PDA

View Full Version : Marrone cancels interview with Denver

Mace
01-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Because he has another job, you say ? Oh heck no.

Former Bills HC Doug Marrone cancelled his Denver HC interview scheduled for Saturday; wants to wait to see what happens with Gary Kubiak.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 16, 2015 (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/556185458297032705)

From : http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/1/16/7559149/marrone-cancels-interview-in-denver

The Doug needs not deign to waste time on the likes of John Elway unless it's on his terms. Fierce competitor that he is, going mano a man against Kubiak in an interview process is beneath him.

You have to love a guy who plays hardball with a job market that has no demand for his services.

SpikedLemonade
01-16-2015, 02:48 PM
So he senses Kubiak will get the Denver HC position so he doesn't want to waste his time?

Marrone may end up never coaching in the NFL again with his attitude.

GvilleBills
01-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Because he has another job, you say ? Oh heck no.

From : http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/1/16/7559149/marrone-cancels-interview-in-denver

The Doug needs not deign to waste time on the likes of John Elway unless it's on his terms. Fierce competitor that he is, going mano a man against Kubiak in an interview process is beneath him.

You have to love a guy who plays hardball with a job market that has no demand for his services.

Marrone is writing the manual for "how to self destruct ones NFL coaching career in a few easy steps"

Mace
01-16-2015, 03:15 PM
So he senses Kubiak will get the Denver HC position so he doesn't want to waste his time?

Marrone may end up never coaching in the NFL again with his attitude.

Yup. The Doug has no need to form contacts with rabble like Elway.

He'll end up being a consultant in Houston by the grace of Bill O'Brien.

SpikedLemonade
01-16-2015, 03:27 PM

He'll end up being a consultant in Houston by the grace of Bill O'Brien.

Bill O'Brien is the idiot who had no OC last year.

Perhaps he gives Marrone the OC position with all the responsibility Marrone had when he was Sean Payton's OC in New Orleans.

DraftBoy
01-16-2015, 03:29 PM
I've heard of going down in flames, but woo Dougie sure is trying to set everything he touches on fire.

GvilleBills
01-16-2015, 03:46 PM
I've heard of going down in flames, but woo Dougie sure is trying to set everything he touches on fire.

Yep. Now it even burns when he pees...

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-16-2015, 03:49 PM
wow. definition of a quitter. even quits before he started the interview

Mace
01-16-2015, 03:51 PM
wow. definition of a quitter. even quits before he started the interview

No no no. You misunderstand The Doug. He perfectly executed a controlled aggressive advance to the rear.

cookie G
01-16-2015, 03:53 PM
I still think there is a good chance he ends up with the Bucs.

YardRat
01-16-2015, 03:56 PM
lol...What a piece of work...just when you think he's pulled the dumbest stunt possible, he goes one better.

trapezeus
01-16-2015, 03:56 PM
he has no competitive fire, which is exactly how our offensive philosphy was under him.

goodriddance.

Mace
01-16-2015, 03:57 PM

Really ? Why ? I'm asking seriously, I haven't even heard them mention interest.

cookie G
01-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Really ? Why ? I'm asking seriously, I haven't even heard them mention interest.

Not those Bucs.

These Bucs.

http://www.oswegopopwarner.com/football/

Not sure he can handle the parents complaining that "you didn't play my kid!"

Mrs. Urbik, Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Spiller might have proved too much for him.

Fixxxer
01-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Maybe he realized he wouldn't be able to assemble a professional staff after he quit on the last one.

DynaPaul
01-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Elway is looking for a win now guy who will get them a Super Bowl... that's not Phoney Marroney. Also, Hackett is interviewing for the OC position in Jacksonville after his butt buddy didn't get the job.

black N yellow
01-16-2015, 04:49 PM
maybe he has an opt out clause on interviews too.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Rarely will you hear me say you deserve it, but well Douche Moron you deserve this. Enjoy coaching in the D3 championships.

RedEyE
01-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Hackett interviewing is just another indicator that Marrone hasn't a shot in hell at getting another HC job this year. Im curious to hear Hacketts comments on all of this. I bet Marrone didnt offer his buddy a chunk of his clause option winnings.

