• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

If the Pats aren't guilty...

Than who or what is? Are there any other reasonable explanations that have any actual validity?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • harmonkoz
    Spartacus is a troll
    • Oct 2002

Re: If the Pats aren't guilty...

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    Than who or what is? Are there any other reasonable explanations that have any actual validity?
    They are guilty of using the rules like no other team. They are, as Mike Westhoff says "like Enron". They eventually will get busted.

Basically, I think the Patriots (Tom Shady and Bill Belicheat) started with an 11.5 psi ball. They then prepped it, raising it to 12.5... Refs checked it, it was good. It then cools to 11.5. Weather takes it from there. Crock of excrement, I know. But in all likelihood accurate. Chaps my ass because they knew they were doing it.

I guarantee you will see a couple of new rules from the competition committee this offseason pertaining to the balls and eligible receivers.
    Last edited by harmonkoz; 01-25-2015, 05:00 AM.
    The Dolphins Blow, the Jets Swallow, and the Patriots take it in the arse.

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

The fact remains. All the Colt footballs were properly inflated. 11 of 12 of the Patriot balls were deflated.

Belichick can say he's not going to devote any more time to the issue all he wants. I want to see what the NFL does. And the way it's dragging it's feet, it seems they will not mete out any sort of punishment until after the Super Bowl. Which will make any punishment essentially meaningless.

Comment

• harmonkoz
        Spartacus is a troll
        • Oct 2002

Yes that is most likely caused by the colts prep method not raising the temperature of the football.

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

I heard they cool the air with an air conditioner before inflating the footballs.

Comment

• harmonkoz
            Spartacus is a troll
            • Oct 2002

That makes no sense. The devil is in the details. What is the Patriots prep method? Could be as simple as microwaving the ball.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

uhhh, sauna? every nfl facility has one, all you need are legs, hands, and a pump
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Belichick's 2nd press conference claimed that the refs inflate the footballs. He said the team can ask for a specific PSI but the ref has the discretion. If that's true (and it contradicts what I've read), then then it would potentially absolve the Pats.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

I'll blame Wolfork, he sits on them and voile.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

This is heading in a 'nothing to see here' direction, the difference in BB's attitude between the pressers is a little unsettling.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      This is heading in a 'nothing to see here' direction, the difference in BB's attitude between the pressers is a little unsettling.
                      Belicheat knows a *****storm is coming during Super Bowl week.

He tried to deflate the issue.

Comment

• Buckets
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        I heard they cool the air with an air conditioner before inflating the footballs.
                        Really? How about they filled the balls in a 75F room to the legal 12.5 psi and the took them outside where it was 35 degrees cooler. All legal according to the NFL. Are they required to check them again before the start of the game? I think not. The Patsies just know how to use the rules just like a good defense attorney, you hate them unless its you they're defending.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                          Really? How about they filled the balls in a 75F room to the legal 12.5 psi and the took them outside where it was 35 degrees cooler. All legal according to the NFL. Are they required to check them again before the start of the game? I think not. The Patsies just know how to use the rules just like a good defense attorney, you hate them unless its you they're defending.
                          I saw that argument and it doesn't make sense. If the balls are going to freefall in pressure over less than two hours, based on a 25 (it was 50, not 40) degree difference, how badly would they deflate in a truly bad weather game? The Pats played in 20 degree weather the week before, were they 3-4 psi off then?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                            If that were the case and you do the math, then the Colts' balls would have deflated to less than 12 psi alos, even if they were initially filled to the 13.5 psi max. Everything I've seen indicates the Indy balls were still within the acceptable range when checked.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Buckets
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              I saw that argument and it doesn't make sense. If the balls are going to freefall in pressure over less than two hours, based on a 25 (it was 50, not 40) degree difference, how badly would they deflate in a truly bad weather game? The Pats played in 20 degree weather the week before, were they 3-4 psi off then?
                              I'm sure you could google it to see if it's accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X