PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rex fans guaranteeing at least a 10 win season next year?

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:10 AM
We were 9 - 7 this year with Marrone, Hackett, Schwart2, Kyle Orton and EJ.

Now, apparently, we have up grades at HC, OC, and since Rex was disappointed with our 4th ranked defense and brought in his boy Thurman from the Jets, DC is a guarateed upgrade there too.

EJ is stiil here with a year`s more experience, and the loss of Orton, a guy who lost his job to Tim Tebow, should result in another upgrade at QB.

So, it seems to me that the guys buying the snake oil have NO EXCUSES if the team doesn`t improve their record by at LEAST one win, if not more.

9 wins or less won`t be good enough.

Or will they?

If we finish out of the playoffs again next year, will people complain that Rex needs at least 3 years to "change the culture"?

ublinkwescore
01-15-2015, 09:15 AM
we would have possibly been 10-6 if the refs didn't screw us hard core against denver. IJS...

- - - Updated - - -

if orton starts against the texans, 11-5.

trapezeus
01-15-2015, 09:18 AM
the bills could have easily been 6-10 or 12-4 given how close most of hte games were. the bills offenes did not win a single game. the wins we had had D tds or turnovers that gave us multiple short fields where we kicked field goals. we had ST blocked punts or kickoff returns that scored td's. The offense had 2 games where they scored 2 tds or more.

So yeah, i think greg roman makes one tiny step forward, we could get 10 wins. however, one game where the D doesn't show or injuries take their toll, it's easy to end up with a losing record.

Let's see how they draft and scout the FA market. and we'll decide how realistic it is to get to 10 wins.

jimmifli
01-15-2015, 09:19 AM
I think we upgrade our HC and OC, but I think we downgraded at DC. How that washes out I'm not sure.

IMO opinion anything short of a division win is a disappointment. Missing the playoffs is unacceptable. Rex has a short leash and no time for rebuilds.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:22 AM
I want to see the guys jumping on the bandwagon go on record.

If everything is such a ****ing upgrade, it should be no problem.

I'm not gonna do it because I'm not a Rex fan, but I'd hope all the guys busily blowing smoke up everyone's asses about the new regime would be happy to...

better days
01-15-2015, 09:23 AM
No guarantees, but I expect 10 wins at least.

I expect to see much better play from the OL & QB.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:24 AM
we would have possibly been 10-6 if the refs didn't screw us hard core against denver. IJS...

- - - Updated - - -

if orton starts against the texans, 11-5.

No guarantee here...

- - - Updated - - -

No guarantees, but I expect 10 wins at least.

I expect to see much better play from the OL & QB.

No guarantee here.

BuffaloRedleg
01-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Some people sure know how to suck the fun out of things.

It must be quite exhausting in life to seek this sort of drama at every opportunity.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:25 AM
the bills could have easily been 6-10 or 12-4 given how close most of hte games were. the bills offenes did not win a single game. the wins we had had D tds or turnovers that gave us multiple short fields where we kicked field goals. we had ST blocked punts or kickoff returns that scored td's. The offense had 2 games where they scored 2 tds or more.

So yeah, i think greg roman makes one tiny step forward, we could get 10 wins. however, one game where the D doesn't show or injuries take their toll, it's easy to end up with a losing record.

Let's see how they draft and scout the FA market. and we'll decide how realistic it is to get to 10 wins.

No guarantee here either...

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:27 AM

It must be quite exhausting in life to seek this sort of drama at every opportunity.

BuffaloRedleg
01-15-2015, 09:28 AM
Why would anyone guarantee anything? I like the Rex hire over everyone else out there, but in no way would I guarantee 10-6. That doesn't mean I can't like the hire.

There are an incredible amount of factors that go into whether or not you get to 10-6, your coach just being one of them. If any number of them go the other way you could be at 7-9.

We all know what you are trying to do and it is pathetic and betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of football that makes you look like a fool.

Good try though.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:29 AM
I think we upgrade our HC and OC, but I think we downgraded at DC. How that washes out I'm not sure.

IMO opinion anything short of a division win is a disappointment. Missing the playoffs is unacceptable. Rex has a short leash and no time for rebuilds.

Thank you.

There is absolutely NO REASON for this team to take a step backwards.

No logical reason anyway...

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Why would anyone guarantee anything? I like the Rex hire over everyone else out there, but in no way would I guarantee 10-6. That doesn't mean I can't like the hire.

There are an incredible amount of factors that go into whether or not you get to 10-6, your coach just being one of them. If any number of them go the other way you could be at 7-9.

We all know what you are trying to do and it is pathetic and betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of football that makes you look like a fool.

Good try though.

Getting your excuses in order, huh?

casdhf
01-15-2015, 09:33 AM
How can we guarantee anything? It's not like I'm the guy playing QB or catching the passes.

******ed.

sukie
01-15-2015, 09:37 AM
The only thing I guarantee is the coach roaming the sidelines won't look like he's passing a kidney stone or has hot wing burny a$$. The press conferences will be entertaining and that is about it until a couple of drafts from now.

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm guaranteeing 25 wins next season.*

*9 wins, adjusted for hyperbole. One per customer. See store for details. Film at eleven.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:41 AM
The only thing I guarantee is the coach roaming the sidelines won't look like he's passing a kidney stone or has hot wing burny a$$. The press conferences will be entertaining and that is about it until a couple of drafts from now.

Uh, the guys that just hired Rex hired Marrone and Hackett first.

Joe Fo Sho
01-15-2015, 09:44 AM

Now, apparently, we have up grades at HC, OC, and since Rex was disappointed with our 4th ranked defense and brought in his boy Thurman from the Jets, DC is a guarateed upgrade there too.

EJ is stiil here with a year`s more experience, and the loss of Orton, a guy who lost his job to Tim Tebow, should result in another upgrade at QB.

So, it seems to me that the guys buying the snake oil have NO EXCUSES if the team doesn`t improve their record by at LEAST one win, if not more.

Or will they?

If we finish out of the playoffs again next year, will people complain that Rex needs at least 3 years to "change the culture"?

Are you not getting enough attention at home? Is that what you really want to talk about? Pull up a chair, big guy. Let's talk about it.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm guaranteeing 25 wins next season.*

*9 wins, adjusted for hyperbole. One per customer. See store for details. Film at eleven.

Chicken.

Does this mean Whaley and Russ are back in your good books again?

BTW, I heard Whaley talk for the first time on the radio this morning.

For 10 minutes, EVERYTHING that came out of the guy's mouth was a cliche. I was astonished.

All of a sudden, Marrone, Hackett, Sammy, Rex - it all made sense.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Are you not getting enough attention at home? Is that what you really want to talk about? Pull up a chair, big guy. Let's talk about it.

I'd rather talk about your wife's ass, but in the meantime this will do...

djjimkelly
01-15-2015, 09:51 AM
the divisions we play next season if i remember are alot harder next season then who we played this year very hard to look at the schedule based on the teams

id take the 2015 bills to beat the 2014 based on coaching and im drinking the kool aid we will be better on both sides of the ball does that translate 10 wins very hard to say other teams improve also and i believe we play the nfc east a little tougher to play then the north

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-15/2015-buffalo-bills-football-schedule.php

but the afc south is alot softer then the afc west

we'll see how this schedule gets laid out so id say yes they have a chance at 10 wins but i wouldnt be willing to bet it just yet

Joe Fo Sho
01-15-2015, 09:52 AM
I'd rather talk about your wife's ass, but in the meantime this will do...

I don't understand what you're trying to get out of this thread? The satisfaction of being able to say 'I told you so' when/if we don't get 10 wins? That's a ***** thing to do.

BuffaloRedleg
01-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Funny to see this exploding in his face. Grown man baiting people on an internet forum.

