• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

looks like Jimbo is trying to get into the Bills front office

Kelly said as much following Ryan’s introductory press conference Wednesday, confirming that he’ll be meeting with owner Terry Pegula in the wake of his talk with Ryan Tuesday night.
    “I’m not looking to do any coaching. I’m hopefully in a short time sitting down with Terry and talking with him,” said Kelly. “I’ve already talked to Rex about a few of my ideas. But right now he needs to settle in. He needs to understand who his staff is. Yeah I’d like to give my two cents where I feel it’s needed, whether it’s the quarterback position or the wide receiver position, two positions that I feel are my strong points.
    “He’s putting his staff together, but I would love to sit down and say, ‘This is good, this is bad.’ I am an armchair quarterback, but I don’t look at the game like a typical fan does. I don’t follow the ball. I follow what receivers do if they’re being bumped. I follow what coverage it is. I follow when the linebackers are blitzing and rotating and where the quarterback should be looking. I look at the game completely different than your average fan. I look at it as a quarterback.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/01/15/kelly-willing-to-provide-input-if-wanted/
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: looks like Jimbo is trying to get into the Bills front office

Sad

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

He's a better consultant czar than that Marrone/Orton loving Polian at ESPN.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I would prefer he continue his role as ambassador at select events, and if he wants to be more involved give EJ (hell, even Tuel and whoever) some intensive one on one tutoring this off season. I don't think Rex and Roman really need his input, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to hear him out and take it or leave it.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          He's a better consultant czar than that Marrone/Orton loving Polian at ESPN.
          He's not politicking for a czar position.

hes politicking for a quality control position.

Comment

• Rob on the Job
            Proud Supervillain
            • Dec 2014

Terry Pegula clearly loves the Buffalo heroes of yesteryear.

If Jim Kelly wants a front-office post, he'll get one.

That's good news if Ernie Di, Randy Smith Bob Kauffman, Bob McAdoo or any of the old Buffalo Braves needs a job.
            Last edited by Rob on the Job; 01-15-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rob on the Job View Post
              Terry Pegula clearly loves the Buffalo heroes of yesteryear.

If Jim Kelly wants a front-office post, he'll get one.

That's good news if Ernie Di, Randy Smith Bob Kauffman, Bob McAdoo or any of the old Buffalo Braves needs a job.
              Well Randy died a few years ago, so...

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

i dont think thats necessarily any of jims expectations. you could be right but i also dont see why he cant just be doing what he says hes doing, pitching in if they want it. and why wouldnt you listen to him. im sure rex can spare a handful of minutes here and there, it could be useful or maybe just enjoyable. just dont see why it has to be bc he wants a j.o.b.
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Jim Kelly would be a good addition to look at some video and teach the players what they did right and wrong...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    Sad
                    What is sad about it?

Comment

• DesertFox24
                      • Jul 2005

Get Jim to work with the QBs like Marino worked with the QBs in Miami. More offseason fundamentals stuff, maybe another guy to watch the game film with after he watches with the coaches.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        He's not politicking for a czar position.

hes politicking for a quality control position.
                        In Food & Beverage?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

he's still pretty fresh off recovery. i think he's best fit to do what he's doing. limited engagements supporting the team. why tarnish the reputation. we seem to be in steady hands now. so let's let that coaching staff do what they can with minimal complications.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

I don't think Jim has the drive and work ethic (due to his health) to be a core member of this coaching staff. During the season, they work 15+ hour days.

While I love Jim, I don't see any evidence that he knows how to evaluate talent or is up to date with new schemes or current trends in the NFL. Sure, he knows more than me, for example, but that's irrelevant. I don't think Rex Ryan or Greg Roman need his advice on how to play Chess with Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll.

If anything, he can be a visible figure / Bills ambassador, and help to lure potential free agents here. Other than that, I see no role for him.

Comment

• RandolphDuke
                              • Sep 2008

Nobody loves JK more than I do, but he needs to have a coke and a smile and stfu.

Comment

Working...
                              X