PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan was the best hire...stop being babies.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2015, 09:48 AM
This was the best possible hire. Well respected Veteran coach with coordinators and staff ready to roll. We got the best available for a change.

The Bills finally get it right and I have to read these ridiculous posts how we could have done better. Ok who? Who was better. A bunch of unproven coordinators?

I wonder if this board likes losing so they can complain about it.

There is no learning curve with this guy. I'm tired of first time coaches struggling to call a game or too scared to make a decision. We didn't make the playoffs because of Marrone. Period. Our team was good enough. It was the coaches fault. Going to Oakland and laying an egg in a must win game falls on the coaches. Period. An offenseive minded coach, with an emphasis on o-lines comes up with the worst offensive line and offense in the league. Wow.

Rex Ryan is defensive guru. Why would you need Schwartz when we have one of the best defensive minds in the league. Why would you complain about that. You improved the position. Schwart did a good job but Ryan is better. End of story. That's like complaining that you replaced your corvette with a Ferrari. This guy has been great on defense wherever he goes.

The Bills can get better. We need gurads. We need a QB, or at worst, some improvement at QB. I don't believe the Pegulas hired Ryan with the intent of rebuilding. I believe they are going to spend money in the off-season. Spiller evenn sounds like he's coming back, which is weird, but maybe they are talking about how to better utilize him. I don't really care for Spiller but if this staff wants him I feel better with their decision than mine for a change. It feels good knowing we don't have to second guess everything.

Stop the whinning and feel good about winning. We took the first step.

Strongman
01-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Rex understand the game, including offense, a heck of a lot better than Marrone and Hackett and their high school playbook. If Rex simply fixes the run game and our propensity for committing penalties, this team becomes much better.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:05 AM
This was the best possible hire. Well respected Veteran coach with coordinators and staff ready to roll. We got the best available for a change.

The Bills finally get it right and I have to read these ridiculous posts how we could have done better. Ok who? Who was better. A bunch of unproven coordinators?

Schwart2 was a better choice. Wouldn't have made nearly the amount of news though, and we all know how grateful Buffalonians are when people actually notice them...

BuffaloRedleg
01-15-2015, 10:07 AM
At the very least it will be entertaining.

I don't think his last years in NY were necessarily a reflection of how good/bad of a coach he is. Sometimes things just fall apart, happened with Belicheat too.

Hopefully he learned a lot of hard lessons in NY about what not to do.

#1 is don't compromise at the QB position.

If he goes into the season thinking EJ is the answer, my tune is going to change greatly.

stuckincincy
01-15-2015, 10:32 AM

There is no learning curve with this guy. I'm tired of first time coaches struggling to call a game or too scared to make a decision. We didn't make the playoffs because of Marrone. Period. Our team was good enough. It was the coaches fault. Going to Oakland and laying an egg in a must win game falls on the coaches. Period. An offenseive minded coach, with an emphasis on o-lines comes up with the worst offensive line and offense in the league. Wow.

Rex Ryan is defensive guru. Why would you need Schwartz when we have one of the best defensive minds in the league. Why would you complain about that. You improved the position. Schwart did a good job but Ryan is better. End of story. That's like complaining that you replaced your corvette with a Ferrari. This guy has been great on defense wherever he goes.

The Bills can get better. We need gurads. We need a QB, or at worst, some improvement at QB. I don't believe the Pegulas hired Ryan with the intent of rebuilding. I believe they are going to spend money in the off-season. Spiller evenn sounds like he's coming back, which is weird, but maybe they are talking about how to better utilize him. I don't really care for Spiller but if this staff wants him I feel better with their decision than mine for a change. It feels good knowing we don't have to second guess everything.

Time will tell. He certainly a self-promoter who made himself into a bit of a media darling...No problem with that. Pro football has always been an entertainment business.

Eight HC's and how many assistants since 2000? This franchise gets zero benefit of the doubt.

Joe Fo Sho
01-15-2015, 10:42 AM
Schwart2 was a better choice. Wouldn't have made nearly the amount of news though, and we all know how grateful Buffalonians are when people actually notice them...

You call Rex a loser because of his record, yet you want to hire Schwartz?

