PDA

View Full Version : How Will Tim Murray be Received by His Peers This Weekend?

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Assuming he is attending the All-Star festivities in the hopes of trade talks, how will he be received by his fellow GMs?

I imagine he will be met with with applause out of respect for discovering this intelligent strategy of simply tanking a team for 2 or more years in the hopes of improving the team through high draft picks.

Why stupidly attempt to build a team like other GMs do when you can simply destroy a team and reap the rewards?

Murray is brilliant!!!

coastal
01-21-2015, 09:20 AM
You mean the same strategy that Stan Bowman used to build the NHL's darling Chicago Blackhwaks?

that kind of brilliant?

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 09:26 AM
The LA Kings have 3 players on their roster drafted in the top 5.

Quit being a whiny *****.

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Go compare the Blackhawk's and King's records over those years to the Sabre's record these past 2 years (and who knows next year?).

Not even close.

Then again, you will just say the Sabres are better in tanking.

We will see how this master strategy works out.

Karma can be a *****.

coastal
01-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Karma can be a *****, but here's no denying that the players this organization were built around... outside of Ryan Miller were absolute pigs.

I would have done the exact same thing to build a team in an image I wanted.

Im interested to see what Murray's image or vision is.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 10:10 AM
So some tanking is OK, but you draw the line at how much tanking there was?

That's some **** logic........

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2015, 10:36 AM
tanking has been done before. it will be done again.

your *****ing, however, is at record numbers.

that must mean the sabres are doing something right.

coastal
01-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Bruins on the wane... Sabres on the rise!

Talking Proud!!!

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 11:42 AM
And, fwiw, Marchand is still ugly and an *******.

Downinfloflo
01-21-2015, 01:09 PM
You mean the same strategy that Stan Bowman used to build the NHL's darling Chicago Blackhwaks?

that kind of brilliant?

Have a look at this..

Drafting is not a means to an end in the NHL, Football sure, Not the NHL.

The NHL is like MLB, You draft an 18 year old with the hopes he cracks your lineup at the age of 24.

This is some scary results >>>>>http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CHI/draft.html

Downinfloflo
01-21-2015, 01:10 PM
And, fwiw, Marchand is still ugly and an *******.

His Championship ring is pretty tho.

coastal
01-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Have a look at this..

The NHL is like MLB, You draft an 18 year old with the hopes he cracks your lineup at the age of 24.

This is some scary results >>>>>http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CHI/draft.html
I'm totally aware of that.

thanks.

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
So I am gathering from the responses here that Tim Murray should hold his head up high walking into those meetings since the other GMs respect him.

THATHURMANATOR
01-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Go compare the Blackhawk's and King's records over those years to the Sabre's record these past 2 years (and who knows next year?).

Not even close.

Then again, you will just say the Sabres are better in tanking.

We will see how this master strategy works out.

Karma can be a *****.

Karma doesn't exist.

Murray is doing this the right way.

Why be jealous about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a look at this..

When these can't miss guys come around in the NHL it is much more of a sure thing than anything in baseball. You must know this right?

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Murray is doing this the right way.

Talking proud. Talking proud.

DetDannyWilliams
01-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Vogl tweet... Sabres say Murray is going to be scouting over going to the ASG!

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 04:36 PM
Vogl tweet... Sabres say Murray is going to be scouting over going to the ASG!

Even he knows how he would be received at the All-Star Break meetings.

Downinfloflo
01-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Garth Snow has to be the front runner for GM of the year.

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Have a look at this..

Did anyone claim the draft is a means to and end? No? Ok.

Downinfloflo
01-21-2015, 05:43 PM
Did anyone claim the draft is a means to and end? No? Ok.

You know why Risto was a scratch versus Detroit??

DetDannyWilliams
01-21-2015, 06:04 PM

DETROIT – Ted Nolan made sure his young defenseman understood the situation.

