PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills want to be ground and pound how about Adrian Peterson?

Owen DeBoard
01-16-2015, 08:32 AM
If this team wants to be a ground and pound team why not go after Adrian Peterson and then you could live with an mediocre QB. I know its a pipedream and probably never happen but that would help give another year to find a better QB.

better days
01-16-2015, 08:36 AM
If this team wants to be a ground and pound team why not go after Adrian Peterson and then you could live with an mediocre QB. I know its a pipedream and probably never happen but that would help give another year to find a better QB.

I heard a caller on WGR say this a few days ago.

The hosts shot him down, but I think it is a good idea.

I would trade a third for him.

stuckincincy
01-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Switch hitter? :cp:

better days
01-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Switch hitter? :cp:

Well, that is how Peterson was raised. It was an accepted form of punishment in his mind.

My father hit me & my brothers with a belt when we needed it just as his father did to him.

And I used to spend summers at my grandfathers, slept in the same room my father slept in as a boy.

My Grandfather never hit me, but that belt was still hanging on a hook on that bedroom door.

casdhf
01-16-2015, 08:49 AM
He will end up in Dallas, I bet.

stuckincincy
01-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Well, that is how Peterson was raised. It was an accepted form of punishment in his mind.

My father hit me & my brothers with a belt when we needed it just as his father did to him.

And I used to spend summers at my grandfathers, slept in the same room my father slept in as a boy.

My Grandfather never hit me, but that belt was still hanging on a hook on that bedroom door.

I have no objection to his disciplining his kid.

Bill Cody
01-16-2015, 10:20 AM
what he did to his kid crossed the line from discipline to child abuse. Peterson apologists should look at the pictures. Pass.

CommissarSpartacus
01-16-2015, 10:26 AM
If this team wants to be a ground and pound team why not go after Adrian Peterson ...

Great idea. Adrian Peterson loves ground and pound so much, it's his parenting philosophy!

CommissarSpartacus
01-16-2015, 10:28 AM

I wondered what your problem was...

justasportsfan
I would not be opposed to it, but Kim Pegula might have a different view of Peterson.

delectrolux

Aside from the fact that he whipped a 4-year old, this is the lamest excuse ever. You're an adult with a functioning brain living in the current world. Take responsibilities for your own actions. "Well, my dad was a bigot, so I am too...", "Well, my dad beat my Mom, so I beat my wife..."

At least Peterson had the brains enough to state that he understands now that he was wrong and that the level of discipline was excessive to the point of injury.

trapezeus
i would hope we looked at demarco murray ahead of AP. that's not to say i think demarco murray is worth the fumbling problem, but if there is a rb to add to the arsenal, i would hope its demarco. younger, perhaps can fix the fumbling, and doesn't have this scandal around him. same is true for whoever brings up ray rice's name.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Setting aside the kid issue, big money on free agent halfbacks is a losing game IMO. Peterson's a freak, but that's too high a risk.

Mr. Pink
01-16-2015, 10:41 AM
We all know he's gonna end up in New England.

Vereen and Ridley have their issues, fumbling, staying healthy...

All Day would be a perfect fit for their offense and it would give him a chance to win a ring, which after years of losing in Minnesota will be an attractive option.

Bill Cody
01-16-2015, 11:01 AM
We all know he's gonna end up in New England.

I doubt it

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Yes get Freaking AP!!!! LOVE IT

Ed
01-16-2015, 12:02 PM
No thanks to Peterson, but why would he even consider coming here? I'm pretty sure all he cares about at this point is trying to win a superbowl. He's not going to be interested in a team that hasn't even made the playoffs in 15 years and has a huge question mark at qb.

jamze132
01-16-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm sure we can find a decent RB in the draft. Big money RBs are a thing of the past.

It does sound like Spiller is coming back, Jackson is still the emotional leader and is still effective, and Boobie is a solid slammer. If we had a RB through the draft in RD 3/4, we'll be just fine.

better days
01-17-2015, 06:30 AM
Aside from the fact that he whipped a 4-year old, this is the lamest excuse ever. You're an adult with a functioning brain living in the current world. Take responsibilities for your own actions. "Well, my dad was a bigot, so I am too...", "Well, my dad beat my Mom, so I beat my wife..."

At least Peterson had the brains enough to state that he understands now that he was wrong and that the level of discipline was excessive to the point of injury.

People act like the kid lost an arm or a leg.

He got a few scratches & welts. I'm sure he has recovered.

The problem in this world today is there is no discipline anymore.

Ingtar33
01-17-2015, 09:22 AM
He will end up in Dallas, I bet.

yep. Word out of dallas is jerry jones wants him bad. this is part of the reason why they won't pay DeMarco Murray; expect murray to be a free agent this off season. If you want to improve your RB position he'll probably be the best one on the market.

CommissarSpartacus
01-17-2015, 10:06 AM
People act like the kid lost an arm or a leg.

He got a few scratches & welts. I'm sure he has recovered.

The problem in this world today is there is no discipline anymore.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/07/0747b6dabed8b79f877e55f78c440802353d3cc45a872da612e554c5504baec8.jpg