Mace
01-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Hackett interviewing is just another indicator that Marrone hasn't a shot in hell at getting another HC job this year. Im curious to hear Hacketts comments on all of this. I bet Marrone didnt offer his buddy a chunk of his clause option winnings.

If Hackett has an ounce of professional, which I'm guessing he does, via his old man, we'll never hear a word from him. Maybe he'll work under Marrone again, that's how the biz works. Or maybe after a few years of experience Hackett will be hiring Marrone.

BertSquirtgum
01-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Douche Moron. I like it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Rarely will you hear me say you deserve it, but well Douche Moron you deserve this. Enjoy coaching in the D3 championships.
My son plays D3 football... Don't insult D3 football by intimating that Marrone would be welcome there :)

Mr. Pink
01-16-2015, 08:15 PM
Marrone belongs back in the NCAA.

Although with all of these shenanigans he's pulling I dunno if anyone would be willing to hire him.

Enjoy your 4m severance/retirement from coaching St. Doug!

Night Train
01-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Starting to look like Marrone will be out of football this coming year.

Karma.

Downinfloflo
01-16-2015, 10:31 PM
This idiot walking away from Buffalo was such a blessing.

feldspar
01-17-2015, 01:49 AM
The guy dug his own grave here. No question. I mean, how did he think his actions were going to be perceived? Yeah, he got his $4 million, but quitting his team is going to cost him a lot more than that in the long run, I'd say. Look at how many other people's lives he turned upside down through his selfish act. Left many, many people scrambling, relocating, etc.

*** him, and I'll always feel that way. Lost miles of respect from tons of people in a business that runs on respect, or at least the perception of respect.

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 04:09 AM

He'll end up being a consultant in Houston by the grace of Bill O'Brien.Well, I wouldn't want to form a contact with John Elway either. He is one of the biggest ass holes you would ever meet.

swiper
01-17-2015, 04:42 AM
Well, I wouldn't want to form a contact with John Elway either. He is one of the biggest ass holes you would ever meet.

Well I would never let him contact my ass either.

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 04:43 AM
Well I would never let him contact my ass either....and it's such a nice ass.:D

YardRat
01-17-2015, 04:54 AM
Yeah, burning bridges isn't exactly the best model for career advancement.

sudzy
01-17-2015, 05:57 AM
Marrone abandoned his assistants when he quit the Bills. They all lost their jobs because his selfish act. If he ever got another HC job, I would think it would have to be an assistant's only offer for them to take it. All things he should have thought of before his career suicide attempt.

better days
01-17-2015, 06:00 AM

NO!!!!!!!! Just NO!!!!!!!!!

Forward_Lateral
01-17-2015, 06:03 AM
His interview with Elway would last about 10 seconds probably anyways.

better days
01-17-2015, 06:03 AM
Well, I wouldn't want to form a contact with John Elway either. He is one of the biggest ass holes you would ever meet.

Well Elway & Marrone should get along great then.

Two of a kind.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-17-2015, 06:38 AM
Marrone abandoned his assistants when he quit the Bills. They all lost their jobs because his selfish act. If he ever got another HC job, I would think it would have to be an assistant's only offer for them to take it. All things he should have thought of before his career suicide attempt.

Ever been to Mobile, Alabama in senior bowl week? If you are a head coach, especially having an opening, there are 10 guys, or "would-be coaches", on you every second like walking down Avenue Atlantica in Rio de Janeiro, hotel lobbies, streets, whatever, trying to give you resume, telling you about them.

Skooby
01-17-2015, 06:42 AM
He even punts on interviews.

better days
01-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Ever been to Mobile, Alabama in senior bowl week? If you are a head coach, especially having an opening, there are 10 guys, or "would-be coaches", on you every second like walking down Avenue Atlantica in Rio de Janeiro, hotel lobbies, streets, whatever, trying to give you resume, telling you about them.

Yeah, it is well known that Mobile is the place the unemployed Coaches look for work Senior bowl week.