Nobody take the bait, this is hilarious.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2015, 09:53 AM
This thread is way too early. I'd like to see what players are staying and who's leaving and what the mind set of the Pegulas are. I'm assuming they are keeping talent and adding to it. If so than we'll make the playoffs next year...no doubt. Just want to make sure we aren't trading the Roster for Winston.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Funny to see this exploding in his face. Grown man baiting people on an internet forum.

Nobody take the bait, this is hilarious.

That's the point. No one will take the bait.

I can understand that. If I was running around with a big chubby for Rex Ryan, O wouldn't want to have to think about the morning after either.

That's what salesmen do.

They whip up your enthusiasm for their product, and when you finally find out what the product actually is, they're long gone with your money in their pocket.

BuffaloRedleg
01-15-2015, 10:13 AM
That's the point. No one will take the bait.

I can understand that. If I was running around with a big chubby for Rex Ryan, O wouldn't want to have to think about the morning after either.

That's what salesmen do.

They whip up your enthusiasm for their product, and when you finally find out what the product actually is, they're long gone with your money in their pocket.

Or could it be that we are waiting to see how he does things in the offseason before making a snap judgement? Like reasonable adults?

You wouldn't know anything about that, so I can understand why you are struggling to keep your panties clean over this hiring.

trapezeus
01-15-2015, 10:21 AM

who the F provides a guarantee? injuries scheduling and now incompetent refs put a few gigantic wildcards into the equation.

yeah, if this roster is as health as it was this year and we aren't jobbed out of a few games like other teams, this is a 10 win roster. but since normal people have a +/- based on things out of people's control, it's not as easy to say "10 wins or nothing"

you knock rex for guarnateeing things, and you want others to do the same thing? odd fellow you are.

kelly2reed4six
01-15-2015, 10:22 AM
I'll take the guarantee....but let's make it a bet. Whoever is wrong gets banned from this forum. Its a win-win for me. If they get 10 wins I stay and celebrate with my non douchey fellow Bills fans. If they don't get 10 wins I don't have to read stupid a** posts like this one anymore!

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Or could it be that we are waiting to see how he does things in the offseason before making a snap judgement? Like reasonable adults?

You wouldn't know anything about that, so I can understand why you are struggling to keep your panties clean over this hiring.

Or could it be that I've watched Rex Ryan work for the last 6 years?

I remember when ALL the Bills fans would laugh and laugh and laugh at Rex Ryan and the Jets...

Ah, the good old days.

Now, if we aren't on the Rex bandwagon, we're bu22kills and bad fans.

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 10:25 AM
For 10 minutes, EVERYTHING that came out of the guy's mouth was a cliche. I was astonished..

Can hardly blame the guy. Spending all that time in Toronto will scramble your brain.

feldspar
01-15-2015, 10:25 AM
I want to see the guys jumping on the bandwagon go on record.

Don't ask people to do things that you aren't willing to do yourself.

So go ahead...

How many games do you guarantee the Bills will win AT MOST next year?

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 10:26 AM
I'll take the guarantee....but let's make it a bet. Whoever is wrong gets banned from this forum. Its a win-win for me. If they get 10 wins I stay and celebrate with my non douchey fellow Bills fans. If they don't get 10 wins I don't have to read stupid a** posts like this one anymore!

And by "banned from this forum" you mean "will have to change their username".

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Don't ask people to do things that you aren't willing to do yourself.

So go ahead...

How many games do you guarantee the Bills will win AT MOST next year?

Why? I'm not the guy claiming this is an upgrade. That would be YOU guys.

Rex may be fantastic and he may totally suck, because I don't know that he's an upgrade.

You're the guys that are excited about him.

Tell us how that translates into wins.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:40 AM

Why not just make the guarantee?

Why do you need to negotiate?

If Rex is an upgrade, why not show us that you actually BELIEVE it?

feldspar
01-15-2015, 10:45 AM

Rex may be fantastic and he may totally suck, because I don't know that he's an upgrade.

Seems to me that you are the guy claiming that Rex is "a snake oil salesman." Did you not say that several times?

Seems to me that you don't like the hire at all. Is that true or not? It wouldn't make sense for you to be trolling this board like you are if you were on the fence about the hire at best.

Let's be clear. What EXACTLY do you think about the Rex Ryan hire? How does that translate into wins and losses?

trapezeus
01-15-2015, 10:46 AM
FA has to occur,
the draft has to occur
everyone has to survive mini camp and training camp.
the presason has to give you an indication of how much work there is to be done.

there are a lot of football things that go into it.

then the actual match ups matter.

bottom line is that it involves thinking and seeing the potential pitfalls through. being an actual fan of the game other than a troll.

i think we usually have this email in mid August where you are determining what has happened throughout the league and have the best guess of how other teams are looking as well.

Bill Cody
01-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Thank you.

There is absolutely NO REASON for this team to take a step backwards.

No logical reason anyway...

No? What happens if Marrone was right and EJ can't play? What happens if one of the scrap heap QB's we sign can't play either? Or is Rex supposed to just "coach up" whoever's under center to greatness? Please explain.

feldspar
01-15-2015, 10:47 AM

I guarantee that you are right about this.

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 10:48 AM
One thing's for sure, this is a PEGULA hire. Not a Russ or Doug hire.

The positions of those two have been totally marginalized.

Russ is now in charge of the gift shop, and Whaley is a glorified scout.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:48 AM
i think we usually have this email in mid August where you are determining what has happened throughout the league and have the best guess of how other teams are looking as well.

Huh? You must be thinking of someone else.

feldspar
01-15-2015, 10:50 AM
No? What happens if Marrone was right and EJ can't play? What happens if one of the scrap heap QB's we sign can't play either? Or is Rex supposed to just "coach up" whoever's under center to greatness? Please explain.

Quarterback is the biggest thing now, and there is no question about that. It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that out. We still have no idea who is going to be the Bills quarterback next year. That's huge.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:51 AM
One thing's for sure, this is a PEGULA hire.

Who's only qualification for making the decision is his wallet...

The NFLs history is a long story of rich men who had no clue how to b uild a football organi2ation.

feldspar
01-15-2015, 11:04 AM

Chicken.

What exactly IS your claim. You have no claim? You have no opinion? If so, then why are you talking?

coastal
01-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Chicken.

What exactly IS your claim. You have no claim? You have no opinion? If so, then why are you talking?
It's the way he argues... open ended non-committal nonsense.

justasportsfan
01-15-2015, 11:07 AM
I am guaranteeing playoffs!!!!

Albany,n.y.
01-15-2015, 11:07 AM

Anyone who makes such a ridiculous statement can't be taken seriously. Would the Bills have won 9 games with EJ? I doubt it. Will they win 9 games with EJ next year, doubt that too. If you think that our current QB situation is an upgrade, then you obviously know nothing about the NFL or this team. Now if we get a different QB & he can be competent, we'll win 10 or more games. Since we don't know who the QB will be, nobody can make any guarantees. The only guarantee I can make is you don't like Rex Ryan. I'm sure Rex's answer to you would be "Join the club."

Bill Cody
01-15-2015, 11:14 AM
In my opinion the head coach in the NFL matters a lot and the range from poor to great is probably about 3 games. That's a big difference but Bill Bellichick isn't coaching the Jaguars to the playoffs this year, ok? But let's be clear if you look at the season we just had I'm not even sure Rex is one game better than Marrone. I would call our record 8-7 last year, the last game was a glorified exhibition. Would Rex have been better than 8-7 with our group? Maybe maybe not. I think Marrone got his team to play hard and the D was very well coached by Schwartz, it was better than the year before under the Pettine Ryan system. So it looks like close to a wash for me on D. On offense you probably have a bit of an upgrade with Roman but as it stands right this minute a possible downgrade at QB and I'm no Orton fan.

