PDA

View Full Version : Belicheat 9:30AM Press Conference link

Strongman
01-22-2015, 07:22 AM
He's suppose to address Deflategate. Here's the link: http://alturl.com/6qydg

Joe Fo Sho
01-22-2015, 07:27 AM
If someone could give a overview of what was said here, it would be much appreciated.

Night Train
01-22-2015, 07:27 AM
That should be deflating on several levels.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-22-2015, 07:29 AM
'we're on to the next game.'

is what i'm guessing we will be hearing over and over again

Strongman
01-22-2015, 08:12 AM
He talked about he practice philosophy of making practice conditions as difficult as possible for his players. He said he didn't really know the process of how the footballs were conditioned and that he's learned more about it in the last 24 hours than he has in the past 40 years. He said going forward, the balls will be inflated more just in case they deflate (he wants to build in a safety margin) so they don't accidentally go below the specs. Finally, he said the they would have to ask Brady about his preferences.

His answer to all the questions asked was, "He had nothing to add." or, "He had no comment."

cookie G
01-22-2015, 08:18 AM
If someone could give a overview of what was said here, it would be much appreciated.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U5tgrssDn1w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's about it.

chris66
01-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Classic Belichick

Strongman
01-22-2015, 08:24 AM
I did get the distinct impression that Brady was the lone actor in this.

BertSquirtgum
01-22-2015, 08:28 AM

Kick him out of the Super Bowl

chris66
01-22-2015, 08:31 AM
Brady is going to say he has no idea how the balls got deflated.
the NFL is not going to be able to prove who deflated the balls but they're going to fine them 50 to 75 thousand dollars and call it a day

better days
01-22-2015, 08:34 AM
the NFL is not going to be able to prove who deflated the balls but they're going to fine them 50 to 75 thousand dollars and call it a day

That is probably what will happen, but Brady & Belicheat should both be suspended for a year.

chris66
01-22-2015, 08:37 AM
That is probably what will happen, but Brady & Belicheat should both be suspended for a year.

Why do you think its taking so long all parties are trying to reach an agreement.

Pats so they know nothing c Goodell slaps their wristm

Best part it pisses off every other fanbase

cookie G
01-22-2015, 08:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/22/belichick-i-had-no-knowledge-whatsoever-about-deflated-balls/

Transcript.

I’ve learned a lot more about this process in the last three days than I knew — or had talked about — in the last 40 years that I’ve coached in this league. I had no knowledge of the various steps involved in the game balls, the process that happened between when they were prepared and went to the officials and went to the game, so I’ve learned a lot about that. Obviously, I understand that each team has the opportunity to prepare the balls the way they want, give them to the officials, and the game officials either approve or disapprove the balls, and that really was the end of it for me, until I learned a little bit more about it the last couple days.

Uh huh.

The guy has intimate knowledge of such obscurities such as making a WR ineligible receivers..but never bothered to pay attention to the weekly ritual of game ball preparation?

JUST STOP IT BILL!! STOP IT!!

better days
01-22-2015, 08:41 AM
Why do you think its taking so long all parties are trying to reach an agreement.

Best part is the CHEATING Patriots can forget about any talk of a dynasty or being one of the best teams ever.

Not only CHEATING, but CHEATING MULTIPLE WAYS & FOR A LONG TIME have tarnished the reputation of EVERYONE associated with that team from the owner on down.

coastal
01-22-2015, 08:51 AM
BelliCHEAT is going to claim ignorance?

What a disingenuous, smarmy little rat.

At least derpy now knows who his dad is.

Novacane
01-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Sean Payton claimed ignorance and got suspended for a year. The NFL claimed the HC is ultimately responsible whether he knew or not.

Novacane
01-22-2015, 08:59 AM

It's taking so long because puss goodell is hoping it blows over. The media and the other 31 fan bases aren't going to let it just blow over.

casdhf
01-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Nothing will be done until after the Super Bowl. The league won't chance tarnishing their crown jewel.

BuffaloRedleg
01-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Cheating is okay if you win by a lot.

Anyone need help on their taxes? I've got an idea.

Ed
01-22-2015, 09:18 AM
This has to be one of the dumbest stories ever, but at least it's the Pats.

Novacane
01-22-2015, 09:20 AM
Nothing will be done until after the Super Bowl. The league won't chance tarnishing their crown jewel.

You're right but it's to late on the not tarnishing the SB thing.

harmonkoz
01-22-2015, 09:26 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill Belichick at his press conference today. <a href="http://t.co/yz2fDaHhMU">pic.twitter.com/yz2fDaHhMU</a></p>&mdash; Bart Hubbuch (@BartHubbuch) <a href="https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/558285760911405056">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

feldspar
01-22-2015, 09:27 AM

I don't think the NFL really NEEDS to be able to prove which exact person deflated those balls. If they can reasonably surmise that the Patriots were behind it, the Head Coach is responsible whether you can prove he had knowledge of it or not. As far as I know, there was no real proof that Sean Payton had any knowledge of Bounty Gate, yet he was suspended for a whole year anyway.

trapezeus
01-22-2015, 09:29 AM
if this was the only time it came up as an issue, then fine, let it go.

but he has a history of wanting to skirt the rules, even when he's told specifically what is and isn't allowe.d

at the end of the day, the NFL has no trust in the patriot fan base to not completely disappear like its 2000 or earlier. so they'll do nothing or risk losing those fans back to baseball.

