X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

I Think The Bills Are Going To Draft Bryce Petty In The 2nd Round

Listening to the John Murphy Show (live from the Senior Bowl) and heard him say that Bryce Petty is being called the, "3rd best quarterback prospect," in the 2015 NFL Draft behind Mariota and Winston.

Petty will be playing in the Senior Bowl this Saturday in Mobile, Alabama.

I think he will provide EJ Manuel the best competition.

Garrett Grayson looks like an interesting prospect as well, but when you look at his statistics compared to Petty's, take a good look at the teams they played against and how each player finished the season.

View the profile of Miami Dolphins Quarterback Bryce Petty on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

View the profile of Denver Broncos Quarterback Garrett Grayson on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Grayson tanked at the end of the year, and Petty peaked.

In 13 games, Bryce Petty led Baylor's innovative, NFL friendly and very pass happy offense to an average of 48 points per game!

34 points per game for Grayson.

Bryce Petty will definitely be on the Bills draft radar this off-season.

Quick release, strong arm.

Petty can make NFL throws, on the run too.

This is my favorite. 1 minute 5 seconds in.

6'3 230 lbs, turns 24 years old May 31st.

The Bills need to draft who they think is the best quarterback available every year until they get it right.

Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, and Roethlisberger are glaring examples why they should do that.

Petty can be had in the 2nd round, I just hope the Bills don't gamble and hope he's available in the 3rd.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: I Think The Bills Are Going To Draft Bryce Petty In The 2nd Round

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

The Bills need to draft who they think is the best quarterback available every year until they get it right.

Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, and Roethlisberger are glaring examples why they should do that.

Petty can be had in the 2nd round, I just hope the Bills don't gamble and hope he's available in the 3rd.

Why are these guys glaring examples why the Bills should draft a QB every year? Their teams didn't do that?

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

yeah two plus two equals potatoe
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Lone Stranger
        • Sep 2002

I would not call the first film clip a rousing endorsement of his capability. Missed several long throws. And was inaccurate on a few occasions.

Comment

• harmonkoz
          Spartacus is a troll
          • Oct 2002

We'd be better off coaxing Orton out of retirement with a fifth of Jack.
          The Dolphins Blow, the Jets Swallow, and the Patriots take it in the arse.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            Listening to the John Murphy Show (live from the Senior Bowl) and heard him say that Bryce Petty is being called the, "3rd best quarterback prospect," in the 2015 NFL Draft behind Mariota and Winston.

Petty will be playing in the Senior Bowl this Saturday in Mobile, Alabama.

I think he will provide EJ Manuel the best competition.

Garrett Grayson looks like an interesting prospect as well, but when you look at his statistics compared to Petty's, take a good look at the teams they played against and how each player finished the season.

View the profile of Miami Dolphins Quarterback Bryce Petty on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

View the profile of Denver Broncos Quarterback Garrett Grayson on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Grayson tanked at the end of the year, and Petty peaked.

In 13 games, Bryce Petty led Baylor's innovative, NFL friendly and very pass happy offense to an average of 48 points per game!

34 points per game for Grayson.

Bryce Petty will definitely be on the Bills draft radar this off-season.

Quick release, strong arm.

You need to understand that Petty's system is the same system RGIII played at Baylor and there are concerns about RGIII's ability to read defenses therefore it's going to be a similar criticism made of Petty. Yet Petty isn't as athletically gifted as RGIII was prior to his NFL injuries. As the case with EJ reaching for a QB doesn't mean that he's going to become the franchise QB we hope. To me the only good thing about EJ's play as to me he has shown he was the best QB prospect in his draft class so even though he was a bit of a reach at least our scouting staff picked the best QB and didn't make a mistake in drafting a worse player ahead of him. If I'm learning anything this playoffs is that good teams seem to put their QBs in schemes that best suit their talents. All the great things you've said about Perry have been said about numerous QB prospects in the past those that have gone on to good and not so good things. I hope Roman shows he can build an offense on EJ and/or whomever our QB ultimately is and perhaps he can based on his "success with Alex Smith and Kap". If the Bills want to give EJ a true competition than we should sign a veteran QB. While none of the veterans available in UFA scream to be franchise QBs all of them are still young enough that might be at the very least serviceable and guys who could develop into a guy who can avoid other teams forcing 8 men in the box to stop our running game and good enough to toss about 1.0-1.5 TDs per game and avoid costly turnovers. To me the guy out there that's the most NFL ready to do so is Colt McCoy. Yet I think EJ has a bigger upside. Another QB with offers a similar upside to EJ is Blaine Gabbert who I've brought up a few times and think has a legit chance at being the guy we sign this offseason. As I mentioned before he benefits that Roman seemingly liked him in San Fran and think he's got the biggest upside of the to be UFAs QBs. Yet personally I think Christian Ponder is a little less riskier and think could be the best mentor type QB (outside of an over aged Shaun Hill) for EJ. Yet if Chan Gailey turns out to be the Jets OC we could get in a bidding war that could lose because the Jets have more cap room.
            Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-19-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              Why are these guys glaring examples why the Bills should draft a QB every year?
              Playoff berths and Super Bowl rings.

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

If we're going with a project QB again, no point imho in doing it in the second when there will be some available later.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

This year is terrible for QB's. 2016 is far better.

The FA or trade route isn't exactly inspiring but it's the wiser avenue to find a couple candidates to push Manuel this summer.

Concentrate on finding a couple massive Guards who can move out DT's and make sure the RB position is deep with guys who can pound the rock.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

The Baylor offense isn't 'NFL friendly', and Petty won't be the BPA when we get to pick even if he is still there.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      This year is terrible for QB's. 2016 is far better.

The FA or trade route isn't exactly inspiring but it's the wiser avenue to find a couple candidates to push Manuel this summer.

Concentrate on finding a couple massive Guards who can move out DT's and make sure the RB position is deep with guys who can pound the rock.
                      We say this every year. Doesn't turn out to be true.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                        except that one time when it mattered it really was...the year we took Manuel

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                          It does though. How many young QBs outside of Luck have come out in the last few years that are anything special? Wilson, the lone exception? There QB position has been less and less coming into the NFL almost every year. Derek Carr was the gold standard this year. Barf.

It's an awful QB class coming out, don't fool yourself.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

And next week you will start a thread predicting the Bills will pick Brett Hundley if he is available in the 2nd round

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

So if we draft Petty and he struggles early on like most young qb's do, how many games will he get before fans want to throw him under the bus?

Comment

Working...
                              X