PDA

View Full Version : Mortenson confirms Patriots deflated balls!!!

HHURRICANE
01-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Just heard it on TV here in Atlanta!

Strongman
01-20-2015, 10:06 PM
@mortreport: NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

@mortreport: NFL has no comment at this time and Patriots say they will continue to cooperate with the investigation. More on SpotrsCenter.

@JasonLaCanfora: As NFL investigates Deflate-gate would be wise to speak to Ravens. Some there believe kicking balls used in their playoff game underinflated

@JasonLaCanfora: There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game

BertSquirtgum
01-20-2015, 10:19 PM
****ing worthless **** sucking cheaters

Strongman
01-20-2015, 10:24 PM
@JasonLaCanfora: There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game

This is interesting. It suggests it was very contrived and that Belichick did have knowledge about it.

Strongman
01-20-2015, 10:32 PM
I wonder if Walt Anderson is complicit in this.

BuffaloRedleg
01-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the NFL spin this. This is the 2nd time being caught, and both times almost directly implicate the head coach.

There ought to be hell to pay for this one.

But I mean this isn't a player hitting a guy in the head by mistake, this is real legit cheating.

Can't let the NFL's flagship franchise image be tarnished.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-20-2015, 11:34 PM
I wonder if Walt Anderson is complicit in this.

Walt Coleman? Isn't he the Pats stooge?

Strongman
01-20-2015, 11:52 PM
Walt Coleman? Isn't he the Pats stooge?

Coleman was responsible for the Tuck Rule fiasco. Walt Anderson was the head official in the Pats/Colts game. If a lowly equipment manager for the Colts noticed that a ball was underinflated, the refs should have as well since it's their job.

RedEyE
01-21-2015, 04:30 AM
Still doesn't change the outcome of the blowout against Indy. Indy sucked plain and simple.

My bigger concern is wanting to know if this has been happening all season or just this one game. And compiled with the factual evidence they've been caught filming the Jets practices, it begs the question what else are Belichick and the Patriots doing that is unethical?

The league should open an in depth investigation.

coastal
01-21-2015, 05:39 AM
time for a US Congressmen to step up...

chris66
01-21-2015, 05:42 AM
This is interesting. It suggests it was very contrived and that Belichick did have knowledge about it.
Refs take care of kicking balls. Teams dont touch them

chris66
01-21-2015, 05:43 AM
Still doesn't change the outcome of the blowout against Indy. Indy sucked plain and simple.

My bigger concern is wanting to know if this has been happening all season or just this one game. And compiled with the factual evidence they've been caught filming the Jets practices, it begs the question what else are Belichick and the Patriots doing that is unethical?

It was hand signals, not practices

chris66
01-21-2015, 05:47 AM

of course it happened all seasons Aaron Rodgers even said he likes his balls over inflated. my question is how come the refs didn't say anything since they handle the balls as much as quarterback

JohnnyGold
01-21-2015, 05:51 AM

There's always this guy.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2015, 05:56 AM
Was Brady the only QB on the field using deflated balls? I don't really see the advantage to either team.

RedEyE
01-21-2015, 06:01 AM
There's always this guy.

and then there is ALWAYS this guy ^

Jan Reimers
01-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Two thoughts:

Belichick is a despicable human being.

Because the favored Patriots are involved, the NFL will pooh-pooh its importance, slap the team on the wrist, and return to fleecing fans out of every hard earned dollar they can.

trapezeus
01-21-2015, 06:13 AM
these are just the offenses they are caught for. they have the favorable calls that all pats fans argue don't happen. but in the first bills pats game, we had a blind side blitz, no movement, and as our db has a clear path, they blow the play dead. in the colts game, they tatooed brady leaglly in the chest and its a 5 yard penalty.

it's just more of the "just give it to them"

11 of 12 balls is an issue. and yes, only the patriots play with the patriot footballs and the colts play with their footballs. so there is an advantage.

between this and the substitutions the week before, they are doing everything on the edge of the line and together it starts to add up to big advantages. that's how you can have a team of no names be pretty good. and brady knows what's up or he wouldn't be getting off market contracts as the supposed best qb to ever play the game. he is what he is a 6th round hack supported with a lot of cheating over the years.

But again, the NFL will do absolutely nothing because you have to protect the new fanbase in new england. they'll just go back to being red sox fans.

coastal
01-21-2015, 06:14 AM
Bellicheat is really something else.

Ask why he feels totally empowered to behave like this... over and over.

chris66
01-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Two thoughts:

Belichick is a despicable human being.

Because the favored Patriots are involved, the NFL will pooh-pooh its importance, slap the team on the wrist, and return to fleecing fans out of every hard earned dollar they can.
I don't think the NFL really cares. if they did it would just have the refs take care of all the balls obviously they leave it up to the team so they don't care.

chris66
01-21-2015, 06:18 AM
these are just the offenses they are caught for. they have the favorable calls that all pats fans argue don't happen. but in the first bills pats game, we had a blind side blitz, no movement, and as our db has a clear path, they blow the play dead. in the colts game, they tatooed brady leaglly in the chest and its a 5 yard penalty.

it's just more of the "just give it to them"

11 of 12 balls is an issue. and yes, only the patriots play with the patriot footballs and the colts play with their footballs. so there is an advantage.

between this and the substitutions the week before, they are doing everything on the edge of the line and together it starts to add up to big advantages. that's how you can have a team of no names be pretty good. and brady knows what's up or he wouldn't be getting off market contracts as the supposed best qb to ever play the game. he is what he is a 6th round hack supported with a lot of cheating over the years.

But again, the NFL will do absolutely nothing because you have to protect the new fanbase in new england. they'll just go back to being red sox fans.
What was wrong with the substitution s. The players informed the refs who in turn informed the defense.

elltrain22
01-21-2015, 06:20 AM
2 thoughts I have. One is a bold statement, and the other a question for anyone who wants to give their 2 cents.

First, Belichek should be relieved of his duties. The league should suspend him hard, and make it where he has to pay just as harsh or even more harsh of a penalty than the NO's coaches had to serve. This is twice, that we know of, in a pivotal game, and now, your going to the Super Bowl??? The league needs to come down hard. This is bad, bad, bad, and if they don't do something harsh, then they are obviously complicit as well.

Second, the question I have, what have the Pats done that they haven't been caught with. WIth this news, it really makes me think they do this stuff all the time, but they are careful, and don't get caught. What say you??

Novacane
01-21-2015, 06:21 AM
Take their entire draft from them.

Novacane
01-21-2015, 06:23 AM
2 thoughts I have. One is a bold statement, and the other a question for anyone who wants to give their 2 cents.

First, Belichek should be relieved of his duties. The league should suspend him hard, and make it where he has to pay just as harsh or even more harsh of a penalty than the NO's coaches had to serve. This is twice, that we know of, in a pivotal game, and now, your going to the Super Bowl??? The league needs to come down hard. This is bad, bad, bad, and if they don't do something harsh, then they are obviously complicit as well.

Second, the question I have, what have the Pats done that they haven't been caught with. WIth this news, it really makes me think they do this stuff all the time, but they are careful, and don't get caught. What say you??

I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceberg!

better days
01-21-2015, 06:26 AM
Was Brady the only QB on the field using deflated balls? I don't really see the advantage to either team.

YES Brady was the only QB to use a deflated ball in that game.

And a deflated ball is a HUGE advantage to have for a QB, especially when the weather is bad like it was in Foxboro last Sunday.

Historian
01-21-2015, 06:27 AM
I think it goes deeper than the NFL.

I think the government is behind the City of Boston and it's sports teams....Patriot SBs, Bruins cups, and Red Sox Wold Series wins.

They're trying to make the country forget that the 9/11 hijackers boarded their planes in Boston.

The cradle of liberty.

better days
01-21-2015, 06:30 AM
What was wrong with the substitution s. The players informed the refs who in turn informed the defense.

The Ravens defense was NOT informed in time to adjust before the start of play.

chris66
01-21-2015, 06:35 AM
The Ravens defense was NOT informed in time to adjust before the start of play.
Yeah they were. Vinovich even told them what number was ineligable

Topas
01-21-2015, 06:35 AM

I think the government is behind the City of Boston and it's sports teams....Patriot SBs, Bruins cups, and Red Sox Wold Series wins.

They're trying to make the country forget that the 9/11 hijackers boarded their planes in Boston.

The cradle of liberty.

That is pushig it a bit, isn't it?
But I do think that the NFL does not want to blame their golden child. They will get a slap on the wrist

better days
01-21-2015, 06:38 AM
Yeah they were. Vinovich even told them what number was ineligable

NOT in time to adjust the defense.

