PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Bills Starting Quarterback For 2015

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Nothing else really matters. Rex Ryan is the Bills new head coach, awesome.

Now let's decide who's going to play the most important position in all of sports.

The goal is to have the best quarterback possible to lead the Bills to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl Championship within the next year or 3 and hopefully more.

I want absolutely nothing to do with the crop of free agent quarterbacks available.

Look at the list, it's horrible. They all have experience, at sucking.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015QB.php

I'd rather have a rookie quarterback and Jeff Tuel competing against EJ Manuel for the starting job.

Kaepernick is not an option, Greg Roman has already made that clear.

According to the Chicago media, Jay Cutler's future in Chicago is very uncertain.

After reading the articles, I've come off the crack pipe and admit that giving up a 1st rounder for Jay Cutler would be desperately dumb.

If the Bears really want to get rid of Cutler, I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd rounder to get him, but do the Bills want to put their future in Jay Cutler's hands? Way too risky.

These two recent articles rip Cutler a new one. Scathing is an understatement.

Key to Bears' coaching search is a QB, but it's not Jay Cutler

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/12/7/7348609/report-jay-cutlers-future-in-chicago-uncertain-contract

Report: Jay Cutler's future in Chicago uncertain
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-bears-gary-kubiak-aaron-rodgers-20150112-column.html

So no free agent quarterbacks are worth it, Kaepernick isn't Greg Roman's cup of tea, and Jay Cutler is being ran out of Chicago to the highest bidder by all accounts.

After reading those two reports, I've come to the conclusion that the best way to move forward for the Bills is by drafting the best available quarterback on the board with their 2nd round pick and letting EJ Manuel compete with him for the starting job.

Let EJ Manuel compete against Garrett Grayson or someone else and let it play out. If it doesn't work, kiss EJ goodbye and draft a QB in the 1st round in 2016.

That's the only way the Bills can win a Super Bowl Championship within the next three years.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Why not just draft QB with every draft pick we have in the next 3 years? We are bound to get one of them right.

elltrain22
01-14-2015, 06:53 PM
My wish list is as follows:

1. RG3- still think he's got upside, and his problems, can be fixed with the right coaching.
2. Cutler- Yeah he's a d-bag, but he's a tremendous talent, that probably wouldn't cost us too much compensation.
3. Mike Glennon- cheap option, has the arm to play in Buffalo, still very young, and has a lot of upside
4. Matt Moore/Mark Sanchez- either guy would be decent. Decent would be good enough to get us enough in the playoffs.

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Why not just draft QB with every draft pick we have in the next 3 years? We are bound to get one of them right.

Washington drafted Kirk Cousins and RG3 in the same year. Why not draft 2 quarterbacks?

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 07:02 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Broncos and Saints handle Manning and Brees in the offseason.

Manning and Brees both have base salaries of about $19 million.

feldspar
01-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Garrett Grayson

I was sort of thinking about him too, but I doubt he'll come in and start this year. Could even be a longshot down the road.

The Bills absolutely need to draft a QB, but not necessarily in the second round. AND they need to bring in a veteran, whether it be in free agency or trade. Both these guys have to be REAL starting prospects to compete to start, too...at least one of them right away in 2015

I'm not going to pretend to know that the answer should be. I really don't know. We all know QB is the biggest thing issue going on here. Gigantic. Not so easy to bring the right guy in, if he's even out there to be had.

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 07:16 PM
I was sort of thinking about him too, but I doubt he'll come in and start this year. Could even be a longshot down the road.

The Bills absolutely need to draft a QB, but not necessarily in the second round. AND they need to bring in a veteran, whether it be in free agency or trade. Both these guys have to be REAL starting prospects to compete to start, too...at least one of them right away in 2015

I'm not going to pretend to know that the answer should be. I really don't know. We all know QB is the biggest thing issue going on here. Gigantic. Not so easy to bring the right guy in, if he's even out there to be had.

There's no good FA QB to be had this offseason that will move the Bills closer to the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl Championship.

"AND they need to bring in a veteran."

