PDA

View Full Version : Cheatriots being investigated by NFL for deflating game balls

Strongman
01-19-2015, 01:32 AM
Link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/deflate-gate--report--patriots-being-investigated-for-deflated-footballs-062844133.html

Hopefully it isn't a hoax. I truly believe they do a lot of little, underhanded things that add up to a sizeable advantage.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 02:33 AM
Penalty = draft picks, if true. Not a big deal for them, they've been down this road before.

Strongman
01-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Personally, I think Belichik should be banned for life instead.

Historian
01-19-2015, 04:15 AM
I thought the refs took the pressure on every potential game ball before kick-off?

How pathetic.

What's next....seeding the clouds?

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2015, 05:41 AM
Bellicheat just doesn't have any morals. The guy is all about doing anything to gain an edge whether is within the rules or not. He's definitely not trustworthy.

Strongman
01-19-2015, 06:17 AM
I thought the refs took the pressure on every potential game ball before kick-off?

How pathetic.

What's next....seeding the clouds?

Wondering if they smuggled an under uninspected ball or two in and did a switch while toweling them off or something like that.

DynaPaul
01-19-2015, 07:04 AM
I think it was they deflated their own balls so they were easier to grip in the rain. Obviously their cheating didn't help as much with the Colts being manhandled but it's still a serious offense. I think Belichick should get the Pete Rose treatment, the guy is just a crook.

Strongman
01-19-2015, 07:15 AM
I sort of remember something like this happening at the college level with USC a few years back. Supposedly, the student manager acted independently. Like I'm sure Gooddell's "investigation" will find the ball attendant acted independently.

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2015, 07:43 AM
"I just play with the balls Belichick gives me."

- Tom Brady probably

Fixxxer
01-19-2015, 07:53 AM
It's always something with these cheaters, but nothing bad will happen to the darlings of the NFL.

ckg927
01-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Just another reason I want to see Seattle stomp a mudhole in the Patriots and walk it dry at the Super Bowl.

Then I want to see Richard Sherman cut another promo, this time on New England.

justasportsfan
01-19-2015, 09:02 AM
MEh. Goddell gets a call from Kraft and all is forgotten.

Skooby
01-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Goodell probably helped deflate them.

BuffaloRedleg
01-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Cue the "no nonsense" "tells it like it is" internet tough guy who says it's okay because every team cheats and only whiners complain about this stuff.

Downinfloflo
01-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Maybe one day the Bills will be good enough to where people think their cheating.

trapezeus
01-19-2015, 09:20 AM
How many more incidents do we need before this stops being conspiracy theories. They made it to this Super Bowl on two illegal activities. The substitution and deflated balls. Before it was years of unchecked spy gate and let's not forget all the favorable calls like the tuck rule and you can't hit lady Brady.

Draft ft picks should be punishment for anyone of the other 31 teams not constantly under the watch. If Sean Payton get get a year, surely 30 scandals can get belichick, no?

casdhf
01-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Maybe one day the Bills will be good enough to where people think their cheating. They're

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2015, 09:43 AM
How many more incidents do we need before this stops being conspiracy theories. They made it to this Super Bowl on two illegal activities. The substitution and deflated balls. Before it was years of unchecked spy gate and let's not forget all the favorable calls like the tuck rule and you can't hit lady Brady.

Draft ft picks should be punishment for anyone of the other 31 teams not constantly under the watch. If Sean Payton get get a year, surely 30 scandals can get belichick, no?
At some point docking draft picks just isn't punishment for these guys, if they're allowed to keep their titles and wins. They don't cheat to get extra draft picks, so taking away draft picks just isn't the appropriate consequence for them.

If a kid cheats on his exam and gets an A, he should have the A taken away along with other punishment, not just his recess taken away and allowed to keep the grade. Doesn't make any sense.

SmokeShowin
01-19-2015, 10:12 AM
What a bunch of whiny, crybaby *****es. Always trying to come up with some conspiracy theory. I can't help but laugh at how pathetic people are. Boomer Esiason was interviewed this morning and said it's sour grapes from an Indy reporter.

paladin warrior
01-19-2015, 10:36 AM
No. No no take way from draft . That not good enough for punishment. NfFL court Should suspend Tom B ,all player ,coach ,all staff , owner , for 5 year without pay .

notacon
01-19-2015, 10:39 AM
This sounds very fishy. There is no way for a team to determine when the supposed deflated balls would be used. So, that means that Indy would use them too.