And "even" told them the players number? LMAO!

imbondz
01-21-2015, 06:44 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's funny they did this? I just don't see this as that big of a deal.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-21-2015, 06:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's funny they did this? I just don't see this as that big of a deal.
no, you're not the only one. the patriots and their fans probably think it's hilarious too.

it is a big deal to give yourself an illegal competitive advantage no matter how it's done.

better days
01-21-2015, 06:49 AM

Well, you obviously know nothing about physics.

It is a HUGE advantage to play with a deflated ball for a QB. It makes it much easier to hold & throw, especially a wet ball.

Novacane
01-21-2015, 06:53 AM

I don't think it gave them a big advantage either but rules are rules. BB has an attitude that he can do whatever he wants. Is that funny?

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-21-2015, 06:54 AM
so obviously brady is a lying scumbag too because he held those balls all game long and on monday he said the charges were ridiculous and that he has heard everything.

heard everything tom? is that because you've been involved in almost everything?

better days
01-21-2015, 07:00 AM
I don't think it gave them a big advantage either but rules are rules. BB has an attitude that he can do whatever he wants. Is that funny?

I doubt either you or imbondz have ever held a football in your hands or you would know a fully inflated ball is harder to get a grip on than a deflated ball.

A deflated ball is a BIG advantage. That is the reason there is a RULE about how much they are supposed to be inflated.

better days
01-21-2015, 07:10 AM
And a deflated ball is not only an advantage to the QB, but also the RB's, MUCH easier to hold on to, less chance to fumble.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 07:12 AM

Yes.

The balls used by Indy weren't deflated.

Each team uses 12 balls. 11 of NE's were deflated.

Indy has their own set, as do the refs to use in the kicking game

better days
01-21-2015, 07:19 AM
Yes.

And two lbs of air is a substantial amount of air let out of those balls.

Novacane
I doubt either you or imbondz have ever held a football in your hands or you would know a fully inflated ball is harder to get a grip on than a deflated ball.

A deflated ball is a BIG advantage. That is the reason there is a RULE about how much they are supposed to be inflated.

I've never held a football? LOL.
I'm not arguing this wasn't an advantage. They wouldn't of done it if they didn't think it gave them an advantage. I'm just saying it wasn't a big deal in this particular game. Were the balls the reason Blount ran over their D like they were 11 great grandmas?
It could make a difference in a close game. They probably were doing this against the Ravens too. You can make an argument it was enough to make a difference in that game. You can't make that case for the Indy game. Colts were outclassed!

trapezeus

the league doesn't want gotcha rule plays to arbitrage the system. they want the teams to match up. they gave them 5 seconds to respond. and it only worked because it was on the line. the league is pretty clear on not gaming rules like this because they want it to be about football. but they let it go for the pats. they always do, and i expect nothing less from 11 of 12 balls. it isn't one ball that had a leak...it was 92% of the balls they provided.

they have a history of doing this and the league was disapppointed with the pats reaction after spygate. so if there is any justice, the league would punish the pats like any other repeat offender when they deal with individual players. but they won't. so congrats pat fans. congrats.

i've never missed a superbowl in my life, but this is the first one i won't pay attention to. not a boycott. just that it's obvious that the league wants to prop up a weak fanbase and keep profits high than providing entertaining games.

Skooby
I'd ban them from Post-season play next year, since they can't keep their stuff straight during that time of the year.

Dr. Lecter
A few quick thoughts

1. It must be nice to have an organization that badly wants to win. Say that they go too far, but I would prefer that to a team that lives to punt and kick field goals.
2. I am willing to bet teams play with these footballs all the time. The NFL should not allow them to have access to the game balls and all game balls should be treated like kicking balls and controlled by the league. It ensures an even ground. It's only logical.
3. Watching Bills fans reaction to this is sad. They are so jealous of the Patriots. Here's an idea - learn how to beat them and make the point moot. Seeing them whine about the tuck rule (which, btw, was the correct call like it or not) and all of the success of the Patriots is embarrassing.

I almost want them to win the Super Bowl because of my dislike of the Seahawks and how so many Bills fans act about them

better days
01-21-2015, 07:22 AM
A few quick thoughts

1. It must be nice to have an organization that badly wants to win. Say that they go too far, but I would prefer that to a team that lives to punt and kick field goals.
2. I am willing to bet teams play with these footballs all the time. The NFL should not allow them to have access to the game balls and all game balls should be treated like kicking balls and controlled by the league. It ensures an even ground. It's only logical.
3. Watching Bills fans reaction to this is sad. They are so jealous of the Patriots. Here's an idea - learn how to beat them and make the point moot. Seeing them whine about the tuck rule (which, btw, was the correct call like it or not) and all of the success of the Patriots is embarrassing.

I almost want them to win the Super Bowl because of my dislike of the Seahawks and how so many Bills fans act about them

Here is a thought.

It is difficult to beat a CHEATER.

imbondz
01-21-2015, 07:26 AM

be more of a dbag better days. If it was another team we wouldn't care. Not saying they shouldn't be punished, but a fine is more along the lines of what should happen. Maybe a late round draft pick.

better days
01-21-2015, 07:28 AM
be more of a dbag better days. If it was another team we wouldn't care. Not saying they shouldn't be punished, but a fine is more along the lines of what should happen. Maybe a late round draft pick.

This is NOT a first offense.

People are put in jail for LIFE after their third strike even for petty BS.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 07:36 AM
This is NOT a first offense.

People are put in jail for LIFE after their third strike even for petty BS.

This is not a criminal offense and should not even be brought up.

And the weaknesses in our criminal punishment system aren't a defense either

Novacane
01-21-2015, 07:39 AM
A few quick thoughts

Oh brother. Lord Lecter is embarrassed for Bills fans. So sorry to disappoint daddy! And now you may root for the Patriots to punish our behavior? Oh MY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

coastal
01-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Lecter likes being a victim. It's like a warm blanket.

god forbid he actually stands up to a bully.

DynaPaul
01-21-2015, 07:45 AM

Mr. Miyagi
01-21-2015, 07:45 AM

Exactly. This isn't about the Colts losing the game. Blount didn't need a underinflated ball to run all over them. This is about the Patriots cheating and undermining the rules of the game that everyone else (supposedly) plays by. If they could do this, what else have they done? What about the injury reporting that Brady has been questionable to probable every week in his career? Brandon Spikes' claim of them putting him on IR out of spite? Don't even start with Spygate.

These people need to be punished, and taking away draft picks isn't enough. They cheat to win, so take away their wins. If a kid cheats on his exams do you let him keep the A's and just take away his recess privileges? Why would he care?

jamze132
01-21-2015, 07:47 AM

The cradle of liberty.

Well that's a reach but I like it! lol

Mr. Miyagi
01-21-2015, 07:50 AM
Well that's a reach but I like it! lol
BOSTON WRONG

DynaPaul
01-21-2015, 07:55 AM
I've never held a football? LOL.
I'm not arguing this wasn't an advantage. They wouldn't of done it if they didn't think it gave them an advantage. I'm just saying it wasn't a big deal in this particular game. Were the balls the reason Blount ran over their D like they were 11 great grandmas?
It could make a difference in a close game. They probably were doing this against the Ravens too. You can make an argument it was enough to make a difference in that game. You can't make that case for the Indy game. Colts were outclassed!

Yeah the Colts got blown out but the balls were deflated BEFORE kickoff when there was no inkling of how the game would turn out. It could have been decided by 3 points or less like their Super Bowl *victories. In that case I'm sure those balls would have made a difference. Also, they ran the ball repeatedly and Blount never fumbled once so there was a possibility that he could have coughed it up a few times in the rain.

jamze132
01-21-2015, 07:56 AM
A few quick thoughts

That's ****ing blashpemy and you know it!

Maybe we are jealous, 30 other teams and their fanbase is as well. But to "amost want them to win" is deplorable. You're better than that!

justasportsfan
01-21-2015, 08:06 AM
A few quick thoughts

Look who came out of the closet. You can stop pretending to be a bills fan now Lecter.

cookie G
01-21-2015, 08:09 AM
You can make an argument it was enough to make a difference in that game. You can't make that case for the Indy game. Colts were outclassed!

Out played, but not outclassed.

The Pats don't outclass anyone.

Its become a running joke with them.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 08:11 AM
Lecter likes being a victim. It's like a warm blanket.

god forbid he actually stands up to a bully.
Who's being the victim here?

The person saying that maybe the Bills and their fans should be concerned with what their ****ty team does or the whiny *****es that say that the big meanies cheated or that this is a giant conspiracy and how unfair it is?

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 08:13 AM
Oh brother. Lord Lecter is embarrassed for Bills fans. So sorry to disappoint daddy! And now you may root for the Patriots to punish our behavior? Oh MY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's more for my entertainment.