No they don't, EJ Manuel is the veteran in year 3 of his career. Sink or swim time for EJ, and if he can't swim then put in the rookie to see what he's got.

Trial by error.

It's the only way to eventually win.

Uncle Jesse
01-14-2015, 07:19 PM
The QB crop coming out drops way off after the top tier that'll go round 1. Honestly, it'd be a waste after that. These guys are hot garbage.

YardRat
01-14-2015, 07:21 PM
I would bet Blaine Gabbert or Josh Johnson will be in for a look. Unless I hear Rex come right and say he has no interest in Sanchez, he can't be discounted either.

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 07:28 PM
This is interesting.

The article fails to mention that Peyton Manning was playing with a torn right quadriceps for the past month.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/01/11/peyton-manning-future-denver/21612235/

Torn right quad:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

Peyton Manning non-committal on Broncos future after loss to Colts

The Jokeman
01-14-2015, 07:32 PM
1. EJ Manuel until we sign anyone it's his job to lose

*Trade option X. The only real guy I'd trade for is Sam Bradford or Nick Foles but doubt either one available.

*UFA option 1. Marc Sanchez he's the best UFA out there and we know his ties to Rex Ryan but if Ryan really liked him you'd think he'd push harder to keep him with the Jets.

*UFA option 2. Colt McCoy. He played under Roman with the 49ers and to me is an okay backup/spot starter.

*UFA option 3. QB X. Maybe there's someone else out there we pursue but me I'd rather give a guy a chance that our coaches know than we don't know. Jack Locker could be a guy to think since he is similar to Kaep except he gets hurt a lot but has questionable accuracy. I've mentioned Christian Ponder before as think he isn't as bad as some and think he's the best investment in terms of risk reward UFAs QBs out there.

*UFA option 4. Blaine Gabbert. He played under Roman last year and Roman liked what he saw in camp according to http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Greg-Roman-Praises-Blaine-Gabbert-in-Micd-Up/a52c1290-3835-4c2e-a447-e760731efaf5
To me he is low risk high reward option. As yes he was a bust in Jacksonville but he was still a former 1st Round pick but look closer he got hurt a lot there. Maybe he just needs to find away to get healthy.

*UFA option 5. Mike Vick. I don't like him but he does has Rex ties as might be the 2nd best rushing QB behind Kaep in the entire NFL.

*UFA option 6. Joshua Johnson. He played under Roman last year and had a better preseason than Gabbert yet Blain ended up number 2 on the depth chart because Johnson played against 3s whereas Gabbert played against 2s.

*Rookie option 1. Kevin Hogan. He might not declare but he was recruited by Harbaugh while he and Roman were at Stanford. He won't cost us a 1st round pick he might even last to Round 5 so another low risk high reward option. Maybe not a starter in 2015 but a developmental guy.

*Rookie option 2. X Take a chance on someone that fits what Roman wants in a QB. Again maybe not for 2015 but to develop incase EJ and/or veteran QB X falters. I brought up Chuck Keeton before and think he could fit into a pistol type offense but perhaps Roman will build his offense based on the QB and read too much into his offense with a running threat QB like he has in San Fran.

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 07:36 PM
If the Broncos part ways with Peyton Manning, I think the Pegula's will sign him.

Can you imagine Peyton Manning playing for the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East against the Patriots?

Peyton is 38 years old, but he still put up some gaudy numbers in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/careerstats

The Jokeman
01-14-2015, 07:40 PM
If the Broncos part ways with Peyton Manning, I think the Pegula's will sign him.

Can you imagine Peyton Manning playing for the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East against the Patriots?

Peyton is 38 years old, but he still put up some gaudy numbers in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/careerstats

I think John Elway keeps Peyton unless Manning himself he says he wants out. What I predict is Peyton will redo his deal like Brady did to free up cap space for the Broncos to re-sign D Thomas and/or J Thomas and maybe both. That way Manning can end his career next year aiming to break Favre's records that are left and give them one more shot at the title. He fails and then walks away into the sunset leaving their new HC to pick his own QB to man the team in 2016.