Historian
01-22-2015, 10:24 AM
I wonder what Lisa Olsen thinks....?

stuckincincy
01-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Here's some commentary by CBS Sports writer Will Brinson:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24983664/shocked-bill-belichick-fully-denies-any-knowledge-of-deflategate

jpdex12
01-22-2015, 11:16 AM
This is complete BS with Bill not knowing the preference Tom Brady has with a football. Bill pays attention to detail so much that he knows the game of football to the point of running plays against the Ravens to throw them off but he doesn't know his own 14 year QB's preference for a football? Horse*****!

I hate this team even more!

justasportsfan
01-22-2015, 11:21 AM

He said " Goddell had dinner at Bob Krafts house the night before the ravens game (true story) so you know this deflategate isn't going anywhere"

Joe Fo Sho
01-22-2015, 11:38 AM
He said " Goddell had dinner at Bob Krafts house the night before the ravens game (true story) so you know this deflategate isn't going anywhere"

That's more or less what I was expecting.

trapezeus
01-22-2015, 11:44 AM
belichick is such a standup guy. throws his qb under the bus by saying he'll answer the question. what a leader.

great legendary coaches have struggled when the roster gets thin at talent. belichick never has since 2001. is he really that much better than the very best names before him that he can take no names like Brady and no name running backs no name receivers, a defense that constantly rotates out and keep owning the division? no one else can come close to him? that is what makes no sense. a guy cheating to keep an edge where no one else is doing it, tends to be the easiest answer.

essentially if you believe he's that much of a genius, the world is worse off for having such a brilliant mind coaching football. he should be a savant that can excel in any industry.

people who buy his myth are delusional.

paladin warrior
01-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Belicheat- is going to say " I am very sorry because *sigh*- yes I did it and I told Tom use the deflated the ball.

stuckincincy
01-22-2015, 12:14 PM

True love forever...

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/09/10/robert-krafts-longstanding-friendship-with-roger-goodell-could-be-tested/

better days
01-22-2015, 02:31 PM
This is complete BS with Bill not knowing the preference Tom Brady has with a football. Bill pays attention to detail so much that he knows the game of football to the point of running plays against the Ravens to throw them off but he doesn't know his own 14 year QB's preference for a football? Horse*****!

I hate this team even more!

After the Ravens game, Brady told the Ravens to "READ THE RULE BOOK."

Brady said "Our team knows the rules."

So, now Belicheat is telling us he didn't know the rule book & he never touches a game ball.

Yeah, right Bill, you don't pass out game balls after a win? LMAO.

DynaPaul
01-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Belicheat is motivated by his urge to surpass Bills Parcells. A little bit of bad blood between them and he'll do anything to cement his legacy as the best coach ever.

Strongman
01-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Pretty strong evidence the Patriots are cheating:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

paladin warrior
01-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Belicheat- is still lying a little rat . I bet he cross his fingers behind his back while he speak in the press conferences. How about this way .Put Belicheat- and Tom. B.in the lie manchine room. See if both are lying a little rat .

harmonkoz
01-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Pretty strong evidence the Patriots are cheating:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

That is mind blowing. How the hell can the NFL ignore THAT?!

Strongman
01-22-2015, 04:03 PM
That is mind blowing. How the hell can the NFL ignore THAT?!

I'll bet they just shaved off psi in small increments the first few years. As the seasons passed, they got a little more brazen with it. That's why it is going up.

DynaPaul
01-22-2015, 04:17 PM

Statistical analysis by Miao Zang PHD. Home wins versus the rest of the league taken from Bryan O'Leary's book.

DynaPaul
01-22-2015, 04:18 PM

Odds of a perfect season at home. 0 is 54% which was cut off.

DynaPaul
01-22-2015, 04:21 PM

Patriots against the point spread.

chris66
01-22-2015, 05:46 PM
belichick is such a standup guy. throws his qb under the bus by saying he'll answer the question. what a leader.

great legendary coaches have struggled when the roster gets thin at talent. belichick never has since 2001. is he really that much better than the very best names before him that he can take no names like Brady and no name running backs no name receivers, a defense that constantly rotates out and keep owning the division? no one else can come close to him? that is what makes no sense. a guy cheating to keep an edge where no one else is doing it, tends to be the easiest answer.

essentially if you believe he's that much of a genius, the world is worse off for having such a brilliant mind coaching football. he should be a savant that can excel in any industry.

people who buy his myth are delusional.are you kidding that was brilliant. Im sure it was Krafts idea. let the gruff coach make a statement and the qb everbody likes answer the important questions

Joe Fo Sho
01-22-2015, 05:58 PM
are you kidding that was brilliant. Im sure it was Krafts idea. let the gruff coach make a statement and the qb everbody likes answer the important questions

You really live in your own world, don't ya?

chris66
01-22-2015, 06:00 PM
You really live in your own world, don't ya?
I was referring to the media.
Not trying to change the boards opinion. You guys had your minds made up as soon as the story broke

Joe Fo Sho
01-22-2015, 06:02 PM
I was referring to the media.
Not trying to change the boards opinion. You guys had your minds made up as soon as the story broke

Well yeah, this is a Bills forum.

I wouldn't say that the media loves Brady as much as you suggest. Some of them went after him harder than I thought they would.

chris66
01-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Well yeah, this is a Bills forum.

I wouldn't say that the media loves Brady as much as you suggest. Some of them went after him harder than I thought they would.only Ron Borges of the herald. he hates the Pats. He has hated them since they traded Bledsoe. He was his go to guy.

Joe Fo Sho
01-22-2015, 06:08 PM
only Ron Borges of the herald. he hates the Pats. He has hated them since they traded Bledsoe. He was his go to guy.

I like the sound of this 'Ron Borges' fellow.

chris66
01-22-2015, 06:13 PM
I like the sound of this 'Ron Borges' fellow.he is Bostons version of jerry sullivan