X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

The Colts linebacker..

The Colts linebacker that everyone reported as the guy who noticed the under-inflated footballs has DENIED that he did it. He said he wouldn't know the difference.

So, do any of the hanging judges out there know how and by who this situation was reported to the person who notified the officials?

Thanks...

NEWS: COLTS LINEBACKER D'QWELL JACKSON DENIES SAYING INTERCEPTED BALL FROM PATRIOTS TOM BRADY FELT UNDERINFLATED AS PRESSURE MOUNTS FOR NFL TO EXPLAIN DEFLATEGATE SCANDAL

New questions have arisen in the Deflategate scandal now that Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson has denied that a ball he intercepted from Tom Brady during Sunday's game felt underinflated.
    My tebya razdavim
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: The Colts linebacker..

I don't recall any reports saying Jackson was the one that noticed. Maybe I missed it or forgot, but everything I recall seeing stated it was discovered after Jackson turned the ball over on the sideline after the pick. Pretty sure it was reported a few days ago that Jackson stated he 'wasn't a whistleblower'.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

What's your point?

Are you saying the balls were not under-inflated? Who cares who ratted them out. The facts are the facts. And that chart that shows that the Pats are the off the charts leaders in the fewest lost fumbles category is as damning a statistic as you could invent if you were writing a novel about this.

They had means, motive. Once they figure out where opportunity came in--case closed.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        The Colts linebacker that everyone reported as the guy who noticed the under-inflated footballs has DENIED that he did it. He said he wouldn't know the difference.

So, do any of the hanging judges out there know how and by who this situation was reported to the person who notified the officials?

Thanks...

NEWS: COLTS LINEBACKER D'QWELL JACKSON DENIES SAYING INTERCEPTED BALL FROM PATRIOTS TOM BRADY FELT UNDERINFLATED AS PRESSURE MOUNTS FOR NFL TO EXPLAIN DEFLATEGATE SCANDAL

New questions have arisen in the Deflategate scandal now that Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson has denied that a ball he intercepted from Tom Brady during Sunday's game felt underinflated.
        i'm almost 100% certain it was a member of the colts sideline staff who noticed when jackson handed over the ball. at least that's how it was originally reported.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BOBM253
          elite QB
          • Aug 2010

The initial reports indicated that the interceptor was the one who noticed the ball felt different and reported it to a sideline coach who was going to save the ball for him. That coach then reported it further up the chain and from there it went. Interesting change of scenario.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Equipment manager maybe : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-scandal.html

As for why Jackson, and why he tossed the football he intercepted to a member of the Colts' equipment staff after he picked off Brady, he claims he just wanted a 'souvenir,' and that anything that happened after that is 'beyond' him.
            Or maybe not : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-interception/

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the NFL already had planned to check the footballs at halftime, based on concerns previously raised by the Colts.
            Last edited by Mace; 01-24-2015, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

So, it seems we still don't know who or why discovered this as an issue, huh?

After all this time, we still don't have an official story? Why should that take any more than a couple of phone calls? SOMEBODY alerted the officials.

As far as I can see, what we've established is 1. that the balls were lgit when turned into the NFL's custody before the game. 2. SOMEONE during the first half on the COLTS staff got his hands on a game ball and then tipped off the officials. 3. The balls were tested, the Pat's balls were 2 psi under and the Colts were compliant (although we've NEVER been told what the Colts balls tested at when they were turned in and we haven't been told what they were tested at during half-time - only that thjey were compliant.

THAT'S IT.

Everything else is pure speculation, 98% of which is driven by hatred and jealousy.

To automatically assume from just these facts that it's absurd to think anyone but the Pats are responsible is risible.
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Thanks...

Holy ****, I have some friends who are Pats fans, but even they don't like them as much as you do.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2008

Yeah, the reports I heard never said D'Qwell Jackson was the guy who noticed the deflation, so I don't see how a denial from him changes anything. Sorry, shiv, but this one is a non-starter.

Comment

• Spartacus
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                    Yeah, the reports I heard never said D'Qwell Jackson was the guy who noticed the deflation, so I don't see how a denial from him changes anything. Sorry, shiv, but this one is a non-starter.
                    Google it. It was the first explanation. Look, shouldn't we know who the guy was that held the football and said "Hey, this ball feels underinflated to me! Let's tell the refs!"

And here's another thing.

The refrs handle the balls all the time.

Why did none of them recogni2e the balls were under-inflated?
                    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Even if somebody did report it that way, and in fact I have found a couple myself, it's a moot point...with the rush to report these days it's getting less unusual for the earliest comments to have some kind of error.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        Even if somebody did report it that way, and in fact I have found a couple myself, it's a moot point...with the rush to report these days it's getting less unusual for the earliest comments to have some kind of error.
                        I don't think who reported it and why are moot.

Since it wasn't the supposedly impartial officials, or a player, it had to be someone either on the Colts or Pats sidelines.

Of course, there's another party that could get the refs to geab the balls and test therm - the league office.

There's an article in one of the other threads, or maybe this one, I relied to it this morning, that identified a longtime Jets exec that went to work for the league office who has a vendetta against Belichek and the Pats, with the suggestion than he may have given the order to check the balls.

Remember, the easiest guys to set up are people that already have a sketchy history. Too many people WANT this to be true for them to admit the Pats may be being set up in some way.
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I don't think who reported it and why are moot.

Since it wasn't the supposedly impartial officials, or a player, it had to be someone either on the Colts or Pats sidelines.

Of course, there's another party that could get the refs to geab the balls and test therm - the league office.

There's an article in one of the other threads, or maybe this one, I relied to it this morning, that identified a longtime Jets exec that went to work for the league office who has a vendetta against Belichek and the Pats, with the suggestion than he may have given the order to check the balls.

Remember, the easiest guys to set up are people that already have a sketchy history. Too many people WANT this to be true for them to admit the Pats may be being set up in some way.
                          My comment was in reference to the media reporting it to the public, not the participants that may have been involved in discovering the issue and reporting it to whatever authorities. Yes, those details are important.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

It was probably initially "reported" by someone on twitter who wanted to be the first to report it and it was retweeted a million times.

You know how it is, the first thing you hear is always the truth. sarcasm

Comment

• ICRockets
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2008

Google it. It was the first explanation. Look, shouldn't we know who the guy was that held the football and said "Hey, this ball feels underinflated to me! Let's tell the refs!"

And here's another thing.

The refrs handle the balls all the time.

Why did none of them recogni2e the balls were under-inflated?
                              I don't need to google it. I remember the timeline and I've read enough about it. The initial article I read that connected D'Qwell Jackson to it all said he handed the ball to the equipment manager who passed either the ball or some information up the line to people like Colts GM Ryan Grigson. Whether or not Jackson noticed anything is completely irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                              X