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 07:44 PM
The 38-year-old Manning braced himself on the podium Sunday night, tightened his lips into a grimace, and let the question hang in the air for a moment. Even though he recently said he wanted to come back for another season, he couldn't definitively say he still feels that way, not in the lingering aftermath of a 24-13 loss to his old team, the Indianapolis Colts, in a divisional playoff game.
Is he definitely coming back for an 18th season?
"I guess I just can't give that simple answer," he said, unmistakable dejection in his voice. "I'm processing it. I can't say that. I could not say that."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-afc-broncos-colts-20150112-story.html

Peyton Manning's, Broncos' future unclear after 24-13 loss to Colts

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 07:49 PM
Peyton Manning has a lot of game left in him.

I hope the Broncos let him walk so he can win another Super Bowl or two, this time with the Bills.

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 07:51 PM
1. EJ Manuel until we sign anyone it's his job to lose

*Trade option X. The only real guy I'd trade for is Sam Bradford or Nick Foles but doubt either one available.

*UFA option 1. Marc Sanchez he's the best UFA out there and we know his ties to Rex Ryan but if Ryan really liked him you'd think he'd push harder to keep him with the Jets.

*UFA option 2. Colt McCoy. He played under Roman with the 49ers and to me is an okay backup/spot starter.

*UFA option 3. QB X. Maybe there's someone else out there we pursue but me I'd rather give a guy a chance that our coaches know than we don't know. Jack Locker could be a guy to think since he is similar to Kaep except he gets hurt a lot but has questionable accuracy. I've mentioned Christian Ponder before as think he isn't as bad as some and think he's the best investment in terms of risk reward UFAs QBs out there.

*UFA option 4. Blaine Gabbert. He played under Roman last year and Roman liked what he saw in camp according to http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Greg-Roman-Praises-Blaine-Gabbert-in-Micd-Up/a52c1290-3835-4c2e-a447-e760731efaf5
To me he is low risk high reward option. As yes he was a bust in Jacksonville but he was still a former 1st Round pick but look closer he got hurt a lot there. Maybe he just needs to find away to get healthy.

*UFA option 5. Mike Vick. I don't like him but he does has Rex ties as might be the 2nd best rushing QB behind Kaep in the entire NFL.

*UFA option 6. Joshua Johnson. He played under Roman last year and had a better preseason than Gabbert yet Blain ended up number 2 on the depth chart because Johnson played against 3s whereas Gabbert played against 2s.

*Rookie option 1. Kevin Hogan. He might not declare but he was recruited by Harbaugh while he and Roman were at Stanford. He won't cost us a 1st round pick he might even last to Round 5 so another low risk high reward option. Maybe not a starter in 2015 but a developmental guy.

*Rookie option 2. X Take a chance on someone that fits what Roman wants in a QB. Again maybe not for 2015 but to develop incase EJ and/or veteran QB X falters. I brought up Chuck Keeton before and think he could fit into a pistol type offense but perhaps Roman will build his offense based on the QB and read too much into his offense with a running threat QB like he has in San Fran.

That was like reading the sound of a cow farting.

Splat all over the place.

feldspar
01-14-2015, 07:52 PM
There's no good FA QB to be had this offseason that will move the Bills closer to the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl Championship.

"AND they need to bring in a veteran."

No they don't, EJ Manuel is the veteran in year 3 of his career. Sink or swim time for EJ, and if he can't swim then put in the rookie to see what he's got.

Trial by error.

It's the only way to eventually win.

I disagree.

They need to bring a veteran in to compete, either by trade or free agency. This if for no other reason than in the event that EJ gets hurt, if you want to commit to going with him as the starter. Going with him as the undisputed starter is too dangerous for my liking. Why, because he was picked in the first round? Lot's of things could happen. I didn't think there was any possibility of the Bills getting Orton last year and having him play 12 full games, did you? There are other avenues, including trade. I really don't see the Bills being able to draft a viable option for this year that could even hold the fort, do you? Could happen, but I don't see it.

The Jokeman
01-14-2015, 07:54 PM
That was like reading the sound of a cow farting.

Splat all over the place.

