14-2015, 05:06 PM

We'll have to endure 100 more 'Rex is a loser' threads before we even play our 1st game, so at least we have something to look forward too.

YardRat
01-14-2015, 05:36 PM
IMO the hiring of Ryan and subsequent fallout has set the time table for making the playoffs back a season, maybe two. Once a team gets there, anything can happen. If things had played out a little differently over the past week, and Jackson, Schwartz, Kubiak etc had been hired as head coach and almost everything on the defensive side of the ball had remained intact, I'd be pretty confident about finally making the post season in '15. The offense regressed from '14-'15, so essentially the difference between 6-10 and 9-7 was improved play of the special teams and defense...that basically accounted for the extra three wins, maybe even more. Reverting to a Ryan/Pettine style defense with this roster is probably going to induce a little bit of a slide back on that side of the ball, hopefully some improvement on offense can counter that, but I'm not too confident the difference will be more than negligible. I'm expecting another six to nine win season in '15, anything more than that is going to have to wait until improvements are made on both sides of the ball now.