This was not a punishment for Rasmus Ristolainen. The 20-year-old defenseman was a healthy scratch Sunday night in Detroit because the Buffalo Sabres coaching staff could see he was mentally fatigued.

With an eight-day All-Star break awaiting after the game with the Red Wings, a 6-4 loss extending the skid streak to 11 games, Nolan wanted Ristolainen to take a break.

“He’s been making some uncharacteristic decisions lately,” Nolan said Sunday afternoon in Joe Louis Arena. “Sometimes when you have a young player like that, it’s good to sit. We know he’s going to be one heck of a player but sometimes you throw too much at a kid early. We’ve got an eight-day break so we thought right now would be a good time to have him watch. We showed him some film of some decisions he made.”
​http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/01/19/mentally-fatigued-ristolainen-sits/

OpIv37
01-21-2015, 06:27 PM
I don't really get Spiked and Floflo.

Clearly they're not Sabres fans, yet they seem really bothered and really obsessed with how bad the Sabres are sucking.

If the Leafs, Bruins, Hurricanes or Caps were sucking this bad, I'd just point and laugh.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Risto was scratched because Nolan is a buffoon.

coastal
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Just stop

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 06:48 PM

Lecter, why hasn't Nolan been fired?

Any real NHL team would have fired a coach who is coming off of last year's historically poor record followed by this year's record and currently on a 11 game losing streak.

It is like the Sabres are thumbing their nose at the NHL with their blatant tanking.

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Because Nolan felt he was a fatigue. Next deflection?

Dude
01-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Wow. Running smack against the Sabres. Impressive.

OpIv37
01-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Any real NHL team would have fired a coach who is coming off of last year's historically poor record followed by this year's record and currently on a 11 game losing streak.

It is like the Sabres are thumbing their nose at the NHL with their blatant tanking.

The team sucks. I'd like to see the coach that could avoid historic ineptitude with this roster.

And besides, what do you care if they intentionally tank? That's one less team competing with yours for playoff position.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Just stop

Cry me a river and go ***** about Mario Williams.

Dr. Lecter
01-21-2015, 07:57 PM

In his defense, the team sucks anyway.

Let him suffer, can him after the year and bring in a coach that can work with the kids and improve them

SpikedLemonade
01-21-2015, 09:49 PM
In his defense, the team sucks anyway.

Let him suffer, can him after the year and bring in a coach that can work with the kids and improve them

I figure that is what the plan was all along.

He was the coach hired to coach during the 2 year tank.

Ginger Vitis
01-21-2015, 10:15 PM
Nice try FloFlo but Connor Mcdavid and Jack Eichel it wont take them until the age of 24 to crack the NHL lol

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2015, 10:20 PM

and yet, the sabres arent breaking any rules. because, you know, its happened before.

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2015, 10:22 PM
I don't really get Spiked and Floflo.

Clearly they're not Sabres fans, yet they seem really bothered and really obsessed with how bad the Sabres are sucking.

If the Leafs, Bruins, Hurricanes or Caps were sucking this bad, I'd just point and laugh.

spiked is obsessed with the sabres sucking, floflo is obsessed with shooting down any positive talk of the teams future.

i dont get it either, but its entertaining during the suck period. so whatever.

Downinfloflo
01-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Because Nolan felt he was a fatigue. Next deflection?

Nothing will will fatigue you mentally like getting your ass kicked night in and night out with no end in sight.

And helpless to do anything about it.

He's worried the suck will hinder his and Zads development.

Look for both of them to see lot's of days off for protection.

:bandwagon

Downinfloflo
01-21-2015, 11:11 PM
Nice try FloFlo but Connor Mcdavid and Jack Eichel it wont take them until the age of 24 to crack the NHL lol

If that's your take away....:candle:

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2015, 05:31 AM
Talking proud. Talking proud.

Yeah I am. I will be proud to have Mcdavid or eichel for sure!!!

It will be amazing.

Yeah Let's root for third or fourth worse like a ******....

