PDA

View Full Version : Via WGR text... Doug Marrone...

Yasgur's Farm
01-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Assistant head coach/O-line coach Jags
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/20/7857687/jaguars-hire-doug-marrone-as-offensive-line-coach-per-report

jimmifli
01-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Haha, Oline coach with a face saving title thrown in by a friend.

wolfpack
01-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Watch this line take off. Alfie, are you able to find some stats regarding his offensive line with the Jets? His work there was supposed to be what set his career into orbit, or so I hear from Jets fans.
by TheGreatCatsby (http://www.sbnation.com/users/TheGreatCatsby) on Jan 20, 2015 | 11:57 AM (http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/20/7857687/jaguars-hire-doug-marrone-as-offensive-line-coach-per-report#284643262)reply (http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/20/7857687/jaguars-hire-doug-marrone-as-offensive-line-coach-per-report#)

Mr. Miyagi
01-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Notice that the entire article did not once mention that he was the head coach for the Bills. Very curious.

Marrone has a background working with the offensive line and has been an offensive coordinator previously, spending three seasons under Sean Payton on the New Orleans Saints.

Marrone moved from the Saints to be the head coach of Syracuse in the college ranks, leading the Orange to the most wins in a season they've had since 2001 in 2010, with an 8-5 record. In his final season with the Orange the team had a share of the Big East title and beat West Virginia 38-14 in the Pinstripe Bowl.

As mentioned, Marrone has a wealth of experience in the NFL coaching offensive line, having spent time with the New York Jets (2002-2005), New Orleans Saints (2006-2008) as well as multiple stops in college coaching offensive line and tight ends.

mightysimi
01-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Notice that the entire article did not once mention that he was the head coach for the Bills. Very curious.

In all fairness he didn't coach the Oline here. Well not to any tangible results.

Highest paid oline coach in the league!!

stuckincincy
01-20-2015, 10:56 AM
But...but...what about the posts the past few days claiming he'd never get another NFL job? :pimped:

DesertFox24
01-20-2015, 11:05 AM
Why he took job in Jax is puzzling. The jags need to win probably 7 games for that staff to be retained and that is going to be tough. Considering they play the AFC East and the NFC south which I highly doubt will be as bad as it was last year. Lets us not forget four games against Colts and Texans.

The one thing I will say is Jax has built their OL around zone blocking, where Buffalo did not build that way. Hopefully we will go away from that crap. That being said Marrone could have some success with that line as that is the way they are built.

jamze132
01-20-2015, 11:07 AM
But...but...what about the posts the past few days claiming he'd never get another NFL job? :pimped:

I think most of those were directed towards a HC gig.

I'm pretty confident saying that Marrone overplayed his hand and has regrets about leaving Buffalo at this point. There are only 32 NFL HC jobs in the world and he had one and threw it away.

WagonCircler
01-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Jim Rome just SAVAGED Marrone. It was a thing of beauty.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Why he took job in Jax is puzzling. The jags need to win probably 7 games for that staff to be retained and that is going to be tough. Considering they play the AFC East and the NFC south which I highly doubt will be as bad as it was last year. Lets us not forget four games against Colts and Texans.

The one thing I will say is Jax has built their OL around zone blocking, where Buffalo did not build that way. Hopefully we will go away from that crap. That being said Marrone could have some success with that line as that is the way they are built.

Marrone will,take over as HC when the current staff is fired, bank on it

Dying_-2-_Live
01-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Which is why,he took that job i believe, because there is a chance to take over as HC

jamze132
01-20-2015, 11:23 AM

LOL, he took the job because it was the only job available to him in the NFL.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-20-2015, 11:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12199418/jacksonville-jaguars-hire-doug-marrone-assistant-head-coach

jamze132
01-20-2015, 11:34 AM
In London

GingerP
01-20-2015, 11:36 AM

The fate of that whole staff is tied to the development of Blake Bortles. If he develops and lives up to his draft billing, they are looking good. If not, it becomes someone else's team to run.

They still haven't hired an offensive coordinator, though they have interviewed Adam Gase and may hope he takes the job.

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 11:39 AM
OH cool! We get to face his OL in England.

better days
01-20-2015, 11:40 AM

DOUBTFUL, but that would be great.

Too bad it is not the Jets or Fins that hired him.