Seeing people piss and moan while ignoring the incompetence staring them in the face is enlightening.

imbondz
01-21-2015, 08:13 AM
I despise the Patriots, probably will not watch the SB because I can't stomach watching them. The only way I"ll watch is if the Seahawks are blowing them out, or comfortably winning with not a lot of time left.

Moving forward, no team is allowed to use their own balls. It's ridiculous this could even happen. NE has zero integrity we already knew that. But not sure it warrants much more than a fine. Of course if it was a 1-3 point game, i'd probably be more upset

The King
01-21-2015, 08:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&x-yt-cl=84359240&v=vd3D2gsPUR0#t=44

Cialis for deflated balls.

coastal
01-21-2015, 08:16 AM

The person saying that maybe the Bills and their fans should be concerned with what their ****ty team does or the whiny *****es that say that the big meanies cheated or that this is a giant conspiracy and how unfair it is?
Call it for what it is... cheating.

it won't hurt.

i promise.

OLDSRIP
01-21-2015, 08:20 AM
So Brady likes soft balls.

the guys in the locker room all knew this long ago.

chris66
01-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Here is a thought.

It is difficult to beat a CHEATER.

Thats such crap. Its not like they put a laser guided system on the ball. You still have to go out an execute

justasportsfan
01-21-2015, 08:26 AM

OH, get off your high horse Lecter. You're making it look like you're above every bills fan that thinks cheating is wrong.

You cant tell me that Cheatriot fan (all 10 of them) back when they were insignificant in the late 80's and early 90s wouldn't have loved to find Marv and co.cheating.

Meathead
01-21-2015, 08:27 AM
at times like this its very important to ensure that the nfl maintains its sterling reputation for morality and credibility

immediately destroy all the evidence and slap the organization on the wrist

Skooby
01-21-2015, 08:29 AM
You have to question anything the Pats have control of at their house, all the way up from where the chains are set to time clock. It's actually sad that the Pats are willing to stoop to any level to gain a competitive advantage, even if it's known to be breaking the rules. They party with the commissioner all night long after they cheated and won as well, which tells me their all in cahoots.

Anything Raven game related to kicking has to be called into question as well, which I think goes without saying.

Bill Cody
01-21-2015, 08:30 AM
Ok so not to be stupid but how did they do this? The refs check the balls 2 1/4 hrs before the game. So sometime after that someone from the Patriots lets air out of the balls?

chris66
01-21-2015, 08:34 AM
You have to question anything the Pats have control of at their house, all the way up from where the chains are set to time clock. It's actually sad that the Pats are willing to stoop to any level to gain a competitive advantage, even if it's known to be breaking the rules. They party with the commissioner all night long after they cheated and won as well, which tells me their all in cahoots.

Anything Raven game related to kicking has to be called into question as well, which I think goes without saying.
I for one am glad that they try anf bend the rules. No one gets to the pinnacle oof there proffesion without breaking the rules now and then

better days
01-21-2015, 08:37 AM

Saying a CHEATER is just that is NOT whining it is stating a FACT.

I can't believe how gullible some people are to think there is no advantage the Pats* got by CHEATING.

WHY do you think they CHEATED?

And it is not just about the Bills VS the Patriots, it is about the INTEGRITY of the ENTIRE NFL.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Call it for what it is... cheating.

it won't hurt.

i promise.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying......

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 08:38 AM
I respect a team that competes so hard that it bends the rules and sometimes breaks them over a team that intentionally loses games over a 2 or more year period in order to obtain the best draft position.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 08:40 AM
OH, get off your high horse Lecter. You're making it look like you're above every bills fan that thinks cheating is wrong.

You cant tell me that Cheatriot fan (all 10 of them) back when they were insignificant in the late 80's and early 90s wouldn't have loved to find Marv and co.cheating.
Didn't say it wasn't wrong. The over reaction to it is priceless.

I wonder if their attendance was ever as low as the attendance to Bills games in mid 80's when there was routinely fewer than 30,000 fans at the game/.

chris66
01-21-2015, 08:40 AM

Damn right

better days
01-21-2015, 08:42 AM

Even Nascar punishes CHEATERS!

Skooby
01-21-2015, 08:42 AM
I for one am glad that they try anf bend the rules. No one gets to the pinnacle oof there proffesion without breaking the rules now and then

I'm not in disagreement but if things like this go unpunished, the NFL will become a wrestling type league for pre-determined outcomes.

better days
01-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Didn't say it wasn't wrong. The over reaction to it is priceless.

I wonder if their attendance was ever as low as the attendance to Bills games in mid 80's when there was routinely fewer than 30,000 fans at the game/.

Overreaction my ass.

And YES, the Pats* had such little support, they were moved out of Boston to the middle of nowhere to get more support.

And when Brady retires & the winning stops I expect the fan support to dwindle as well.

Bill Cody
01-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Ok so not to be stupid but how did they do this? The refs check the balls 2 1/4 hrs before the game. So sometime after that someone from the Patriots lets air out of the balls?

Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 08:46 AM
I respect a team that competes so hard that it bends the rules and sometimes breaks them over a team that intentionally loses games over a 2 or more year period in order to obtain the best draft position.
You're gonna be so grumpy when the Sabres have two fantastic lines and are dominating.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Obviously no one has a video of it, but who's to say that the ball boy couldn't stick one of those needles into the fill hole and relieve a little pressure? Is it really that hard to fathom?

Fixxxer
01-21-2015, 08:52 AM
This is how a patriots fan feels about this:

Im a lifelong pats fan and am so sick of this. we have the best coach in league history and he continues to look for every advantage that can be found. often times he doesnt NEED to do these things yet continues to do them. its US patriot fans who have to pay the price for this. there’s now legit debate upcoming as it pertains to how often this has happened and i cant argue against that. Belichick brings ALL of this on himself while taking down every player on the team and the owner himself for these selfish actions. we didnt NEED to do this to beat Indy but that doesnt matter. what MATTERS is we got caught cheating AGAIN. hard to imagine anything short of a severe penalty coming down the pike and i cant blame the NFL for doing so. this validates ALL of the hatred directed at NE. ALL OF IT. while i respect his knowledge and aptitude i loathe his decision making in regards to circumstances like this. thanks Bill. your players and fans surely appreciate the hell thats about to reign down

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/report-nfl-found-11-of-12-patriots-footballs-under-inflated/

better days
01-21-2015, 08:55 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/report-nfl-found-11-of-12-patriots-footballs-under-inflated/

WOW, the guy that wrote that post is my brother from another mother. I could have written that post, right down to the IMPORTANT words being written in CAPS.

Skooby
01-21-2015, 08:56 AM

That all being said, Go Pats & cheat one more time to win is what he's really thinking.

justasportsfan
01-21-2015, 08:57 AM

Im a lifelong pats fan and am so sick of this. we have the best coach in league history and he continues to look for every advantage that can be found. often times he doesnt NEED to do these things yet continues to do them. its US patriot fans who have to pay the price for this. there’s now legit debate upcoming as it pertains to how often this has happened and i cant argue against that. Belichick brings ALL of this on himself while taking down every player on the team and the owner himself for these selfish actions. we didnt NEED to do this to beat Indy but that doesnt matter. what MATTERS is we got caught cheating AGAIN. hard to imagine anything short of a severe penalty coming down the pike and i cant blame the NFL for doing so. this validates ALL of the hatred directed at NE. ALL OF IT. while i respect his knowledge and aptitude i loathe his decision making in regards to circumstances like this. thanks Bill. your players and fans surely appreciate the hell thats about to reign down

Watch out. Lecter is going to say that Pats fan is over reacting.

better days
01-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Thats such crap. Its not like they put a laser guided system on the ball. You still have to go out an execute

MUCH EASIER to execute with a DEFLATED ball!

better days
01-21-2015, 08:59 AM

And you forgot about the Pats* having a second frequency they used to communicate after the 30 sec. time expired.

imbondz
01-21-2015, 09:00 AM
All I care about is that NE loses the SB. If they lose, then I'll totally forgive them for deflating balls.

Meathead
01-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Bill Belichick vows “swift justice”

http://www.sportspickle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/500x305-belichick20121101-300x183.jpg

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said today that he is just as upset and angry as everyone else is over the latest news about his team, and will make sure there is “swift justice for those responsible.”