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2015, 05:58 AM
Spiked and Flo have a spirit trolling proud, trolling proud!

coastal
01-22-2015, 06:23 AM

It is like the Sabres are thumbing their nose at the NHL with their blatant tanking.because Murray isn't evaluating this year based on wins and losses but on the development of individual players.

his words.

now bugger off Bruins fan.

Go go enjoy your 8th place finish and hope that Pasta is the answer for giving away Seguin. LOL!

coastal
01-22-2015, 06:24 AM
Cry me a river and go ***** about Mario Williams.
The Patriots take advantage of me and I like it...

coastal
01-22-2015, 06:25 AM
Nothing will will fatigue you mentally like getting your ass kicked night in and night out with no end in sight.

You know your hockey... the above post sucks and has nothing to do with hockey.

a$$hat.

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2015, 06:35 AM
The Patriots take advantage of me and I like it...

Waaaahhhh

The big meanies cheated!

coastal
01-22-2015, 07:18 AM
Waaaahhhh

The big meanies cheated!im going to start calling you "Reek".

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2015, 07:21 AM
im going to start calling you "Reek".

You can do better than that.

All you need to do is increase your compete level and work harder!!!!

JATMtheJATM
01-22-2015, 07:30 AM

Uh, duh, it's a long season, and a bad one at that. Where you going with this?

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Karma can be a *****, but here's no denying that the players this organization were built around... outside of Ryan Miller were absolute pigs.

I would have done the exact same thing to build a team in an image I wanted.

Im interested to see what Murray's image or vision is.
Pominville wasn't a pig either.

Other than that?

coastal
01-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Pomonville is no cornerstone.

Dr. Lecter
01-22-2015, 08:51 PM
He's also no pig.

coastal
01-23-2015, 05:10 AM
Well when he's supposed to be a cornerstone and isn't... pig

dasaybz
01-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Assuming he is attending the All-Star festivities in the hopes of trade talks, how will he be received by his fellow GMs?

I imagine he will be met with with applause out of respect for discovering this intelligent strategy of simply tanking a team for 2 or more years in the hopes of improving the team through high draft picks.

Why stupidly attempt to build a team like other GMs do when you can simply destroy a team and reap the rewards?

Murray is brilliant!!!

Who really gives a **** how Tim Murray will be received.

JATMtheJATM
01-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Who really gives a **** how Tim Murray will be received.

moreover, why would he be received in a negative light? hes rebuilding, and rebuilding a manner that has been done many times over. the level of suckiness this current team is at is the only difference.

dasaybz
01-23-2015, 01:15 PM
moreover, why would he be received in a negative light? hes rebuilding, and rebuilding a manner that has been done many times over. the level of suckiness this current team is at is the only difference.

Exactly what was he supposed to do? Let everyone walk without getting anything for them? Crap, he went out and signed a bunch of vets this year ...

whatever, I really don't care, what I do care about is that they are going to be very deep and very good in a couple of years.

JATMtheJATM
01-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Exactly what was he supposed to do? Let everyone walk without getting anything for them? Crap, he went out and signed a bunch of vets this year ...

whatever, I really don't care, what I do care about is that they are going to be very deep and very good in a couple of years.
I like this guy. Post more. Seriously. You get it.

SpikedLemonade
01-24-2015, 10:49 AM
hes rebuilding, and rebuilding a manner that has been done many times over.

That is just false and a rationalization.

The only other team that openly tanked was Pittsburgh and that eventually led to changes to the draft lottery system as the Sabres behaviour will no doubt lead to further changes.

Don't confuse simply sucking with intentionally tanking. The Oilers simply suck. The Sabres are purposely tanking for a 2nd year.

ckg927
01-24-2015, 11:56 AM
For whoever said "Compare the Blackhawks' and Kings' records the past 2 years to the Sabres' past 2", a better measuring stick would be the 2 seasons or so BEFORE Chicago and L.A. started to turn things around.

