PDA

View Full Version : Nice 1st Half - Russell Wilson

Night Train
01-18-2015, 02:46 PM
1-8 14 yards 3 INT's.

Are they throwing the game ? Wow.

BillsImpossible
01-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Wilson didn't win the Super Bowl last year, his defense did.

The Packers are winning because they have the better quarterback.

Night Train
01-18-2015, 02:57 PM
He doesn't make mistakes and was the highest rated QB in playoff history before kickoff.

Buffalogic
01-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Not a good qb.

notacon
01-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Not a good qb.

How ridiculous. Wilson is one of the best QB's in the game today. He is having a bad game.

Just like Aaron Rodgers had a bad game against the Bills.

I would do almost anything to have Wilson on my team!!

Mike
01-18-2015, 03:05 PM
lol...

When the best QB over his first 3 seasons (highest rates in playoff history & most wins) has One bad half he is all of the sudden 'not a good QB'.

When a bills QB sucks for 16+ games & can't hit the broad side of a barn, he needs benefit of the doubt & patients!

Dumb Bills Fans

DetDannyWilliams
oh well at least the Rangers will have him when they report for spring training

djjimkelly
Wilson didn't win the Super Bowl last year, his defense did.

they have the best qb

don137
01-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Shows you what a bad QB can do to a team no matter how else the other players play.

swiper
01-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Every QB has a bad game once in a while. This is getting ugly though.

Mike
01-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Not a good qb.
Did you see that 'not good QB get a first down on 3&19?

Meathead
01-18-2015, 03:26 PM
bust

YardRat
01-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Starting to smell like 'a tale of two halfs'.

Two horrible gaffs on that TD drive...Capers only rushing two, basically, on third and 19, and the ST's losing track of an eligible receiver.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Wow, that's a pretty amazing stat for Wilson...82 straight games, back into the Wisconsin days, where his team has held the lead at some point during the game.

Night Train
01-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Huge run by UB's James Starks. Go Pack !

YardRat
01-18-2015, 03:48 PM
I would've like to see them attack Sherman immediately after he got the stinger.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Sherman is such a ****ing hot dog..."Hey, everybody, look at me out here all alone with only one arm."

I'd love to see him get smoked over the top.

Another pick for Wilson.

Mike
01-18-2015, 04:07 PM
2 picks off of Kearse deflections.

Role Reversal: GB defense winning game not Seattle's

Crisis
01-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Seattle may have the worst WR core in the league

Novacane
01-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Uh oh. Seattle recovers onside kick

YardRat
01-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Wow...just wow.

Novacane
01-18-2015, 04:24 PM
They scored to early

BillsImpossible
01-18-2015, 04:25 PM
Unreal.

Mike
01-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Wilson leads Seattle to 15pts in 44 seconds & 2pt conversion to go up by 3

- - - Updated - - -

They scored to early
They may have let them!

Mike
01-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Let's shoot for ot

YardRat
01-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Can't believe that 2pt conversion.

Novacane
01-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Not sure which team I want. Who has the best shot against the Patriots?

Crisis
01-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Not sure which team I want. Who has the best shot against the Patriots?

Seattle. But the 12th bandwagon are douches and I like Rodgers.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Did Matthews get hurt?

Night Train
01-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Amazing ! OT

Novacane
01-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Yeah, Russell Wilson sucks alright

Night Train
Of all people..Kearse.

What a game !

Mr. Pink
And in OT, Wilson proves why he's a top 5 QB in the NFL today.

Mike
01-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Don't be a Wilson hater!!!

3 straight TDs!!! For the Win
10-0 vs SB winning QBs
2 Straight SB appearances

Wilson won game today!!!!

Crisis
01-18-2015, 04:46 PM
All Russell Wilson does is win games

BertSquirtgum
01-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Mccarthy should resign tonight. What a horribly called second half.

Mike
01-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Hope Seattle obliterates Pats (if they go)

swiper
Every QB has a bad game once in a while. This is getting ugly though.