Can't wait to play the Jags in London....Marrone goes up to Fred Jackson to shake his hand before the game...Fred turns his back to him & walks away.

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 11:42 AM
.Marrone goes up to Fred Jackson to shake his hand before the game...Fred turns his back to him & walks away.

don't think FJ will stoop to Marrones level.

Dixon and Spikes(if we resign him) however.....

better days
01-20-2015, 11:46 AM
don't think FJ will stoop to Marrones level.

Dixon and Spikes(if we resign him) however.....

Well, Fred said of Marrone, "he is just another guy now."

Fred was pissed when Marrone QUIT the team.

Not so much that he quit, but the way that he quit, never said a word to any of the players.

Then sent the same text to all.

Probably did not even tell his asst Coaches he was quitting until after the fact.

I think it is more likely Fred walks away than he shakes Marrone's hand.

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Maybe they can hire HAckett to be their OC.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-20-2015, 11:49 AM
OH MY GOD, the thought of a Doug Marrone coached OLine against Dareus and the Williams is making me crazy hyped!

And we know that he's obsessed with what people say about him so he's probably reading this thread.

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Well, Fred said of Marrone, "he is just another guy now."

Fred was pissed when Marrone QUIT the team.

Not so much that he quit, but the way that he quit, never said a word to any of the players.

Then sent the same text to all.

Probably did not even tell his asst Coaches he was quitting until after the fact.

I think it is more likely Fred walks away than he shakes Marrone's hand.

Fred is more mature than Marrone.

feldspar
01-20-2015, 11:58 AM
They still haven't hired an offensive coordinator, though they have interviewed Adam Gase and may hope he takes the job.

I hope they hire Nate Hackett as offensive coordinator.

I also hope they have some kind of press conference with Marrone (he IS the "Assistant Head Coach"), and he's asked to explain his exit from Buffalo.

Meathead
01-20-2015, 12:02 PM
way to work your magic doug

coastal
01-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Down two pay grades and as the Bills are stabilizing organizationally... Marrone is off to the Jags?

how to destroy your career before it even gets going... by Doug Marrone.

Skooby
01-20-2015, 12:13 PM
His pay went from $4 M to $400,000 in one fail swoop.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 12:27 PM
His pay went from $4 M to $400,000 in one fail swoop.

Is that a real number or are you guessing? I'm really curious to know what his salary is right now.

Skooby
01-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Is that a real number or are you guessing? I'm really curious to know what his salary is right now.

100% guess.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM
100% guess.

Well, for corn's sake..

Mahdi
01-20-2015, 12:45 PM

You think that if the Jags tank and their HC is fired, ownership will turn to Marrone as the franchise saving HC? Doubt it.

Skooby
01-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Well, for corn's sake..

How much can the Jags pay an assistant Head Coach ?? The team is the bottom of the barrel in the league, including the amount of debt they carry.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
How much can the Jags pay an assistant Head Coach ?? The team is the bottom of the barrel in the league, including the amount of debt they carry.

They probably wouldn't be paying an O-line coach very much money, but they did add the title of Assistant Head Coach. Back when Marrone was still expected to be our coach, my solution to Schwartz being poached for a Head Coaching job was to give him the title of Assistant Head Coach with a decent bump in pay. It would be reasonable to think Marrone is making a decent chunk of change in Jacksonville.

Mr. Miyagi
01-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Jim Rome just SAVAGED Marrone. It was a thing of beauty.
Link?

Night Train
01-20-2015, 01:28 PM

Yes, this is what agent Jimmy Sexton had in mind when he advised his client to opt out. O Line coach for the most invisible franchise in the NFL with a face saving title (Asst. HC) that was probably insisted on.

That cunning Marrone..

Epic FAIL.

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 01:29 PM
How much can the Jags pay an assistant Head Coach ??

as much as interns.

EDS
01-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Does Marrone still get the $4m from the Bills if he is on the payroll of another NFL team?

bdutton
01-20-2015, 01:58 PM

According to jobmonkey.com:

Pay: Most assistants make in the $250,000 range and most head coaches make $3 million and up

Zero
01-20-2015, 02:00 PM
A monumental miscalculation on Marrone's part- and I'm being kind. Its hard to envision a scenario where he gets another head coaching job in the NFL in the forseeable future.