What is the point in even trying it?

The posts that are rushing into what the penalty should be are...shall we say...jumping the shark.

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2015, 10:46 AM
What a bunch of whiny, crybaby *****es. Always trying to come up with some conspiracy theory. I can't help but laugh at how pathetic people are. Boomer Esiason was interviewed this morning and said it's sour grapes from an Indy reporter.

HOLY ****, BOOMER ESIASON SAID THAT?! FOR REAL??

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2015, 10:48 AM
This sounds very fishy. There is no way for a team to determine when the supposed deflated balls would be used. So, that means that Indy would use them too.

The posts that are rushing into what the penalty should be are...shall we say...jumping the shark.

Each team brings 12 of their own balls that are checked by the refs before the game. The balls are then passed on to each teams ball boys. The Patriots only use the Patriots balls, and the Colts only use the legitimate balls that they brought. The Colts DBs were saying that the balls felt deflated.

BertSquirtgum
01-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Once a cheater, always a cheater. Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots fans can die.

harmonkoz
01-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Once a cheater, always a cheater. Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots fans can die slowly, with much pain and suffering.

Fixed.

The King
01-19-2015, 12:02 PM
If the Patriots deflated the balls it had zero outcome on the game. Deflated balls were not going help Indy stop the run, nor did it help NE run the ball.

It will cast a pretty dark cloud over the team though. I respect that the Patriots will do anything to win, but manipulating the substitutions, deflating balls, just play football.

Pinkerton Security
01-19-2015, 12:07 PM
I hate the Pats and I dont care about this - a slightly deflated ball didnt help Blount pound the isht outta the Colts run D, I doubt they held him to less than 4 yards on very many plays. I still hope they get punished however because, well they're the Pats.

Parzival
01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
If the Patriots deflated the balls it had zero outcome on the game. Deflated balls were not going help Indy stop the run, nor did it help NE run the ball.

It will cast a pretty dark cloud over the team though. I respect that the Patriots will do anything to win, but manipulating the substitutions, deflating balls, just play football.

I've seen several people say this, and it's true. Patriots win that game probably 10 out of 10 times. BUT cheating is cheating, it doesn't make it ok just because they won by a large margin. It's total BS. I'm sure the "investigation" wont turn up anything, or it will be blamed on some minor peon.

Parzival
01-19-2015, 12:35 PM
I hate the Pats and I dont care about this - a slightly deflated ball didnt help Blount pound the isht outta the Colts run D, I doubt they held him to less than 4 yards on very many plays. I still hope they get punished however because, well they're the Pats.

It's illegal. The results have zero impact on that.

DraftBoy
01-19-2015, 01:12 PM
The issue I have with this is at no time during the game did a coach or player appear to try and alert an official to what they thought were deflated balls. The balls could of been checked between possessions, at the half, or during one of the quarter breaks. But nothing got said till after the game?

I don't put it past BB to try and pull off, but if I'm playing in the game to go to the Super Bowl and I think the other team is openly cheating then I'm alerting the ref and requesting he check the ball pressure again.

Pinkerton Security
01-19-2015, 01:18 PM
It's illegal. The results have zero impact on that.

Did you read the 2nd half of my post? Shut up.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 01:24 PM
The issue I have with this is at no time during the game did a coach or player appear to try and alert an official to what they thought were deflated balls. The balls could of been checked between possessions, at the half, or during one of the quarter breaks. But nothing got said till after the game?

I don't put it past BB to try and pull off, but if I'm playing in the game to go to the Super Bowl and I think the other team is openly cheating then I'm alerting the ref and requesting he check the ball pressure again.

I didn't watch the game past the first few minutes so I really don't know, but I believe the initial report also commented that the start of the third quarter was delayed for a couple of minutes while the referees allegedly did just that.

trapezeus
01-19-2015, 01:39 PM
if it was a player in the league with repeated offenses, i can't imagine the league being this lenient.

only a patriot fan would say it's sour grapes. repeatedly, they are the only team where these things come up. they look at woody johnson for saying they'd like revis bakc. a thought anyone would have. but deflating balls, ****ing with the substitution rules that the league explicitly wants teams to be able to adjust to, tuck rules, hitting brady at all. for the love of god, the bills got a 15 yard penalty for hitting their own guy on the head.

