Would Peyton Manning Want To Finish His Career In Buffalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Would Peyton Manning Want To Finish His Career In Buffalo?

If Manning wants to leave Denver, he can leave Denver. He's Peyton Manning.

"Trade me or I retire." The man can do what he wants to do.

Peyton was non-committal when being questioned about his return to the Broncos.

Call me crazy, but who would have thought a month ago that Kyle Orton would retire, Marrone would quit, and Rex Ryan would be hired as head coach?

If Peyton doesn't like who the Broncos hire as their next head coach and Gase leaves, Manning has a big decision to make.

Does he want to finish his career in Denver, or try to win another Super Bowl with a different team?

If Denver chooses to release Manning upon his demand, isn't it nice to know that the Bills would be considered?

The NFL would be ecstatic having Manning and Brady playing in the same division.

If you're Peyton Manning, who do you want to face the most in the last 2 years of your career?

Tom Brady.
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Would Peyton Manning Want To Finish His Career In Buffalo?

I think Peyton will like Kubiak.

I'd love to have him here, but I just son't see it.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
      I think Peyton will like Kubiak.

I'd love to have him here, but I just son't see it.
      Marrone turned down the interview in Denver because he thinks Kubiak is a shoe in for the job.

If Kubiak doesn't get the job, and Marrone does, Peyton Manning could shuffle off to Buffalo.

Kubiak seems like the perfect fit in Denver and wouldn't be surprised at all if the Broncos hire him and Peyton stays.

But you never know.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

I can't see any other scenario other than Peyton retiring as a Bronco, whenever that happens.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

He would never come here and I have major concerns about his accuracy after watching his last 3-4 games. He couldn't hit anything past 15 yards.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            He would never come here and I have major concerns about his accuracy after watching his last 3-4 games. He couldn't hit anything past 15 yards.
            He had a torn quad.

I don't think he's coming here either though.

Comment

• Jaybird
              • Dec 2005

he would not- the cold only causes more stress on his body.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                • Mar 2004

Peyton is old and washed up. I wouldn't want him even if he was available. He couldnt even get to the Superbowl with a stacked Denver team.
                Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

It was the torn quad made him less accurate... Anyway, I would take him in a ny minute if it was between him or EJ (or basically any FA currently in the mix) He's only got 1, maybe 2 years left, but having his presence behind center would take a ton of pressure off Rex and allow him to get through next year with a positive and productive first season and avoid the EJ circus. That is worth it just for that kind of damage avoidance. Manning may not be what he used to be, but he will not embarrass the team, and frankly, with this D, he could end up taking them into the playoffs by just being "good".

And then they'll be ready for the next draft where he HAS to get a real QB.

But, like others have said, he'll never come here, so it's just a nice thread to play with.

Comment

• Strongman
                    • Apr 2006

I'd say there is a higher likelihood of him returning to Indy than signing here. Anything can happen though.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

WHY THE **C WOULD HE WANT TO FINISH HIS CAREER IN BUFFALO

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

it's still more likely that my wife and kate upton agree to a threeway with me tomorrow evening than this ever happening.
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• Dude
                          that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                          • Feb 2005

There's a better chance of him returning to Tennessee for one year and retiring. His wife is part owner of the Memphis Grizzlies. Doubtful that would happen but more likely than him coming to Buffalo.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Peyton Manning would never consider playing in Buffalo under any circumstance.

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                              It was the torn quad made him less accurate... Anyway, I would take him in a ny minute if it was between him or EJ (or basically any FA currently in the mix) He's only got 1, maybe 2 years left, but having his presence behind center would take a ton of pressure off Rex and allow him to get through next year with a positive and productive first season and avoid the EJ circus. That is worth it just for that kind of damage avoidance. Manning may not be what he used to be, but he will not embarrass the team, and frankly, with this D, he could end up taking them into the playoffs by just being "good".

And then they'll be ready for the next draft where he HAS to get a real QB.

But, like others have said, he'll never come here, so it's just a nice thread to play with.
                              You call yourself "Mr. Cynical" and you buy that BS about a torn quad?

Maybe only cynical about the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X