Hate Marrone all you want but he wouldn't even give the keys to EJ in the meaningless last game, that tells me he thinks he's useless. And the spread on bad vs great QB's IMHO is even bigger than the coaching spread, I think it's up to 6 games, possibly in a rare case even more. So tell me again how we're supposed to guarantee improvement? To me that question is a lot less about coaching than QB. And the QB question is wide wide open.

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Who's only qualification for making the decision is his wallet...

The NFLs history is a long story of rich men who had no clue how to b uild a football organi2ation.

That's "whose".

And yes, $4.5 BIL, self-made, is one hell of a qualification.

Regardless, Russ and Doug have been marginalized. This is very good news.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 11:18 AM
And yes, $4.5 BIL, self-made, is one hell of a qualification.

A fact, yes. A qualification? Hardly.

Every owner is wealthy.

Does that mean they know what it takes to win in the NFL?

History says no...

feldspar
01-15-2015, 11:33 AM
It's the way he argues... open ended non-committal nonsense.

Then he totally ignores anybody's points that would have him commit to an opinion of his own. Hard to be wrong when you don't say anything. Like you say, leaves it open-ended and projects **** onto everybody else.

On the other hand, he did say this:

If I was running around with a big chubby for Rex Ryan, O wouldn't want to have to think about the morning after either.

That's what salesmen do.

Seems like there is a poor opinion of Rex there, without a doubt. Calls him a snake-oil salesman.

Then he won't make any guarantee while asking everybody else to do so, like it's not really about him. Well, this whole stupid thread is about him and nothing else. He wants to talk out of both sides of his mouth and claim to have no stance of his own. That's just really talking out of his ass. Way to go, Shiva.

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 11:50 AM

Every owner is wealthy.

History says no...

It's also not a disqualifier.

The good news is, the new boss is not the same as the old boss.

HAMMER
01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Then he totally ignores anybody's points that would have him commit to an opinion of his own. Hard to be wrong when you don't say anything. Like you say, leaves it open-ended and projects **** onto everybody else.

Seems like there is a poor opinion of Rex there, without a doubt. Calls him a snake-oil salesman.

Then he won't make any guarantee while asking everybody else to do so, like it's not really about him. Well, this whole stupid thread is about him and nothing else. He wants to talk out of both sides of his mouth and claim to have no stance of his own. That's just really talking out of his ass. Way to go, Shiva.

Rex Ryan is the very definition of snake oil salesman, carnival barker, and used car salesman rolled into one. He guaranteed his previous team would win the super bowl, not once, but twice. Couldn't deliver that could he? Don't bother chiming in with your BS about a bad GM, no excuses.

feldspar
01-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Rex Ryan is the very definition of snake oil salesman, carnival barker, and used car salesman rolled into one. He guaranteed his previous team would win the super bowl, not once, but twice. Couldn't deliver that could he? Don't bother chiming in with your BS about a bad GM, no excuses.

Thank you for your opinion.

At least you have one.

justasportsfan
01-15-2015, 01:56 PM
I guarantee 11 wins.

Mr. Pink
01-15-2015, 02:08 PM
I like Rex, not enamored cuz there are question marks, and don't think this is a 10 win football team as it currently sits.

Don't think any of the FA QBs can do anything to change that either.

better days
01-15-2015, 02:13 PM

Or will they?

And you said you thought predictions are POINTLESS!

This is a POINTLESS thread!

sudzy
01-15-2015, 02:21 PM
No matter who the Bills hired, someone would have *****ed. I get the feeling the Bills could have hired Vince Lombardi and people still would have *****ed. He's a control freak.... he's been a away from the game too long.... he's dead... You just can't please certain people.

Cleve
01-15-2015, 02:26 PM
Rex Ryan love, and all of Ryan's enthusiastic sounding words of love for Buffalo, should be tempered by the knowledge that Ryan wanted to go to Atlanta first, San Fran second.

Buffalo was down the pecking order for Rex. Rex spins it as the best thing possible, but it wasn't what he wanted.

Novacane
01-15-2015, 02:34 PM
I'll bite. I guarantee 10 wins next year. Now what happens if I'm wrong?

Ed
01-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Rex Ryan love, and all of Ryan's enthusiastic sounding words of love for Buffalo, should be tempered by the knowledge that Ryan wanted to go to Atlanta first, San Fran second.

Buffalo was down the pecking order for Rex. Rex spins it as the best thing possible, but it wasn't what he wanted.

Ryan definitely wanted to go to Atlanta, but he had personal reasons for wanting that job like being closer to his son and their home in Tennessee. Atlanta also has a way better qb situation. It makes sense that Buffalo wouldn't be his first choice, but that doesn't mean that it was a bad choice and that he isn't still excited to be here.

With where the Bills are right now, they're not going to be anyone's top choice. But either way Rex is here and if it wasn't his first choice then that only adds to the chip on his shoulder. I think he's made it pretty clear that this isn't just some stepping stone to a different opportunity.

Buffalo wasn't Jim Kelly's first choice either, it was his last choice. He had to be dragged here kicking and screaming.

Joe Fo Sho
01-15-2015, 02:44 PM

I could not care less about that. He came here didn't he? That means he wants to be here, if not he wouldn't be. How many head coaches in the NFL do you think are working at their 1st choice?

coastal
01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
I guarantee 11 wins!

notacon
01-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Saying the Bills had "9" wins this year is dishonest. That last "win" did not really count in my book.

coastal
01-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Saying the Bills had "9" wins this year is dishonest. That last "win" did not really count in my book.
Tell that to the Steelers 3rd string

notacon
01-15-2015, 04:10 PM
Oh....I smell a long year of whining from Sparky because the Bills did not elevate his boy-toy Schwartz.

He will continually put up the unprovable....that the Bills would be better with Schwartz, and present it as fact.

It's going to be a long off season.

imbondz
01-15-2015, 04:45 PM
I'll bite. I guarantee 10 wins next year. Now what happens if I'm wrong?

We'll all call you an idiot Nova. Nothing to worry about

Generalissimus Gibby
01-15-2015, 04:50 PM

Or will they?

No, but anything less than 9-7 (provided that includes a wildcard) is unacceptable. Also we have to beat New England in a meaningful game and we cannot have abortions like we did against Oakland. I could forgive the Chiefs loss because we gave them 60 minutes, except for McFumbles. I could forgive the Houston loss because JJ Watt is the best single DL since Smith and White. That Oakland game though. . . .

Fixxxer
01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Chicken.

Does this mean Whaley and Russ are back in your good books again?

BTW, I heard Whaley talk for the first time on the radio this morning.

For 10 minutes, EVERYTHING that came out of the guy's mouth was a cliche. I was astonished.

All of a sudden, Marrone, Hackett, Sammy, Rex - it all made sense.

You took your time......

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM

I feel your pain.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 07:35 PM
It's also not a disqualifier.

The good news is, the new boss is not the same as the old boss.

Just because you aren't in the frying pan anymore...

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 07:38 PM

On the NFL channel last night, they showed this press conference back to back with his Jets press conference from 6 years ago.

And then they all laughed their asses off...

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Oh....I smell a long year of whining from Sparky because the Bills did not elevate his boy-toy Schwartz.

He will continually put up the unprovable....that the Bills would be better with Schwartz, and present it as fact.

I'm sure Rex will provide plenty of amusement.

Gotta compliment Rex on his fashion sense - the engineer/motorcycle boots he wore into town were as butch as all hell.

I have no doubt Rex has been in a NYC gay bar or two in his life...

harmonkoz
01-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Who the hell pays attention to the boots someone is wearing? Pretty strange.

ICRockets
01-15-2015, 09:23 PM

Every owner is wealthy.

History says no...

