PDA

View Full Version : Would Peyton Manning Want To Finish His Career In Buffalo?

BillsImpossible
01-16-2015, 07:01 PM
If Manning wants to leave Denver, he can leave Denver. He's Peyton Manning.

"Trade me or I retire." The man can do what he wants to do.

Peyton was non-committal when being questioned about his return to the Broncos.

Call me crazy, but who would have thought a month ago that Kyle Orton would retire, Marrone would quit, and Rex Ryan would be hired as head coach?

If Peyton doesn't like who the Broncos hire as their next head coach and Gase leaves, Manning has a big decision to make.

Does he want to finish his career in Denver, or try to win another Super Bowl with a different team?

If Denver chooses to release Manning upon his demand, isn't it nice to know that the Bills would be considered?

The NFL would be ecstatic having Manning and Brady playing in the same division.

If you're Peyton Manning, who do you want to face the most in the last 2 years of your career?

Tom Brady.

WagonCircler
01-16-2015, 07:09 PM
I think Peyton will like Kubiak.

I'd love to have him here, but I just son't see it.

BillsImpossible
01-16-2015, 07:19 PM
I think Peyton will like Kubiak.

I'd love to have him here, but I just son't see it.

Marrone turned down the interview in Denver because he thinks Kubiak is a shoe in for the job.

If Kubiak doesn't get the job, and Marrone does, Peyton Manning could shuffle off to Buffalo.

Kubiak seems like the perfect fit in Denver and wouldn't be surprised at all if the Broncos hire him and Peyton stays.

But you never know.

feldspar
01-16-2015, 07:27 PM
I can't see any other scenario other than Peyton retiring as a Bronco, whenever that happens.

Night Train
01-16-2015, 07:30 PM
He would never come here and I have major concerns about his accuracy after watching his last 3-4 games. He couldn't hit anything past 15 yards.

Mr. Pink
01-16-2015, 08:18 PM
He would never come here and I have major concerns about his accuracy after watching his last 3-4 games. He couldn't hit anything past 15 yards.

He had a torn quad.

I don't think he's coming here either though.

Jaybird
01-16-2015, 10:06 PM
he would not- the cold only causes more stress on his body.

BillsFanCupp38
01-16-2015, 10:07 PM
Peyton is old and washed up. I wouldn't want him even if he was available. He couldnt even get to the Superbowl with a stacked Denver team.

Mr. Cynical
01-16-2015, 11:36 PM
It was the torn quad made him less accurate... Anyway, I would take him in a ny minute if it was between him or EJ (or basically any FA currently in the mix) He's only got 1, maybe 2 years left, but having his presence behind center would take a ton of pressure off Rex and allow him to get through next year with a positive and productive first season and avoid the EJ circus. That is worth it just for that kind of damage avoidance. Manning may not be what he used to be, but he will not embarrass the team, and frankly, with this D, he could end up taking them into the playoffs by just being "good".

And then they'll be ready for the next draft where he HAS to get a real QB.

But, like others have said, he'll never come here, so it's just a nice thread to play with.

Strongman
01-17-2015, 12:03 AM
I'd say there is a higher likelihood of him returning to Indy than signing here. Anything can happen though.

Forward_Lateral
01-17-2015, 06:08 AM
WHY THE **C WOULD HE WANT TO FINISH HIS CAREER IN BUFFALO

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-17-2015, 06:13 AM
it's still more likely that my wife and kate upton agree to a threeway with me tomorrow evening than this ever happening.

Dude
01-17-2015, 06:44 AM
There's a better chance of him returning to Tennessee for one year and retiring. His wife is part owner of the Memphis Grizzlies. Doubtful that would happen but more likely than him coming to Buffalo.

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Peyton Manning would never consider playing in Buffalo under any circumstance.

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 06:54 AM
It was the torn quad made him less accurate... Anyway, I would take him in a ny minute if it was between him or EJ (or basically any FA currently in the mix) He's only got 1, maybe 2 years left, but having his presence behind center would take a ton of pressure off Rex and allow him to get through next year with a positive and productive first season and avoid the EJ circus. That is worth it just for that kind of damage avoidance. Manning may not be what he used to be, but he will not embarrass the team, and frankly, with this D, he could end up taking them into the playoffs by just being "good".

And then they'll be ready for the next draft where he HAS to get a real QB.

But, like others have said, he'll never come here, so it's just a nice thread to play with.You call yourself "Mr. Cynical" and you buy that BS about a torn quad?

Maybe only cynical about the Buffalo Bills.

Skooby
01-17-2015, 07:00 AM
$30 M a season ?

pmoon6
01-17-2015, 07:37 AM
$30 M a season ?No way, No how. At this point money is probably not a motivating factor anyway.

OpIv37
01-17-2015, 10:31 AM
$30 M a season ?

Between his football salary and endorsements I'm sure he already has more money than he'll ever need, especially if he saved/invested it properly (and he strikes me as the kind of guy who would).

He's not going to go out a loser for money that he doesn't need.

feldspar
01-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Between his football salary and endorsements I'm sure he already has more money than he'll ever need, especially if he saved/invested it properly (and he strikes me as the kind of guy who would).

He's not going to go out a loser for money that he doesn't need.

Manning has got to bring home double-digit millions in endorsements alone every year.

HAMMER
01-17-2015, 01:35 PM
No, he wouldn't even think twice about it. In fact I'm pretty sure he would laugh anyone who suggested it right out of the room.