EDS
01-15-2015, 10:46 AM
The Bills have the best coach, the best defense, best young receivers and good veteran running backs, all they need is a QB and a few offensive lineman to be the best team in the NFL.

coastal
01-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Schwart2 was a better choice. Wouldn't have made nearly the amount of news though, and we all know how grateful Buffalonians are when people actually notice them...2

trapezeus
01-15-2015, 10:50 AM

such a great choice that we haven't heard of another team interview him yet (washington asked, but they aren't swinging well as they can a guy each year) and people called all the teams that lost on sunday that night. candidates were moving that monday morning. 3 days later, i haven't heard of another team that has an openning request schwartz for an interview for HC.

He was a likable guy, but 31 other teams aren't looking at him as a HC either.

i guess spartacus

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 10:57 AM
such a great choice that we haven't heard of another team interview him yet (washington asked, but they aren't swinging well as they can a guy each year) and people called all the teams that lost on sunday that night. candidates were moving that monday morning. 3 days later, i haven't heard of another team that has an openning request schwartz for an interview for HC.

So what? It wasn't even a couple of days ago that this all went down.

Schwart2 isn't desperate for a job. He already said that.

And are you REALLY the type of guy who only wants someone that everyone else agrees you should want?

Please...

Schwart2 is doing just fine. He doesn't need the Bills.

We'll see if it turns out that the Bills needed him.

Albany,n.y.
01-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Rex has a 67% win percentage in the playoffs. Who is the last Bills coach who we hired with that record?

Strongman
01-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Schwartz was a disaster in Detroit so we dodged a bullet by not promoting him to HC. Frankly, if we did hire him as HC, it would have been the status quo for the Bills. Pegula has shown, by his hiring of Rex, he is very serious about improving this team.

Sammy Avalon
01-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Schwartz worked with a front four that was able to consistently create havoc in the backfield. This with literally no help from the rest of the defense. Not to take anything away from him but I think he's not as awesome as some make him out to be.

I let the Rex Ryan hire sink in a little bit over the past week. Come to find I like it although I'm convinced that the head coaching position has not been the sole problem for the futility of this franchise for the last 15 years. Russ Brandon, Littman and Overdorf are still running the show at 1BD. I really hope they will all get replaced eventually so that a new leadership culture can be instilled. I know this can't happen overnight but sooner or later I hope Pegula will start to clean house.

I hope Sexy Rexy works out but I'm keeping my fingers crossed due the reasons stated above.

better days
01-15-2015, 01:28 PM

OK, explain why Schwartz would have been a better hire than Rex.

stuckincincy
01-15-2015, 01:30 PM
Rex has a 67% win percentage in the playoffs. Who is the last Bills coach who we hired with that record?

After 15 years on the outs, any playoff percentages are meaningless.

better days
01-15-2015, 01:34 PM

4-2 is 67%? I thought it was higher than that.

Guess I suck at math.

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2015, 01:45 PM

And are you REALLY the type of guy who only wants someone that everyone else agrees you should want?

Please...

First of all, you need to fix that Z key on your keyboard, and spell his name right.

Secondly, I'm glad we got a veteran coach who brings in a veteran staff who knows what they're doing right off the bat. I'm so tired of these first time coordinators who waste OUR time to learn the game. This is no rec league soccer, boys. We need people who know what they're doing and hit the ground SPRINTING. Rex and Roman can do that.

stuckincincy
01-15-2015, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Miyagi;4049913]First of all, you need to fix that Z key on your keyboard, and spell his name right.

Lower case z. Hex 7A. The numeral 2 is hex 33.

Sparty should run checks to see if he suffers from keystroke mapper/logger malware. :;:

YardRat
01-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Rex wasn't the best hire because losing Schwart2 means going back to a Ryan/Pettine defense, and the roster we currently have on defense fits Schwart2 much better than Ryan. An offensive guy with HC experience and the ability to bring in assistants with experience on that side of the ball would have been better short term IMO. That window we have all discussed, about being able to take advantage of a dominant defense at or near it's peak before we lose it, has just been closed a little bit more. The best defensive line in football just got a little bit weaker, and the deepest squad on the team (linebacker) just got a little more shallow.

Does that mean Ryan and his staff can't still build on what is here and become successful? Not at all, and I hope they do, but the timeline just got stretched out a little bit farther and that won't come without making some needed changes to the defensive roster which would have been unnecessary if Schwart2 were to stick around.