RedEyE
01-17-2015, 07:25 AM

Hahahahahahhahaha

Forward_Lateral
01-17-2015, 07:43 AM

lol

BuffaloRedleg
01-17-2015, 08:04 AM
I think he took one look at the roster and refused to be a part of a team that would have so few opportunities to punt.

don137
01-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Even if Marrone landed a head coaching job what idiot would want to be an assistant under him after he basically screwed his whole coaching staff in Buffalo by quitting on them and leaving them to high and dry to go find another job. They all would have a job if Marrone stayed on.
In hindsight as a Bills fan I was in disbelief at first and wanted the continuity of the same coaching staff but I feel we upgraded big time in the head coach and OC positions. I think the offense will be much improved under Roman. Defense I am not sure. Tough to do better than what Schwartz did however, Ryan is a guru so if their is a drop it will be slight.

justasportsfan
01-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Even if Marrone landed a head coaching job what idiot would want to be an assistant under him after he basically screwed his whole coaching staff in Buffalo by quitting on them and leaving them to high and dry to go find another job. They all would have a job if Marrone stayed on.

He has an excuse "I tried to get an extension for all of us but the Pegulas said no".

Hopefully they can see that he was just trying to posture himself so he'd have something to tell them. Anyone who expects to get an extension after 2 seasons without making playoffs is an idiot.

He got his 4 million and left everyone else to rot.

sudzy
01-17-2015, 11:12 AM
He has an excuse "I tried to get an extension for all of us but the Pegulas said no".

He didn't have to quit. Then those coaches wouldn't have been out of work. I can just imagine Hackett's conversation with Doug, now. "Hey buddy. Next time you want to help me out, do me a favor and DON'T".
In the end it was the best thing that could have happened to the Bills.

better days
01-17-2015, 11:28 AM

Hopefully they can see that he was just trying to posture himself so he'd have something to tell them. Anyone who expects to get an extension after 2 seasons without making playoffs is an idiot.

He got his 4 million and left everyone else to rot.

Especially with two years left on his contract, Marrone had no reason to expect an extension.

Strongman
01-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Marrone is damaged goods and will be lucky to be a HC in the NFL ever again. When Bill Polian talks about the traits of a good HC in his book, one of the 11 qualities he brings up is character. After the players (especially someone like Freddy) lambasted him, no NFL player is ever going to buy into what this man has to say. His credibility is shot.

Some teams will bring him in to kick the tires, but this will be more of a due diligence thing instead of real consideration.

BTW, he is also severely lacking in a number of other qualities Polian thinks are important for a good HC to have.

BertSquirtgum
01-17-2015, 03:26 PM

Stolen from PFT. Good job.

Skooby
01-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Stolen from PFT. Good job.

Love your new trailer park name, good job.

BertSquirtgum
01-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Love your new trailer park name, good job.

Don't get all butt hurt because you stole good lines from someone else

YardRat
01-18-2015, 06:04 AM
Marrone is damaged goods and will be lucky to be a HC in the NFL ever again. When Bill Polian talks about the traits of a good HC in his book, one of the 11 qualities he brings up is character. After the players (especially someone like Freddy) lambasted him, no NFL player is ever going to buy into what this man has to say. His credibility is shot.

Some teams will bring him in to kick the tires, but this will be more of a due diligence thing instead of real consideration.

BTW, he is also severely lacking in a number of other qualities Polian thinks are important for a good HC to have.

And yet Polian actually considered Marrone a candidate for COTY.

Strongman
01-18-2015, 06:10 AM

That's true. Talk about irony!

better days
01-18-2015, 08:45 AM

Evidence Polian has gotten senile.

I am happy he did not want to come to the Bills as well.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Evidence Polian has gotten senile.

I am happy he did not want to come to the Bills as well.So, he's senile because he doesn't agree with you?

More proof of the egoism and ageism of American Youth.

I would have loved Polian in the fold.

better days
01-18-2015, 09:19 AM
So, he's senile because he doesn't agree with you?