Wow. What a turn around. Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch look like super men.

YardRat
**** me...damn, I'd hate to be that TE that muffed the onside kick.

swiper
Mccarthy should resign tonight. What a horribly called second half.

They win if Bostick doesn't blow the play on the onsides kick.

Novacane
01-18-2015, 04:50 PM
And in OT, Wilson proves why he's a top 5 QB in the NFL today.

The people that say he's average are crazy.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 04:51 PM
That has to be one of the biggest choke jobs ever.

swiper
01-18-2015, 04:52 PM

Again, they win if Bostick doesn't touch that onsides kick.

imbondz
01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Amazing choke job. And how was that 2-pt conversion not a pick 6. Terrible defense on that play. That should have ended the game right there.

Night Train
01-18-2015, 04:54 PM

GB puts the Hands team out for the onside kick and the TE channels Rueben Gant.

notacon
01-18-2015, 04:55 PM
Wow. What the Bills would do with such a "not good" QB.

Two PERFECT passes to win the NFC Championship.

To keep one's head, and come back after 4 INT's is amazing.

Wilson proves that he is one of the best QB's in the NFL...and it's only his third year.

Strongman
01-18-2015, 04:56 PM
I really can't stand Pete Carroll, but it will be an interesting Super Bowl if the Patriots win this evening. I'd like to see him stick it to his old team and Robert Kraft.

swiper
01-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Those were two great passes right there.

notacon
01-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Amazing choke job. And how was that 2-pt conversion not a pick 6. Terrible defense on that play. That should have ended the game right there.

Besides the fact that you can't have a "pick 6" on a two point conversion and it was impossible to end the game right there...it was an incredibly bad defensive play.

I suspect that even if they missed that conversion the Seattle defense would have risen up and still won the game.

This is a team of destiny, where their QB seems to will them to win.

YardRat
01-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Gotta give Wilson a lot credit, he played a helluva 5 minutes, and that's all that was needed.

Mace
01-18-2015, 04:59 PM

Green Bay was playing not to lose right from the 1st qtr, playing timid. No clue why they ignored the 1 armed Sherman. Even if they thought he was faking they should have found out with a tight end or fullback running at him a few times.

I like the Pack better, wanted them to win. They didn't deserve to.

imbondz
01-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Besides the fact that you can't have a "pick 6" on a two point conversion and it was impossible to end the game right there...it was an incredibly bad defensive play.

I suspect that even if they missed that conversion the Seattle defense would have risen up and still won the game.

This is a team of destiny, where their QB seems to will them to win.

Ha I wasn't sure if you could or not. Couldn't remember. He should have knocked the pass down or something tho.

bleve
01-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Green Bay was playing not to lose right from the 1st qtr, playing timid. No clue why they ignored the 1 armed Sherman. Even if they thought he was faking they should have found out with a tight end or fullback running at him a few times.

I like the Pack better, wanted them to win. They didn't deserve to.

I wanted Green Bay to win too. It's a great excuse to grill brats for Superbowl Sunday.

What will I do now, grill some friggin' pigeons?

Night Train
01-18-2015, 05:05 PM
I wanted Green Bay to win too. It's a great excuse to grill brats for Superbowl Sunday.

A Starbucks cup.

swiper
01-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Marshawn Lynch had 183 all-purpose yards. Wow. Beast mode.

notacon
01-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Ha I wasn't sure if you could or not. Couldn't remember. He should have knocked the pass down or something tho.

Yep. Something. That's the reason that Wilson threw it up for grabs. No risk...all reward.

WagonCircler
01-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Thread fail.

Mike
01-18-2015, 05:35 PM

Seahawks won because of Wilson

feldspar
01-18-2015, 05:36 PM
That's gotta be right up there with the most ****ed up games I've ever seen.

Completely unbelievable.

Figures I wanted Green Bay to win. Cannot fathom how that went down.

stuckincincy
01-18-2015, 05:42 PM
The GB staff lost that game. With a full complement of time outs, they allowed SEA to rush to the line before their own defenders got set. Twice.