“I was very angry to hear that 11 of our 12 footballs in the AFC Championship Game were under-inflated,” said the coach, spitting out his words in an angry growl at a press conference today. “I gave explicit instructions that all of our footballs were to be deflated by exactly two pounds. I will find who failed to deflate the twelfth ball and they will be fired. I guarantee you that."

http://www.sportspickle.com/2015/01/bill-belichick-vows-swift-justice-whoever-failed-deflate-12th-football

imbondz
01-21-2015, 09:09 AM
^ LOL That is hilarious.

chris66
01-21-2015, 09:42 AM
I'm not in disagreement but if things like this go unpunished, the NFL will become a wrestling type league for pre-determined outcomes.
Thats ridiculous. Not all qb hands are created equal. Let them adjust the psi to what they are comfortable with. A 1lb window isnt very big considering that the balls are probably inflated at 72*. Now take those same balls fly them to N.Y. and weigh them 36 hous later. Being down 2 psi probably normal considering the playing conditions.

chris66
01-21-2015, 09:44 AM
And you forgot about the Pats* having a second frequency they used to communicate after the 30 sec. time expired.
That was hearsay and never proven. Nfl handles all comm in all stadiums

chris66
01-21-2015, 09:47 AM
MUCH EASIER to execute with a DEFLATED ball!
And its easier for Aaron Rodgers to use an over inflated ball. Whats the difference.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-21-2015, 09:49 AM
You can already tell how the league is going to play this. "Deflate-gate" is the top story on every single sports site this morning, and exactly ZERO stories on NFL.com

Bill Cody
01-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Obviously no one has a video of it, but who's to say that the ball boy couldn't stick one of those needles into the fill hole and relieve a little pressure? Is it really that hard to fathom?

Yeah it kind of is. According to the news report, the team turns the balls over to the ref for inspection 2+ hrs before the game. The ref then keeps the balls until just before the game starts. If the balls were underinflated the ref is provided a pump to bring them up to spec. So unless Walt Anderson is in on some kind of conspiracy or simply didn't bother to check the balls before the 2nd biggest game of the year I don't get how they pulled this off.

Here's the news report: "NFL rules stipulate the ball must be inflated to 12½ to 13½ pounds. The referee – on Sunday, it was veteran Walt Anderson – "shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications," the rules say."A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game."

coastal
01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
I respect a team that competes so hard that it bends the rules and sometimes breaks them over a team that intentionally loses games over a 2 or more year period in order to obtain the best draft position.youve never reconciled this criticsm with your wanting the Bills to do the same thing.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Yeah it kind of is. According to the news report, the team turns the balls over to the ref for inspection 2+ hrs before the game. The ref then keeps the balls until just before the game starts. If the balls were underinflated the ref is provided a pump to bring them up to spec. So unless Walt Anderson is in on some kind of conspiracy or simply didn't bother to check the balls before the 2nd biggest game of the year I don't get how they pulled this off.

Here's the news report: "NFL rules stipulate the ball must be inflated to 12½ to 13½ pounds. The referee – on Sunday, it was veteran Walt Anderson – "shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications," the rules say."A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game."

Are you saying that you don't believe the reports that 11 of the 12 balls were underinflated? If those reports are true, it had to happen sometime right?

I don't care how it happened. Until definitive answer comes out, I'm going with Belichick wrapped his lips around those balls and sucked 2 lbs of pigskin spunk out of them.

bdutton
01-21-2015, 10:06 AM
time for a US Congressmen to step up...

That would require finding an honest politician. Good luck.

Meathead
01-21-2015, 10:17 AM
lmao @ belicheat being 'best coach in history

never been anybody in the history of everything that is less deserving of their perceived genius

bdutton
01-21-2015, 10:21 AM
If this is true the punishment should be:

Loss of 2015 first round pick
Belicheck suspended for all of 2015 season and post season games.
Fine him 100% of 2015 Salary
Patriots Organization pays $5 million fine.
Belicheck permanent ban from Hall of Fame.

No room for cheaters in the HOF.

feldspar
01-21-2015, 10:25 AM
I don't care how it happened. Until definitive answer comes out, I'm going with Belichick wrapped his lips around those balls and sucked 2 lbs of pigskin spunk out of them.

Belicheat sucks balls? I'll go along with that.

Seriously, IF it comes out that the Patriots deflated those balls on purpose, that's called cheating. Some people want to pussyfoot around that for some incredible reason, but it would still be cheating...plain and simple. There is no other word for it, unless that word is synonymous with "cheating."

Tell "everybody cheats in some form" or whatever to the judge. You get caught cheating twice, and that's called a pattern. How much of an advantage they would actually gain from deflating these balls is entirely beside the point. It's a matter of principle and integrity. Cheating is cheating.

IF it comes out that Patriots cheated AGAIN, I don't see how there shouldn't be a MAJOR punishment coming to the Patriots. I say ban Belichick for a significant number of games. You can't just get caught cheating TWICE and say "shucks, gee whiz." I'd say the same thing if it were the Bills in this situation. If they don't, what kind of message would that send? It would tantamount to admitting that the NFL doesn't hold FAIR PLAY in such high regard, which would compromise the integrity of the either league IMO...if it hasn't been already.

We'll see what comes out and hear the explanation as to how these balls got deflated after the investigation is over. Then again, maybe we won't.

Bill Cody
01-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Are you saying that you don't believe the reports that 11 of the 12 balls were underinflated? If those reports are true, it had to happen sometime right?

I have no reason not to be believe it. I was just asking a question. If you have zero to offer, and you don't, just stfu

vanbillsfan
01-21-2015, 10:47 AM
@profootballtalk: Report: Colts had inflation concerns after November game vs. Pats, told NFL

Skooby
01-21-2015, 11:01 AM
@profootballtalk: Report: Colts had inflation concerns after November game vs. Pats, told NFL

That was just past over as well, just like this will be.

sukie
01-21-2015, 11:06 AM
COwherd had a great idea... If this is true then the best punishment for Bellycheck... On top of draft pick sanctions... Force the Pats to be on Hard Knocks for 2 years in a row... BB would HATE cameras on him all day long far more than picks and fines.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 11:25 AM
I have no reason not to be believe it. I was just asking a question. If you have zero to offer, and you don't, just stfu

Well for someone who can't fathom how a football can be deflated after a referee has verified its pressure, yeah I have nothing to offer you.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 11:34 AM
It's coming out that the Raven's believe the kicking balls used in their game were under-inflated:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24981269/some-baltimore-ravens-think-footballs-were-under-inflated-vs-patriots

better days
01-21-2015, 11:38 AM
And its easier for Aaron Rodgers to use an over inflated ball. Whats the difference.

Balls are supposed to have a certain amount of air.

It is the RULE.

Of course, the CHEATING Pats* & their fans have no use for rules.

And two pounds of air is a LOT of air.

paladin warrior
01-21-2015, 11:38 AM
If this is true the punishment should be:

Loss of 2015 first round pick
Belicheck suspended for all of 2015 season and post season games.
Fine him 100% of 2015 Salary
Patriots Organization pays $5 million fine.
Belicheck permanent ban from Hall of Fame.

No room for cheaters in the HOF.
I wish NFL court did tooTom.B suspended for all of 2015 season and post game
Permanent ban from hall of fame
and Biggest fine $$$$

harmonkoz
01-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Great perspective from Mike Pereira

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cSHXKSBzuCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Strongman
01-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Tom Brady must have known. They are deflating the balls to his tastes. He deserves to be suspended for the Super Bowl and all games in 2015.

In my opinion, it is especially important that Brady be punished so that it puts a mark on his accomplishment. It will put an end to the, "Who was better?" Brady vs. Peyton speculation.

casdhf
01-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Give Bill B the Pete Rose treatment.

paladin warrior
01-21-2015, 11:52 AM
I am sick of tire patriots and Bill.B,Tom .B want to cheat. Because
1. Want the trophy so badly
2.SB ring so badly
3 $$$$$$
4.Boston parade
5.having party with achcol hangover
6. Pot and cocaine .
7.Big market.(sport shop)
8. Biggest cheater in the hall of fame .

Novacane
01-21-2015, 12:02 PM
NFL needs to make absolutely sure Pats don't win the SB.

paladin warrior
01-21-2015, 12:05 PM
NFL needs to maFredke absolutely sure Pats don't win the SB. I agree with you

Pinkerton Security
01-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Well for someone who can't fathom how a football can be deflated after a referee has verified its pressure, yeah I have nothing to offer you.

I simply can't imagine a single scenario...lol

Novacane
01-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Big 3rd down completion for the Pats Offensive Holding

Big 3rd down stop for the Pats D Illegal contact

chris66
01-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Balls are supposed to have a certain amount of air.

It is the RULE.

Of course, the CHEATING Pats* & their fans have no use for rules.

And two pounds of air is a LOT of air.
You couldn't tell thw difference in 2 psi

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Big 3rd down completion for the Pats Offensive Holding

Big 3rd down stop for the Pats D Illegal contact

You know that would be great, but I want the refs to make it blatantly obvious that they are fixing the game for the Seahawks. I want Brady and Belichick to scream and cry on the sideline when an obvious defensive pass interference doesn't get a flag, and I want the refs to just laugh at them. I want the average person to be like 'wow, the deflatriots are getting screwed.' I want every single judgement call to go against the Patriots, and I want the commentators to point out that the refs are being unfair and say that this is obvious payback for deflating their footballs.