More proof of the egoism and ageism of American Youth.

I would have loved Polian in the fold.

You only wanted Polian because of the PAST.

He has not done anything that merits accolades for a LONG time.

And I will be 64 years old this year.

swiper
01-18-2015, 09:23 AM
You must have seen better days.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 09:24 AM
lol...

better days
01-18-2015, 09:25 AM
You must have seen better days.

That is the truth.

Night Train
01-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Bye Doug. Hope the 4 million dollar pillow helps you sleep well at night.

Make it last for many years since future earnings may be zero for a while.

Asshat.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 09:38 AM
You only wanted Polian because of the PAST.

He has not done anything that merits accolades for a LONG time.

And I will be 64 years old this year.He still has league wide connections and his football acumen is still sound.

If you are indeed 63, you would not be leveling the senility charge or, evidently, with age did not come wisdom in your case.

better days
01-18-2015, 09:47 AM
He still has league wide connections and his football acumen is still sound.

If you are indeed 63, you would not be leveling the senility charge or, evidently, with age did not come wisdom in your case.

I live in SW Fla. At 63, I am younger than many of those around me.

I know a guy who is 99 years old & is still mentally sharp & Physically does not even use a cane & just stopped driving.

I also know of others that show the signs of senility in their 70's.

I question how sound Polians football acumen still is if he thinks Marrone deserves to be considered for Coach of the year honors.

And I think Polian would have used his influence on the Pegula's to eventually get his son a job with the Bills.

Polian was fired from the Colts for a reason.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 09:49 AM

lol..."I've got the biggest dick in kindergarten too!"

Skooby
01-18-2015, 09:53 AM

I know a guy who is 99 years old & is still mentally sharp & Physically does not even use a cane & just stopped driving.

I question how sound Polians football acumen still is if he thinks Marrone deserves to be considered for Coach of the year honors.

And I think Polian would have used his influence on the Pegula's to eventually get his son a job with the Bills.

Polian was fired from the Colts for a reason.

You're a spring chicken here.

better days
01-18-2015, 10:02 AM
You're a spring chicken here.

And I still climb up the roof like I did as a kid, only now I am pressure washing mold off the roof, not turning the antenna to watch Bills Championship games.

And I still cut the grass on our acre lot.

My son in law is in his 40's & is always complaining about pain from something.

He can't do this because his back hurts, or he he can't do that because his stomach hurts.

Well, I have pain too, but I deal with it.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 10:05 AM

Polian was fired from the Colts for a reason.:rofl: Yeah, they went 1-15 with Manning out for the season. Besides, Jimmy Irsay is an asswipe. Polian built the team that won him a Super Bowl and when they fell on hard times, he scapegoated Polian.

Like I said, you don't sound like you've used your experience in years to make good judgements.

No.1. You don't know if Polian is suffering from mental difficulties,, you only know what he has said concerning Marrone which I agree with. He should be in COTY consideration. He took a team that lost numerous players to injury, a mediocre QB to 9-7 and a **** hair from the playoffs.

No. 2, You seem like a butthurt twentysomething by jumping on the bandwagon and playing the blame game. You now have a man crush on the new HC, which he hasn't even earned yet.

If that doesn't smack of immaturity, I don't know what does and the reason I doubt you are as old as you say.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 10:06 AM
I can't walk a roof like I used to.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 10:07 AM
I can't walk a roof like I used to.I can't either. That senility induced vertigo is a *****.

better days
01-18-2015, 10:15 AM
:rofl: Yeah, they went 1-15 with Manning out for the season. Besides, Jimmy Irsay is an asswipe. Polian built the team that won him a Super Bowl and when they fell on hard times, he scapegoated Polian.

Like I said, you don't sound like you've used your experience in years to make good judgements.

No.1. You don't know if Polian is suffering from mental difficulties,, you only know what he has said concerning Marrone which I agree with. He should be in COTY consideration. He took a team that lost numerous players to injury, a mediocre QB to 9-7 and a **** hair from the playoffs.

