PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Headline: "Inflate This:"

BillsImpossible
01-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Front page of NFL.com right now.

"Inflate This: Browner brushes off reports of deflated footballs"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461566/article/brandon-browner-brushes-off-reports-on-footballs

Holy chutzpah. I feel like the NFL just flipped every football fan the bird.

Inflate This? Really? I find that to be quite insulting.

Not like Brandon Browner is biased or anything.

So according to Dan Hanzus and the NFL, the Patriots would have won regardless of cheating.

As Dick Enberg would say, "Oh my."

That's just bad spin control, imho. Playing what happened off like some kind of joke or conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

If the NFL had any balls, the front page of NFL.com would say, "Patriots Being Investigated For Cheating Against Colts."

What the hell is the NFL doing!? Whoever let that headline get posted should be fired because it's flat out stupid.

Cheating is cheating.

Hurry up, burn the tapes Roger.

The New England Cheetah's, bunch of pussies.

OpIv37
01-21-2015, 06:29 PM
You feel like they flipped every football fan the bird?

Just wait and see how you feel when the NFL hands out their BS excuse for a punishment to the Patriots for this.

Strongman
01-21-2015, 06:32 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461566/article/brandon-browner-brushes-off-reports-on-footballs

So according to Dan Hanzus and the NFL, the Patriots would have won regardless of cheating.

That's just bad spin control, imho. Playing what happened off like some kind of joke or conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

If the NFL had any balls, the front page of NFL.com would say, "Patriots Being Investigated For Cheating Against Colts."

What the hell is the NFL doing!? Whoever let that headline get posted should be fired because it's flat out stupid.

Cheating is cheating.

Tampering with the balls is probably a long term pattern with them. The Ravens game was a lot closer and the Ravens very could have won that game.

BillsImpossible
01-21-2015, 06:40 PM
You feel like they flipped every football fan the bird?

Just wait and see how you feel when the NFL hands out their BS excuse for a punishment to the Patriots for this.

This is a huge story, and it's not going away no matter what Brandon Browner tweets.

If Tom Brady had the same rock of a ball that Andrew Luck had to play with, the game would have been different.

The score of the game was lopsided because the Patriots had a lopsided advantage.

notacon
01-21-2015, 06:41 PM
What an ass.

How many fumbles would have happened with a properly inflated ball?? No one will ever know.

How more points would the Colts have scored if they had deflated balls? No one will ever know.

Which is why the results of that game are forever suspect.

As I stated in another thread....the Pats so egregiously cheated, that the punishment should be they forfeit the game and the Colts go to the Suer Bowl.

Goobylal
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
LOL! Brandon Browner, who was caught cheating with PEDs. Real cred there pal.

BillsImpossible
01-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Sports analogies to the Deflatriots Scandle:

One baseball pitcher gets to use a scuffed ball and some pine tar on his hat, the other pitcher uses a fair ball.

A tennis player hits the ball to his or her opponent and miraculously the ball gets twice as heavy for the opponent to return.

One golfer uses a heavier than normal golf ball, another uses a standard golf ball.

A hockey team uses a standard NHL puck, the other uses a puck that's 12 ounces lighter.

Are these hypothetical sports situations fair? Does each team/player have an even playing field?

No.

BillsImpossible
01-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Inflate This, NFL:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7v3tkGU2evM/SLMd6tOLE3I/AAAAAAAAAps/rUELa33eMBw/s320/cheetos.jpg#Cheetos%20%20280x280

OpIv37
01-21-2015, 08:09 PM

One baseball pitcher gets to use a scuffed ball and some pine tar on his hat, the other pitcher uses a fair ball.

A tennis player hits the ball to his or her opponent and miraculously the ball gets twice as heavy for the opponent to return.

One golfer uses a heavier than normal golf ball, another uses a standard golf ball.

A hockey team uses a standard NHL puck, the other uses a puck that's 12 ounces lighter.

Are these hypothetical sports situations fair? Does each team/player have an even playing field?

No.

Hockey pucks only weigh 6 oz max. So, a team using a puck that's 12 oz lighter shouldn't be admonished for cheating. They should be given a Nobel prize for figuring out how to give matter a negative weight.

imbondz
01-21-2015, 09:47 PM

Cheating is cheating.

I saw that headline earlier and it annoyed me too. the thing is the Spygate was way worse than this and that go swept under the table. No way this isn't either.