Kharma in action I suppose...

stuckincincy
01-20-2015, 02:04 PM

Pay: Most assistants make in the $250,000 range and most head coaches make $3 million and up
An alternative view, albeit dated:

http://www.ehow.com/info_12077905_average-salary-offensive-line-coach-nfl.html

Add in the $ for the assistant HC title...

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 02:06 PM

I have to think that when they say 'assistants' that they're not encompassing Assistant Head Coaches though, right? I would love to believe that his salary was cut by almost 95%.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 02:09 PM
An alternative view, albeit dated:

http://www.ehow.com/info_12077905_average-salary-offensive-line-coach-nfl.html

Add in the $ for the assistant HC title...

Wow, I would never have thought that O-line coaches could make up to $1 million. I can't believe that Marrone is on the upper tier of this group though, although he is titled as Assistant Head Coach. I really hope the real number comes out soon.

stuckincincy
01-20-2015, 02:10 PM
I have to think that when they say 'assistants' that they're not encompassing Assistant Head Coaches though, right? I would love to believe that his salary was cut by almost 95%.

BUF had a winning season. I don't understand why folks are so bent on stabbing the guy - when he signed on, he was praised to the high heavens (turned Syracuse around blah blah blah) and at the same time folks were condemning the front office to h*ll for not providing the "tools."

The hipocrisy drips...

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 02:17 PM
BUF had a winning season. I don't understand why folks are so bent on stabbing the guy - when he signed on, he was praised to the high heavens (turned Syracuse around blah blah blah) and at the same time folks were condemning the front office to h*ll for not providing the "tools."

The hipocrisy drips...

He quit on us, **** him. It's as simple as that for me.

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 02:29 PM

The hipocrisy drips...
he quit on everyone . The fans, players and his very own staff. Took the 4 million , ran away and left everyone in limbo.Thought he was going to get the jets job.

Remember what he said when he was hired " "I feel this town," he said. "The core values here, again, are something I look for. We're going to be proud of this organization."

Wanna ask who the hypocrite is here? The man has no integrity.

stuckincincy
01-20-2015, 02:39 PM
He quit on us, **** him. It's as simple as that for me.

The NFL is owned an exclusive club of 32 owners who play with their toys in a uniquely protected business environment. They are mostly vainglorious, narcissistic men, who have been going steady with themselves for decades and have successfully conned localities to build them their places of business...and who will cut off the nuts of management and players alike if it suites them. With the snap of the fingers.

It's a no-prisoners-taken entertainment biz. Players and staff alike hop around to new gigs like streetwalkers. Loyalty - sadly - means little across employment these days.

WagonCircler
01-20-2015, 02:48 PM
The NFL is owned an exclusive club of 32 owners who play with their toys in a uniquely protected business environment. They are mostly vainglorious, narcissistic men, who have been going steady with themselves for decades and have successfully conned localities to build them their places of business...and who will cut off the nuts of management and players alike if it suites them. With the snap of the fingers..

Even if we take this as a given, for the sake of argument, it doesn't apply to Pegula, so it's not valid in this case.

The reality is simple. Marrone thought he had the Jets job in the bag--a disastrous, career killing miscalculation. He thought had be slick and double up on salary next year. He thought wrong.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2015, 02:50 PM
The NFL is owned an exclusive club of 32 owners who play with their toys in a uniquely protected business environment. They are mostly vainglorious, narcissistic men, who have been going steady with themselves for decades and have successfully conned localities to build them their places of business...and who will cut off the nuts of management and players alike if it suites them. With the snap of the fingers.

It's a no-prisoners-taken entertainment biz. Players and staff alike hop around to new gigs like streetwalkers. Loyalty - sadly - means little across employment these days.

The Bills have not been run in this fashion historically. If anything, the Bills have been much too loyal to some of their staff. Marrone didn't have to quit, he could've stayed, got the team into the playoffs, got an extension, and made way more money than he is making now. He was a coward and didn't think he could do that. He thought his one year of 9 wins warranted a pay raise and tried to strong arm a brand new NFL owner.

Like I said, **** him.

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Loyalty - sadly - means little across employment these days.It's one thing for the owners to do it to coaches and players but it's another thing to do it to your own assistant coaches which Marrone did.

I am starting to believe what was said about Marrone.

