PDA

View Full Version : Highly recommended to listen to Kim Pegula on Murphy's show Friday

ghz in pittsburgh
01-17-2015, 11:45 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/The_John_Murphy_Show_January_16/206b05d9-2ea7-4780-8c19-bdedba4b1d90

A friend of mine urged me to listen since I don't like John Murphy - he's too much of a corporate citizen, never ever minced a criticism of the Bills management and generally offers no insightful info at all. Again in this interview, he did not even touch the subject of the Marrone opt-out incident, merely the biggest event in the new owner's short ownership thus far and Kim would have detailed knowledge that even the likes of Brandon may not know; Maybe Kim does not want to talk about it, but as a media, journalist, it's a basic duty to ask at least.

Still some useful info from Kim.

NFL is big time, not like NHL. Kim freely admits the scale is not she experienced/expected.
Owners talk. Every game they go, they meet the other owners. This is something I heard quite a bit as well. Big league, but small fraternity of 32 guys pretty tight group. Maybe there is a weird guy like Al Davis here and there. In general, these guys are there to make money and have a good life. I don't know if Marrone tried to bully Pegulas. If he did, he'll be sorry.
Rex Ryan was not quite on their radar from the beginning. Maybe Rex's camp was lukewarm to Buffalo because they focused on the Falcons and 49ers as Rex's preferred teams. Kim pretty much confirmed Rex was not at the top of their list before he showed up Thursday. Then all changed.
Kim professed she does not know football and is conscious the perception that she asks football questions. I'd guess Terry is in the same boat. That might be why they were looking at football czar type of person. My personal guess is that subject is put to the back seat now after this HC search process. If the Rex hire pans out, you probably won't hear this subject again as their confidence, as an owner, grows. But if it doesn't, they may go back, look at the process, and feel better to have someone else with deep football operation knowledge to do it for them.

YardRat
01-17-2015, 01:18 PM
1. Hope the NHL doesn't feel slighted, that's not really a comment that would go over well.
2. I've always assumed that to be the case, anyway.
3. Glad he wasn't at the top, glad they let the process play out and weren't 'locked in'.
4. Hey if you want to be an owner, you've got to act like one. If they don't feel comfortable in a couple seasons, call me.

HAMMER
01-17-2015, 01:26 PM
I was less than impressed with Kim during this interview.

Novacane
01-17-2015, 01:41 PM
1. Hope the NHL doesn't feel slighted, that's not really a comment that would go over well.
2. I've always assumed that to be the case, anyway.
3. Glad he wasn't at the top, glad they let the process play out and weren't 'locked in'.
4. Hey if you want to be an owner, you've got to act like one. If they don't feel comfortable in a couple seasons, call me.

It's the truth and the NHL knows it.

YardRat
01-17-2015, 01:49 PM
It's the truth and the NHL knows it.

True, but you still don't like it being pointed out.

SpikedLemonade
01-17-2015, 03:31 PM
I was less than impressed with Kim during this interview.

Just like they have to listen to technical people when and where to drill, they need to listen to football people.

A high level football executive is needed soon.