I fully expect the defense to regress this season, and maybe even next, despite Ryan's assertion that #4 just isn't good enough and he expects better. I don't see it happening too soon, with these players and his scheme.

paladin warrior
01-15-2015, 03:58 PM

I didn't say anything

swiper
01-15-2015, 05:01 PM

Please...

Schwartz gets out of the whole mess smelling like a rose.

Historian
01-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Shiva you've been ralphed....by years of systematic abuse.

That's the move Wilson would have made.

This team fresh start and will hit the ground running.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Miyagi;4049913]First of all, you need to fix that Z key on your keyboard, and spell his name right.

Lower case z. Hex 7A. The numeral 2 is hex 33.

Sparty should run checks to see if he suffers from keystroke mapper/logger malware. :;:

Sparty suffers from spilled coffee and thinks the 2 key is a fine replacement.

CommissarSpartacus
01-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Shiva you've been ralphed....by years of systematic abuse.

That's the move Wilson would have made.

This team fresh start and will hit the ground running.

I totally disagree. Ralph was a reactionary through and through.

You're drinking the kool aid.

Bet the press conference "got you all fired up", huh?

Sorry, but I don't see how I'm supposed to do a 180 on Rex Ryan from two weeks ago just because he wowed Whaley, Brandon and the Pegulas and they gave him a job.

Really. How does that work.

I thought Rex sucked as the Jets coach.

I'm supposed to think he's great today?

djjimkelly
01-15-2015, 07:27 PM
if roman and his power O with a plan is better then hackett and marrone EJ will grow and play well

imbondz
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Nothing in the press conference seemed sincere.

swiper
01-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Nothing in the press conference seemed sincere.

Get used to it. That's Rex to a T.

YardRat
01-16-2015, 04:45 PM
So is the OP guaranteeing a return to the Super Bowl?

THRILLHO
01-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Im not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet:

Did anyone else notice that after we hired Rex, all the other coaching positions started to fill rather quickly?

Im not saying it means anything. But what it could mean: a couple teams were hoping to hire him, lost out on him and went ahead and hired their #2. Again, it may not mean that, but its a possibility. Which would mean we got the #1 coveted guy out there.

HHURRICANE
01-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Im not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet:

Did anyone else notice that after we hired Rex, all the other coaching positions started to fill rather quickly?

Im not saying it means anything. But what it could mean: a couple teams were hoping to hire him, lost out on him and went ahead and hired their #2. Again, it may not mean that, but its a possibility. Which would mean we got the #1 coveted guy out there.

We did get the #1 guy out there.

YardRat
01-17-2015, 04:49 AM
Ryan's name was only linked to three teams, SF went internal and it's really obvious the Falcons are waiting for the next opportunity to interview McDaniels so in most cases I would say no.

So far we've got...Buffalo/Ryan, NYJets/Bowles, Oakland/Del Rio, SanFran/Tomsula, Chicago/Fox with Denver and Atlanta the only openings left, correct?

better days
01-17-2015, 06:14 AM
Ryan's name was only linked to three teams, SF went internal and it's really obvious the Falcons are waiting for the next opportunity to interview McDaniels so in most cases I would say no.

So far we've got...Buffalo/Ryan, NYJets/Bowles, Oakland/Del Rio, SanFran/Tomsula, Chicago/Fox with Denver and Atlanta the only openings left, correct?

Yeah, well look at those Coaches.

I would take Rex over every one of them & Shannahan as well.

CommissarSpartacus
09-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Please...

When's Rex The Friggin' Genius gonna show up?

CommissarSpartacus
09-16-2016, 10:40 AM
Sorry, but I don't see how I'm supposed to do a 180 on Rex Ryan from two weeks ago just because he wowed Whaley, Brandon and the Pegulas and they gave him a job.

Really. How does that work.

I thought Rex sucked as the Jets coach.

I'm supposed to think he's great today?

Nothing's happened to change my mind...

swiper
09-16-2016, 12:25 PM
He made the Jets look like juggernauts. He made Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana. He's a magician!

HHURRICANE
09-16-2016, 12:40 PM
I stand by my post on one condition. Was he in charge of hiring Roman? If he was then I'll admit I was wrong.

DesertFox24
09-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Roman was best part of the team last year!!! Please tell me you are being satirical