DetDannyWilliams
01-24-2015, 12:33 PM
McKenzie tweet...Sabres GM Tim Murray was seen at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game on Thursday, He did not talk to reporters

SpikedLemonade
01-24-2015, 01:26 PM
McKenzie tweet...Sabres GM Tim Murray was seen at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game on Thursday, He did not talk to reporters

Of course not.

Every question will be embarrassing to him.

JATMtheJATM
01-24-2015, 02:11 PM
That is just false and a rationalization.

The only other team that openly tanked was Pittsburgh and that eventually led to changes to the draft lottery system as the Sabres behaviour will no doubt lead to further changes.

Don't confuse simply sucking with intentionally tanking. The Oilers simply suck. The Sabres are purposely tanking for a 2nd year.

so is every team that trades away expiring contracts and sticks with a rebuild "intentionally tanking?" or is there some arbitrary line youve created that identifies the distinction? because that appears to be the case. because so far, the only difference between this and other rebuilds is the sabres record. same format, same results standings wise. so i guess all those other teams were tanking as well?

i have no issues calling this a tank. what irks me is pretending that this hasnt been done before so many times simply to score trolling points.

SpikedLemonade
01-24-2015, 04:22 PM
so is every team that trades away expiring contracts and sticks with a rebuild "intentionally tanking?" or is there some arbitrary line youve created that identifies the distinction? because that appears to be the case. because so far, the only difference between this and other rebuilds is the sabres record. same format, same results standings wise. so i guess all those other teams were tanking as well?

i have no issues calling this a tank. what irks me is pretending that this hasnt been done before so many times simply to score trolling points.

Whatever you have to tell yourself.

JATMtheJATM
01-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Whatever you have to tell yourself.

I guess I'll take the logical route.

SpikedLemonade
01-24-2015, 05:57 PM
I guess I'll take the logical route.

The logical route is to conclude that the Sabres have intentionally decided to lose games for at least a 2 year period.

Some how a GM that has not proven he can succeed as a NHL GM is being given credit for a strategy where his team intentionally loses and he trades players away to make his team worse.

If you can't see how that is wrong and all you can come up with is that other teams have done it in the past, I'm not sure you ever will.

JATMtheJATM
01-24-2015, 06:15 PM
The logical route is to conclude that the Sabres have intentionally decided to lose games for at least a 2 year period.

Some how a GM that has not proven he can succeed as a NHL GM is being given credit for a strategy where his team intentionally loses and he trades players away to make his team worse.

If you can't see how that is wrong and all you can come up with is that other teams have done it in the past, I'm not sure you ever will.

Trading away players that weren't going to stay because they had expiring contracts? That's your argument?

Do you even pay attention to hockey?

SpikedLemonade
01-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Trading away players that weren't going to stay because they had expiring contracts? That's your argument?

Do you even pay attention to hockey?

Sure do.

Attempting to resign them was simply impossible eh?

Tons of salary cap space. Billionaire owner.

Murray had no choice.

coastal
01-24-2015, 07:19 PM
And what if you know you aren't ever going to win with them if you sink a pile of what are limited assets into them in order to keep them....

...or get a future asset for them in an attempt to build a new franchise in a different vision?

just stop.

JATMtheJATM
01-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Sure do.

Attempting to resign them was simply impossible eh?

Tons of salary cap space. Billionaire owner.

Murray had no choice.

ever heard of the definition of insanity?

vanek was not coming back. miller was not coming back.

trade them for assets. because, you know, thats how things work in the NHL. not the sabres. league wide.

like coastal said. just stop. you are making an ass of yourself.

yanklovver
01-24-2015, 09:35 PM
This is for SPIKE.... The Sabres tanking. Why does this bother you So Much?....You start threads like this one???...........Just laugh at the sabres and move on!.....I have to say, its been a tough year for me, to watch the sabres, but im all in on this tanking!!......My take.....you hate that we (sabres) will become a great team in the future.

chernobylwraiths
01-26-2015, 06:00 AM
He's also no pig.

no comment