He left Syracuse which was his "DREAM JOB" because he knew they were moving to a tougher division , they were losing Nassib , 2(?) receivers and his top OL player to the NFL. He knew he would have a hard time repeating his modest success under those circumstances so he left his DREAM JOB to join the bills. He didn't want his name tainted should syracuse struggle in 2014, which they did.

With the bills "I UNDERSTAND THE FANS OF THIS REGION" same thing all over again. Although Schwartz and the D got the bills to a winning season in a long time, Marrone is more than willing to take credit for 9-7 . Marrone got spooked because Orton decided to retire. Left without a QB, Marrone once again isn't confident in himself to do better than 9-7 and leaves the bills thinking he would take over a horrible Jets team that has no where to go but up so he can take credit again.

I hope the jags OL craps on him so his name gets tainted even more and he can cry about it.

OLDSRIP
01-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Which is why,he took that job i believe, because there is a chance to take over as HC

So he is going to be plotting against the head coach from day one. This should be interesting.

better days
01-20-2015, 03:04 PM

The hipocrisy drips...

NONSENSE. Many people on this board questioned the Marrone hire at the time it happened.

Including myself.

Marrone had a MEDIOCRE record in a MEDIOCRE conference when the Bills hired him.

And the Bills may have had a 9-7 record last year, but..

A) Did NOT make the playoffs

B) LOST to the Raiders who only beat two other teams which knocked the Bills out of the playoffs.

C) Won the last game against a Patriots* team that had nothing to play for & sat out MANY STARTERS. That win is DUBIOUS at best.

stuckincincy
01-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Even if we take this as a given, for the sake of argument, it doesn't apply to Pegula, so it's not valid in this case.

The reality is simple. Marrone thought he had the Jets job in the bag--a disastrous, career killing miscalculation. He thought had be slick and double up on salary next year. He thought wrong.

I've seen no substantive indication that he was in line for the Jets' job - other than the musings of the pundits, who are in it for the $, same as Marrone. I think he thought right - 12 M over 2 years and about a month, bennies up the wazoo. A fat living as the Syr. HC. Now, more cash with JAX plus the usual benefits.

I think he's played the status quo well. Career killing - he will get football jobs until the day he decides to retire - once your are in, you are in. Witness the gig with JAX. How long did that take?

justasportsfan
01-20-2015, 03:08 PM
. Witness the gig with JAX. How long did that take?

its not hard to get a demotion fast. Anyone who was a HC can easily get a position coaching job. See Jauron after he left the bills.

Strongman
01-20-2015, 03:08 PM
It's one thing for the owners to do it to coaches and players but it's another thing to do it to your own assistant coaches which Marrone did.

He left Syracuse which was his "DREAM JOB" because he knew they were moving to a tougher division , they were losing Nassib , 2(?) receivers and his top OL player to the NFL. He knew he would have a hard time repeating his modest success under those circumstances so he left his DREAM JOB to join the bills. He didn't want his name tainted should syracuse struggle in 2014, which they did.

With the bills "I UNDERSTAND THE FANS OF THIS REGION" same thing all over again. Although Schwartz and the D got the bills to a winning season in a long time, Marrone is more than willing to take credit for 9-7 . Marrone got spooked because Orton decided to retire. Left without a QB, Marrone once again isn't confident in himself to do better than 9-7 and leaves the bills thinking he would take over a horrible Jets team that has no where to go but up so he can take credit again.

I hope the jags OL craps on him so his name gets tainted even more and he can cry about it.

It's pretty clear Marrone is a job hopping opportunist. Probably the only reason he took this job was he's also the Assistant HC and probably worked something into his contract he'll get first crack at the interim HC job when Gas Bradley gets fired.

I don't have anything against the Jags, but this is the kind of hire they don't need.

stuckincincy
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
NONSENSE. Many people on this board questioned the Marrone hire at the time it happened.

Including myself.

Marrone had a MEDIOCRE record in a MEDIOCRE conference when the Bills hired him.

And the Bills may have had a 9-7 record last year, but..

A) Did NOT make the playoffs

B) LOST to the Raiders who only beat two other teams which knocked the Bills out of the playoffs.

C) Won the last game against a Patriots* team that had nothing to play for & sat out MANY STARTERS. That win is DUBIOUS at best.

BULL. He was praised as the second coming by most. The enthusiasm was HIGH.