No, it doesn't. History says that in February, there will be an owner who lifts the Lombardi trophy and claims the grand prize for running an NFL team. History says it's happened every year for the last 70 years. History says owners can build successful teams in the NFL, because there have to be successful teams in the NFL. Unless you can guarantee that the Pegulas are incapable of doing so, then this entire thread, even if the point you're trying to make about Bills fans falling over themselves to canonize Saint Rex is accurate, means nothing! You might as well have it renamed to 'Apropos of nothing...' because that's all it is. You started the thread. If you have a point to make by doing so, make it. If you don't, then stop acting like a whiny ***** when we continue to point it out.

YardRat
01-16-2015, 05:03 AM

The Bills were better with Schwart2, that's already a fact. It's already proven.

CommissarSpartacus
01-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Who the hell pays attention to the boots someone is wearing? Pretty strange.

I noticed because I own a pair just like them...

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/clubimages/2015/01-January/tempDSC_1621--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

http://www.hammannmedia.com/grosshandel/images/product_images/attrib_images/info_images/Engineer20Boots.jpg

CommissarSpartacus
01-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Engineer boots are a long-time gay leather boy wardrobe must-have.

http://gay-or-straight.com/Rex%20Ryan

Is Rex Ryan gay or straight?
Here you find the sexual orientation of Rex Ryan.
Do you disagree? Please Inform us.

Rex Ryan is heterosexual / straight

Do you like Rex Ryan?

Rex Ryan gaydar
According to 5 visitors Rex Ryan is 76% gay.
The average gay-rating on gay-or-straight.com is 69%, which means Rex Ryan has been voted highly gay.

http://www.bootedmanblog.com/?p=3982

Why Do Gay Men Like Engineer Boots?
Posted on February 12, 2013

Fresh from the internet search engines, we have an age-old question: “Why do gay men like engineer boots?”

...more...

Historian
01-16-2015, 09:04 AM
I guarantee 12 wins and a home wild card.

Historian
01-16-2015, 09:06 AM

"If the rest of you could shoot like that, I wouldn't care if the whole department was gay." -Clint Eastwood, The Enforcer.

harmonkoz
01-16-2015, 09:12 AM

http://gay-or-straight.com/Rex%20Ryan

Is Rex Ryan gay or straight?
Here you find the sexual orientation of Rex Ryan.
Do you disagree? Please Inform us.

Rex Ryan is heterosexual / straight

Do you like Rex Ryan?

Rex Ryan gaydar
According to 5 visitors Rex Ryan is 76% gay.
The average gay-rating on gay-or-straight.com is 69%, which means Rex Ryan has been voted highly gay.

http://www.bootedmanblog.com/?p=3982

Why Do Gay Men Like Engineer Boots?
Posted on February 12, 2013

Fresh from the internet search engines, we have an age-old question: “Why do gay men like engineer boots?”

...more...

So in the previous post were you pointed out that you had a pair too... You appear to be proclaiming your sexuality as well.

What the hell does any of this have to do with Football, the Bills, or their head coach?

CommissarSpartacus
01-16-2015, 09:35 AM
So in the previous post were you pointed out that you had a pair too... You appear to be proclaiming your sexuality as well.

What the hell does any of this have to do with Football, the Bills, or their head coach?

What part of "Gotta compliment Rex on his fashion sense - the engineer/motorcycle boots he wore into town were as butch as all hell." didn't you get?

I own a pair because I own a motorcycle. Maybe Rex does too. It's the only way you can own a pair and not be seen as gay. Oh, you can be a rock start too, but I doubt Rexy's private life is THAT exciting.

But dude, we already know Rex (foot fetish) has deviant sexual tastes.

He could very well be gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

feldspar
01-17-2015, 12:48 AM
He could very well be gay.

So can this post.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 10:11 AM
So can this post.

You consider being gay a bad thing?

Are you homophobic?

Would you think less of Rex if he swings both ways?

Personally, I wouldn't but it seems you have issues...

harmonkoz
01-17-2015, 10:34 AM
What part of "Gotta compliment Rex on his fashion sense - the engineer/motorcycle boots he wore into town were as butch as all hell." didn't you get?

What part of "what does this have to do with football or bills" did you not get?

I still find it very strange that 1. A dude is noticing another's dudes boots. and 2. That the observant dudeposts his observation to a football forum adding in all kinds of sexuality references. Just sayin...

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 11:26 AM
What part of "what does this have to do with football or bills" did you not get?

I still find it very strange that 1. A dude is noticing another's dudes boots. and 2. That the observant dudeposts his observation to a football forum adding in all kinds of sexuality references. Just sayin...

Well then, the next time you see it, you won't find it nearly so strange.

Seems you have issues too...

better days
01-17-2015, 11:34 AM

You are the one with the issues Fletch.

First you say you see no point in predicting the future, than you start a thread where you ask people to do just that.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 11:41 AM

First you say you see no point in predicting the future, than you start a thread where you ask people to do just that.

What does Fletch have to do with anything?

Dr. Who
01-17-2015, 12:11 PM

Seriously, now that you point it out, there are similarities. Too funny if it were true.

feldspar
01-17-2015, 12:28 PM
You consider being gay a bad thing?

Are you homophobic?

Would you think less of Rex if he swings both ways?

Personally, I wouldn't but it seems you have issues...

This post could also be gay.

swiper
01-17-2015, 12:30 PM

It's the best he's got when he can't come up with a cogent retort. He really struggles keeping up with conversations here. It is not uncommon with thirteen year old pre-pubescent males. Cut him some slack.

swiper
01-17-2015, 12:32 PM
This post could also be gay.

What do you call a gay man in a wheelchair?

Rolaids?

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Seriously, now that you point it out, there are similarities. Too funny if it were true.

If you're really, really optimistic about the chances of it being true, it makes it much more likely to be true.

Everyone knows that...

better days
01-17-2015, 12:40 PM

So you are saying you are not Fletch?

OK then Spartacus you are the one with the issues.

Like I said, you posted just before you started this thread that you don't believe predicting the future serves any point & then you start a thread where you ask people to do just that.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 12:42 PM
It's the best he's got when he can't come up with a cogent retort. He really struggles keeping up with conversations here. It is not uncommon with thirteen year old pre-pubescent males. Cut him some slack.

Is he always this angry? Is his avatar supposed to intimidate people? I'm scared of fictional psychopaths!

Dr. Who
01-17-2015, 12:45 PM
If you're really, really optimistic about the chances of it being true, it makes it much more likely to be true.

Everyone knows that...

Well, we all know Vulcans do not tell lies. Let's just say you are exaggerating.
I am guardedly optimistic (about Rex Ryan and the Bills. No idea if you are Fletch and I don't actually really care). Since you define that word (when it suits you) as inherently irrational, let's say I am guardedly hopeful. I have never intimated or said that adopting a positive attitude towards something would change the veridical value of a statement.
Of course, it is always pleasant to make one's interlocuters say what they did not say or twist their words so that their interpretations of one's own words are easy to deflect.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 12:46 PM
So you are saying you are not Fletch?

OK then Spartacus you are the one with the issues.

Like I said, you posted just before you started this thread that you don't believe predicting the future serves any point & then you start a thread where you ask people to do just that.

1. No, I am not Fletch, whatever that's supposed to imply...

2. Huh? Why does me not being Fletch make me the one with the issues?

3. And why would I do something like that, brainiac? Could there be a, gasp, reason for it? Think for awhile. Maybe your knee will stop jerking and it'll come to you.

harmonkoz
01-17-2015, 12:49 PM

Why because I don't bow down to your ridiculous crap? Why don't you and your underling Swipe grow a set and quit being little douche's?

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 12:56 PM
I am guardedly optimistic (about Rex Ryan and the Bills.

As I am guardedly pessimistic, both reasonable positions.

But it was you that entered the discussion to critici2e my guarded pessimism, I didn't chase after you to critici2e your guarded optimism.

