PDA

View Full Version : looks like Jimbo is trying to get into the Bills front office

DetDannyWilliams
01-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Kelly said as much following Ryan’s introductory press conference Wednesday, confirming that he’ll be meeting with owner Terry Pegula in the wake of his talk with Ryan Tuesday night.
“I’m not looking to do any coaching. I’m hopefully in a short time sitting down with Terry and talking with him,” said Kelly. “I’ve already talked to Rex about a few of my ideas. But right now he needs to settle in. He needs to understand who his staff is. Yeah I’d like to give my two cents where I feel it’s needed, whether it’s the quarterback position or the wide receiver position, two positions that I feel are my strong points.
“He’s putting his staff together, but I would love to sit down and say, ‘This is good, this is bad.’ I am an armchair quarterback, but I don’t look at the game like a typical fan does. I don’t follow the ball. I follow what receivers do if they’re being bumped. I follow what coverage it is. I follow when the linebackers are blitzing and rotating and where the quarterback should be looking. I look at the game completely different than your average fan. I look at it as a quarterback.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/01/15/kelly-willing-to-provide-input-if-wanted/

coastal
01-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Sad

Night Train
01-15-2015, 03:34 PM
He's a better consultant czar than that Marrone/Orton loving Polian at ESPN.

YardRat
01-15-2015, 03:36 PM
I would prefer he continue his role as ambassador at select events, and if he wants to be more involved give EJ (hell, even Tuel and whoever) some intensive one on one tutoring this off season. I don't think Rex and Roman really need his input, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to hear him out and take it or leave it.

coastal
01-15-2015, 03:36 PM
He's a better consultant czar than that Marrone/Orton loving Polian at ESPN.
He's not politicking for a czar position.

hes politicking for a quality control position.

Rob on the Job
01-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Terry Pegula clearly loves the Buffalo heroes of yesteryear.

If Jim Kelly wants a front-office post, he'll get one.

That's good news if Ernie Di, Randy Smith Bob Kauffman, Bob McAdoo or any of the old Buffalo Braves needs a job.

WagonCircler
01-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Terry Pegula clearly loves the Buffalo heroes of yesteryear.

If Jim Kelly wants a front-office post, he'll get one.

That's good news if Ernie Di, Randy Smith Bob Kauffman, Bob McAdoo or any of the old Buffalo Braves needs a job.

Well Randy died a few years ago, so...

Meathead
01-15-2015, 03:47 PM
i dont think thats necessarily any of jims expectations. you could be right but i also dont see why he cant just be doing what he says hes doing, pitching in if they want it. and why wouldnt you listen to him. im sure rex can spare a handful of minutes here and there, it could be useful or maybe just enjoyable. just dont see why it has to be bc he wants a j.o.b.

jamze132
01-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Jim Kelly would be a good addition to look at some video and teach the players what they did right and wrong...

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Sad
What is sad about it?

DesertFox24
01-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Get Jim to work with the QBs like Marino worked with the QBs in Miami. More offseason fundamentals stuff, maybe another guy to watch the game film with after he watches with the coaches.

SpikedLemonade
01-16-2015, 03:03 PM
He's not politicking for a czar position.

hes politicking for a quality control position.

In Food & Beverage?

trapezeus
01-16-2015, 03:59 PM
he's still pretty fresh off recovery. i think he's best fit to do what he's doing. limited engagements supporting the team. why tarnish the reputation. we seem to be in steady hands now. so let's let that coaching staff do what they can with minimal complications.

Lexwhat
01-16-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't think Jim has the drive and work ethic (due to his health) to be a core member of this coaching staff. During the season, they work 15+ hour days.

While I love Jim, I don't see any evidence that he knows how to evaluate talent or is up to date with new schemes or current trends in the NFL. Sure, he knows more than me, for example, but that's irrelevant. I don't think Rex Ryan or Greg Roman need his advice on how to play Chess with Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll.

If anything, he can be a visible figure / Bills ambassador, and help to lure potential free agents here. Other than that, I see no role for him.

RandolphDuke
01-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Nobody loves JK more than I do, but he needs to have a coke and a smile and stfu.

better days
01-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Well, I think it is great that Jim feels up to helping the Bills.

And I think he could teach the QB's a thing or two.

Kelly ran the offense when he was QB of the Bills & he knew where to go with the ball, when to call a run play vs a pass play.

djjimkelly
01-17-2015, 07:08 AM
love kelly but.........

time for jim to relax and be a fan like everyone else. he has zero skills IMO to have anything to do with roster building or scheming..

thanks but no thanks

better days
01-17-2015, 07:20 AM
love kelly but.........

time for jim to relax and be a fan like everyone else. he has zero skills IMO to have anything to do with roster building or scheming..

thanks but no thanks

I guess you are too young to know that Kelly ran the Bills offense when he was QB.

Kelly called all of the plays, not the OC.

Kelly would be a valuable person to have teach the QB's.

djjimkelly
01-17-2015, 08:00 AM
I guess you are too young to know that Kelly ran the Bills offense when he was QB.

Kelly called all of the plays, not the OC.

Kelly would be a valuable person to have teach the QB's.

im not doubting kely and im old enough to remember the glory days(turning 42 this year but feeling 32 :)). but hes fighting cancer off fully and should focus on that and not what is IMO beyond a healthy JIM

better days
01-17-2015, 09:14 AM
im not doubting kely and im old enough to remember the glory days(turning 42 this year but feeling 32 :)). but hes fighting cancer off fully and should focus on that and not what is IMO beyond a healthy JIM

Kelly will not be HC or GM or even the main QB Coach.

I have no doubt he could contribute with his knowledge though.