PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Loyal Bills fans

better days
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Over the last 15 years when the Bills have been TERRIBLE much of that time & Mediocre the rest of it, you continued to support the Bills despite some people advising you to stop doing that.

How many threads & posts have we read on all the boards over the years admonishing us for supporting the Bills all these years?

People said why waste your money or time on the Bills?

Well, our support has finally paid off.

Pegula bought the Bills with the promise to keep them in Buffalo because he saw that fan support.

And now the Bills fan base is being talked about as one of the very best in the NFL by everyone!

Mr. Miyagi
01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
My own daughter, who was raised brain-washed to be a Bills fan from infancy, questioned me exactly the same way.

Daddy, why do we root for the Bills? They never ever win!

Well in neither of my daughters' lifetimes they have seen us any good. I can't blame them.

WE WILL OVERCOME!!!

Forward_Lateral
01-16-2015, 06:15 AM
Real fans don't abandon their team when it sucks. That's why Bills fans are the best fans in the world.

Historian
01-16-2015, 06:17 AM
12-4

Night Train
01-16-2015, 06:39 AM
1965 was my first year going to games with the folks and we beat San Diego 23-0 on the road to win the AFL title.

They hooked me, even thought the next 50 years were basically bad 2 out of 3 times.

I like the whole idea of a future dome stadium downtown. For you out of towners, the whole neighborhood is changing for the better down there. So much development and Pegula is a gift from the Gods. He'll learn from his mistakes (Sabres) and get it right long term.

harmonkoz
01-16-2015, 06:50 AM
1965 was my first year going to games with the folks and we beat San Diego 23-0 on the road to win the AFL title.

They hooked me, even thought the next 50 years were basically bad 2 out of 3 times.

I like the whole idea of a future dome stadium downtown. For you out of towners, the whole neighborhood is changing for the better down there. So much development and Pegula is a gift from the Gods. He'll learn from his mistakes (Sabres) and get it right long term.

A domed football stadium in Buffalo is like tits on a bull. Doesn't belong. I am all in for a new downtown stadium though.

OpIv37
01-16-2015, 07:02 AM
My own daughter, who was raised brain-washed to be a Bills fan from infancy, questioned me exactly the same way.

Daddy, why do we root for the Bills? They never ever win!

Well in neither of my daughters' lifetimes they have seen us any good. I can't blame them.

WE WILL OVERCOME!!!

You know what's scary? Kids who entered HS this year weren't even born the last time the Bills were in the playoffs

Night Train
01-16-2015, 07:12 AM
A domed football stadium in Buffalo is like tits on a bull. Doesn't belong. I am all in for a new downtown stadium though.

Good for you. Go sit in Clevelands' stadium in December and see how that works out for you.

Dome will be more useful for the business district and makes financial sense. 1973 is over.

harmonkoz
01-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Good for you. Go sit in Clevelands' stadium in December and see how that works out for you.

Dome will be more useful for the business district and makes financial sense. 1973 is over.

Pfft. Please... I have sat in the Ralph and Lambeau so many times in brutal weather it's not even funny.

Ask Minnesota and St. Louis how their grand domed stadiums worked out. They didn't. Minnesota will be open air, and it looks like St. Louis will be as well. Both were colossal failures. Especially St. Louis were they touted the "usefulness" of a domed stadium in the business district.

The difference between Buffalo and St. Louis? We will be stuck with that piece for twice as long because there won't be money to replace it.

better days
01-16-2015, 07:43 AM
Pfft. Please... I have sat in the Ralph and Lambeau so many times in brutal weather it's not even funny.

Ask Minnesota and St. Louis how their grand domed stadiums worked out. They didn't. Minnesota will be open air, and it looks like St. Louis will be as well. Both were colossal failures. Especially St. Louis were they touted the "usefulness" of a domed stadium in the business district.

The difference between Buffalo and St. Louis? We will be stuck with that piece for twice as long because there won't be money to replace it.

The Minnesota Stadium will be a dome with a translucent roof.

I'm not a fan of domes myself, but that roof in Minnesota will be pretty cool, like a sunroof on a car.

harmonkoz
01-16-2015, 07:52 AM
The Minnesota Stadium will be a dome with a translucent roof.

I'm not a fan of domes myself, but that roof in Minnesota will be pretty cool, like a sunroof on a car.

Damn. You are right. I don't know why outdoor stuck in my head, must have been because that is what the owners wanted. My take is still accurate for St. Louis though. I really dislike domes. If there is tax money involved I can understand NightTrains take, hopefully Pegula does not need it.

better days
01-16-2015, 07:58 AM
Damn. You are right. I don't know why outdoor stuck in my head, must have been because that is what the owners wanted. My take is still accurate for St. Louis though. I really dislike domes. If there is tax money involved I can understand NightTrains take, hopefully Pegula does not need it.

Maybe you thought open air stadium because the Vikings are playing at the University of Minnesota Stadium which is open air until their new stadium is completed.

Bill Cody
01-16-2015, 08:12 AM
domes are gay

Forward_Lateral
01-16-2015, 08:17 AM
The Bills haven't made the playoffs since I started dating my wife.

I told her there might be an issue here.

better days
01-16-2015, 08:21 AM
domes are gay

When I lived in Buffalo, I had season tickets in the club level.

It was nice to have that roof from the upper deck overhead when it rained.

I remember one game in late September or early October, about 50 degrees & it rained so hard for about a quarter, I could hardly see the field, it was a wall of rain.

But I stayed nice & dry in my seat.

I think a roof over the seats like the old Cowboys stadium would be a good way to go.

DesertFox24
01-16-2015, 08:34 AM

I told her there might be an issue here. Lol I had to laugh at this as I started dating my wife in 2001 so same deal. She is a fan though I took her to the Monday night game against Dallas she became hooked. She still does not understand why I get upset when they lose and suck. I tell her is it too much to ask to see them in the playoffs once in my adult life, I was 18 last time they were in and I just want them to be good again.

jamze132
01-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Can you guess who my son's favorite team was two years ago? He's 9 now and is starting to understand football. Yes, it was the Bills. However he has flip-flopped the last two years between the Bronco's and now mom's favorite team, the Seahawks. I can understand him rooting for them since mom does, but daddy is pissed that this kid has no loyalty to a ****ty organization! GO BILLS!

vanbillsfan
01-16-2015, 02:09 PM
WE WILL OVERCOME!!!

Joe Fo Sho
01-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Can you guess who my son's favorite team was two years ago? He's 9 now and is starting to understand football. Yes, it was the Bills. However he has flip-flopped the last two years between the Bronco's and now mom's favorite team, the Seahawks. I can understand him rooting for them since mom does, but daddy is pissed that this kid has no loyalty to a ****ty organization! GO BILLS!

My best friend growing up used to be a Bills fan. When I was about your sons age, my friend kept switching his team from the Bills to the Cowboys to the 49ers to the Packers. I lost all of my respect for him by the time he was 12. He now lives in Buffalo and is a Bills fan. He still has none of my respect.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2015, 06:29 PM

I told her there might be an issue here.

Would you like me to cover your retainer for a divorce lawyer?

Don't Panic
01-16-2015, 09:00 PM
To be fair, I'd say we've been mediocre a lot more than we've been terrible the last 15 years. Point taken though.

USC_Gamecock
01-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Oh man -- can y'all imagine the Ralph when we play our first home playoff game there later this year? I am definitely going to fly out there from Houston and be in attendance! The place is going to be INSANE!!!!!

Getting goosebumps just thinking about it.