Dr. Who
01-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Why because I don't bow down to your ridiculous crap? Why don't you and your underling Swipe grow a set and quit being little douche's?

Ever see A Christmas Story?

Spartacus is Scut Farkus and Swiper is Grover Dill, i.e., the bully and his toady.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Why because I don't bow down to your ridiculous crap?

That's one reason.

Your homophobia is another...

Dr. Who
01-17-2015, 01:00 PM
As I am guardedly pessimistic, both reasonable positions.

But it was you that entered the discussion to critici2e my guarded pessimism, I didn't chase after you to critici2e your guarded optimism.

Actually, I made a general comment about those who took a negative position and you ascribed it to yourself.
That's fine. In a roundabout way, your surmise was correct enough.
I don't think you are really allowing those who are hopeful much rational space, but that's your prerogative.

feldspar
01-17-2015, 01:02 PM

Don't sweat it. He's an intentionally antagonistic instigator and a baitor...a master baitor.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Ever see A Christmas Story?

Spartacus is Scut Farkus and Swiper is Grover Dill, i.e., the bully and his toady.

I knew the victim card would make it's appearance sooner or later.

Are you guys suffering from intellectual wedgies?

Am I stealing your symbolic lunch money?

http://philosophers-stone.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/nelson-muntz.jpg

Dr. Who
01-17-2015, 01:05 PM
It's not really the victim card. Ralphie ends up beating the hell out of Scut Farkus.
Not that I have any desire to punch you, of course.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 01:16 PM
It's not really the victim card. Ralphie ends up beating the hell out of Scut Farkus.
Not that I have any desire to punch you, of course.

It's the movies. Of COURSE the little nerd gets to beat up the bully at the end. Makes all non-bullies feel good.

I'm sure off the set Scot Farkus would have chewed up and spit out little Ralphie.

But anyway, your references to lousy 80s movies as some sort of moral guide is amusing.

I await finding out what Pretty in Pink and Ghostbusters can teach us all...

feldspar
01-17-2015, 02:55 PM
It's the movies.

Speaking of movies, would you guarantee that just because your favorite actor or director made a movie, that movie would be a winner? Personally, I wouldn't. My favorite actors and directors have ALL made some pretty freakin' horrible movies, pretty much without exception.

Nobody is guaranteeing anything here. All I have to say is that I think Ryan is an upgrade over Marrone and I'm excited to see it play out. And no, Ryan is not my favorite coach at this point. Gotta see it play out, but I'll give the man a chance before I diss him.

harmonkoz
01-17-2015, 03:05 PM
That's one reason.

Your homophobia is another...

I don't see where I am even remotely coming across as a homophobe. I live in Madison, WI one of the most tolerant places in this country. I myself am a pretty tolerant guy as well.

If you take me finding it odd that another dude notices another dudes boots as being a homophobe, my guess is that you are as queer as a three dollar bill.

Now, do I have a problem with you being as queer as a three dollar bill? No. Does your implications that I do make it so? No.

You and your game are incredibly weak.

feldspar
01-17-2015, 03:07 PM
I don't see where I am even remotely coming across as a homophobe. I live in Madison, WI one of the most tolerant places in this country. I myself am a pretty tolerant guy as well.

If you take me finding it odd that another dude notices another dudes boots as being a homophobe, my guess is that you are as queer as a three dollar bill.

Now, do I have a problem with you being as queer as a three dollar bill? No. Does your implications that I do make it so? No.

You and your game are incredibly weak.

Trust me...you are playing into his hands by even replying to him, no matter what you say.

harmonkoz
01-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Trust me...you are playing into his hands by even replying to him, no matter what you say.

I find it/him amusing. But thanks for the heads up.

YardRat
01-17-2015, 03:48 PM
lol..."I'm tolerant as hell, ya' queer!"

harmonkoz
01-17-2015, 04:22 PM

LOL

notacon
01-17-2015, 07:30 PM
I would guarantee that with Schwartz as HC the Bills would not win even 9 games.

swiper
01-17-2015, 07:45 PM
I would guarantee that with Schwartz as HC the Bills would not win even 9 games.

That's like someone claiming they know Peyton Manning will never play in Buffalo.

Schwartz >> Ryan. Period.

better days
01-17-2015, 09:36 PM
1. No, I am not Fletch, whatever that's supposed to imply...

2. Huh? Why does me not being Fletch make me the one with the issues?

3. And why would I do something like that, brainiac? Could there be a, gasp, reason for it? Think for awhile. Maybe your knee will stop jerking and it'll come to you.

2. You not being Fletch ( if you are not) does not make you the one with issues, you saying predicting the future is pointless in one thread and then starting another thread where you ask people to predict the future is why you have issues whoever you are.

3. Yeah, you did something like that because it did not fit your argument in the other thread but in this thread it does.

POINTLESS.

Boomstick
01-17-2015, 11:01 PM
I had to log in just to thank this post. Very funny, lol'd and woke my wife up! Ha

BertSquirtgum
01-17-2015, 11:55 PM

Or will they?

Cry cry cry.

CommissarSpartacus
01-18-2015, 05:11 AM

LOL.

If I was, I'd like em homophobic AND stupid, just like you...

harmonkoz
01-18-2015, 05:20 AM
LOL.

If I was, I'd like em homophobic AND stupid, just like you...

Riiiight. You just keep telling yourself that sparty. While you are checking out other dudes boots, I will just keep my ass to the wall. Thanks.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 05:21 AM
That's like someone claiming they know Peyton Manning will never play in Buffalo.

Schwartz >> Ryan. Period.Well, the odds are 1,000,000 to 1. So, maybe I overstated.

CommissarSpartacus
01-18-2015, 05:24 AM
2. You not being Fletch ( if you are not) does not make you the one with issues, you saying predicting the future is pointless in one thread and then starting another thread where you ask people to predict the future is why you have issues whoever you are.

3. Yeah, you did something like that because it did not fit your argument in the other thread but in this thread it does.

POINTLESS.

Just because I think most predictions are pointless doesn't mean that everyone feels that way. Some people make careers here making stupid prediction after stupid prediction. So, this thread is addressed to those who think predictions are a valuable service.

It's very simple.

I disagree with the decision to go the Rex Ryan route for a number of reasons, not all of which are stats based.

I also think this decision was made in large part for public relations purposes, to take the heat off Whaley and Brandon.

But others disagree and love Rex.

I'm saying that we already have a 9 - 7 team and there is no reason to think that Schwart2 takiong over from Marrone would have been have been an instant improvement,

So, if the Ryan route guys think that this way is a better way to go, doesn't it seem reasonable to ask them if they'll consider anything other than a 10+ win season a disappointment?

CommissarSpartacus
01-18-2015, 05:30 AM
Riiiight. You just keep telling yourself that sparty. While you are checking out other dudes boots, I will just keep my ass to the wall. Thanks.

Smart people notice things. Stupid people think it's gay (homophobic insult BTW) to notice things.

Rex makes fashion decisions about his footwear, and we all know he has a thing for feet, so relax, it's all good.

What kind of footwear do you rock?

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 05:38 AM
I don't like the Ryan hire, but I will live with it. As previously stated, his players generally love playing for him and he is good at designing a defensive game plan. Then again, so is Jim Schwartz.

As far as predicting number of wins, I usually don't do that. There are too many factors that hinge on a win or a loss. When you point out some of those factors, some will call you an excuse maker or a homer if you complain about the refs.

As long as we are competitive in every game, that's all that counts for me. It is, after all, just entertainment. If you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of analyzing and breaking down on the field play like so many do here, I suggest you coach a Pee Wee team and maybe move on to high school ball.