Hey I didn't have anything prepared like most of my posts they are in the moment and rarely proof read.

HAMMER
01-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Get off the crack people, Manning is not going to start anew in Buffalo, not happening.

It's Manuel and whatever other scrub they can scrape off the bottom of the barrel. I also think Glennon is worth a look.

tonyc37
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Gabbert,Johnson,and Locker are no more franchise QB's than EJ is.Moore is better than all fmthem.So I would bring in Moore a bridge QB and draft Sean Mannion in the 3rd.Let Moore start and develop Mannion as he played in an offense at Oregon State thats very similar to what Rex will have the Bills run.It will be heavy run with a lot of play action passing.Thats what Moore and Mannion are suited for.

feldspar
01-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Gabbert,Johnson,and Locker are no more franchise QB's than EJ is.Moore is better than all fmthem.So I would bring in Moore a bridge QB and draft Sean Mannion in the 3rd.Let Moore start and develop Mannion as he played in an offense at Oregon State thats very similar to what Rex will have the Bills run.It will be heavy run with a lot of play action passing.Thats what Moore and Mannion are suited for.

A Matt Moore option is probably where we are at right now, unfortunately, at least on the surface. A Sanchez circus would probably be more than I could handle.

What intrigues be most is trade possibilities, I suppose.

You never know what may happen. I just think something needs to happen...and something pretty sizable.

BillsImpossible
01-14-2015, 08:21 PM
A Matt Moore option is probably where we are at right now, unfortunately, at least on the surface. A Sanchez circus would probably be more than I could handle.

What intrigues be most is trade possibilities, I suppose.

You never know what may happen. I just think something needs to happen...and something pretty sizable.

Between Cutler, Manning and Brees, I think at least one of them will become available.

notacon
01-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Now let's decide who's going to play the most important position in all of sports.

What makes you think that "we" are going to "decide" who is going to be the Bills QB?

Mace
01-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Let's Talk Bills Starting Quarterback For 2015

You're harshing my buzz. No.

Strongman
01-14-2015, 10:36 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd bring Gabbert in for a look. It couldn't hurt to kick the tires. I think his development was hampered in Jacksonville by not having any real offensive weapons to throw to. I also think he had bad luck with some injuries, but played through them.

feldspar
01-14-2015, 10:41 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd bring Gabbert in for a look. It couldn't hurt to kick the tires. I think his development was hampered in Jacksonville by not having any real offensive weapons to throw to. I also think he had bad luck with some injuries, but played through them.

I can't believe you are saying that either.

Oaf
01-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Kirk Cousins and Brian Hoyer are both better than EJ and are options Rex can win with.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-14-2015, 11:38 PM
I would bet Blaine Gabbert or Josh Johnson will be in for a look.

http://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

Under no circumstances should we consider Blaine Gabbert. If he wasn't a former first round pick he'd be out of the league already. I would be more comfortable going into the season with only Tuel and Manuel.

I would be interested in Griffin if he were available, but I don't think he will be. As far as the trade market goes I think Glennon makes the most sense if Tampa chooses to move on from him. He was a 4th rounder to begin with so I don't think he'd cost much at all.

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 12:20 AM
Here's my list:

1. Anyone but EJ Manuel

Night Train
01-15-2015, 01:36 AM
Why should we talk now ?

We'll have 2 more before camp and we have no idea who they will be.

swiper
01-15-2015, 03:40 AM
I would rather see Matt Schaub than Glennon or anyone else that is remotely possible. But that certainly wouldn't be a long term fix.

YardRat
01-15-2015, 04:51 AM

Under no circumstances should we consider Blaine Gabbert. If he wasn't a former first round pick he'd be out of the league already. I would be more comfortable going into the season with only Tuel and Manuel.

I would be interested in Griffin if he were available, but I don't think he will be. As far as the trade market goes I think Glennon makes the most sense if Tampa chooses to move on from him. He was a 4th rounder to begin with so I don't think he'd cost much at all.

Roman will probably be more comfortable bringing in a guy for a look that he's already worked with, that doesn't mean that guy will automatically make the roster or I personally am in favor of it.