OPTIMISM was dripping from the WALLS.

better days
01-20-2015, 03:12 PM
I've seen no substantive indication that he was in line for the Jets' job - other than the musings of the pundits, who are in it for the $, same as Marrone. I think he thought right - 12 M over 2 years and about a month, bennies up the wazoo. A fat living as the Syr. HC. Now, more cash with JAX plus the usual benefits.

I think he's played the status quo well. Career killing - he will get football jobs until the day he decides to retire - once your are in, you are in. Witness the gig with JAX. How long did that take?

So you equate a OL Coaching job with a HEAD COACHING JOB?

And if, the Jags fail to perform on OL this year, GOOD LUCK with the next job.

better days
01-20-2015, 03:14 PM
BULL. He was praised as the second coming by most. The enthusiasm was HIGH.

OPTIMISM was dripping from the WALLS.

I will see your Bull & raise you a SPIT.

BULL SPIT.

The VAST MAJORITY of this board QUESTIONED the hire.

Only Syracuse fans were pumped about the hire of Marrone.

Strongman
01-20-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm looking forward to the Bills/Jags game in London.

Something tells me Rex is going to embarrass Doug Marrone's OL in a game the NFL is sure to hype because it's in London.

The Jokeman
01-20-2015, 03:47 PM

It makes perfect sense as the Jags have a defensive minded coach who is in his 3rd year in 2015 and has earned 7 wins in his first two seasons. If the Jags struggle again their HC could be on the outs but if the offensive line and/or offensive improves who better to step in to be the HC than their current assistant HC/O-line coach?

YardRat
01-20-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm not too surprised he latched on as a position coach, but have to admit the Asst HC title threw me a little bit. I've got to believe it was a face-saving gesture negotiated by his agent, as jimmi and NTrain alluded to.

Albany,n.y.
01-20-2015, 04:54 PM

BULL SPIT.

Here's the truth: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/216403-New-HC-Doug-Marrone

Albany,n.y.
01-20-2015, 05:13 PM

BULL SPIT.

I just reviewed the thread I linked & I have to commend you on your consistency. If nothing else we know you hated the Marrone hiring from day 1. Majority, yes, Vast, not so sure. But then if we reviewed any hire, draft choice etc, I'm sure there would be more negative opinions than positive ones-that's the nature of a message board for a team with 15 straight seasons of no playoffs.
If there had been a message board in 1985, I guarantee there would have been more negative posts about drafting Bruce Smith than positive ones.

harmonkoz
01-20-2015, 07:39 PM
So he is going to be plotting against the head coach from day one. This should be interesting.

I think so. Probably why he is not OC. If they gave him AC, they obviously would be comfortable with him as OC, but if he takes that role, with a high probability of failure how do they sell him as the next head coach. They don't. So he takes the o-line job, and waits, there is talent there.

Mace
01-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Sad part to me is reading Jags boards. They think they got quite the catch.

That's why I always read opposing fan boards before getting excited when we hire anyone. I never buy the "suchandsuch teams fans don't have a clue" and pattern is always pattern.

Funny thing, I think that may be Marrone's niche and he might do ok, but not legendary. But he didn't help our o-line ? He had HC work and Pat Morris along with Boy Hackett in the mix. Left to just the o-line, I guess we'll see.

Funnier thing, I think he'll be out of a job again anyway when Khan loses patience with Bradley anyway. I don't see Khan replacing Bradley with Marrone unless it's only interim.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Marrone screwed every coordinator he brought to Buffalo except for two guys that Ryan kept. Can't see how this guy ever coaches an NFL team again.

He's a scum.

better days
01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
I just reviewed the thread I linked & I have to commend you on your consistency. If nothing else we know you hated the Marrone hiring from day 1. Majority, yes, Vast, not so sure. But then if we reviewed any hire, draft choice etc, I'm sure there would be more negative opinions than positive ones-that's the nature of a message board for a team with 15 straight seasons of no playoffs.
If there had been a message board in 1985, I guarantee there would have been more negative posts about drafting Bruce Smith than positive ones.

OK a simple MAJORITY of fans at the least QUESTIONED the Marrone hire.

There was not the support for his hire as Stuck In Cincy said.

And I disagree with Stuck in Cincy about Hypocrisy by those that did support the Marrone hire that now are happy he is gone.

