Are the Rex fans guaranteeing at least a 10 win season next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

Are the Rex fans guaranteeing at least a 10 win season next year?

We were 9 - 7 this year with Marrone, Hackett, Schwart2, Kyle Orton and EJ.

Now, apparently, we have up grades at HC, OC, and since Rex was disappointed with our 4th ranked defense and brought in his boy Thurman from the Jets, DC is a guarateed upgrade there too.

EJ is stiil here with a year`s more experience, and the loss of Orton, a guy who lost his job to Tim Tebow, should result in another upgrade at QB.

So, it seems to me that the guys buying the snake oil have NO EXCUSES if the team doesn`t improve their record by at LEAST one win, if not more.

9 wins or less won`t be good enough.

Or will they?

If we finish out of the playoffs again next year, will people complain that Rex needs at least 3 years to "change the culture"?
    Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 01-15-2015, 09:14 AM.
    My tebya razdavim
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: Are the Rex fans guaranteeing at least a 10 win season next year?

we would have possibly been 10-6 if the refs didn't screw us hard core against denver. IJS...

- - - Updated - - -

if orton starts against the texans, 11-5.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

the bills could have easily been 6-10 or 12-4 given how close most of hte games were. the bills offenes did not win a single game. the wins we had had D tds or turnovers that gave us multiple short fields where we kicked field goals. we had ST blocked punts or kickoff returns that scored td's. The offense had 2 games where they scored 2 tds or more.

So yeah, i think greg roman makes one tiny step forward, we could get 10 wins. however, one game where the D doesn't show or injuries take their toll, it's easy to end up with a losing record.

Let's see how they draft and scout the FA market. and we'll decide how realistic it is to get to 10 wins.

Comment

• jimmifli
        • Nov 2006

I think we upgrade our HC and OC, but I think we downgraded at DC. How that washes out I'm not sure.

IMO opinion anything short of a division win is a disappointment. Missing the playoffs is unacceptable. Rex has a short leash and no time for rebuilds.

Comment

• Spartacus
          • Mar 2003

I want to see the guys jumping on the bandwagon go on record.

If everything is such a ****ing upgrade, it should be no problem.

I'm not gonna do it because I'm not a Rex fan, but I'd hope all the guys busily blowing smoke up everyone's asses about the new regime would be happy to...
          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

No guarantees, but I expect 10 wins at least.

I expect to see much better play from the OL & QB.

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
              we would have possibly been 10-6 if the refs didn't screw us hard core against denver. IJS...

- - - Updated - - -

if orton starts against the texans, 11-5.
              No guarantee here...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
              No guarantees, but I expect 10 wins at least.

I expect to see much better play from the OL & QB.
              No guarantee here.
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                • Aug 2013

Some people sure know how to suck the fun out of things.

It must be quite exhausting in life to seek this sort of drama at every opportunity.

Comment

• Spartacus
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  the bills could have easily been 6-10 or 12-4 given how close most of hte games were. the bills offenes did not win a single game. the wins we had had D tds or turnovers that gave us multiple short fields where we kicked field goals. we had ST blocked punts or kickoff returns that scored td's. The offense had 2 games where they scored 2 tds or more.

So yeah, i think greg roman makes one tiny step forward, we could get 10 wins. however, one game where the D doesn't show or injuries take their toll, it's easy to end up with a losing record.

Let's see how they draft and scout the FA market. and we'll decide how realistic it is to get to 10 wins.
                  No guarantee here either...
                  My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                    Some people sure know how to suck the fun out of things.

It must be quite exhausting in life to seek this sort of drama at every opportunity.
                    No guarantee here either...
                    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                      • Aug 2013

Why would anyone guarantee anything? I like the Rex hire over everyone else out there, but in no way would I guarantee 10-6. That doesn't mean I can't like the hire.

There are an incredible amount of factors that go into whether or not you get to 10-6, your coach just being one of them. If any number of them go the other way you could be at 7-9.

We all know what you are trying to do and it is pathetic and betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of football that makes you look like a fool.

Good try though.

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                        I think we upgrade our HC and OC, but I think we downgraded at DC. How that washes out I'm not sure.

IMO opinion anything short of a division win is a disappointment. Missing the playoffs is unacceptable. Rex has a short leash and no time for rebuilds.
                        Thank you.

There is absolutely NO REASON for this team to take a step backwards.

No logical reason anyway...
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                          Why would anyone guarantee anything? I like the Rex hire over everyone else out there, but in no way would I guarantee 10-6. That doesn't mean I can't like the hire.

There are an incredible amount of factors that go into whether or not you get to 10-6, your coach just being one of them. If any number of them go the other way you could be at 7-9.

We all know what you are trying to do and it is pathetic and betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of football that makes you look like a fool.

Good try though.
                          Getting your excuses in order, huh?
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

How can we guarantee anything? It's not like I'm the guy playing QB or catching the passes.

******ed.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

The only thing I guarantee is the coach roaming the sidelines won't look like he's passing a kidney stone or has hot wing burny a$$. The press conferences will be entertaining and that is about it until a couple of drafts from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X