Mike
01-15-2015, 05:47 AM
Matt More should be the guy. I think, at his best, he is an upgrade over Orton.

DraftBoy
01-15-2015, 05:56 AM
I would bet Blaine Gabbert or Josh Johnson will be in for a look. Unless I hear Rex come right and say he has no interest in Sanchez, he can't be discounted either.

You can all but bet those two along with Sanchez will be the three vets we look at QB wise.

DraftBoy
01-15-2015, 05:59 AM

Roman has talked highly about Gabbert since he came over to San Francisco.

Saratoga Slim
01-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Kirk Cousins and Brian Hoyer are both better than EJ and are options Rex can win with.

I was going to say Hoyer as well.

Rex was just on Mike & Mike, and seemed to say that he got away from his identity on offense over the last several years in NY by trying to be 'balanced' with the run/pass. The Mikes were in agreement that Rex is going to really focus on the smashmouth run game this time around, and thus he's probably looking for a QB that can throw 20 times a game and not turn the ball over. Thus some of these retreads might be OK options in the short term. We're not going to win a ring with them, but might be good enough to get us into the playoffs. Heck, Orton almost did. Even an incremental improvement from his play might have been enough.

Bill Cody
01-15-2015, 08:16 AM
Colt McCoy played pretty well in a few games this year for Washington. I'd rather give him a look than Sanchez. Moore might be worth a look. And you still draft a QB.

chris66
01-15-2015, 08:37 AM
This is interesting.

The article fails to mention that Peyton Manning was playing with a torn right quadriceps for the past month.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/01/11/peyton-manning-future-denver/21612235/

Torn right quad:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

Peyton Manning non-committal on Broncos future after loss to Colts

Its a strain. If it was torn he wouldn't be able to walk.
A strain is a minor tear.

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Gabbert is intriguing. He got a pretty crappy deal in Jacksonville, but he didn't show a whole lot either. I'd be interested to see what kind of QB he can be.

Strongman
01-15-2015, 09:32 AM
Gabbert is intriguing. He got a pretty crappy deal in Jacksonville, but he didn't show a whole lot either. I'd be interested to see what kind of QB he can be.

It's pretty safe to say that any QB would have struggled in Jacksonville. Gabbert's showed some growth with the 49ers, so I don't think he's as hopeless as many people think. His style of play seems similar to EJ's, so Roman wouldn't have to change much if EJs injured and Gabbert steps in.

Realistically, the currently available FA QBs are a trash heap and are destined, at best, to be backups. Unless someone like Manning or Brees suddenly become available, there really isn't a long term starter in the bunch. I really won't be surprised if Gabbert ends up in a Bill's uniform

IlluminatusUIUC
01-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Roman will probably be more comfortable bringing in a guy for a look that he's already worked with, that doesn't mean that guy will automatically make the roster or I personally am in favor of it.

Roman has talked highly about Gabbert since he came over to San Francisco.

I wouldn't expect Roman to throw one of his players under the bus, but Gabbert has been spectacularly bad. I'll say it again: If he wasn't a first rounder, he'd be out of the league by now.

If we want to bring in a guy who Roman has worked with, by all means take a run at Scott Tolzien on the Packers.

Ed
01-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Unless we make a significant trade for a guy like Cutler, Kapaernick, or RGIII, I'm in favor of just giving this next season to EJ and seeing how he's improved and what progress we can make. Obviously we still need to bring in another guy or two for competition, but I have no interest in rolling the dice with someone elses garbage just because they're not named EJ.

Buckets
01-15-2015, 12:18 PM

Really????? Haven't done so good with the last 3.

jamze132
01-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Matt Moore

feldspar
01-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Really????? Haven't done so good with the last 3.

Exactly, but that's why you have to keep trying...not just every three years or whatever.

Considering how important the QB position in this league and how half the teams won't do well because they don't have one, I figure the business model should change a bit in an era where the rules are incredibly geared towards a successful passing attack.

