PDA

View Full Version : This year's SB viewership? Up, or down?

stuckincincy
01-22-2015, 06:00 PM
I say up. Vicarious thrills trump sense of fair play.

SpikedLemonade
01-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Up

YardRat
01-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Up. Inflategate is great for ratings. When it comes to getting people to watch something so one can make more money, there is no such thing as bad press.

Strongman
01-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Up because of the WWE-like storyline.

OpIv37
01-22-2015, 06:52 PM
The first SB I remember watching was when SF blew out Denver 55-10 in the late 80's.

I've watched every single one since, but I won't watch this one.

I decided that before I even heard about Inflategate. I have no interest in watching either Pete Carroll nor Brady and Belicheck win another title.

The scandal just reinforces my decision, because between the horrible officiating and NE's cheating, I don't have faith that it is going to be a fair contest that results in the better team winning.

BillsImpossible
01-22-2015, 07:14 PM
"There's no such thing as bad publicity."

BillsImpossible
01-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Never forget the fact that, "This is show business."

Must admit that I have been more entertained by the latest scandal compared to a week of boring crap leading up to the Super Bowl.

The NFL is laughing all the way to the bank.

"Deflategate," is the perfect way to inflate the ratings.

Evil marketing genius at work here.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2015, 07:50 PM
I'll be watching for the commercials and more importantly my numbers to come in.

Really don't care who wins.

It would be nice to see Pete Carroll win another Super Bowl. Reminds me of all the hate I got for suggestion the Bills hire Carroll years ago.

Topas
01-23-2015, 02:00 AM
Never forget the fact that, "This is show business."

Must admit that I have been more entertained by the latest scandal compared to a week of boring crap leading up to the Super Bowl.

The NFL is laughing all the way to the bank.

"Deflategate," is the perfect way to inflate the ratings.

Evil marketing genius at work here.

I don't think so.

First, OPIV and me will not watch. Ok. That is only two. But least. I think there will be more. And I watched all Super Bowls since 1992. And the first one I watched on a pay TV channel that we did not pay for, meaning the picture was blurred a lot and it was basically more like radio. So that is that.

And second, I think the NFL hates that this comes out prior to the Super Bowl. They got so much bad rep for Rice etc. And now this. And their favourite child is now severely tarnished and they are in a lose-lose situation. They can hit the Patriots hard (no Brady in SB, huge outcry) or they can slap them on the wirst (pay 10K and 5th round pick, huge outcry).

I do understand that you guys feel that an huge outcry is good for the ratings and they are happy. That might be. But I think if they are not cautious this thing can explode on them. If people feel this is rather the WWE than real football ratings will drop. If I get the feeling that everything is rigged then I will just stop caring...

trapezeus
01-23-2015, 08:02 AM
i've passed my breaking point. it's not even on principal. i turned off the AFC championship game right after brady got clocked legally and they threw the flag. trying to watch them fail with the amount of help they get and the cheating that occurs is a fool's errand. i'm done with it.

i've watched every superbowl that i can remember going back to the marino/49ers game. i vaguely remember details about that game.

when the league is quite to fine marshawn lynch for a celebration and gold sneakers but hasn't said crap about this? it's clear that keeping boston relevant is the only interest the NFL has. otherwise, they'd lose that whole fanbase to baseball.

it's also amzing that the owners are so silent on this. on one hand their investment is nicely protected. on the other hand, their teamhas no chance and they have to start consider adapting to this level of moves or keep the integrity of the game.

i have said i want the pats to win. i know that belichick covets that "i'm the greatest and not just a product of bill parcels." and he'll never get that. he could win all the superbowls for the next 10 years, and no one would grant him that title. and that emptiness will be awesome for him and brady to live with. that they'll never get credit for what they achieved in the past or what they acheive going forward. they've done their damage. and if they lose, they'll never think about it, because they didn't win. when they win, they'll know it doesn't mean anything to anyone and i think that will hurt a whole lot more.

Pinkerton Security
01-23-2015, 09:05 AM
I just want to see the Pats lose SO badly that I have to watch just in case they do. When they lost to the Giants on the David Tyree catch, you'd think it was the Bills I was rooting for on TV, and I actually cant stand Giants fans...this is how deep my hatred goes.

better days
01-23-2015, 09:47 AM
I think this will be a fair game.

I think the Refs have been told DO NOT give questionable calls to the Pats*

Don't "JUST GIVE IT TO THEM".

The Seahawks have a VERY GOOD Defense & a pretty good Offense.

I DOUBT the Pats* can win a FAIR game against the Hawks.

Pinkerton Security
01-23-2015, 10:02 AM
I think this will be a fair game.

I think the Refs have been told DO NOT give questionable calls to the Pats*

Don't "JUST GIVE IT TO THEM".

The Seahawks have a VERY GOOD Defense & a pretty good Offense.

I DOUBT the Pats* can win a FAIR game against the Hawks.

I'm glad YOU think THIS is going to be a FAIR game, BUT why do you THINK this? just a FEELING?! IS your CAPSLOCK malfunctioning OR Do you JUST love CAPItalizing?!

DraftBoy
01-23-2015, 10:17 AM
Up again.

imbondz
01-23-2015, 12:04 PM
The Seahawks were involved on the wrong side in arguably the worst officiated SB ever. I would hope Refs would be as fair as possible knowing how bright the spotlight is now.

CommissarSpartacus
01-23-2015, 12:08 PM
The first SB I remember watching was when SF blew out Denver 55-10 in the late 80's.

I've watched every single one since, but I won't watch this one.

I decided that before I even heard about Inflategate. I have no interest in watching either Pete Carroll nor Brady and Belicheck win another title.

The scandal just reinforces my decision, because between the horrible officiating and NE's cheating, I don't have faith that it is going to be a fair contest that results in the better team winning.

I think everyone should boycott the Superbowl in protest.

No one goes to the game, no one watches the broadcast.

That'd show Bill Belichek he's not so smart!

Historian
01-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Viewership will break records, as it does every year. It's more about an event than a football game.

Ill probably watch a quarter, and if NE is being given the game Ill turn to HBO or something.

Incidentally, my first SB was SB III....and Joe Willie's guarantee.

Dad and I were rooting for Namath and the Jets, like all good AFL fans.

better days
01-23-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm glad YOU think THIS is going to be a FAIR game, BUT why do you THINK this? just a FEELING?! IS your CAPSLOCK malfunctioning OR Do you JUST love CAPItalizing?!

Logic dictates this will be a fair game.

The NFL does not want another scandal piled on top of deflategate IMO.