Don't laugh, Brian Hoyer could very well be the guy the Bills are looking to add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Don't laugh, Brian Hoyer could very well be the guy the Bills are looking to add

I heard someone with ties to the Steelers mentioned that Hoyer, when asked to throw under 30 times a game, has a very good numbers. This is of course not really news in the industry. This morning I happen to caught Rex's interview with Mike and Mike on way to work; Greenie immediately said after the interview that if the Bills are indeed going to ground and pound route with a QB throw 20 times a game, then Hoyer would be their QB aquisition.

Hoyer will be cheap, made $1.25 million last year. No need to trade assets to get him since he will be an UFA.

I really believe #1 priority this offseason is fixing the running game. And I don't think they are going to rely on soon to be 28 year old Spiller and the oldest running back in NFL to be the main horses. O-Line and RB gets the top billing.

QB is important, but it is not an easy fix and I don't believe they are getting a franchise guy this off season. If any of the RGIII, Bradford, Cutler kind of talent gets to the market, they will jump on it for sure. Right now I expect a veteran brought in to be the starter. EJ as a backup. A developmental guy (a shot for Brady like miracle) to complete the QB roster.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Don't laugh, Brian Hoyer could very well be the guy the Bills are looking to add

Well, I went on record long ago that the Bills should bring in Hoyer.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Re: Don't laugh, Brian Hoyer could very well be the guy the Bills are looking to add

i agree completely. I know some people here think that Aaron Rodgers type of QB's just fall out of the sky every year, but you're correct. This is probably something we will end up doing. or at least something similar to this
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Not a reach at all. He or someone of his ilk will porbably be here, along with another FA or draft pick. Not a fan of the top rated QB's coming out in this draft. Someone picked in the middle/late rounds is probably just as capable.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

I like the idea of using Peyton Manning in the same way. Let him play smart. Don't put too much on his shoulders. Fix the run game. Blow people away.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I like Hoyer. I'm a proponent of bringing him in and let him compete with EJ. Whoever wins the job we will have a decent backup.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
              I like the idea of using Peyton Manning in the same way. Let him play smart. Don't put too much on his shoulders. Fix the run game. Blow people away.
              Except Manning is and will want to be paid, or in team building phrases, command team resources like a guy who wins games for you.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                Not a reach at all. He or someone of his ilk will porbably be here, along with another FA or draft pick. Not a fan of the top rated QB's coming out in this draft. Someone picked in the middle/late rounds is probably just as capable.
                It is possible the Bills could find a hidden gem in the middle rnds that would be as good as Hoyer.

I say sign Hoyer & if they identify a guy they think can do that, draft him as well.

Lets have some COMPETITION for QB this year!

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

The pickings are slim.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Roman may use Hoyer like he did Alex Smith in his 1st year as OC of the 9rs.

Game manager.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      Roman may use Hoyer like he did Alex Smith in his 1st year as OC of the 9rs.

Game manager.
                      With this defense and our RB corp, that's all we need.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Hoyer and Orton are exactly the same.

People infuriated with Orton's performance should want no part of Hoyer.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                          Hoyer and Orton are exactly the same.

People infuriated with Orton's performance should want no part of Hoyer.
                          Do you even watch football? Hoyer has a much stronger arm and is much much more mobile.

I think he's a slower and slightly less athletic version of Kaepernick.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                            With this defense and our RB corp, that's all we need.
                            Bring back Fitz

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                            Do you even watch football? Hoyer has a much stronger arm and is much much more mobile.

I think he's a slower and slightly less athletic version of Kaepernick.
                            Mr. Pink is our resident Browns fan.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              \Mr. Pink is our resident Browns fan.
                              That is even more peculiar.

It's like me saying Freddy Jackson is the Bills version of Darren Sproles. Hello???
                              Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 01-15-2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X