Doing it for NFL games, you are just an Esaison or Simms wannabe.....without benefit of the pedigree.

better days
01-18-2015, 07:10 AM
Just because I think most predictions are pointless doesn't mean that everyone feels that way. Some people make careers here making stupid prediction after stupid prediction. So, this thread is addressed to those who think predictions are a valuable service.

It's very simple.

I disagree with the decision to go the Rex Ryan route for a number of reasons, not all of which are stats based.

I also think this decision was made in large part for public relations purposes, to take the heat off Whaley and Brandon.

But others disagree and love Rex.

I'm saying that we already have a 9 - 7 team and there is no reason to think that Schwart2 takiong over from Marrone would have been have been an instant improvement,

So, if the Ryan route guys think that this way is a better way to go, doesn't it seem reasonable to ask them if they'll consider anything other than a 10+ win season a disappointment?

Not when you said predictions are POINTLESS.

Dr. Who
01-18-2015, 11:08 AM
It's the movies. Of COURSE the little nerd gets to beat up the bully at the end. Makes all non-bullies feel good.

I'm sure off the set Scot Farkus would have chewed up and spit out little Ralphie.

But anyway, your references to lousy 80s movies as some sort of moral guide is amusing.

I await finding out what Pretty in Pink and Ghostbusters can teach us all...

Well, my actual taste in movies runs towards bergman, wong kar wai, krzysztof kieslowski, terrence malick, miyazaki, etc.
I am using references that are likely to resonate with the vox populi. I could just as easily make erudite references to Plato, Hegel, Heracleitus, Aquinas and many others. I don't take my moral compass from eighties movies.

I'm fifty now. When I was younger, I could easily bench press 300 lbs. It's relatively easy to handle a normal bully. The kind that exist on the internet aren't really cowed when they are stood up to.

You like to sneer and take cheap shots. The worst punishment for all that is that you are the sort of person who sneers and takes cheap shots. The bully never actually wins, because he is stuck with the soul of a bully.

notacon
01-18-2015, 11:22 AM

Schwartz >> Ryan. Period.

I know that. It's a metaphor as a comment on the subject of this thread.

notacon
01-18-2015, 11:46 AM
I misspoke. My comment was a metaphor of Spraky's take on the HC situation.

Since he picked Schwartz to be the best HC move by the Bills, and they did not do so, we will be bombarded with whining threads that will use the unprovable idea that no matter what (save a Super Bowl win in 2015) that the Bills would do better with Schwartz as HC instead of Ryan. He has started five of these types of threads already.

I've been reading Sparky's posts for about 10 years. I've seen this many time before.

feldspar
01-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Smart people notice things.

I noticed you are a douchebag.

I'm pretty smart, eh?

CommissarSpartacus
01-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Well, my actual taste in movies runs towards bergman, wong kar wai, krzysztof kieslowski, terrence malick, miyazaki, etc.
I am using references that are likely to resonate with the vox populi. I could just as easily make erudite references to Plato, Hegel, Heracleitus, Aquinas and many others. I don't take my moral compass from eighties movies.

Appealing to the "vox populi" = playing to the peanut gallery. Do they know that you consider them too stupid to "resonate" to "erudite references"?

I'm fifty now. When I was younger, I could easily bench press 300 lbs. It's relatively easy to handle a normal bully. The kind that exist on the internet aren't really cowed when they are stood up to.

Really? What's the point of this? Because of our conversation, you start making allusions to your ability to kick my ass? All because you and a few other soreheads have decided I'm a bully? You DO reali2e that not everyone has come to the same conclusions about me that you have? Cu2 it's been a consistent characteristic of my detractors over the years - the conviction that EVERYONE thinks I'm a bully and an ass hole just like they do. And generally, my motley group of haters have all landed on the right-wing side of the political spectrum. Curious that, huh?

You like to sneer and take cheap shots. The worst punishment for all that is that you are the sort of person who sneers and takes cheap shots. The bully never actually wins, because he is stuck with the soul of a bully.

And now I'm a bully that sneers and takes cheap shots. Do you really think this is warranted? Are you really that insecure that my calling you, gasp, a Paulist and a Pollyanna makes you feel you're justified to call me a sneering cheap shotting bully?

It;s funny, but I've always thought of you as the non-military version of gameboy, thin-skinned, humorless, pedantic and ultimately unable to control your temper.

And that's why you need to be a Paulist. You need a way to justify the unjustifiable..

Are you mortally offended that I consider you Thrasymachus?

CommissarSpartacus
01-18-2015, 08:44 PM
I noticed you are a douchebag.

I'm pretty smart, eh?

The smartest rock in the box, that's for sure...

feldspar
01-18-2015, 09:01 PM
The smartest rock in the box, that's for sure...

I can always tell a douchebag.

CommissarSpartacus
01-18-2015, 09:22 PM
I can always tell a douchebag.

That's your rainman talent?

Won't do you much good at the casino unfortunately...

Dr. Who
01-19-2015, 08:48 AM
Spartacus: Yes, I assume that few people would share my erudition in regards to foreign films and philosophy. That doesn't mean I think they are stupid.

You are really very angry. I don't think that's particularly Stoic of you.

justasportsfan
01-19-2015, 08:53 AM

Spartacus has twinkletoes?

justasportsfan
01-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Watch Spartacus leave Rexy hanging at :31 of the video

<object id="flashObj" width="640" height="390" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isSlim=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=3996995701001&playerID=2207682275001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABvaL8JE~,ufBHq_I6Fnwgpz2JFHz_Jerf-MHxK_Ad&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isSlim=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=3996995701001&playerID=2207682275001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABvaL8JE~,ufBHq_I6Fnwgpz2JFHz_Jerf-MHxK_Ad&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="640" height="390" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Spartacus: Yes, I assume that few people would share my erudition in regards to foreign films and philosophy. That doesn't mean I think they are stupid.

You don't think they're stupid, you only assume they're stupid?

You are really very angry. I don't think that's particularly Stoic of you.

What have I said or done that makes you decide I'm angry, much less very angry?

Have I reminisced about the days when I could bench-press 300 lbs and could wipe the floor with mouthy bullies?

No, that would be you.

Now, you can easily ascribe all sorts of emotional states to me and say "Doesn't seem very stoic to me!". All you have to do is type out the words.

But, fortunately for me, I don't think the peanut gallery is stupid and clueless.

They see someone who argues for emotion over reason accusing someone who argues reason over emotion....

of letting his emotions rule ("you are really very angry")...

Rather amusing, don't you think?

Dr. Who
01-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Spartacus:

Ignorance is not the same as stupidity. Many people have no interest in some kinds of cinema or philosophy. Assuming that most people do not is not equivalent to calling them stupid. Surely you are actually aware of that.

Our sensibility and judgment differ too broadly.
I think you are the sophist acting in bad faith. Apparently this is what you think I am.
In such a case, genuine conversation is impossible.

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 09:42 AM
You don't think they're stupid, you only assume they're stupid?

What have I said or done that makes you decide I'm angry, much less very angry?

Have I reminisced about the days when I could bench-press 300 lbs and could wipe the floor with mouthy bullies?

No, that would be you.

Now, you can easily ascribe all sorts of emotional states to me and say "Doesn't seem very stoic to me!". All you have to do is type out the words.

But, fortunately for me, I don't think the peanut gallery is stupid and clueless.

They see someone who argues for emotion over reason accusing someone who argues reason over emotion....

of letting his emotions rule ("you are really very angry")...

Rather amusing, don't you think?

Trust me, the peanut gallery knows your type all to well. The holier than though, I am smarter than everyone type.

Just look back on your earlier posts... "Smart people notice things", I'm smart because I notice another dude's boots... LMAO. That really says it all for me.

Cue, some lame ass post about "What kind of shoes I am rocking"

Ass still to the wall Sparty.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Spartacus:

Ignorance is not the same as stupidity. Many people have no interest in some kinds of cinema or philosophy. Assuming that most people do not is not equivalent to calling them stupid. Surely you are actually aware of that.