Yes you want the clock to run, but the clock means nothing if you show up to the LOS confused.

Mr. Pink
01-18-2015, 05:47 PM
The GB staff lost that game. With a full complement of time outs, they allowed SEA to rush to the line before their own defenders got set. Twice.

Yes you want the clock to run, but the clock means nothing if you show up to the LOS confused.

Their clock management was weird...they called a timeout with 14 seconds left to kick the tying field goal too.

I was like huh? Why not take it down to 4 seconds then call timeout.

Mike
01-18-2015, 05:52 PM

Seattle won because they EXECUTED when it Mattered Most and because GB failed to EXECUTE when it mattered most. The game was not won/lost on a single play. Both teams had chances to Win the game at the end & Seattle EXECUTED!

Mike
01-18-2015, 05:53 PM
In last 3min, Seattle took advantage and capitalized on every single opportunity while GB failed to hold serve.

feldspar
01-18-2015, 06:10 PM
In last 3min, Seattle took advantage and capitalized on every single opportunity while GB failed to hold serve.

You can even look at the FORTH interception that Wilson threw near the end. The intercepting defender just slid down...didn't even TRY to advance the ball even though there was nobody in front of him at all. Looked like he thought that was the game, and I guess you can call them the Packers because they packed it in.

colin
01-18-2015, 06:24 PM
You can even look at the FORTH interception that Wilson threw near the end. The intercepting defender just slid down...didn't even TRY to advance the ball even though there was nobody in front of him at all. Looked like he thought that was the game, and I guess you can call them the Packers because they packed it in.
Exactly. And all they needed was a first down late and they didnt even try

stuckincincy
01-18-2015, 06:27 PM

Indeed. The game announcers didn't say a peep about that, although you and I and anyone watching know that they should have. How weak and mealy-mouthed today's announcers are. The late Howard Cosell or a Brett Musberger or a John Madden would have been chirping big time. I expected a camera shot of the GB bench berating that player big time, but that didn't happen.

Don't Panic
01-18-2015, 06:44 PM
This has been an entertaining thread to begin reading at 8 pm.

stuckincincy
01-18-2015, 06:48 PM
This has been an entertaining thread to begin reading at 8 pm.

Wry comments are discouraged...

:kid:

pmoon6
01-19-2015, 03:12 AM

Grill some salmon and dungeness crab.

Night Train
01-19-2015, 04:45 AM
It was just astounding how many times GB had single plays to close out the game and failed.

Clinton-Dix has an INT hit him right in the chest with 3 minutes left and drops it.
The onside kick where Rueben Gant/Lonnie Johnson suddenly appear in a Packer uniform and fail to do the job of blocking the guy so Jordy Nelson could catch it.
The 2 point conversion prayer
The INT where the guy just slides with a fairly open field.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 04:47 AM
GB's offense played like Buffalo...5 turnovers, 6 pts?

IlluminatusUIUC
01-19-2015, 06:49 AM
Green Bay has the league's #1 offense and kicked two field goals from inside Seattle's 1 yard line. Cowardice like that deserves to be rewarded with failure.

Discotrish
01-19-2015, 08:37 AM
I have Seattle and the Cheatriots in my Playoffs fantasy league, so I enjoyed watching Brandon Bostick catch the onside kick with his forehead.

Brandon Bostick's name can be rearranged to spell: "Bad Nonstick Orb"

https://i.imgflip.com/gkjtu.jpg

Patti

Ingtar33
01-19-2015, 08:42 AM
I find threads like this one puzzling. Prior to yesterday Russell Wilson was the nfl record holder for career playoff QBR; he had a horrible game. But look at the body of his work over his career. He's been an excellent pro QB for years now. A superbowl winning QB too. Elite. There are plenty of legendary QBs who stink up a game or two. Even though that might have been the worst game of his career, he still won it. he still threw the game wining touchdown. When the game was on the line he still came through for his team when they needed him (BTW: 4 ints... 2 of which were off of his WR's hands on perfectly thrown balls, so it's not like he was completely worthless)

either way we have EJ as the no.1 QB on our roster. I don't think we're in any position to mock out a team or fan base or even a superbowl winning QB just because of them having the worst game of their season (a game they still won)

