PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The Bills First Free Agent Acquisition?

BillsImpossible
01-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Stefen Wisniewski, Center?

Rodney Hudson, Center?

Orlando Franklin, Guard/Tackle?

Mike Iupati, Guard?

Clint Boling, Guard?

I like the idea of signing one of the two top centers and moving Wood to guard. It fixes two positions with one signing.

Franklin and Iupati are going to cost too much, but the 2015 NFL Draft is deep with talent on the offensive line. Bills should be able to find a good guard in round 3.

Glenn, Wood, Wisniewski, Poutasi, Henderson

If the Bills lure Wisniewski back to his native country, draft Mike Davis in the 2nd and Jeremiah Poutasi in the 3rd, I'll be a happy Bills camper.

Now all the Bills need to do is make sure EJ Manuel practices on his accuracy every single day, twice a day this off-season.

If EJ's not throwing at least 200 balls a day in to buckets in his backyard, everything else doesn't really matter.

YardRat
01-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Obviously I like the idea of going after a center and moving Wood to G, but with the new hires even that is going to be a temporary fix. Eric is probably on his way out in a season or two, unless he can become a road-grader.

Night Train
01-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Interior OL is certainly sharp thinking. That's what I'm concentrating on during the college all-star games.

Agreed that the top 2 OG's may cost too much, so who is our first signing ?

Wouldn't be surprised if 39 year old Matt Hasselbeck signs a 1 year deal with a team option for a 2nd year. He backed up Luck in Indy and is a future coach. If Manuel bombs, he can play. A bridge to the 2016 draft with a deeper QB pool.

BTW - I can ID several good OG & C candidates in this draft. The Bills will take another look at IR returnee Chris Williams and rookie Richardson at OG (while hopefully cutting Urbik and Pears). Our Tackles and Wood at C are fine.

If Tampa picks Winston, then trade a late 2016 pick for Mike Glennon.