• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The Bills Are Going To Draft A Running Back, I Really Like Mike Davis

Ground and pound, with a passing twist.

Fix the run first, then worry about the pass.

If a team can't run, the pass does not matter.

Best way to fix the offensive line is by drafting the future franchise running back.

What running back do you like in the 2015 NFL Draft?

On WGR this morning I heard Joe Buscaglia say that the Bills leading rusher in 2015 is currently not on the roster.

I don't think CJ Spiller will be on the team next year, he's too much of a liability in the blocking department.

Fred Jackson is likely entering his last year in the NFL.

Boobie and Brown will battle for a roster spot.

Todd Gurley is the best running back in the draft, but will likely be gone by the time the Bills are on the clock in the 2nd round.

Melvin Gordon is an interesting prospect who is also projected to be drafted in the 1st round.

The running back that stands out the most to me when thinking about the future of the Bills offense is Mike Davis.

Davis is a very physical, powerful downhill runner that can catch the ball too. Reminds me of Frank Gore with great hands.

Running backs that can be used as passing weapons is underutilized in the NFL, surprisingly.

Thurman Thomas caught a lot of passes. When's the last time you saw an NFL running back catch so many passes?

It is very rare to have a running back with excellent running and catching abilities.

Mike Davis has both.

Ground, pound, and pass too.
  • Strongman
    • Apr 2006

Re: The Bills Are Going To Draft A Running Back, I Really Like Mike Davis

I like him too. He looks like a powerful runner and with that frame he'd be hard to bring down. He seems to have a good initial cut also. He looks stronger than Gore. He almost reminds me of Travis Henry in some ways as well (hopefully without the off the field problems)

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

There are scouts who question his work ethic, conditioning and focus...

Not too exciting of a pick, probably someone who will be had around the 5th round.

I'd expect him to not play very long over being an integral part of any team's offense.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

The best way to fix the offensive line is to fix the offensive line. Hopefully a FA, another draft pick, the current youngsters and a new coach will do just that.

I like TJ Yeldon better, but guess I could settle for Davis as a consolation prize. Have to admit I haven't seen him play that much, how are his blocking skills and can he pick up blitzes?
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

It's really a hard pill to swallow every time I have to watch Marshawn Lynch run over a bunch of people. As much as I love Fred Jackson, Lynch alone is better than Spiller, Dixon, and Brown put together.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

He is a Frank Gore type (Roman would like that) and has a 3rd round grade. Talented and tough, no question.

But if they don't fix the OG slots, none of this will matter. That's what I've been concentrating on during the Shrine and Senior Bowl weeks. I still think RB's are easy to find in FA and on draft Saturday (rounds 4-7).

IF they can't sign one of the big name Guards in FA, they better draft 2 early draft weekend. Can't run without them and I see a few good ones that can be selected.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

It all depends on what they accomplish in FA, but do bear in mind that they tried to draft one last year WITH Spiller/Jackson/Dixon in place. I don't think you can count on Brown being the solution. If I'm Whaley, my first route has to be finding a FA G who can play. A freshly picked 2nd round G is not nearly game ready as a rookie 2nd round RB.

Ideally, you expect to find two Tackles among Glenn, Henderson and Kouandjio. Wood at C. FA G. And then Williams/Rechardson/Urbik to fight for the other G position.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Davis, Yeldon, Duke Johnson, Artis-Payne any of these guys in the middle rds works.

Gurley is the only guy I would consider early, if healthy.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

my belief is the line isn't as bad as it seemed last year. i think they weren't coached at all and were left on an island. i would like to get aFA addition, but i don't think we need to go crazy in the draft.

if the line gets fixed with largely the guys we have an a FA pick up, (even if it's justone side that becomes very good), i think boobie, fred and brown can get through. it would be great to have a big name and new back in there, but it seems to me that we need the line to come together first.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                    • Feb 2010

If you want the next Thurman Thomas/Fred jackson type guy you have to go Ameer Abdullah. The B1G Conference by far had the best backs in the country last year...another one who has limitless potential in Tevin Coleman from Indiana. He is going to be All-Pro.
                    Last edited by SaviorEdwards; 01-23-2015, 08:17 AM.
                    "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

I like Abdullah. A little small though but guy is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Like your wr from OSU Devin Smith too.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Bryce Brown is a very good back, let him play.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                          Bryce Brown is a very good back, let him play.
                          and if underinflating balls aren't a big deal but the patriot backs never fumble, get bryce brown an underinflated ball. he'll be king of the world.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

I still think they're going to re-sign Spiller, and if they do that it doesn't really make sense to draft a 5th RB. I think they'll bring in some undrafted guys to compete and possibly be on the PS, but I just don't see RB being a priority for this team. If CJ is gone though, then that would definitely change things.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

After watching him the last 2 years, Spiller doesn't wish to run between the tackles anymore. Don't know if Roman would like his type. I bet he would prefer another Dixon type with a bit more speed.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X