HAMMER
01-19-2015, 09:06 AM
I find threads like this one puzzling. Prior to yesterday Russell Wilson was the nfl record holder for career playoff QBR; he had a horrible game. But look at the body of his work over his career. He's been an excellent pro QB for years now. A superbowl winning QB too. Elite. There are plenty of legendary QBs who stink up a game or two. Even though that might have been the worst game of his career, he still won it. he still threw the game wining touchdown. When the game was on the line he still came through for his team when they needed him (BTW: 4 ints... 2 of which were off of his WR's hands on perfectly thrown balls, so it's not like he was completely worthless)

either way we have EJ as the no.1 QB on our roster. I don't think we're in any position to mock out a team or fan base or even a superbowl winning QB just because of them having the worst game of their season (a game they still won)

You put it nicely by saying the thread is puzzling.

I would go so far as to say this thread shows how little so many fans here know about football. Russell Wilson is a bad QB? Return an intercepted pass attempt on a 2 point conversion for 6? LOL. Then we have another genius stating Russell Wilson had a FORTH interception, forth, really? Oy Vey.

Discotrish
01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
The thread title is accurate as far as it goes.

The followup thread needs to be That Was a BADASS Five Minutes, Wilson & The Seahawks!

Patti

IlluminatusUIUC
01-19-2015, 09:44 AM

I would go so far as to say this thread shows how little so many fans here know about football. Russell Wilson is a bad QB? Return an intercepted pass attempt on a 2 point conversion for 6? LOL. Then we have another genius stating Russell Wilson had a FORTH interception, forth, really? Oy Vey.

In his career, Wilson has trailed at halftime by 14 points in five games. In FOUR of them, he led the team back to the lead. Even with the game vs. Atlanta in 2012 where his defense coughed up the lead, that's a <i>winning record</i> when his team is down two scores at the half.

Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

In his career, Wilson has trailed at halftime by 14 points in five games. In FOUR of them, he led the team back to the lead. Even with the game vs. Atlanta in 2012 where his defense coughed up the lead, that's a <i>winning record</i> when his team is down two scores at the half.

Jesus.

WagonCircler
01-19-2015, 12:38 PM

Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus.

You can say that again.

Discotrish
01-19-2015, 12:48 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/gkunu.jpg

Patti

GingerP
01-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Wilson is a clutch player, but he didn't "win" that game as much as Green Bay lost it. The end of that game was the ultimate gut punch, and Seattle should have lost.

Really, the key to that Seattle offense is Lynch. That overtime touchdown was possible because Green Bay was playing cover-zero. They were lining both safeties up 5 yard off the LOS because they were trying to stop Lynch. They basically defended Wilson like he was Tim Tebow. Credit Wilson for making a great throw, but compare his situation to Luck and it is vastly different. Luck has no running game at all, and a defense that isn't nearly in the league of the one Wilson plays with.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Wilson is not elite IMO, and benefits hugely from a great defense and running game in general and some real bone-headed plays by Green Bay yesterday down the stretch specifically, but his skill set certainly was a major factor on those last three scoring drives. Kudos to him for contributing big-time to the win.

Discotrish
01-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Reaction of Seahawks Fans Who Left With 5 Minutes To Go
(http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/media/cinematic/video/21988967/)

Patti

Ingtar33
01-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Wilson is not elite IMO, and benefits hugely from a great defense and running game in general and some real bone-headed plays by Green Bay yesterday down the stretch specifically, but his skill set certainly was a major factor on those last three scoring drives. Kudos to him for contributing big-time to the win.

i'm not sure what to say, you do know the only pro qb with a resume as impressive as wilson at this same point in his career right now is ben roethlisberger. And I stand by calling him "Elite". check out his record vs the best QBs of this era. manning, brees, brady and rodgers... guess what? he's undefeated against all of them.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 01:57 PM
i'm not sure what to say, you do know the only pro qb with a resume as impressive as wilson at this same point in his career right now is ben roethlisberger. And I stand by calling him "Elite". check out his record vs the best QBs of this era. manning, brees, brady and rodgers... guess what? he's undefeated against all of them.