Just so they'll know what it feels like when everybody else plays them, but they'll feel it ten fold because it'll be worse and in the Superbowl.

- - - Updated - - -

Bull****.

better days
01-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Tom Brady must have known. They are deflating the balls to his tastes. He deserves to be suspended for the Super Bowl and all games in 2015.

In my opinion, it is especially important that Brady be punished so that it puts a mark on his accomplishment. It will put an end to the, "Who was better?" Brady vs. Peyton speculation.

A good point was brought up on WGR today.

Early in the year, Brady was about as accurate as EJ Manual.

Then all the sudden his accuracy returned.

That is most likely the time the Pats* started deflating the ball.

Well, we will see how accurate Brady is in the Super Bowl with fully inflated balls.

better days
01-21-2015, 12:41 PM

BS. Having fun defending your CHEATING team?

If it makes no difference WHY did the Pats* remove that air?

Why have they done all the CHEATING they have over the years?

Because it gives them an ADVANTAGE.....An UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

chris66
01-21-2015, 12:44 PM
BS. Having fun defending your CHEATING team?

If it makes no difference WHY did the Pats* remove that air?

Why have they done all the CHEATING they have over the years?

Because it gives them an ADVANTAGE.....An UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

my team is in the Super Bowl your teams irrelevant

psubills62
01-21-2015, 12:44 PM
I always found it interesting that some of NE's best offensive games came in horrible weather. Feels like every time there's a snowstorm or something, NE blows out their opponent. Have to wonder if that's part of how they've done that so well.

better days
01-21-2015, 12:47 PM

Well, I will enjoy watching your team get its ass kicked in a FAIR game.

harmonkoz
01-21-2015, 12:49 PM

In the Super Bowl, yes. Forever tainted, yes. This subject will come up again when it's hall of fame voting time for your cheating coach and qb with little girl sized hands.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 12:55 PM

Ahh the old 'neener neener neener' argument, always a classic.

This is why the world has no respect for Patriot fans. They are the most smug, entitled, undeserving fanbase in the NFL. Have fun dealing with the asterisk whenever you bring up how good the Patriots used to be in 10 years when that's the only thing you have to hang your hat on.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 12:58 PM
A good point was brought up on WGR today.

Early in the year, Brady was about as accurate as EJ Manual.

Then all the sudden his accuracy returned.

That is most likely the time the Pats* started deflating the ball.

Well, we will see how accurate Brady is in the Super Bowl with fully inflated balls.

That could be the point, but I think it goes back to 2007. If you look at his stats, that when he went from being good to be uncanny good.

chris66
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM

This is why the world has no respect for Patriot fans. They are the most smug, entitled, undeserving fanbase in the NFL. Have fun dealing with the asterisk whenever you bring up how good the Patriots used to be in 10 years when that's the only thing you have to hang your hat on.
you can have the respect I'll take the Super Bowl trophies

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM

seriously. to add to your slew of insults i will also add bandwagon douchebags. I literally could never find a patriots fan before 2001/2002, now they are everywhere.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 01:02 PM
seriously. to add to your slew of insults i will also add bandwagon douchebags. I literally could never find a patriots fan before 2001/2002, now they are everywhere.

Yup, it's the worst.

Remember earlier this year when Vince Wilfork called his own teams fans bandwagons? I'd be embarrassed to be a Patriots fan right now.

better days
01-21-2015, 01:02 PM

Well, you can enjoy looking at the TAINTED trophies the Pats* now have.

They won't be getting any more.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 01:03 PM
you can have the respect I'll take the Super Bowl trophies*

Strongman
01-21-2015, 01:06 PM

That's completely false unless, maybe, you have the grip strength of a girl. A man can get a better grip and it feels springier.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes.

How was indy not playing with with New England's balls?

From my understanding each team supplies 12 balls. Those 24 balls all get mixed together. They don't know who's balls they are playing with. :)

cookie G
01-21-2015, 01:15 PM
You know that would be great, but I want the refs to make it blatantly obvious that they are fixing the game for the Seahawks. I want Brady and Belichick to scream and cry on the sideline when an obvious defensive pass interference doesn't get a flag, and I want the refs to just laugh at them. I want the average person to be like 'wow, the deflatriots are getting screwed.' I want every single judgement call to go against the Patriots, and I want the commentators to point out that the refs are being unfair and say that this is obvious payback for deflating their footballs.

Just so they'll know what it feels like when everybody else plays them, but they'll feel it ten fold because it'll be worse and in the Superbowl.

- - - Updated - - -

Bull****.

Brandon Browner has an idea

Brandon Browner ‏@bbrowner27 20m.For my 2cents Blount scored 3 rushing touchdowns. He could've carried a beach ball. Also doesn't hurt we only gave up 7 points #inflatethis

https://twitter.com/hashtag/inflatethis?src=hash

That seems like an apporpriate punishment.

"Mr. Brady, your 12 beachballs. You get to choose which one to use."

It doesn't even have to be a beachball. A nerf ball would do.

Pinkerton Security
01-21-2015, 01:16 PM

that seems to be the only remark Pats fans can come up with..."you're jealous, we rule!". Admit it dude, you barely followed the Pats before they started winning championships, just like 60% of other Pats "fans".

better days
01-21-2015, 01:17 PM

From my understanding each team supplies 12 balls. Those 24 balls all get mixed together. They don't know who's balls they are playing with. :)

WRONG. JUST WRONG.

It may be that way in the future however after the Pats* were caught CHEATING again.

BleedinGreenNC
01-21-2015, 01:17 PM

You mean your team since 2001?

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Brandon Browner has an idea

Brandon Browner ‏@bbrowner27 20m.For my 2cents Blount scored 3 rushing touchdowns. He could've carried a beach ball. Also doesn't hurt we only gave up 7 points #inflatethis

https://twitter.com/hashtag/inflatethis?src=hash

That seems like an apporpriate punishment.

"Mr. Brady, your 12 beachballs. You get to choose which one to use."

It doesn't even have to be a beachball. A nerf ball would do.

Haha, I would actually love to see this. Not just as a punishment for New England, but I think I could watch an entire NFL game played with either a beach ball or a nerf ball. That would be hilarious.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Why Tom Brady should be at the center of Deflate-gate

"Now these are questions for Tom Brady to answer, once the NFL’s investigation is complete, likely this week. After all these years, he’s earned the right to be heard.

It’s not uncommon for teams to try to rig the football to the preference of their quarterbacks. Some, most notably players with bigger hands, want the ball inflated as much as possible to allow for better spirals. Others want a softer ball that’s easier to grip and, on the other end, catch. Some of it changes by the weather and game conditions. Some of it is just psychological.

Whatever it is, it always comes down to the QB.

You don’t just use random footballs in the NFL, or even major college football. They are never brand new. A coach doesn't just decide "try that one." They’ve been selected, and prepared, specifically for a certain QB, and in New England that means Brady and Brady only."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-tom-brady-should-be-at-the-center-of-deflate-gate-175151215.html

trapezeus
01-21-2015, 01:41 PM
In the Super Bowl, yes. Forever tainted, yes. This subject will come up again when it's hall of fame voting time for your cheating coach and qb with little girl sized hands.

you would think, but the journalists who have the votes have forgiven them for spygate. in many ways its like it never happened. manyof the players who had issues, stopped poking at it.

When brady and belichick are out of football for 5 years and eligible, the journalists who vote will put the two of them in and glaze over the actual facts. Because the Chris66 fans are new and coveted. the old school fans don't matter. We show up and support the team no matter what. our money is guaranteed. the fickle fans are the ones who have to be drawn in.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Haha, I would actually love to see this. Not just as a punishment for New England, but I think I could watch an entire NFL game played with either a beach ball or a nerf ball. That would be hilarious.

EJ would still overthrow Watkins.

trapezeus
01-21-2015, 01:46 PM

people have told you this several times and every article says that the teams use their balls. there is no mix. Let us know when this fact will sink in.

don137
01-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Living in Charlotte during the 4 years that Brandon Lafell played for the Panthers he drove Panther fans nuts because he always would drop so many catchable balls. Many Panther fans were perplexed how Lafell all of sudden stopped having a case of the dropsies with New England. Now it makes sense that he all of sudden overcame the dropsies. He is catching a deflated ball.
Very curious what is the rate of dropped passes by Patriot receivers versus other teams.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Living in Charlotte during the 4 years that Brandon Lafell played for the Panthers he drove Panther fans nuts because he always would drop so many catchable balls. Many Panther fans were perplexed how Lafell all of sudden stopped having a case of the dropsies with New England. Now it makes sense that he all of sudden overcame the dropsies. He is catching a deflated ball.
Very curious what is the rate of dropped passes by Patriot receivers versus other teams.