No. 2, You seem like a butthurt twentysomething by jumping on the bandwagon and playing the blame game. You now have a man crush on the new HC, which he hasn't even earned yet.

If that doesn't smack of immaturity, I don't know what does and the reason I doubt you are as old as you say.

Why do you think I am not making good judgments? Because I disagree with you about Polian?

If you look at my past posts about Rex, you will see I have been a fan of his for a long time.

I did not just jump on the Rex bandwagon.

And I LMAO at the Marrone record.

In the first place, Schwartz was MUCH more responsible for that record than Marrone was.

In the second place the Bills record would have been much better if Marrone did not screw up the roster...not playing Mike Williams, Goodwin or Urbik.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Why do you think I am not making good judgments? Because I disagree with you about Polian?

If you look at my past posts about Rex, you will see I have been a fan of his for a long time.

I did not just jump on the Rex bandwagon.

And I LMAO at the Marrone record.

In the first place, Schwartz was MUCH more responsible for that record than Marrone was.

In the second place the Bills record would have been much better if Marrone did not screw up the roster...not playing Mike Williams, Goodwin or Urbik.Whatever, Man. You are making some huge assumptions based on conjecture. Hop on Rexy's dick and bash Polian as senile.

You Go Boy!!!!!!

better days
01-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Whatever, Man. You are making some huge assumptions based on conjecture. Hop on Rexy's dick and bash Polian as senile.

You Go Boy!!!!!!

I don't really know if Polian is senile or not.

I do know Polian should not be promoting him as Coach of the year & I know I am happy Polian will not have undue influence over Pegula.

You can wait to jump on the Rex bandwagon, but i have a front row seat.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 11:11 AM
I don't really know if Polian is senile or not.

I do know Polian should not be promoting him as Coach of the year & I know I am happy Polian will not have undue influence over Pegula.

You can wait to jump on the Rex bandwagon, but i have a front row seat.So, it's about being correct and in the front row, eh. I thought that **** was for the youngsters.

Like I said before, I don't like Ryan, but will support him. Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic based on his former players statements and his defensive acumen. Will I be surprised if this is a Jets redux.....No.

better days
01-18-2015, 11:23 AM
So, it's about being correct and in the front row, eh. I thought that **** was for the youngsters.

Like I said before, I don't like Ryan, but will support him. Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic based on his former players statements and his defensive acumen. Will I be surprised if this is a Jets redux.....No.

As I said, I have been a Rex fan for a long time.

So the front row is not about any desire I have, it is just a matter of fact.

And I have no doubt you will support Rex & will jump on board at some point.

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 11:33 AM
As I said, I have been a Rex fan for a long time.

So the front row is not about any desire I have, it is just a matter of fact.

And I have no doubt you will support Rex & will jump on board at some point.I'm already on board with the team...win, lose or draw. I have been for 53 years. I just am not going to anoint Rex as some kind of savior even if we make the playoffs next year.

Like I keep telling you guys, the players win, the coaches just help. Execution of the game plan and the plays is the most important thing. No coach, even Lombardi can win a game. They can only make sure the team is prepared for the opponent.

better days
01-18-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm already on board with the team...win, lose or draw. I have been for 53 years. I just am not going to anoint Rex as some kind of savior even if we make the playoffs next year.

Like I keep telling you guys, the players win, the coaches just help. Execution of the game plan and the plays is the most important thing. No coach, even Lombardi can win a game. They can only make sure the team is prepared for the opponent.

So you think it is ALL Brady that the Pats* are playing today?

Belicheck has LITTLE to do with it?

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-18-2015, 11:39 AM

Belicheck has LITTLE to do with it?

No, I think most of us know that the colts will be going up against brady, belicheat and the refs

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 11:41 AM

Belicheck has LITTLE to do with it?Belichick is a great game planner and in game adjuster. Put David Carr or Joey Harrington behind center and they lose.

psubills62
01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
One of Marrone's best attributes was getting big names to coach the defense. We seemed to rarely be able to hire guys like Pettine and Schwartz before Marrone came along. Can't imagine this is going to help his rapport at all with future assistant coaches.