Everyone knows there is no bigger optimist on this board than me, but after someone proves unworthy of further support, there comes a time to give up the ghost.

BertSquirtgum
01-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Can't wait until they name Natey Hackett as the offensive coordinator. What a blow to the ego that would be. Nate Hackett...Moron's boss. That would be the greatest.

Strongman
01-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Can't wait until they name Natey Hackett as the offensive coordinator. What a blow to the ego that would be. Nate Hackett...Moron's boss. That would be the greatest.

Marrone is their Assistant HC. I think if Hackett goes there, Marrone is still his boss.

BertSquirtgum
01-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Marrone is their Assistant HC. I think if Hackett goes there, Marrone is still his boss.

How would the offensive coordinator be under the offensive line coach?

Strongman
01-20-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm assuming the assistant HC is 2nd in command on that coaching staff. It's weird, but Marrone since Marrone is the O-line coach, he is also under himself. LOL

starrymessenger
01-20-2015, 10:32 PM
You have a good point. That Syracuse assistant said he never took a job without plotting his next move.
Of course things never seem to work out quite the way he expects.

WagonCircler
01-20-2015, 10:40 PM
It's weird, but Marrone since Marrone is the O-line coach, he is also under himself. LOL

It's weird, but appropriate. I imagine that being under himself is how he gets his head so far up his ass.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-20-2015, 11:25 PM
It's weird, but appropriate. I imagine that being under himself is how he gets his head so far up his ass.

LMAO checkmate

Historian
01-21-2015, 08:04 AM

FWIW a lot of letters to the BEN were bemoaning the fact that we didn't draft Flutie.

Then in '86, the letters were bemoaning the fact that we had hired Levy over Vermeil.

Fans are fickle.

Historian
01-21-2015, 08:13 AM
In regards to DM...I think everybody kind of took the "well, lets see what this guy brings to the table" attitude. Most never heard of him.

People neither loved nor hated the hire, they hated the way he was hired. "No stone unturned", remember. I hate to keep harping on Brandon, but....

Anyhow, even though the first year was a losing season, I personally saw no quit in that team, despite some glaring holes.

So the following season, I bought season tix, and was rewarded with a winning record.

I thought he was a decent coach....and all this with what we now know was a half hearted effort.

Imagine what he could have done had he tried?

better days
01-21-2015, 08:51 AM
FWIW a lot of letters to the BEN were bemoaning the fact that we didn't draft Flutie.

Then in '86, the letters were bemoaning the fact that we had hired Levy over Vermeil.

Fans are fickle.

Well, if the Bills had hired Vermeil, maybe the Bills would have WON a Super Bowl or two.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm assuming the assistant HC is 2nd in command on that coaching staff. It's weird, but Marrone since Marrone is the O-line coach, he is also under himself. LOL

Turns out his actual title is Assistant to the Head Coach.

Saratoga Slim
01-21-2015, 09:35 AM
It's one thing for the owners to do it to coaches and players but it's another thing to do it to your own assistant coaches which Marrone did.

I agree. I think he thought he did as good as was possible given the QB situation, and simply decided to sell out while his stock was as high as it was going to get--most likely with his agent chirping in his ear that the Jets would hire him.

Monumental miscalculation by St. Doug. I think the opt-out really tarnished his star. I mean, if you were an owner would you want to hire a guy that showed that lack of loyalty?

justasportsfan
01-21-2015, 10:27 AM
I agree. I think he thought he did as good as was possible given the QB situation, and simply decided to sell out while his stock was as high as it was going to get--most likely with his agent chirping in his ear that the Jets would hire him.

Monumental miscalculation by St. Doug. I think the opt-out really tarnished his star. I mean, if you were an owner would you want to hire a guy that showed that lack of loyalty?

Even without a qb , bills could have gone to the playoffs if we had last seasons running game to go with our D this year.

I dont think Marrone had the confidence in himself and Hackett to get back the running game

bleve
01-21-2015, 12:23 PM
According to the Jaguars web site, the O-Line coach position is second to last in the pecking order.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/coaches.html

On a side note, the OL coach they have listed did not coach last year, he is battling cancer. The Jaguars are keeping him under contract while he goes through his treatment.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/159600/class-move-by-jaguars-to-keep-george-yarno-under-contract

Class move by Shad Khan.