Matt Cassell did decent in New England and every other place he pretty much sucked.

Bill Cody
01-21-2015, 02:25 PM

Here's the issue for me: the balls get presented to the refs a couple hours before the game. Supposedly the refs tested all the balls, at which point they throw the balls into a zipped bag. Other than when a new ball is needed during the game the balls stay in the bag. Meaning someone on NE's staff would have to unzip the bag and draw air out of the balls in front of 70,000 people and with over 30 cameras watching. Apparently you're not curious how they pulled this off. I AM.

Personally I think that is pretty far fetched. My theory is this: NE presented 2 dozen (or more since they new bad weather was expected) balls to the ref and most were under pressured. I think the ref half assed or skipped the pressure test, maybe checked a few in the second 12 batch, found they were ok, and threw the whole bunch in the bag. If they did in fact properly test all the balls and they were all good before the game then I would say there is a very high probability someone saw some schenanigans or even more likely it's on tape.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Wow... Mark Brunell just eviscerated Brady* on ESPN. His gist was it's a huge advantage and he's probably been doing it for years. He also mentioned maybe why we know why Brady* has been so clutch in cold/wet weather games.

Skooby
01-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Wow... Mark Brunell just eviscerated Brady* on ESPN. His gist was it's a huge advantage and he's probably been doing it for years. He also mentioned maybe why we know why Brady* has been so clutch in cold/wet weather games.

It hasn't helped him win any Super Bowls since the *Cameras stopped rolling.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 02:42 PM
It hasn't helped him win any Super Bowls since the *Cameras stopped rolling.

No, but it has got them close. Patriots* fans like to bring up how they "got better" after Spygate. This implies that Spygate never helped them. Now, we have a good idea why they got better after Spygate... they simply switched one form of cheating for another.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Here's the issue for me: the balls get presented to the refs a couple hours before the game. Supposedly the refs tested all the balls, at which point they throw the balls into a zipped bag. Other than when a new ball is needed during the game the balls stay in the bag. Meaning someone on NE's staff would have to unzip the bag and draw air out of the balls in front of 70,000 people and with over 30 cameras watching. Apparently you're not curious how they pulled this off. I AM.

Personally I think that is pretty far fetched. My theory is this: NE presented 2 dozen (or more since they new bad weather was expected) balls to the ref and most were under pressured. I think the ref half assed or skipped the pressure test, maybe checked a few in the second 12 batch, found they were ok, and threw the whole bunch in the bag. If they did in fact properly test all the balls and they were all good before the game then I would say there is a very high probability someone saw some schenanigans or even more likely it's on tape.

So when the refs ask for a new ball, how many times do you see the ball boys run to the zipped bag, unzip it, grab a ball, rezip it, and then hand the ball to the refs? I've never seen that. That makes me think that the ball boys are holding a ball or two or three with them at all times. How many cameras do you think are on the 17 year old ball boy?

What if he relieved pressure while rummaging through the zipped bag, where no one could see what he's doing? Would only take a couple of minutes, spread out over a decent amount of time.

What if he relieved pressure while he had a bunch of balls waiting on the sideline? Let's say he has 2 balls on hand everytime the Pats have the ball, and the Pats have the ball they're using, already predeflated. That would mean in only 4 possessions, he could relieve the pressure of every ball on New Englands sideline. By the late 1st quarter, all 12 balls could be deflated.

What if they had a 2nd bag of zipped balls hidden somewhere and used those? There are random cabinets of stuff all over the sideline, maybe they had some balls in there?

Maybe he had the needle up his sleeve and did it while he's standing watching the game, with his back to the 70,000 fans who are obviously paying close attention to the ball boy at all times.

I'm still sticking with my theory that Belichick sucked the air spunk out of them with his lying mouth like he does to Brady.

coastal
01-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Butt

****ing

cheaters

DetDannyWilliams
01-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Here's what I think the NFL should do...suspend Belichicken make him sit out all of next season without pay! (why not the NFL did it to Saints Payton for bounty gate) 2) patriots have to forfeit this year's, next years and the year after that 1st round picks 3) Patriots fined

Ingtar33
01-21-2015, 02:57 PM
I thought it was interesting how all the deflated balls had a scuff on them, as if to mark them. i highly suspect they just played a bait and switch. they had the refs tested the pressure on one set of balls, and then swapped them out during the game as it went along a couple of balls at a time.

Still the only person who benefits from this is the qb. the moment i heard that the balls were deflated it made perfect sense to me. the weather was rainy. that and very cold are the two types of weather you MOST want soft footballs to throw. it helps the wrs catch a little bit (not so much in rain, moreso in cold), but it mostly helps the qb.

which means of course Tom Brady was 100% in on it.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 02:59 PM
I thought it was interesting how all the deflated balls had a scuff on them, as if to mark them. i highly suspect they just played a bait and switch. they had the refs tested the pressure on one set of balls, and then swapped them out during the game as it went along a couple of balls at a time.

Still the only person who benefits from this is the qb. the moment i heard that the balls were deflated it made perfect sense to me. the weather was rainy. that and very cold are the two types of weather you MOST want soft footballs to throw. it helps the wrs catch a little bit (not so much in rain, moreso in cold), but it mostly helps the qb.

Yup, it also helps prevent fumbles.

DynaPaul
01-21-2015, 03:12 PM
No, but it has got them close. Patriots* fans like to bring up how they "got better" after Spygate. This implies that Spygate never helped them. Now, we have a good idea why they got better after Spygate... they simply switched one form of cheating for another.

I don't believe that. I think they're using the same exact tactics they used before but are more incognito about it. With the way technology has evolved you can put an HD camera in a hat and they even make glasses now which will take 720p footage. They're still using the same methods and who knows what other tricks when they're in their home stadium. I also still believe the allegations that Brady has a second earpiece running after the 30 second timer goes off which was mentioned by Doug Flutie but then never spoken of again.

pmoon6
01-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Here's what I think the NFL should do...suspend Belichicken make him sit out all of next season without pay! (why not the NFL did it to Saints Payton for bounty gate) 2) patriots have to forfeit this year's, next years and the year after that 1st round picks 3) Patriots fined..and give those picks to this years runner up in their division

paladin warrior
01-21-2015, 03:19 PM
I wish all fans inside the AZ phoenix SB> yelling at Bill Belichick"s :shout:"Belicheat.""Belicheat.""Belicheat."

Strongman
01-21-2015, 03:26 PM
I don't believe that. I think they're using the same exact tactics they used before but are more incognito about it. With the way technology has evolved you can put an HD camera in a hat and they even make glasses now which will take 720p footage. They're still using the same methods and who knows what other tricks when they're in their home stadium. I also still believe the allegations that Brady has a second earpiece running after the 30 second timer goes off which was mentioned by Doug Flutie but then never spoken of again.

Could be. They very well might have gotten better hiding at it.

I'll say this... Something strange happened to Brady's stats in 2007. He suddenly went from being a good QB to being an out of the world QB.

- - - Updated - - -

Without a doubt Brady should be suspended for the Super Bowl.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2015, 03:29 PM
people have told you this several times and every article says that the teams use their balls. there is no mix. Let us know when this fact will sink in.
Sorry, first I heard this. Only my 3rd post on the subject, not sure who you are referring to.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Some thoughts:

1) I am glad that Mehser has finally come clean about being a closeted Patriots* fan

2) I don't hate Bellichick because he wants to win more than anyone else, I hate the bastard because he has a proven track record of being a God Damned good for nothing Cheater. In discussing this I am not referring to all the lucky breaks and special favors the refs give his team, I hate the refs and think they help fix plenty of games to keep the league's darling teams competitive, and keep the games close and to help their bookie buddies in LV but I cannot blame Bellichick for them. I also do not refer to deceptive eligible player tactics like keeping a WR, TE, RB on the line and sending a OL out to catch a pass. That stuff ACTUALLY IS GENIUS. Nor do I fault him for catching another team unawares on fourth and short by quickly rushing out the offense to go for it while the other team has its kick return team out on there. No, what I refer to is the little stuff that adds up. Deflating footballs so they are more firmly holdable on rainy or snowy days so they help you be more accurate. This is cheating because it clearly violates league policy and as such is not done by other teams. I am not against sabotaging the other teams wireless systems as happens repeatedly at Gilette, but I am against them giving Brady continued signal feeds right up to the snap. I am against filming the other team's practices, walk throughs, and signals. I am against all the **** that this little bastard does and has done game in and game out

3) I am for vacating all of Bellichick's wins, titles, banishment from the post season, a life time ban from football and the HOF, and really coming down hard on the little ****er.

imbondz
01-21-2015, 03:49 PM

this is what Mark Brunell said:

"The main thing was the difference that two psi (pounds per square inch) can make," said Brunell, who got a chance to inspect a ball that fit that description earlier Wednesday on SportsCenter. "It's a remarkable difference because you're able to grip it a lot easier. The ball we used on SportsCenter, it felt like a ball you could get out of your garage and go play ball with with your son. There's just a big difference."
Brunell said it wouldn't be difficult for the balls to be deflated without coach Bill Belichick's knowledge.
"I don't know if a head coach would know about that," Brunell said. "Ultimately, a head coach is responsible for it if there are rules that are being broken, but that very easily could be between a quarterback, an equipment guy and happen without the head coach knowing. So, it's hard to say. But you know those needles that you inflate and deflate balls with, you talk about a process to deflate 11 footballs? It could take you 30 seconds. The pressure could come out real quick. So it's not something that takes a long time to do. It's pretty easy."