31 teams

notacon
01-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Each team brings 12 of their own balls that are checked by the refs before the game. The balls are then passed on to each teams ball boys. The Patriots only use the Patriots balls, and the Colts only use the legitimate balls that they brought. The Colts DBs were saying that the balls felt deflated.

Ahhhhhh. Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that.

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Ahhhhhh. Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that.

I didn't either until I turned on ESPN during my lunch hour.

Strongman
01-19-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure I agree with the posters that this would have changed the outcome of the game. This is one of those things that sounds very trivial and people dismiss it as sour grapes, but could really be a factor in QB play in those conditions. Brady and his receivers play looked no different than when they are in good weather conditions.

better days
01-19-2015, 02:53 PM

Each team has their own balls.

DraftBoy
01-19-2015, 02:56 PM
I didn't watch the game past the first few minutes so I really don't know, but I believe the initial report also commented that the start of the third quarter was delayed for a couple of minutes while the referees allegedly did just that.

They made no mention of it on the broadcast that I can recall, though I was doing a few others things while watching. If the refs checked and found something, did they let them keep using the same balls?

This leads to more questions than answers imo.

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2015, 03:00 PM
They made no mention of it on the broadcast. If the refs checked and found something, did they let them keep using the same balls?

The start of the 3rd quarter was delayed while they were switching out balls. No one officially knows why, but Mike Carey came on the broadcast and said that it looked like they left the 'K' ball in after the kickoff.

So they did mention something about swapping out footballs, but they obviously didn't really know why.

better days
01-19-2015, 03:00 PM
They made no mention of it on the broadcast. If the refs checked and found something, did they let them keep using the same balls?

One of the officials thought a ball was underinflated & took that ball & put it aside to be checked by the league.

And the news is the ball was in fact underinflated.

DraftBoy
01-19-2015, 03:07 PM
The start of the 3rd quarter was delayed while they were switching out balls. No one officially knows why, but Mike Carey came on the broadcast and said that it looked like they left the 'K' ball in after the kickoff.

So they did mention something about swapping out footballs, but they obviously didn't really know why.

Hmmm...completely missed that.

Strongman
01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Here's the official rules that are pertinent:

Rule 2 The Ball
Section 1
BALL DIMENSIONS
The Ball must be a “Wilson,” hand selected, bearing the signature of the Commissioner of the League, Roger Goodell.
The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.
The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications. A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.

Section 2
BALL SUPPLY
Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game to meet League requirements. The home team will also make 12 backup balls available for testing in all
stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to be tested by the Referee for games
held in outdoor stadiums. For all games, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to
the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game.
These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game.
In the event a home team ball does not conform to specifications, or its supply is exhausted, the Referee shall secure a proper ball from the visitors and, failing that, use the best available ball. Any such circumstances must be reported to the
Commissioner.
In case of rain or a wet, muddy, or slippery field, a playable ball shall be used at the request of the offensive team’s center.
The Game Clock shall not stop for such action (unless undue delay occurs).

Note: It is the responsibility of the home team to furnish playable balls at all times by attendants from either side of the playing
field.

notacon
01-19-2015, 03:49 PM

Like I responded (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227851-Cheatriots-being-investigated-by-NFL-for-deflating-game-balls?p=4051564&viewfull=1#post4051564) just a few posts ago...I did not know that.

Strongman
01-19-2015, 03:50 PM

In that case, I think they really were switching out the kicking ball with a game ball. The video show the ref stopping play, tossing the ball to another ref, who then tossed it to the Patriots' ball attendant.

http://deadspin.com/report-patriots-under-nfl-investigation-for-deflating-1680358128

If the NFL is investigating it, they must have confiscated a ball at some other point of the game

Oaf
01-19-2015, 04:16 PM

Why don't both teams use the same set of footballs?

Strongman
01-19-2015, 04:25 PM

ESPN mentioned this. This is because QBs want balls broken in the way they like to get the feel they want. The only time the other team has possession is after a turn over and then only for that long.

Novacane
01-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Firing squad for Brady, Belichick, and Kraft!

better days
01-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Firing squad for Brady, Belichick, and Kraft!

I am looking forward to the Media HAMMERING Belicheat & Brady Super Bowl week.

YardRat
01-19-2015, 05:05 PM
They won't stop until the hammer comes down.

If this is even remotely true, the league needs to pull the plug.

jimmifli
01-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Is anyone calling this psigate yet?

YardRat
01-19-2015, 05:22 PM
I have seen the term 'inflategate'.