Our sensibility and judgment differ too broadly.
I think you are the sophist acting in bad faith. Apparently this is what you think I am.
In such a case, genuine conversation is impossible.

I'm not the one announcing I'm walking away after accusing me of being a sophist acting in bad faith.

I'm willing to continue the conversation to get to the truth.

Apparently, you are not.

Is it REALLY that painful for you?

I have no problem explaining myself, but then I'm a stoic so I consider the ability to have my reason rule my feelings as a blessing from God and something that isn't a chore to explain.

You, on the other hand, seem to be profoundly threatened by the conversation? Why is that?

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Trust me, the peanut gallery knows your type all to well. The holier than though, I am smarter than everyone type.

Just look back on your earlier posts... "Smart people notice things", I'm smart because I notice another dude's boots... LMAO. That really says it all for me.

Cue, some lame ass post about "What kind of shoes I am rocking"

Ass still to the wall Sparty.

1. I'm glad you're so tuned in to the attitudes of the peanut gallery. I have no doubt your salt of the earth common sense can see right through someone such as myself.

2. I just reali2ed you might not wear shoes where you come from, so I apologi2e if I've made you feel bad for implying that living in Dogpatch without any footwear is worthy of ridicule.

Dr. Who
01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm not the one announcing I'm walking away after accusing me of being a sophist acting in bad faith.

I'm willing to continue the conversation to get to the truth.

Apparently, you are not.

Is it REALLY that painful for you?

I have no problem explaining myself, but then I'm a stoic so I consider the ability to have my reason rule my feelings as a blessing from God and something that isn't a chore to explain.

You, on the other hand, seem to be profoundly threatened by the conversation? Why is that?

You pretend to reason, but do not display good will.
I had forgotten what a poisonous, savage creature you are.
That won't happen again.

feldspar
01-19-2015, 11:02 AM

Which is the thing that makes him a plain old-fashioned douchebag.

Dr. Who
01-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Which is the thing that makes him a plain old-fashioned douchebag.

There is certainly something perverse in his character.
He provokes with ill-mannered statements and then acts like the innocent who has been rudely attacked.

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 11:17 AM
1. I'm glad you're so tuned in to the attitudes of the peanut gallery. I have no doubt your salt of the earth common sense can see right through someone such as myself.

2. I just reali2ed you might not wear shoes where you come from, so I apologi2e if I've made you feel bad for implying that living in Dogpatch without any footwear is worthy of ridicule.

You just get weaker by the moment. BTW Madison, WI is a far cry from Dogpatch. If you want to get into implying. Let's get into implying.

I was wondering where you came up with your username. As I know Spartacus was a Gladiator, leading Slaves against the Romans. I considered your choice of it odd, as you come across as an epic tool. I found it just as odd as your penchant for other mens footwear.

Alas, Google came to the rescue (http://www.spartacusworld.com/en) and all is now clear.

Ass still against the wall Sparty.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:17 PM
I had forgotten what a poisonous, savage creature you are.
That won't happen again.

No good will? Poisonous and savage?

Gee, and here I was afraid that I might be losing it.

It's always a hoot watching a few innocuous comments produce a massive over-reaction, especially when the people who are over-reacting think they're totally justified because of my supposed savage, poisonous nature.

Oh well, it's another reason for you to hate stoics. You figured it out. Kudos. Stoics only PRETEND to be in control of their behavior as a trolling technique. The Greeks figured it out with Socrates. He wasn't using the "Socratic Method" as a teaching tool, he did it to sneer at the youth of Athens with his sole purpose making themselves feel bad about themselves and their overlords, the same way that I try to make you feel bad about the Bills and the USA.

Gameboy has already suggested the hemlock solution for me and the problem I represent. Maybe if you and he and a few other soreheads complain really, really hard, the powers that be will listen to you.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:25 PM
There is certainly something perverse in his character.
He provokes with ill-mannered statements and then acts like the innocent who has been rudely attacked.

You reali2e you're making common cause with a guy who proudly sports a psychopathic serial killer as his avatar?

But I'm the one with the perverse character?

LOL!

I presume that you'll take my disagreement with you as to the extent of my perfidiousness as further justification for your own behavior.

You're FORCED to behave this way because of me, right?

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 07:29 PM
the same way that I try to make you feel bad about the Bills and the USA.

What a waste of time, anyone that lets you have any power over their feelings needs psychiatric help. You are a blathering idiot.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:32 PM
You just get weaker by the moment. BTW Madison, WI is a far cry from Dogpatch. If you want to get into implying. Let's get into implying.

I was wondering where you came up with your username. As I know Spartacus was a Gladiator, leading Slaves against the Romans. I considered your choice of it odd, as you come across as an epic tool. I found it just as odd as your penchant for other mens footwear.

Alas, Google came to the rescue (http://www.spartacusworld.com/en) and all is now clear.

Ass still against the wall Sparty.

Am I supposed to get upset by you alluding to me being gay?

Why would I? I'm not homophobic.

Maybe this is an effective technique in Dogpatch, but here it's merely laughable.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:34 PM
What a waste of time, anyone that lets you have any power over their feelings needs psychiatric help. You are a blathering idiot.

...Blithering idiot...

Not blathering...

Idiot...

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Am I supposed to get upset by you alluding to me being gay?

Why would I? I'm not homophobic.

Maybe this is an effective technique in Dogpatch, but here it's merely laughable.

Just as laughable as your claims to superior intellect and other low level stabs at people.

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 07:37 PM
...Blithering idiot...

Not blathering...

Idiot...

Oh I just love spelling and grammar smack. You really are bringing your a game tonight.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Just as laughable as your claims to superior intellect and other low level stabs at people.

Does my claim to a superior intellect make you feel bad about yourself?

When I claim to have a brain, am I really just calling you stupid?

And would my stabs be acceptable to you if they were erudite and high-minded, rather than low-level?

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Oh I just love spelling and grammar smack. You really are bringing your a game tonight.

Betraying your difficulty with everyday English language expressions while accusing others of stupidity makes you look, well, stupid.

I'm just trying to help you out.

I guarantee you won't make the same mistake again...

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:45 PM

Seems I have power over your feelings...

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Does my claim to a superior intellect make you feel bad about yourself?

When I claim to have a brain, am I really just calling you stupid?

And would my stabs be acceptable to you if they were erudite and high-minded, rather than low-level?

Nothing you say affects me in any way. I find you your reasons for being here just as laughable as your character. If you think you are having an effect on how posters feel about themselves, their team, or their country--as you yourself just said, you need counseling.

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Seems I have power over your feelings...
And you need help with reading comprehension as well.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Nothing you say affects me in any way. I find you your reasons for being here just as laughable as your character. If you think you are having an effect on how posters feel about themselves, their team, or their country--as you yourself just said, you need counseling.

And nothing I say affects you in any way?

Then why are you so upset?

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 07:51 PM
And you need help with reading comprehension as well.

Really? What did I not understand?

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Betraying your difficulty with everyday English language expressions while accusing others of stupidity makes you look, well, stupid.

I'm just trying to help you out.

I guarantee you won't make the same mistake again...

Bet I will. I make typing and grammatical errors on forums all the time. 1. It's not like I am making my living from this, 2. I am using a crappy Apple produced device which are manufactured for morons and i don't like dicking around with corrections and 3. I just don't fing care.

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 07:56 PM
And nothing I say affects you in any way?

Then why are you so upset?

Upset? You fancy yourself Miss Cleo?

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Bet I will. I make typing and grammatical errors on forums all the time.

"Blathering idiot" is neither a typing nor a grammatical error.

It's a mistake of ignorance.

Like I said, you won't make the same mistake again.

Say "thank you."

