PDA

View Full Version : 49ers plan to part ways with all assistant coaches except RBs coach Tom Rathman

BLeonard
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/555546875869532161

Guess that means Mike Solari is available now...

-Bill

Mace
01-14-2015, 08:17 PM
Oh grab Solari and grab him now.

BLeonard
01-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Interesting side note: Vic Fangio, who was the DC in SF, worked with Rex Ryan in Baltimore...

-Bill

Mace
01-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Interesting side note: Vic Fangio, who was the DC in SF, worked with Rex Ryan in Baltimore...

-Bill

I'd jump up and down for that but he'll end up DC easily at a vacant, Chicago or Denver.

BLeonard
01-14-2015, 08:55 PM
I'd jump up and down for that but he'll end up DC easily at a vacant, Chicago or Denver.

Here's the thing: The Bills could potentially offer Fangio an Asst HC/Special Consultant to Defense title (or something similar) that would, in name be higher than a DC and in responsibilities, be less than a DC role.

For the first time in Bills history, IMO, we're starting to see that the owners will pay for top notch coaching. I'm rather confident in saying that, had the previous owner been in charge, Ryan and Roman would have very likely been pipe dreams... At the very best, the Bills might have gotten one of them, but certainly not both.

Sure, Fangio might prefer a DC role... Depending on who all is hired for the vacant Head Coaching positions... But, he could see the Bills as a more favorable destination, if it's a better fit.

In the past 4 months, Bills ownership has gone from using terms like "small market," "Bills Toronto Series" and "Cash to the Cap" to one of the richest owners in the entire league (Certainly top 10, probably top 5, without looking). One of the things holding the team back for decades is now a strength. While every team gets the same to spend on players, there is no cap for staff. The new ownership can certainly use that to their advantage and based on recent events, it certainly seems as if they are willing.

-Bill

Mace
01-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Here's the thing: The Bills could potentially offer Fangio an Asst HC/Special Consultant to Defense title (or something similar) that would, in name be higher than a DC and in responsibilities, be less than a DC role.

For the first time in Bills history, IMO, we're starting to see that the owners will pay for top notch coaching. I'm rather confident in saying that, had the previous owner been in charge, Ryan and Roman would have very likely been pipe dreams... At the very best, the Bills might have gotten one of them, but certainly not both.

Sure, Fangio might prefer a DC role... Depending on who all is hired for the vacant Head Coaching positions... But, he could see the Bills as a more favorable destination, if it's a better fit.

-Bill

I'd be really happy with it, just see it as unlikely. At 56, Fangio is not likely to jump down in a coaching tree, he's tricking the edge of HC desirability. Ryan is married to Dennis atm. Fangio is probably primo choice to Seattle if they lose Quinn.

It's not impossible and I'd love it, I just think it unlikely, he's not been a part of Rexteam for a while now.