If the Bills want to be ground and pound how about Adrian Peterson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Owen DeBoard
    • Sep 2007

If the Bills want to be ground and pound how about Adrian Peterson?

If this team wants to be a ground and pound team why not go after Adrian Peterson and then you could live with an mediocre QB. I know its a pipedream and probably never happen but that would help give another year to find a better QB.
    To be the man you got to beat the man!
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: If the Bills want to be ground and pound how about Adrian Peterson?

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard View Post
    If this team wants to be a ground and pound team why not go after Adrian Peterson and then you could live with an mediocre QB. I know its a pipedream and probably never happen but that would help give another year to find a better QB.
    I heard a caller on WGR say this a few days ago.

The hosts shot him down, but I think it is a good idea.

I would trade a third for him.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Switch hitter?
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
        Switch hitter?
        Well, that is how Peterson was raised. It was an accepted form of punishment in his mind.

My father hit me & my brothers with a belt when we needed it just as his father did to him.

And I used to spend summers at my grandfathers, slept in the same room my father slept in as a boy.

My Grandfather never hit me, but that belt was still hanging on a hook on that bedroom door.
        Last edited by better days; 01-16-2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

He will end up in Dallas, I bet.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
            Well, that is how Peterson was raised. It was an accepted form of punishment in his mind.

My father hit me & my brothers with a belt when we needed it just as his father did to him.

And I used to spend summers at my grandfathers, slept in the same room my father slept in as a boy.

My Grandfather never hit me, but that belt was still hanging on a hook on that bedroom door.
            I have no objection to his disciplining his kid.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

what he did to his kid crossed the line from discipline to child abuse. Peterson apologists should look at the pictures. Pass.

Comment

• Spartacus
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard View Post
                If this team wants to be a ground and pound team why not go after Adrian Peterson ...
                Great idea. Adrian Peterson loves ground and pound so much, it's his parenting philosophy!
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                  • Mar 2003

I wondered what your problem was...
                  My tebya razdavim

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I would not be opposed to it, but Kim Pegula might have a different view of Peterson.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• delectrolux
                      • May 2007

Aside from the fact that he whipped a 4-year old, this is the lamest excuse ever. You're an adult with a functioning brain living in the current world. Take responsibilities for your own actions. "Well, my dad was a bigot, so I am too...", "Well, my dad beat my Mom, so I beat my wife..."

At least Peterson had the brains enough to state that he understands now that he was wrong and that the level of discipline was excessive to the point of injury.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i would hope we looked at demarco murray ahead of AP. that's not to say i think demarco murray is worth the fumbling problem, but if there is a rb to add to the arsenal, i would hope its demarco. younger, perhaps can fix the fumbling, and doesn't have this scandal around him. same is true for whoever brings up ray rice's name.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Setting aside the kid issue, big money on free agent halfbacks is a losing game IMO. Peterson's a freak, but that's too high a risk.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

We all know he's gonna end up in New England.

Vereen and Ridley have their issues, fumbling, staying healthy...

All Day would be a perfect fit for their offense and it would give him a chance to win a ring, which after years of losing in Minnesota will be an attractive option.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              We all know he's gonna end up in New England.
                              I doubt it

Comment

Working...
                              X