PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Lynn hired as assistant Head coach/rbs coach

black N yellow
01-21-2015, 05:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/bills-hire-anthony-lynn-as-running-backs-coach/

A precise example of why Dougie's assistant head coach title in jax is worthless.

YardRat
01-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Not surprised. Unfortunately.

BertSquirtgum
01-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Supposedly, he's one of the best in the business.

better days
01-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Well, with nondescript RBs, the Jets have had a good run game.

The run game has to be better than last year.

Ed
01-22-2015, 09:22 AM
I don't really like the trend of just bringing in all your former assistant coaches, but that's what most coaches do. You work with the people you know and understand what you want. However, I think the Jets have always done a good job of getting the most out of their RB's, so I don't have any issue with this hire. I think the fact that he's been interviewing for OC positions is a good sign too.

Dr. Who
01-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Roman and Kromer are the most important hires for the offensive side of the ball. Neither come from the Jets.

justasportsfan
01-22-2015, 10:08 AM
One of the Offensive position coaches I wouldn't mind coming from Rexy's old staff. He's familiar with Rexy's philosophy of ground and pound and the demands of it.

I only hope, he can have chemistry with Roman right away.

stuckincincy
01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
One of the Offensive position coaches I wouldn't mind coming from Rexy's old staff. He's familiar with Rexy's philosophy of ground and pound and the demands of it.

I only hope, he can have chemistry with Roman right away.

Mixed feelings...is it an attempt to revive a running game, or a tacit admission that in a pass-happy league, BUF is low on ammunition? :candle:

WagonCircler
01-22-2015, 12:33 PM
In other news. the Bills will be sporting a green bison on their helmets this year.

justasportsfan
01-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Mixed feelings...is it an attempt to revive a running game, or a tacit admission that in a pass-happy league, BUF is low on ammunition? :candle:

I agree. But running the ball is a must for now until we can find a qb. We'll be gunning for a ravens or seattle type of offense for now.

better days
01-22-2015, 02:23 PM

Yeah, No teams run the ball anymore.

Not the Seahawks.

Not the Patriots*

Not the 49ers.

Not the Packers.

And in the EAST especially, running the ball is a very important part of the game.

Mr. Pink
01-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Yeah, No teams run the ball anymore.

Not the Seahawks.

Not the Patriots*

Not the 49ers.

Not the Packers.

And in the EAST especially, running the ball is a very important part of the game.

Patriots 9th in passing offense, 18th in rushing offense
Packers 8th in passing offense, 11th in rushing offense
49ers 30th in passing offense, 4th in rushing offense - any shock why they only went 8-8?
But you do have Seattle to prove that rushing is still important to winning and losing 1/4 ain't bad!

How about that other team in the AFC Championship game? Oh yeah 1st in passing offense, 22nd in rushing offense.

The Jets had the best rushing offense in the AFC East, where did they finish?

Running the ball does not matter in today's NFL.

swiper
01-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Supposedly, he's one of the best in the business.

Maybe if he's coaching Curtis Martin in his prime. Otherwise he sucks. Add one to this garbage coaching staff.

swiper
01-22-2015, 05:46 PM
In other news. the Bills will be sporting a green bison on their helmets this year.

Will a drunk Jim Kelly try to kiss Kim Pegula while on air?

http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/2010/off-pics/Suzy_Kolber/Joe_Namath_Suzy_Kolber.jpg