Strongman
01-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Bradygate has a nice ring to it. It puts all his accomplishments into question.

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2015, 05:35 PM

I don't make the rules, I just get to ***** about them.

upstart
01-19-2015, 05:58 PM

The last 4 games the Pats and Colts have played, it seems the Colts have had deflated balls.

Just saying.

upstart
01-19-2015, 06:00 PM
I am looking forward to the Media HAMMERING Belicheat & Brady Super Bowl week.

Why ? The Colts had their own balls.

Woodman
01-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Det. gets hosed vs. Dallas

Dallas gets hosed vs. Green Bay

Green Bay hoses itself.

Pats hose Ravens

Pats hose the NFL

NFL now has the duty ...... to even this up or if you prefer "make things right"

bye bye Pats.

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2015, 06:44 PM

That's the point.

The Colts played by the rules with regulation footballs. The Patriots got to play with deflated balls, which make it easier for Tom Brady's little hands to hold it in the cold and wet. It also makes it easier for the Pats to throw and catch.

Parzival
01-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Is anyone calling this psigate yet?

better days
01-20-2015, 06:34 AM

WHY? Because the Pats* once again CHEATED!!!!!

What does the fact that the Colts had their own FULLY inflated balls do with the fact the Pats* used an UNDER INFLATED ball which made it easier for Brady to grip & throw?

The Pats* will have an asterisk* forever attached to that name as CHEATERS.

better days
01-20-2015, 06:39 AM
The last 4 games the Pats and Colts have played, it seems the Colts have had deflated balls.

Just saying.

Do you have a link where the Colts used under inflated balls?

Just like spygate, Pats* fans saying everyone else did the same thing the Pats* did.

NOT TRUE.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 06:53 AM
Do you have a link where the Colts used under inflated balls?

Just like spygate, Pats* fans saying everyone else did the same thing the Pats* did.

NOT TRUE.

Pretty sure he meant the Colts were playing timidly, having deflated testicles.

I know it's not very funny, but it's probably as good as you're going to get from a Patriots fan.

bdutton
01-20-2015, 07:04 AM
Lets say they did deflate the balls. Indy played with the same footballs so its not like it was an advantage to just one team.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Lets say they did deflate the balls. Indy played with the same footballs so its not like it was an advantage to just one team.

You should read through this thread a bit, they did not play with the same balls.

The point isn't that the Pats still would've dominated with standard footballs, they obviously would have, it's that the Patriots are cheating pieces of ****.

bdutton
01-20-2015, 07:10 AM
You should read through this thread a bit, they did not play with the same balls.

The point isn't that the Pats still would've dominated with standard footballs, they obviously would have, it's that the Patriots are cheating pieces of ****.

Thanks... yeah I posted but didn't bother reading all of the thread. Interesting fact I did not know of before now.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 07:15 AM
Thanks... yeah I posted but didn't bother reading all of the thread. Interesting fact I did not know of before now.

I don't think anybody knew these rules before Sunday. Well, the Patriots knew them, they just didn't follow them.

Strongman
01-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Here's how it was discovered:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/deflated-ball-investigation-began-after-colts-interception/

coastal
01-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Csnt wait to see the Seabags kill them.

stuckincincy
01-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Det. gets hosed vs. Dallas

Dallas gets hosed vs. Green Bay

Green Bay hoses itself.

Pats hose Ravens

Pats hose the NFL

NFL now has the duty ...... to even this up or if you prefer "make things right"

bye bye Pats.

Succinct! :drive:

Historian
01-20-2015, 11:27 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10428662_861994297180593_8906089673299930167_n.jpg?oh=334fe3ea7fdeaee2a985098b3f4019dd&oe=5525C88D&__gda__=1432842471_22dc09ad2639db73ba98edcee260f515

better days
01-20-2015, 11:30 AM

WRONG. Each team on OFFENSE uses its own balls.

The Pats* were using a deflated ball on offense, while the Colts ball was fully inflated.

jamze132
01-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Not that the deflated balls had anything to do with the outcome, it's typical NE douchery at its finest.

better days
01-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Not that the deflated balls had anything to do with the outcome, it's typical NE douchery at its finest.

Why would you think it had no effect on the outcome of the game?

The deflated ball is easier to grip & throw.

Brady may have thrown a few ints with a LEGAL ball as well as more incomplete passes.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2015, 12:27 PM
The funniest part of this is...