DynaPaul
01-21-2015, 10:48 PM
If it's not resolved the NFL will pay dearly.

BuffaloRedleg
01-22-2015, 12:44 AM
Anyone who mentions the inevitable victory of the Patriots betrays a fundamental lack of understanding or respect for the idea of integrity.

Cheating is cheating and the outcome has nothing to do with the violation.

I don't understand why this is so complicated for people, but I guess that is the society we live in and why we need laws to keep people in place.

Night Train
01-22-2015, 03:42 AM
Pictures show Goodell having dinner with Kraft the night before the championship game.

Goodell will probably fine him, then pay it out of his own salary. That's his 2nd father.

NFL probably has 3 dozen spin doctors working on this already. After all, SB week is supposed to be about the NFL portraying themelves as a loving deity... that just happens to make billions.

swiper
01-22-2015, 04:00 AM
Agree that Kraft is too close to Goodell. Goodell is not a good commissioner because he panders to his owners the way he does.

The Patriots may have been cheating, but why weren't the referees doing their job and properly checking/watching the balls? It's a failure of the NFL.

And short of taking the Patriots out of the Super Bowl (which will never happen), then any penalty will fall short.

RedEyE
01-22-2015, 04:29 AM
If you want to hit the NFL where it hurts don't watch the Super Bowl.

No bigger message than if the Super Bowl ratings drop significantly. Imagine how that affects marketing and all the multi-million dollar ads.

Not really a stretch for me anyway as the Super Bowl has little to do about football anymore.

chris66
01-22-2015, 05:02 AM
This is a huge story, and it's not going away no matter what Brandon Browner tweets.

If Tom Brady had the same rock of a ball that Andrew Luck had to play with, the game would have been different.

The score of the game was lopsided because the Patriots had a lopsided advantage.

the score was 17 to 10 with the deflated balls at half time the refs inflated the balls to regular standard.

chris66
01-22-2015, 05:05 AM
Agree that Kraft is too close to Goodell. Goodell is not a good commissioner because he panders to his owners the way he does.

The Patriots may have been cheating, but why weren't the referees doing their job and properly checking/watching the balls? It's a failure of the NFL.

And short of taking the Patriots out of the Super Bowl (which will never happen), then any penalty will fall short.

The owners are his bosses xof course he panders to them

Historian
01-22-2015, 05:27 AM
I blame Bush....

chris66
01-22-2015, 06:05 AM

No.

bad analogy analogy to use would be the hockey stick in the baseball bat the football is basically an extension of the quarterbacks arm it's different in hockey the stick is extension of the player the bat is the extension of the player

Historian
01-22-2015, 06:36 AM
I liken it to Ken Dryden wearing goal pads that were too big.

At least the NHL sticks to it's rulebook.

imbondz
01-22-2015, 06:37 AM
the score was 17 to 10 with the deflated balls at half time the refs inflated the balls to regular standard.

Is this true? I've read this that the deflated balls were only used in the first half?

chris66
01-22-2015, 06:52 AM
Is this true? I've read this that the deflated balls were only used in the first half?
Jay glazer reported it on fox sports one last night

Joe Fo Sho
01-22-2015, 07:05 AM

So they only played 17 and a half games this year with deflated balls. Got it.

ckg927
01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
I liken it to Ken Dryden wearing goal pads that were too big.

At least the NHL sticks to it's rulebook.

Two words: No Goal.

That should shoot(so to speak)that argument to pieces.

MikeInRoch
01-22-2015, 01:45 PM
So this game wasn't close. Fine.

How close was the Baltimore game? Would it have mattered then?

Bill Cody
01-22-2015, 02:03 PM
What an ass.

How many fumbles would have happened with a properly inflated ball?? No one will ever know.

How more points would the Colts have scored if they had deflated balls? No one will ever know.

Which is why the results of that game are forever suspect.

As I stated in another thread....the Pats so egregiously cheated, that the punishment should be they forfeit the game and the Colts go to the Suer Bowl.

This is a stretch. According to the refs they pumped the balls at halftime. Brady opened the 2nd half 10-10 and the Pats scored 28 in the half. He played worse with the deflated balls.

grifter861
01-22-2015, 08:04 PM
I dont post her alot, but here is a link to another thread on another Bills forum talking about Patriots fumbling stats. The site it was all pulled from is down.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?506935-Deflated-Balls-and-Domes-influence-on-Ball-security