PDA

View Full Version : Incestuous AFC East continues

bleve
01-24-2015, 08:51 PM
We have half of the Jets coaches, and the Jets have Gailey, then stole Pepper, and now they've hired Bobby April:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Jets-Sign-Coordinators-Kacy-Rodgers-Bobby-April/8473d6a8-7b25-499e-961c-c29cc395fba0

For ***** sake

elltrain22
01-24-2015, 08:56 PM
They should hire tricky dick for the db's

Mace
01-24-2015, 08:57 PM
We have half of the Jets coaches, and the Jets have Gailey, then stole Pepper, and now they've hired Bobby April:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Jets-Sign-Coordinators-Kacy-Rodgers-Bobby-April/8473d6a8-7b25-499e-961c-c29cc395fba0

For ***** sake

It's kind of funny. But if it works for anyone I hope it's us, but I have this weird feeling it will be them.

l3ills
01-25-2015, 02:22 AM
It's kind of funny. But if it works for anyone I hope it's us, but I have this weird feeling it will be them.

It's not a "weird" feeling if it happens for 15 years.

swiper
01-25-2015, 04:49 AM
If Gailey would have only had a DC the quality of Todd Bowles, he'd likely still be coaching the Bills.

Give the new Jets regime some credit for recognizing that Johnson, Gailey and April are good coaches.

harmonkoz
01-25-2015, 05:08 AM
If Gailey would have only had a DC the quality of Todd Bowles, he'd likely still be coaching the Bills.

Give the new Jets regime some credit for recognizing that Johnson, Gailey and April are good coaches.

I think that is going to be a hell of a coaching staff as long as the new GM can deliver talent. They are essentially starting with a bare cupboard.

Skooby
01-25-2015, 06:15 AM
Parcells visited everyone's AFC teepee but ours.

justasportsfan
01-25-2015, 07:42 AM
With his anointed qb Fitz? I'm not so sure.Besides he anointed Wanny as well. He just wasn't meant to be a HC

HHURRICANE
01-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Bowles is their Head Coach? Last I looked he's never been a Head Coach. When we had Bobby April he had so much influence on the team that he cost us games.

The Jets have a bunch of mediocre retreads.

Meathead
01-25-2015, 08:49 AM
yeah i like the jets coaches. but id say we did better overall

rex >>> todd

i like bowles but rex has a big advantage at the hc job simply bc hes been doing it a while and is going into his second job at that level. he was a good hc in nj and i think he'll be even better now

chan == roman

roman was the hottest oc in the nfl before this last season where he came under some criticism for the niners falling off the cliff. pretty much everyone in the know have said he didnt deserve to take the blame for that. chans did impressive things with a sub-par fitz, spiller, and the offensive line. wash

thurman > kacy

both guys are sort of dcs in name only, but thurman has been doing it longer and appears closer to getting a hc job than kacy

april > crossman

i woulda said this was a huge advantage for the jerks prior to crossman coming here but his units have been impressive. still, bobby is probably the best st coach we have ever had so he gets the nod. besides, we have our own bobby april (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/april_bobbyIII/043c5f38-b5ec-46c9-8f0c-eaf5da92d706) on staff anyway

dunbar >>> pepper

i wasnt gonna go below the coordinators but this had to be said: both are very good dline coaches but dunbar has the advantage bc hes turning white while pepper appears to be getting blacker as time goes on

https://itstinksinhere.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/karl.jpg >> http://prod.static.patriots.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/2014/500x305-thumbs/500x305-pepper-johnson-statement.jpg

YardRat
01-25-2015, 10:26 AM
I hope their cast-offs work out better for us than ours do for them.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-25-2015, 10:34 AM
TBH that Jets staff is concerning. Chan seems like the ideal coach for Geno and Bowles helped build a hell of a unit in Arizona.

EDS
01-25-2015, 02:06 PM
It was so easy to hate the Jets when they had Rex as coach. Now I am conflicted because I think Bowles was a good hire and want their GM to do well since he went to the same undergrad I went to.

BleedinGreenNC
01-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Bowles is their Head Coach? Last I looked he's never been a Head Coach. When we had Bobby April he had so much influence on the team that he cost us games.

The Jets have a bunch of mediocre retreads.

If thats the case, they thats what you got with the Jets coaches that went to the Bills

DynaPaul
01-25-2015, 04:06 PM
I heard Bowles speaking on Sirius NFL radio and he sounded real dumb to tell you the truth.

BleedinGreenNC
01-25-2015, 07:39 PM
I heard Bowles speaking on Sirius NFL radio and he sounded real dumb to tell you the truth.

We shall see.

Night Train
01-26-2015, 03:30 AM
Lou Saban went from the Pats to the Bills in 1962.

I blame him for all this inbreeding.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 07:05 AM
dunbar >>> pepper
i wasnt gonna go below the coordinators but this had to be said: both are very good dline coaches but dunbar has the advantage bc hes turning white while pepper appears to be getting blacker as time goes on

That is really bad meat...

better days
01-26-2015, 07:34 AM
We shall see.

The biggest question about Bowles is can he survive as HC in NYC until the Jets roster is rebuilt?

The AFC East is no pushover Division & Bowles knows nothing about it.

Add to that he has the worst roster in the Division, I don't see how he survives.

BleedinGreenNC
01-26-2015, 01:43 PM
The biggest question about Bowles is can he survive as HC in NYC until the Jets roster is rebuilt?

The AFC East is no pushover Division & Bowles knows nothing about it.

Add to that he has the worst roster in the Division, I don't see how he survives.

What makes you think it needs to be rebuilt?

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 01:46 PM
What makes you think it needs to be rebuilt?

It's crap.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Nice tits btw...

BleedinGreenNC
01-26-2015, 02:05 PM
It's crap.

Hehe, have fun with the Jets coaching staff.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Hehe, have fun with the Jets coaching staff.

I would rather have the Bills roster with the Jets old coaching staff, rather than the Jets roster with the Bills old coaching staff.

BleedinGreenNC
01-26-2015, 04:05 PM
I would rather have the Bills roster with the Jets old coaching staff, rather than the Jets roster with the Bills old coaching staff.

We shall see. I think you guys will have a great couple of years, and then its downhill from there.

swiper
01-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Jets do more wife swapping, errr.... coach swapping with the Bills:

Patullo spent one season with the Titans and was out of the NFL in 2013 after spending three years on the offensive staff of the Bills.

Kevin Patullo joining Jets as quarterbacks coach (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/27/kevin-patullo-joining-jets-as-quarterbacks-coach/)