You're welcome...

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Upset? You fancy yourself Miss Cleo?

Why do I need Miss Cleo to recogni2e the bleeding obvious?

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 08:34 PM
You are a blathering idiot. There it is. Did I mean to type it that way? Inquiring minds want to know miss Cleo.

CommissarSpartacus
01-19-2015, 08:40 PM
You are a blathering idiot. There it is. Did I mean to type it that way? Inquiring minds want to know miss Cleo.

I have no doubt it was intentional.

Say thank you...

BertSquirtgum
01-20-2015, 12:27 AM

Or will they?

Are you guaranteeing 10 losses next year?

feldspar
01-20-2015, 02:27 AM
You reali2e you're making common cause with a guy who proudly sports a psychopathic serial killer as his avatar?

But I'm the one with the perverse character?

LOL!

LOL, says the guy that claims to take pride in having his "reason rule his feelings."

I can't be right about anything and everybody should stay off "my side" because of my avatar now? I'm defined by it? How does it take a perverse character to agree with someone that has my avatar?

Sounds pretty reasonable. What a douchebag.

You don't like the picture?

Dr. Who
01-20-2015, 08:48 AM
LOL, says the guy that claims to take pride in having his "reason rule his feelings."

I can't be right about anything and everybody should stay off "my side" because of my avatar now? I'm defined by it? How does it take a perverse character to agree with someone that has my avatar?

Socrates looked liked Silenus, but had a beautiful soul.
I don't have much in common with a winged elven character.
I generally don't assume that avatars are descriptive of the individuals who post.
Otherwise, bertsquirtgum would be more popular, don't you think?

And I consider Plato and the Socrates of Plato's dialogues real guides to wisdom.
The Loki-trixter sophist with a malicious will comparing himself to Socrates would be funny if not so ridiculous.

Jimbuktu
01-20-2015, 08:57 AM

THIS.

CommissarSpartacus
01-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Are you guaranteeing 10 losses next year?

Why would I?

I'm an optimist. I predict 16 - 0 every season. Same thing next year.

Go Bills!

CommissarSpartacus
01-20-2015, 12:15 PM

"Pride" has nothing to do with it and reason and logic has everything to do with it. Look, just cu2 you're a slave to your feelings doesn't mean everyone bases their decisions on pumping up their self-esteem.

I can't be right about anything and everybody should stay off "my side" because of my avatar now? I'm defined by it?

Why is your avatar a mass murderer? Are you saying we shouldn't take it into account when we make judgments about your intelligence and mental health?

How does it take a perverse character to agree with someone that has my avatar?

You could have chosen anything as an avatar. You chose a soulless killer. What are we supposed to think?

Please don't kill me. I'm not a teenager that just had sex...

CommissarSpartacus
01-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Socrates looked liked Silenus, but had a beautiful soul.

So what?

I don't have much in common with a winged elven character.

You just chose it because it's a pretty picture? Looks pretty demonic to me...

I generally don't assume that avatars are descriptive of the individuals who post.

So, why choose a psychopathic killer? No one was twisting his arm.

This is one of the reasons I find doing this so fascinating. When people think they're anonymous, you find out what they're REALLY like. I'd say Feldspar's avatar says that he has self-esteem issues and hopes his avatar will make him seem dangerous and intimidating and overall, more masculine.

Otherwise, bertsquirtgum would be more popular, don't you think?

If anyone with internet access gets excited by squirtgums ass avatar, they don't know how to use a search engine.

And I consider Plato and the Socrates of Plato's dialogues real guides to wisdom.

Are you a Straussian?

The Loki-trixter sophist with a malicious will comparing himself to Socrates would be funny if not so ridiculous.

Care to explain? I somehow doubt you will, but I have to ask...

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 12:35 PM
This is one of the reasons I find doing this so fascinating. When people think they're anonymous, you find out what they're REALLY like. I'd say Feldspar's avatar says that he has self-esteem issues and hopes his avatar will make him seem dangerous and intimidating and overall, more masculine.

I was trying to do the same with my avatar.

I'm trying to offset my intimidating cabbage patch kid avatar with the calming Christmas village scene in my signature. Ya know, just to let you all know that I do have a softer side.

Dr. Who
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Spartacus: Are you a cartoon character?
I am not a Straussian, though he's worth reading.

I chose my avatar because I like the art of Remedios Varo and I didn't have to adjust the size of the jpeg.
I'm not adept at that sort of thing, so I chose what fit the parameters for avatars here.

CommissarSpartacus
01-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Spartacus: Are you a cartoon character?

Yes. I'm Pepe le Pew...

I am not a Straussian, though he's worth reading.

What worth is there to be gleaned from Strauss?

I chose my avatar because I like the art of Remedios Varo...

You weren't worried the peanut gallery wouldn't get it?

Dr. Who
01-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Strauss is an interesting close reader of texts. One doesn't have to agree with his interpretations to find them worth consideration.
His notion of esoteric writing has merit, though it's a hermeneutic that could easily be abused.

It's a picture of a winged elven creature . . . what's not to get?

CommissarSpartacus
01-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Strauss is an interesting close reader of texts.

Interesting how?

Seems kind of an innocuous description considering. does it not?

Dr. Who
01-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Interesting how?

Seems kind of an innocuous description considering. does it not?

Offering specifics to the likes of you is to invite an acid reply.
Are you interested in Strauss or do you simply dismiss him because he is associated with right-wing political thought?

CommissarSpartacus
01-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Offering specifics to the likes of you is to invite an acid reply.
Are you interested in Strauss or do you simply dismiss him because he is associated with right-wing political thought?

What's the difference?

" The more we cultivate reason, the more we cultivate nihilism..." ~ Leo Strauss

Although not a Jew myself, I have an intimate and long-time familial relationship with a family of Polish Holocaust survivors, including having a lovely and brilliant Jewish daughter.

IMO, Leo Strauss is emblematic of the dark side of the Jewish soul.

Plus, find it curious that his acolytes scoff at the idea of conspiracies in global politics while pimping the conspiracy theory that Plato meant the exact opposite of what history has understood him to mean.

Dr. Who
01-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Well, I think Strauss' reading of Plato is pretty strong. Socratic irony does undercut the simple reading that most moderns bring to the dialogues. Didn't we discuss this about a million years ago?

My differences with Strauss are other. For instance, I think he dismisses Heidegger too quickly. Though the problems with historicism that he diagnoses are genuine, the specific context of a cultural ethos is important and does not reduce to a simple relativism.

Anyway, this forum is not really for this. You already knew we hold views that are largely at odds.

HAMMER
01-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Enough of the douchey philosophy BS Dr. Who.

Dr. Who
01-21-2015, 08:47 AM

Did you not see "Anyway, this forum is not really for this. You already knew we hold views that are largely at odds"?
And I don't normally discuss philosophy on these boards. I was responding to a question, not initiating a topic.
Aside from that, no one is compelling you to read anything I write. Just ignore it if it irritates you.

CommissarSpartacus
01-21-2015, 10:37 AM

What's your problem? There are hundreds of other threads with no douchey philosophy in them.

This is my thread and i have no problem with douchey philosophy. I don't pander to the peanut gallery like most. If you can't understand it or if it makes you feel uncomfortable, then don't read it, but as far as I'm concerned, discussion about the Bills and football in general doesn't need to be restricted to stuff that all double digit IQs can easily grasp.

It's the OFF SEASON for the Bills. We won't see another snap in anger for almost 8 months.

Surely that means the occasional thread can get more esoteric than usual without the self-appointed hall monitors wagging their fingers...

Dr. Who
01-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Hell, Spartacus, it sure is more fun when you're on my side.

CommissarSpartacus
01-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Hell, Spartacus, it sure is more fun when you're on my side.

I AM on your side. You just don't reali2e it.

Yet...