The ref spotted that particularly ball for the play, noticed nothing amiss, D'Qwell Jackson intercepts the ball and hands it to his equipment manager, allegedly, who states the ball is underinflated. At the time of this INT, the game is 14-7 so the refs would have been more vigilant at checking and making sure the ball was properly inflated when New England took the field. After deflategate would have been settled, if it happened, New England put up 31 more points.

:rofl:

paladin warrior
01-20-2015, 03:36 PM
If NFL courts take away patriot 1st round draft . It would be nice NFL court gave to Buffalo Bills 1st round draft from Patriot .

YardRat
01-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Damn, I hope this turns out to be true and doesn't get kicked under the rug.

Strongman
01-20-2015, 05:04 PM
Damn, I hope this turns out to be true and doesn't get kicked under the rug.

I hope so too, but I just don't see much happening even if it is true. Knowing the NFL, the NFL will implicate the ball attendant or something like that. There's too much money to at stake by doing a real investigation and hurting one of the NFL's most profitable franchises.

Strongman
01-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Just read some Tweets that 11 of 12 Patriot game balls were under-inflated by 2 pounds. If true, that can't be a coincidence.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/20/7864117/patriots-deflated-footballs-nfl-new-england-bill-belichick

Strongman
01-20-2015, 09:40 PM
@mortreport: NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

@mortreport: NFL has no comment at this time and Patriots say they will continue to cooperate with the investigation. More on SpotrsCenter.

@JasonLaCanfora: As NFL investigates Deflate-gate would be wise to speak to Ravens. Some there believe kicking balls used in their playoff game underinflated

@JasonLaCanfora: There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game

Night Train
01-21-2015, 03:23 AM
The point is being missed.

Patroits would have won that game with bean bags. Yet they have won zero SB's after spygate and this continues to tarnish their legacy in the eyes of many outside of Boston.

11 of the 12 balls were between 15-18% deflated, which aids grip in freezing rain. Of course Goodell will give his father Bob Kraft some minor fine and downplay it... but the damage is done.

This is why I wish Seattle to win and further place the post spygate * next to anything they did.

They are a legit good team and still wish to cheat by any means necessary.

I'm more than happy to see them get crushed in the press and cast doubt in the eyes of the public.

better days
01-21-2015, 06:41 AM
The point is being missed.

Patroits would have won that game with bean bags. Yet they have won zero SB's after spygate and this continues to tarnish their legacy in the eyes of many outside of Boston.

11 of the 12 balls were between 15-18% deflated, which aids grip in freezing rain. Of course Goodell will give his father Bob Kraft some minor fine and downplay it... but the damage is done.

This is why I wish Seattle to win and further place the post spygate * next to anything they did.

They are a legit good team and still wish to cheat by any means necessary.

I'm more than happy to see them get crushed in the press and cast doubt in the eyes of the public.

You DON'T KNOW if the Pats* would have won that game if they did not CHEAT.

There is no way to know that.

better days
01-21-2015, 06:45 AM
I hope so too, but I just don't see much happening even if it is true. Knowing the NFL, the NFL will implicate the ball attendant or something like that. There's too much money to at stake by doing a real investigation and hurting one of the NFL's most profitable franchises.

Even if it costs them a draft pick or two, BIG DEAL.

I'm sure we would all be willing to give up a draft pick or two for the Bills to have a chance to play in the Super Bowl.

But even if the Pats* win, it will be TARNISHED because of the CHEATING.

And NO CHEATER should ever get in the HOF.

chris66
01-21-2015, 08:28 AM

I'm sure we would all be willing to give up a draft pick or two for the Bills to have a chance to play in the Super Bowl.

Superbowl is a sb win. No one cares if its a little tarnished. Im glad this came outm it puts the Pats in an us against the world mentality.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Superbowl is a sb win. No one cares if its a little tarnished. Im glad this came outm it puts the Pats in an us against the world mentality.

You must be a Patriots fan to make these ridiculous statements.

chris66
01-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Nothing ridiculous about it. There's big money on the line. Do whatever you can get away with

better days
01-21-2015, 08:40 AM

Yes, chris66 is a CHEATERS fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing ridiculous about it. There's big money on the line. Do whatever you can get away with

TOO bad for your fan base the rest of the NFL will forever view your team as nothing more than CHEATERS.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 08:42 AM

What a piece of **** mentality to take.