Maybe bring a QB in the draft every year in some capacity until you land your guy definitively. I think a lot of these drafted (or undrafted) guys have a much better chance if they can sit and learn without the pressure to start right away when they aren't ready, as well. So you'd have a guy learning from the sidelines in lots of ways while your current project is trying to make his mark. You got a guy on deck that is better prepared this way. A guy pans out, and then you have trade-bait with the others, if not a backup.

Just a thought, and one that I like.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Any one ever run across this article which provides a visual representation of NFL QB's? Scroll all the way to the bottom to see EJ... Color me surprised.

http://nflphilosophy.com/a-visual-representation-of-nfl-quarterbacks/

swiper
01-27-2015, 03:49 AM
I was a Matt Moore fan. But I think Tolzien has been in the league long enough that he has a better shot to come in and produce. He has shown some signs in limited action. I liked him coming out of college. I don't know how you get to him, but I like the sound of bringing him in.

harmonkoz
01-27-2015, 05:38 AM
I was a Matt Moore fan. But I think Tolzien has been in the league long enough that he has a better shot to come in and produce. He has shown some signs in limited action. I liked him coming out of college. I don't know how you get to him, but I like the sound of bringing him in.

I have a question swiper, do you actually read threads or do you just read the title and post some b.s. we have already heard? The reason I ask, I resurrected this thread from page 5 to post the article i found in a relevant topic. The thread was dead.

Regardless, I would take Orton and a bottle of Jack over either one of those losers.

Yasgur's Farm
01-27-2015, 05:39 AM
Any one ever run across this article which provides a visual representation of NFL QB's? Scroll all the way to the bottom to see EJ... Color me surprised.

http://nflphilosophy.com/a-visual-representation-of-nfl-quarterbacks/That is a very good representation... If nothing else, it shows why we shouldn't give up on the kid.

The Jokeman
01-27-2015, 05:39 AM

Tolzien did work with Roman in San Francisco briefly but I can't say he fits the mold of the other QBs he's worked with. I'll say this, it's an interesting name but not one I'd be sold on.

X-Era
01-27-2015, 05:40 AM
My wish list is as follows:

1. RG3- still think he's got upside, and his problems, can be fixed with the right coaching.
2. Cutler- Yeah he's a d-bag, but he's a tremendous talent, that probably wouldn't cost us too much compensation.
3. Mike Glennon- cheap option, has the arm to play in Buffalo, still very young, and has a lot of upside
4. Matt Moore/Mark Sanchez- either guy would be decent. Decent would be good enough to get us enough in the playoffs.
Id go RG3

IlluminatusUIUC
01-27-2015, 11:14 AM
Id go RG3

I'd go Glennon over Griffin, as the former would be so much cheaper to acquire. I can't imagine Griffin moving for cheap after the king's ransom they paid to get him. I think he's the better prospect though.

jamze132
01-27-2015, 11:58 AM

That's interesting. EJ isn't as dumb as I first ****ing suspected.

WagonCircler
01-27-2015, 12:57 PM
That is a very good representation... If nothing else, it shows why we shouldn't give up on the kid.

No. Actually, it's a good representation of the fact that you can have all the measurable, but still suck.

better days
01-27-2015, 02:58 PM

As a Bucs fan, I can say Josh Johnson is TERRIBLE.

I would rather turn the reigns over to Jeff Tuel than Johnson.

People think EJ has accuracy issues?

Well, EJ looks like Bart Starr compared to Josh Johnson.

Night Train
01-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Tyler Bray was interesting, coming out of Tennessee 2 years back. KC has him as their #3 and he was only active for the final game this past year. He's huge, has OK mobility and a big arm. Very accurate downfield. Something to work with and he'd be decent competition for Manuel.

I'd like this thinking better than some well known washout with zero upside. I mentioned Glennon earlier but I always liked this guy a bit better.

I see slim pickings and the younger guys without much wear and a possible upside make more sense...especially if the running game is emphasized, as expected. The key moves this spring will be improving the OL and having a good core of RB's for 2015.

The big QB pick will come in the 2016 draft.

Mr. Pink
01-29-2015, 12:20 PM

This is a pretty accurate representation that GMs become enamored on the measurables even more so than actual on field performance.