• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Via WGR text... Doug Marrone...

Assistant head coach/O-line coach Jags
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-20-2015, 10:25 AM.
  • jimmifli
    • Nov 2006

Re: Via WGR text... Doug Marrone...

Haha, Oline coach with a face saving title thrown in by a friend.

Comment

• wolfpack
      • Aug 2008

Watch this line take off. Alfie, are you able to find some stats regarding his offensive line with the Jets? His work there was supposed to be what set his career into orbit, or so I hear from Jets fans.
      by TheGreatCatsby on Jan 20, 2015 | 11:57 AMreply

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Notice that the entire article did not once mention that he was the head coach for the Bills. Very curious.

Marrone has a background working with the offensive line and has been an offensive coordinator previously, spending three seasons under Sean Payton on the New Orleans Saints.

Marrone moved from the Saints to be the head coach of Syracuse in the college ranks, leading the Orange to the most wins in a season they've had since 2001 in 2010, with an 8-5 record. In his final season with the Orange the team had a share of the Big East title and beat West Virginia 38-14 in the Pinstripe Bowl.

As mentioned, Marrone has a wealth of experience in the NFL coaching offensive line, having spent time with the New York Jets (2002-2005), New Orleans Saints (2006-2008) as well as multiple stops in college coaching offensive line and tight ends.

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
          Notice that the entire article did not once mention that he was the head coach for the Bills. Very curious.
          In all fairness he didn't coach the Oline here. Well not to any tangible results.

Highest paid oline coach in the league!!

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

But...but...what about the posts the past few days claiming he'd never get another NFL job?
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DesertFox24
              • Jul 2005

Why he took job in Jax is puzzling. The jags need to win probably 7 games for that staff to be retained and that is going to be tough. Considering they play the AFC East and the NFC south which I highly doubt will be as bad as it was last year. Lets us not forget four games against Colts and Texans.

The one thing I will say is Jax has built their OL around zone blocking, where Buffalo did not build that way. Hopefully we will go away from that crap. That being said Marrone could have some success with that line as that is the way they are built.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                But...but...what about the posts the past few days claiming he'd never get another NFL job?
                I think most of those were directed towards a HC gig.

I'm pretty confident saying that Marrone overplayed his hand and has regrets about leaving Buffalo at this point. There are only 32 NFL HC jobs in the world and he had one and threw it away.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Jim Rome just SAVAGED Marrone. It was a thing of beauty.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                    Why he took job in Jax is puzzling. The jags need to win probably 7 games for that staff to be retained and that is going to be tough. Considering they play the AFC East and the NFC south which I highly doubt will be as bad as it was last year. Lets us not forget four games against Colts and Texans.

The one thing I will say is Jax has built their OL around zone blocking, where Buffalo did not build that way. Hopefully we will go away from that crap. That being said Marrone could have some success with that line as that is the way they are built.
                    Marrone will,take over as HC when the current staff is fired, bank on it
                    "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                      • Feb 2009

Which is why,he took that job i believe, because there is a chance to take over as HC
                      "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

LOL, he took the job because it was the only job available to him in the NFL.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

Marrone, new Jaguars offensive line coach, per ESPN. Will face the Bills 2015

The Jacksonville Jaguars have hired former Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone to be an assistant head coach for offense and offensive line coach.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Re: Marrone, new Jaguars offensive line coach, per ESPN. Will face the Bills 2015

In London

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

The fate of that whole staff is tied to the development of Blake Bortles. If he develops and lives up to his draft billing, they are looking good. If not, it becomes someone else's team to run.

They still haven't hired an offensive coordinator, though they have interviewed Adam Gase and may hope he takes the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X