Night Train
01-21-2015, 12:00 PM
A nightmare for the NFL. This happening just as the world press is arriving in Arizona for the SB.

They could now care less about the game and will just hammer on this. A PR disaster for the league.

harmonkoz
01-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Posted this in the other thread, figured it belonged here as well. Ex head of officiating with a pretty straight up take.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cSHXKSBzuCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Strongman
01-21-2015, 12:11 PM

Preaching to the choir. If it was up to me, Pats* would lose a draft pick, Belichick* would be banned from the NFL, and Brady* would be suspended for the Super Bowl and all of next season.

ckg927
01-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Ah, but wait! There might be a cure! (Presuming, of course, the NFL WANTS to use this rule...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N50xBZQBZGY

Strongman
01-21-2015, 06:57 PM
The Plot Thickens...

The Baltimore Ravens tipped off the Indianapolis Colts going into the AFC title game about the Patriots doctoring the air in footballs, according to FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/deflategate-baltimore-ravens-indianapolis-colts-deflated-footballs-012115

harmonkoz
01-23-2015, 08:28 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Patriots&#39; logo has been updated (h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/GrafixJoker">@GrafixJoker</a>) <a href="http://t.co/b0VEMJr6Vh">pic.twitter.com/b0VEMJr6Vh</a></p>&mdash; Bart Hubbuch (@BartHubbuch) <a href="https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/558492602899890179">January 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

justasportsfan
01-23-2015, 09:53 AM
nothing is going to happen because evidence will once again disappear or get destroyed just like spygate.

harmonkoz
01-23-2015, 09:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This Deflategate video from <a href="https://twitter.com/billy_baker">@billy_baker</a> is lots of fun: <a href="http://t.co/4BXLzjpz4P">http://t.co/4BXLzjpz4P</a></p>&mdash; Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/status/558662188953792512">January 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IlluminatusUIUC
01-23-2015, 11:35 AM
The Plot Thickens...

The Baltimore Ravens tipped off the Indianapolis Colts going into the AFC title game about the Patriots doctoring the air in footballs, according to FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/deflategate-baltimore-ravens-indianapolis-colts-deflated-footballs-012115

Other reports claim the Colts started to get suspicious during their regular season game. I don't know which one , if either, is correct.

Discotrish
01-23-2015, 01:35 PM
nothing is going to happen because evidence will once again disappear or get destroyed just like spygate.

You have the evidence of 11 deflated balls, and only two people who had the motivation to make sure that it happened. And one person held in his hands the proof prior to the game and for the entire first half. Chris Carter was asked if he would know the difference. He said he would definitely know.

So Tom Brady knew the balls were deflated. The only real question was if it was done against his will.

Forcible Deflation? Or just Statutory Deflation?

Patti

sudzy
01-23-2015, 02:55 PM

I would trade every draft choice in the next 3 drafts for one championship.

paladin warrior
01-23-2015, 02:58 PM
If it found guilty. Then Bans patriot stadium and travel for year .

Discotrish
01-23-2015, 05:39 PM
If the Patriots have no idea HOW it happened, they won't be able to prevent it from happening again.

Patti

IlluminatusUIUC
01-23-2015, 07:48 PM
So Tom Brady knew the balls were deflated. The only real question was if it was done against his will.

Forcible Deflation? Or just Statutory Deflation?

Ok THAT was funny

upstart
01-23-2015, 08:13 PM
If it found guilty. Then Bans patriot stadium and travel for year .

I laugh

Skooby
01-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Mass-HOLES think this is funny.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-24-2015, 12:40 AM
Wonder what kind of "advice" Pegula got from Kraft.

sudzy
01-24-2015, 05:46 AM
They won't stop until the hammer comes down.

If this is even remotely true, the league needs to pull the plug.

That's not true. Remember when the Ray Rice stuff hit the fan? The media demands answers from the NFL. It's on every paper's front page. People are calling for Goodell's head. The NFL starts it's song and dance. "A thorough, transparent, independent, investigation" they sing. Tick, tick, tick. Time passes, the mob disburses. Then one day you read, in the lower left corner of the sports page 6, "NFL found not guilty of any wrong doing." It's what going to happen here. Right now it's front page news, the headline story on CNN. Every question next week will be answered with "A thorough, transparent, independent, investigation". That will get you through till the end of the season. Then someday in May or June you'll read "Pats get slap on the wrist" somewhere on the lower left corner of page 6.