That's an easy answer---Defense. Seattle's is dominant, and Wilson's record against the other QB's shouldn't be a surprise to anybody but those that believe a QB is more important than a defense.

I believe statistically speaking one has to go back to the '85-'86 Bears defense for a comparison.

Ingtar33
01-19-2015, 02:00 PM
That's an easy answer---Defense. Seattle's is dominant, and Wilson's record against the other QB's shouldn't be a surprise to anybody but those that believe a QB is more important than a defense.

I believe statistically speaking one has to go back to the '85-'86 Bears defense for a comparison.

you obviously don't watch many seahawk games.

Wilson has been their whole offense since he came into the league. Lynch is a big part too, and from time to time he's the main part, but in reality it's wilson who the offense runs through.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 03:16 PM
you obviously don't watch many seahawk games.

Wilson has been their whole offense since he came into the league. Lynch is a big part too, and from time to time he's the main part, but in reality it's wilson who the offense runs through.

I certainly don't watch them every week, but I've seen enough. The above comment has nothing to do with having the most dominant defense in the last 30 years.

Jim McMahon was pretty good also...when he had the D and Sweetness...but he certainly wasn't elite.

swiper
01-19-2015, 05:04 PM
I certainly don't watch them every week, but I've seen enough. The above comment has nothing to do with having the most dominant defense in the last 30 years.

Jim McMahon was pretty good also...when he had the D and Sweetness...but he certainly wasn't elite.

You're going in a losing direction with this fight given the way Wilson finished yesterday.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 05:06 PM
You're going in a losing direction with this fight given the way Wilson finished yesterday.

I've already given him praise and credit for how he played at the end of the game...a couple of times.

Mike
01-19-2015, 06:00 PM

Was as it the defense that scored three straight TDs to end the game?
There have been some great defenses in the past 20+ years that never could do what the Seahawks are doing because they lacked a QB like Wilson.

here are a few:
1) Bucs only went to one SB because of their offense & QB situation.
2) Ravens: only went to one SB because of QB situation. The 2000 Ravens Defense was historically great and they could not even go to more than one SB!!!
3) 90's Steelers had some great Defenses but couldn't win a SB until Big Ben showed up.
4) The list goes on of great defensive teams that failed to win because of QB. Even the great Chicago Defense 85-86 only went to one SB!

In R. Wilson 3 yrs in league he has:
1) More wins than any other player in NFL history at this stage in career
2) Highest passer rating in playoff history!
3) Tied Rookie record for TDs (P. manning)
4) Tied 2nd year record for TDs
5) All Pro Status
6) 10-0 vs Top QBs in NFL
7) SB champion

Truth is, Wilson and the offense also help protect that Seattle Defense. When GB was winning yesterday everyone was giving Rogers all the credit eventhough the GB defense pitched a shutout. When the tables turned & Wilson won the game for Seattle guys like you gave the defense all of the credit.

Steattle's defense is great, but how many defenses would have won that game with 28 points from Offense?

YardRat
01-20-2015, 05:12 AM
I've already said, I've given Wilson credit for his performance at the end of the game. That still doesn't make him 'elite'.

I don't recall anybody giving Rodgers much credit for the first half, and the entire reason Seattle was even in a position to have something to play for is their D held Green Bay to 16 pts in the first half, and only three more essentially the entire second half until the end of the game. They kept Rodgers and company out of the end zone, despite 5 turnovers. GB cashes in on just one of those early TO's and this conversation isn't happening.

Wilson made some amazing plays down the stretch, but the defense dominated the entire game.