IlluminatusUIUC
01-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Could be. They very well might have gotten better hiding at it.

I'll say this... Something strange happened to Brady's stats in 2007. He suddenly went from being a good QB to being an out of the world QB.

It might have something to do with going from Reche Caldwell and Ben Watson to Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Rob Gronkowski over that span.

The crazy part is that New England would still be extremely good even if they didn't cheat. That's why it's so ridiculous that they do.

better days
01-21-2015, 04:10 PM

Yeah. Because 2 Hours is not enough time to let the air out of 11 footballs.

MikeInRoch
01-21-2015, 04:11 PM
You guys are missing the easy way to do this. If the ball is inflated with heated air (like 91 degrees or so), they would be deflated 2 psi at game time. No need to take a needle to them.

Brian Burke @Adv_NFL_Stats · 2h 2 hours ago
91 deg F. RT @outsidePasser How warm would the original air have to have been in order to make the balls down 2 psi at game temperature?)

https://twitter.com/Adv_NFL_Stats/status/558004848122404865

Strongman
01-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Another thing that really bugs me about this. It's apparent they have been at this for awhile. The Colts game was lopsided, but other games weren't. How much of this was a factor in them getting home field advantage? A little cheating like this could very well be parlayed into a huge advantage.

Joe Fo Sho
01-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Another thing that really bugs me about this. It's apparent they have been at this for awhile. The Colts game was lopsided, but other games weren't. How much of this he was a factor in them getting home field advantage? A little cheating like this could very well be parlayed into a huge advantage.

Confirmed: Patriots are big pieces of ****.

Discotrish
01-21-2015, 06:31 PM
A few quick thoughts

"Everyone Else Does It Too!" Heh.

Oh yes, let's spot them whatever means/methods they want to cheat, and just be so much better that it doesn't matter.

There's a plan!

The reaction is "sad?" Last I checked it was a story all over the news. I guess those news organizations are "sad" for taking an interest. You can be an Enabler if you want, but I think these guys should be hit hard with some kind of punishment. NOT to give us an advantage, but to *maybe* keep similar from happening. Obviously the previous cheating/punishment did not serve as a deterrent.

There needs to be some sort of NFL Patriot Act. The Patriots AND their equipment should have to go through a nationally-televised security scanner similar to the invasive ones they used at airports.

https://i.imgflip.com/go99w.jpg

Patti

notacon
01-21-2015, 06:34 PM
To those that say that because the Pats beat Indy 40 whatever to 7, and it does not "change the outcome of the blowout", or that it's "not that big of a deal", that it was "not such a big deal in this game", or "it's not about the Colts losing the game", or "Blount didn't need a(n) underinflated ball to run all over them"...and all the other defenses or rationalizations....

I disagree vehemently.

Of COUSE it makes a big difference, and it could certainly have been a BIG difference in that very game.

THAT IS WHY THERE ARE RULES!!! One breaks the rules that are determined to ensure there is no artificial competitive advantage with the very basis of how the game is played (the equipment), it's cheating...pure and simple, and the "win" the Pats got out of this is, in my book, INVALID!!

Why else do the Pats deflate balls but to give themselves an unfair advantage. Who knows how many throws that were catches would not be so, or turn into a deflected INT. THAT is the point. ANY play can be a turning point of a game. Like we saw in Seattle, would that on-side kick been recovered by Green Bay if the ball was a little softer??

The punishment should be, the Pats forfeit the Colts game and Indy plays in the Super Bowl. It won't happen, but, it should. Why?

Because the integrity of that game is nonexistent. A game is supposed to determined who plays better for that game, at that time. This action unfairly skews that whole premise and having the winner advance. There will always be questions....did the Pats win the game "fairly" (absolutely NO!!), if both teams were playing with the mandated equal equipment would the results be different? No one knows, which is why the game is NOT a reflection of who won "fair and square", and the Pats committed an offense that deserves forfeiting the game.

In the regular season, if caught doing this, they should get a loss and the other team gets a win. Period, end of story.

This just happened to take place in a winner advance playoff game...so, the Pats do not advance. Period, end of story.

ckg927
01-21-2015, 06:36 PM
You can already tell how the league is going to play this. "Deflate-gate" is the top story on every single sports site this morning, and exactly ZERO stories on NFL.com

That's the same way they played it with EVERY story that came down the pike this year regarding the NFL: The Ray Rice video. The Adrian Peterson matter. And so on. And so on.

I've figured out a new slogan for the NFL: Instead of "Together We Make Football", it should read "Together We Make Excuses".

paladin warrior
01-21-2015, 06:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3ugdQqCQAEW2n1.jpgya he looked like a dog lease and he taking a for walked with a dog lease and he is going take a $h1ty on the grass like a dog

ckg927
01-21-2015, 06:39 PM

Well, good....go right ahead and take those Lombardi Trophies...shine them up nice and good...whether you want to deflate them is up to you...then...turn those sum*****es sideways...and stick them straight up your candy ass....AHHHHHHHH!

Meathead
01-21-2015, 06:40 PM
If you have zero to offer, and you don't, just stfu
if he doesnt have zero to offer then he has something

if he doesnt not have zero to offer then he has nothing

which of course means he doesnt not have nothing to not be something. and he doesnt

Discotrish
01-21-2015, 06:40 PM
The punishment should be, the Pats forfeit the Colts game and Indy plays in the Super Bowl. It won't happen, but, it should. Why?

Because the integrity of that game is nonexistent. A game is supposed to determined who plays better for that game, at that time. This action unfairly skews that whole premise and having the winner advance. There will always be questions....did the Pats win the game "fairly" (absolutely NO!!), if both teams were playing with the mandated equal equipment would the results be different? No one knows, which is why the game is NOT a reflection of who won "fair and square", and the Pats committed an offense that deserves forfeiting the game.

In the regular season, if caught doing this, they should get a loss and the other team gets a win. Period, end of story.

This just happened to take place in a winner advance playoff game...so, the Pats do not advance. Period, end of story.

Now THERE'S some consequences!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/clapping-hands-above-head-smiley-emoticon.gif

Patti

paladin warrior
01-21-2015, 06:41 PM
To those that say that because the Pats beat Indy 40 whatever to 7, and it does not "change the outcome of the blowout", or that it's "not that big of a deal", that it was "not such a big deal in this game", or "it's not about the Colts losing the game", or "Blount didn't need a(n) underinflated ball to run all over them"...and all the other defenses or rationalizations....

I disagree vehemently.

Of COUSE it makes a big difference, and it could certainly have been a BIG difference in that very game.

THAT IS WHY THERE ARE RULES!!! One breaks the rules that are determined to ensure there is no artificial competitive advantage with the very basis of how the game is played (the equipment), it's cheating...pure and simple, and the "win" the Pats got out of this is, in my book, INVALID!!

Why else do the Pats deflate balls but to give themselves an unfair advantage. Who knows how many throws that were catches would not be so, or turn into a deflected INT. THAT is the point. ANY play can be a turning point of a game. Like we saw in Seattle, would that on-side kick been recovered by Green Bay if the ball was a little softer??

This just happened to take place in a winner advance playoff game...so, the Pats do not advance. Period, end of story. Good Question

ckg927
01-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I want to see Seattle embarrass the Patriots just as badly as they did the Broncos last year.

