PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster still has SB tix??

Meathead
01-26-2015, 01:13 PM
just got an email from ticketmaster saying they have sb tix for sale (!)

dont think i ever saw that before. is it possible cheating cheaters who cheatgate has turned enough ppl off? hard to believe so probably no, but that would be cool

anybody ever remember getting one of these emails any other year?

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 01:24 PM
just got an email from ticketmaster saying they have sb tix for sale (!)

dont think i ever saw that before. is it possible cheating cheaters who cheatgate has turned enough ppl off? hard to believe so probably no, but that would be cool

anybody ever remember getting one of these emails any other year?

Don't remember seeing it. Personally, unless the Bills ever go again -- dropping that much coin for nose bleed seats at an overrated game just does not make very much sense to me. As much as I would like to flee the iceberg known as Wisconsin for sunny Arizona right now--HD TV seats in my living room is the better value.

jamze132
01-26-2015, 02:09 PM
When I was stationed in Germany last year, my buddy who is a die-hard Broncos fan purchased 4 tickets, 4 plane tickets, and booked a hotel 6 days before the Super Bowl. Cost him $14K and they got spanked!

Meathead
01-27-2015, 02:32 AM
oh god ouch. hope he had the money to burn

but i still think this is super unusual. tix for the sb on ticketmaster this late?!? im hoping this is a sign ppl are disgusted and turned off by the cheating bastards, but im not certain

Albany,n.y.
01-27-2015, 08:00 AM
It's Ticket Exchange they're talking about in the e-mail. If you want to pay $4k (after fees, which aren't included in the prices listed) to see the Patriots/Seahawks go for it. You won't see Ticketmaster selling any of those $800 or $1,000 tickets at face value.

jamze132
01-27-2015, 11:43 AM
oh god ouch. hope he had the money to burn

but i still think this is super unusual. tix for the sb on ticketmaster this late?!? im hoping this is a sign ppl are disgusted and turned off by the cheating bastards, but im not certain

I think it has more to do with people buying tickets early and then selling high. I understand Ticketmaster isn't like Stubhub though...

Albany,n.y.
01-29-2015, 08:03 AM
This might turn out to be the most expensive Super Bowl of all time. In the final week you couldn't get seats cheaper than about $4,000 and by Friday the cheapest seats were over $7,000.
I don't understand why they went up so much, since the day after the conference championships they started around $2,300.

trapezeus
01-29-2015, 10:36 AM
i got an amex email in December saying they had a special package for 1 ticket and all these special events for $13k. ummm, no thanks.
if the bills ever get to the superbowl again, i'd watch in buffalo so if they won, i could hug all my family and buffalo friends. no way i'd go to the game.

stuckincincy
01-30-2015, 09:11 AM
i got an amex email in December saying they had a special package for 1 ticket and all these special events for $13k. ummm, no thanks.
if the bills ever get to the superbowl again, i'd watch in buffalo so if they won, i could hug all my family and buffalo friends. no way i'd go to the game.

This article points to owner greed...

NFL keeps grip on Super Bowl tickets, except for owners
Brent Schrotenboer, USA TODAY Sports 1:39 a.m. EST January 30, 2015

"PHOENIX – The NFL has a pretty old and simple formula for determining who gets tickets to the biggest game in the world.

Officially, the league says that 75% of this year's estimated 71,000 Super Bowl tickets were given to its 32 clubs, with the other 25% retained by the league.

Unofficially, the league maintains a caste system of sellers and buyers. "It's 100% about money and control," said Steve Pociask, president of the American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research.

In the high-flying era of StubHub, team owners and other league insiders are allowed to package those tickets at prices well above face value. As of Thursday evening, the average price list price was $10,919, the most expensive sports, theater or concert event ever tracked, according to TiqIQ, a ticket aggregator and reseller founded in 2009."...

The whole story:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/29/super-bowl-tickets-nfl-owners-scalping-rules/22558673/

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2015, 09:26 AM
This article points to owner greed...

NFL keeps grip on Super Bowl tickets, except for owners
Brent Schrotenboer, USA TODAY Sports 1:39 a.m. EST January 30, 2015

"PHOENIX – The NFL has a pretty old and simple formula for determining who gets tickets to the biggest game in the world.

Officially, the league says that 75% of this year's estimated 71,000 Super Bowl tickets were given to its 32 clubs, with the other 25% retained by the league.

Unofficially, the league maintains a caste system of sellers and buyers. "It's 100% about money and control," said Steve Pociask, president of the American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research.

In the high-flying era of StubHub, team owners and other league insiders are allowed to package those tickets at prices well above face value. As of Thursday evening, the average price list price was $10,919, the most expensive sports, theater or concert event ever tracked, according to TiqIQ, a ticket aggregator and reseller founded in 2009."...

The whole story:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/29/super-bowl-tickets-nfl-owners-scalping-rules/22558673/

Of course they do. If they didn't then actual football fans might be able to attend the Bowl, and there's nothing that terrifies the NFL more than its own fans.

DraftBoy
01-30-2015, 09:50 AM
Of course they do. If they didn't then actual football fans might be able to attend the Bowl, and there's nothing that terrifies the NFL more than its own fans.

I don't think its a terrified thing as much as they know they have them basically no matter what. No need to placate to a group that you basically have hook, line, and sinker. I think that mentality drives many of their decisions far more than fear of what the fans might do.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2015, 09:51 AM
I don't think its a terrified thing as much as they know they have them basically no matter what. No need to placate to a group that you basically have hook, line, and sinker. I think that mentality drives many of their decisions far more than fear of what the fans might do.

Fine, rather than fear I'll call it contempt.

Albany,n.y.
01-30-2015, 09:55 AM

I'm an actual fan & I've been to 5 Super Bowls-the 4 Bills SBs where twice I got the tickets at face value when a friend who I pooled my chances with won the team lottery 2 of the 4 years (I went Disney package the 1st year through the Bills/NFL & went Santos Tours to Atlanta) and last year when tickets were relatively cheap for the game (I spent $1,857 for a $1,000 seat and drove to the game) and there were more "real" football fans than any other Super Bowl because the corporate folks didn't want to be outside in February in NJ.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-30-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm an actual fan & I've been to 5 Super Bowls-the 4 Bills SBs where twice I got the tickets at face value when a friend who I pooled my chances with won the team lottery 2 of the 4 years (I went Disney package the 1st year through the Bills/NFL & went Santos Tours to Atlanta) and last year when tickets were relatively cheap for the game (I spent $1,857 for a $1,000 seat and drove to the game) and there were more "real" football fans than any other Super Bowl because the corporate folks didn't want to be outside in February in NJ.

The fact that what you consider "relatively cheap" is a $1800+ ticket at nearly twice face value, without any travel charges, shows what I'm talking about.

DraftBoy
01-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Fine, rather than fear I'll call it contempt.

You can't beat the blind support from the ignorant masses.