Ed
01-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Buffalo would have to be near the bottom of his list. Even if he wanted to keep playing, he'd probably choose retirement over Buffalo unless they found some way to put a roof over the Ralph in the next 8 months. Manning is at his worst when it's windy and he hates the cold. He'd be miserable and probably struggle. I'm pretty sure he's the richest NFL player ever already, so I don't know that there's any amount he would except to come here.

notacon
01-17-2015, 07:31 PM

When did you talk to him?

pmoon6
01-18-2015, 04:27 AM
When did you talk to him?It's obvious. Even when he was on the market, his entire list of teams started with three. Denver, Tennesee, and Washington. He crossed Washington off the list because he didn't want to be in the same division as his brother. Now, factor in the City Of Buffalo and the national perception of the town. Decaying, Rust belt city. Too much snow. Playing alot in the wind. Bart Scott recently had insulting things to say about WNY and so have other players in the past, not to mention some NYC writers like to dump on Buffalo as inhabited by an unsophisticated bunch of hillbillies. I mean we know it's a great area and so do players that came to play for us and stayed, but people in the rest of the country think it's a ****hole. I told one of my customers that I was from Buffalo and he told me he was sorry.

Manning is also too old to make a move to another team. It would be like Unitas going to the Chargers or Namath going to the Rams. It kinda tarnished their legacy and Manning is certainly conscious about "The Greatest QB Of All Time" BS.

Bottom line is he doesn't need the money, he needs another ring. Either he stays in Denver, where he has a good chance or he retires.

Sammy Avalon
01-18-2015, 12:02 PM
A high profile coach and a top 5 defense and a handful of very talented skill players on offense? Call me crazy but I could see it happening. It would be a great stopgap solution before we find our longterm quarterback.

Sammy Avalon
01-18-2015, 12:15 PM
It's obvious. Even when he was on the market, his entire list of teams started with three. Denver, Tennesee, and Washington. He crossed Washington off the list because he didn't want to be in the same division as his brother. Now, factor in the City Of Buffalo and the national perception of the town. Decaying, Rust belt city. Too much snow. Playing alot in the wind. Bart Scott recently had insulting things to say about WNY and so have other players in the past, not to mention some NYC writers like to dump on Buffalo as inhabited by an unsophisticated bunch of hillbillies. I mean we know it's a great area and so do players that came to play for us and stayed, but people in the rest of the country think it's a ****hole. I told one of my customers that I was from Buffalo and he told me he was sorry.

Manning is also too old to make a move to another team. It would be like Unitas going to the Chargers or Namath going to the Rams. It kinda tarnished their legacy and Manning is certainly conscious about "The Greatest QB Of All Time" BS.

Bottom line is he doesn't need the money, he needs another ring. Either he stays in Denver, where he has a good chance or he retires.

Manning is from southern Louisiana which isn't exactly a flourishing area either. But you've got a point with the weather issue. He's never been well suited to play in harsh conditions. We all know he struggles heavily in the cold. But even if that would've been such an issue for him personally he wouldn't had signed with Denver in the first place IMO. The one time Manning got a ring is when the Colts were finally able to field a decent defense. Our defensive ability right now is a quarterbacks dream.

Never say never but I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Houston which would be a good fit. Close to home and playing in a weather friendly division.

On another note it would be kinda of cool for Brady and Manning to finish out their careers battling each other fiercely in the same division.

Historian
01-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Don't want him.

We have real pizza here.

Send him to the fish.

Ed
01-19-2015, 12:16 PM
It's obvious. Even when he was on the market, his entire list of teams started with three. Denver, Tennesee, and Washington. He crossed Washington off the list because he didn't want to be in the same division as his brother. Now, factor in the City Of Buffalo and the national perception of the town. Decaying, Rust belt city. Too much snow. Playing alot in the wind. Bart Scott recently had insulting things to say about WNY and so have other players in the past, not to mention some NYC writers like to dump on Buffalo as inhabited by an unsophisticated bunch of hillbillies. I mean we know it's a great area and so do players that came to play for us and stayed, but people in the rest of the country think it's a ****hole. I told one of my customers that I was from Buffalo and he told me he was sorry.

I believe Houston was actually at the top of his list with Denver and Tennessee, but Houston believed that they had a franchise qb in Matt Schaub and didn't want to sacrifice their long term future to get Manning for a few years. That seems silly now, but I've heard that Manning would have picked Houston over Denver if Houston would have been willing to part with Schaub. Assuming that's true, the only teams I could say Manning leaving Denver for are probably Houston and Tennessee. Houston has a good D and some nice weapons on O for him to work with. They also don't have any weather issues.

I've also heard that the Titans are going to be sold in the near future and Manning is very interested in being part of an ownership group. Considering his love for Tennessee and having an interest in that franchise, I could see him wanting to be a part of it as a player.

I can't see him going to the NFC and I don't see any other good options in the AFC. Ultimately, I think he'll be back in Denver next season.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-19-2015, 12:30 PM
I'd love Manning going to Rams, a team which is not unlike the Bills, though every team in that division has defensive talent. Fisher gets Manning; then noodle arm Bradford becomes available and the Bills jump on it ...

YardRat
01-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Manning may play his last game for the Broncos, maybe an outside shot at Tennessee, but I'd be really surprised if he retired as anything but a Colt.