After the game, I want to see Richard Sherman cut a promo on the Patriots and all of New England the same way he did when Michael Crabtree was the target of his ire.

paladin warrior
01-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Well, good....go right ahead and take those Lombardi Trophies...shine them up nice and good...whether you want to deflate them is up to you....then...and only then....turn those sum*****es sideways...and stick them straight up your candy ass....AHHHHHHHH!:laughing:

Meathead
01-21-2015, 06:46 PM
i want to see richard sherman make a complete ass of himself by bringing field machismo to an interview and then go on national tv to tell everybody the only reason white ppl are criticizing him is bc they really want to call him ni99er

Meathead
01-21-2015, 06:50 PM
... and then not be held accountable in the slightest for his blatantly racist comments

Ingtar33
01-21-2015, 06:59 PM
I want to see Seattle embarrass the Patriots just as badly as they did the Broncos last year.

After the game, I want to see Richard Sherman cut a promo on the Patriots and all of New England the same way he did when Michael Crabtree was the target of his ire.

I'm not really jazzed about this superbowl. i can't stand watching either of these teams, though i do get to see a bit more of the hawks then the pats where i'm at. I dislike both coaches with a passion. Both of them are blatent cheaters. Still, i'll enjoy a 65-0 drubbing of the patriots at the hands of the seahawks.

ckg927
01-21-2015, 07:10 PM
i want to see richard sherman make a complete ass of himself by bringing field machismo to an interview and then go on national tv to tell everybody the only reason white ppl are criticizing him is bc they really want to call him ni99er

Sherman made EVERYONE who criticized him for cutting that promo look stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

... and then not be held accountable in the slightest for his blatantly racist comments

....which is only in my mind.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 07:19 PM
John Madden: Blame Tom Brady for deflated footballs

The week began with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady laughing off the suggestion that the team had deflated footballs used on Sunday against the Colts. When Brady, who said in 2011 that he likes deflated footballs, meets with the media on Friday, he probably won’t be doing much laughing.

He’ll be reacting to a bunch of questions about the situation, and he may specifically be faced with a pointed question regarding the opinions of Hall of Fame coach John Madden.

“That would have to be driven by the quarterback,” Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday. “That’s something that wouldn’t be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback’s idea.”

Madden’s position makes a lot of sense. Quarterbacks are particular about their footballs. Anybody doing anything to the footballs without the quarterback’s knowledge or consent would be asking for a tongue lashing. In Brady’s case, his tongue wouldn’t be needed to formulate the various “F” words that would be hurled at he who messes with the quarterback’s primary tool.

“He is the effected,” Madden said. “He is the only guy. I heard some of the pundits saying the ball is easier to catch, but that would never, ever, ever be done for that unless the quarterback wanted it. You wouldn’t do something for a receiver to catch the ball if the quarterback couldn’t throw it. So it’s going to be done for the quarterback.”

Madden’s compelling, commonsensical take will make the potential conclusion that a ball boy went rogue ring hollow. The ball boy would be going rogue not only against the rules but also against the wishes of the quarterback. So if anyone connected to the Patriots was taking air out of the footballs, Madden’s explanation makes it clear that the quarterback either knew about it and did nothing to stop it — or deliberately requested it.

Now here’s the part where hundreds of Patriots and Raiders fans argue in the comments regarding whether Madden’s remarks were motivated by the tuck rule.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/john-madden-blame-tom-brady-for-deflated-footballs/

Discotrish
01-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Makes a lot of sense.

Patti

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 08:00 PM

Well, being fully aware of the response this will bring....

A well educated (Stanford), well spoken black man with dreads scares the **** out of a lot of America

(Lecter prepares for the ire and disappointment from Meathead despite the truth of his statements)

Parzival
01-21-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure if anyone here said this or I just saw it in one of the other countless threads on the webz today, but: there's no way some ball boy or equipment manager just up and decided to deflate these balls on his own accord. This came down from, at minimum, the OC. Other than that it's Belicheck or Brady who gave the instruction and I'm sure others were in on it.

Discotrish
01-21-2015, 09:18 PM

A well educated (Stanford), well spoken black man with dreads scares the **** out of a lot of America

(Lecter prepares for the ire and disappointment from Meathead despite the truth of his statements)

Thanks for your contribution to the Tired Stereotype Competition. Please note your deflated junk will not be held against you.

Patti

Skooby
01-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Thanks for your contribution to the Tired Stereotype Competition. Please note your deflated junk will not be held against you.

Patti

Can we equate the weather there somehow ??

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2015, 03:15 AM

Patti
You're funny.

Why don't you go lecture somebody on how violent Muslims are or throw in some of your typical anti-science drivel.

YardRat
01-22-2015, 04:37 AM

Are we not allowed to dog on Brady because we're also afraid of a not-so-well-educated (Michigan), lying white man with a history of cheating?

harmonkoz
01-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Surprising honesty from the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/22/win-lose-patriots-have-sacrificed-their-legacy/XIYx6wws1NpEn1h82kMtwO/story.html

harmonkoz
01-22-2015, 07:48 AM
Tommy, why did your balls go soft? (https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/558249596766658560/photo/1)

coastal
01-22-2015, 08:05 AM
What a colossal cluster ***!

imagine the Pats win and then get booed on the podium.

lol.

better days
01-22-2015, 08:10 AM
What a colossal cluster ***!

imagine the Pats win and then get booed on the podium.

lol.

Well, I can't imagine the Pats* winning a FAIR game against the Seahawks.

Strongman
01-22-2015, 08:17 AM
I hope Brady has the worst game of his career against the Seahawks and subsequently retires.

harmonkoz
01-22-2015, 08:25 AM
I hope Brady has the worst game of his career against the Seahawks and subsequently retires.

Belicheat looked like he had not been sleeping well in that presser. I am hoping for a very public mental episode.

chris66
01-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Belicheat looked like he had not been sleeping well in that presser. I am hoping for a very public mental episode.
He looked fine, took control and ended it

Discotrish
01-22-2015, 08:35 AM
You're funny.

Why don't you go lecture somebody on how violent Muslims are or throw in some of your typical anti-science drivel.

I never pictured you for a New England Cheating Apologist.

You and JATM make a nice Deflecting Couple, though!

Patti

harmonkoz
01-22-2015, 08:41 AM

Ended it? Do you smoke crack in your free time? This is just the beginning.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Ended it? Do you smoke crack in your free time? This is just the beginning.

come on. don't be so harsh. you know the preferred drug of patriot 'fans' is meth!

Novacane
01-22-2015, 09:01 AM

He didn't end a damn thing. Keep dreaming cheater.

better days
01-22-2015, 09:04 AM
He didn't end a damn thing. Keep dreaming cheater.

Well to be fair, we don't know chris66 is a cheater.

We only know he is a fan of CHEATERS.

Syderick
01-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Jerry Rice‏@JerryRice (https://twitter.com/JerryRice)

11 of 12 balls under-inflated can anyone spell cheating!!! #Just (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Just?src=hash) Saying

Strongman
01-23-2015, 01:59 AM
Bingo! I think this explains Brady becoming uncanny good in 2007!

In 2006, Brady and Manning lobbied the NFL to allow QBs to bring and use their own footballs in away games. Up until then, the home team supplied the game balls. The NFL agreed to this.

My theory is before 2007, Brady was using the tampered balls only at home games. In 2007 and beyond, he was using them at ALL games. Hence, his improvement!

coastal
01-23-2015, 05:06 AM
What a fraud... An unadulterated fraud.

Ingtar33
01-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Well, I can't imagine the Pats* winning a FAIR game against the Seahawks.

I agree with you. the seahawks by all rights are a superior football team.

DynaPaul
01-23-2015, 03:30 PM

He looked like he was going to cry, especially when asked that question about why these sort of controversies always seem to follow his team. He's a fraud and he knows it. Body language doesn't lie.

sudzy
01-23-2015, 03:44 PM

Like he ended spygate? Oh wait, you've must not read the comments post below any Patriots article. The Patriots have been branded cheaters. It is their legacy. They won't be remembered as a dynasty, they will be remembered as the role models for how to cheat your way to the top.

sudzy
01-23-2015, 03:51 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rnqQhUdXgvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pmoon6
01-23-2015, 06:14 PM
What a fraud... An unadulterated fraud.That's basically been the NFL since the turn of the century.

Strongman
01-23-2015, 11:09 PM
So the 12th ball... I'm starting to wonder if it's a backup ball? One that Garoppolo is comfortable with and has a preference for.

Discotrish
01-24-2015, 07:43 AM
So the 12th ball... I'm starting to wonder if it's a backup ball? One that Garoppolo is comfortable with and has a preference for.

Are there separate balls for the kickers? They wouldn't want an underinflated ball, but maybe they have their own set.

Patti

DynaPaul
01-24-2015, 07:46 AM

I was thinking that was the one they were going to give to the officials for an inspection.

better days
01-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Are there separate balls for the kickers? They wouldn't want an underinflated ball, but maybe they have their own set.

Patti

Yes, there are separate balls for the kickers & they are under control of the officials.