PDA

View Full Version : NFL Zeroes in on Patriots locker room attendant

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 01:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/report-nfl-investigation-has-zeroed-in-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/

Okay Fartacus, commence spewing your crap all over this thread too.

jamze132
01-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Well the only way he would deflate balls is at Brady's request.

But to play devil's advocate for a moment... Don't the refs touch the ball before each and every play? Wouldn't they have noticed under-inflation? Would the refs be on the payroll too?

Ingtar33
01-26-2015, 02:01 PM
actually i'll say this will be the scapegoat. he'll lose his 30k/year job, and Marsha/BB who told him to do it will get off scott free. the accusation will be he did it alone and on his own hook

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:03 PM

But to play devil's advocate for a moment... Don't the refs touch the ball before each and every play? Wouldn't they have noticed under-inflation? Would the refs be on the payroll too?

Based off Belicheats statements, if pro qb's could not tell the difference. Not sure how a ref could.

- - - Updated - - -

actually i'll say this will be the scapegoat. he'll lose his 30k/year job, and Marsha/BB who told him to do it will get off scott free. the accusation will be he did it alone and on his own hook

And he will get a job mowing Krafts yard for 60k a year.

jamze132
01-26-2015, 02:06 PM
ABC News did a bit where they blindfolded a guy and inflated a football properly and another one below pressure. he was able to guess the correct one every time...

I'll also say that the ball boy will be fired but he'll live a comfortable life to keep his mouth shut.

Joe Fo Sho
01-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Based off Belicheats statements, if pro qb's could not tell the difference. Not sure how a ref could.

My favorite part is how Brady claimed that he couldn't tell the difference between 12.5 psi and 10.5 psi, yet in the same breath said he prefers 12.5 psi over 13.5 psi. If you can tell the difference between one, can't you tell the difference between the other?

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:09 PM
ABC News did a bit where they blindfolded a guy and inflated a football properly and another one below pressure. he was able to guess the correct one every time...

I'll also say that the ball boy will be fired but he'll live a comfortable life to keep his mouth shut.

They had a comparison to make, and they knew they were looking for a difference.

Joe Fo Sho
01-26-2015, 02:10 PM

If they're going to let the ball boy take the blame for this, then he may as well have just hit the jackpot.

notacon
01-26-2015, 02:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/report-nfl-investigation-has-zeroed-in-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/

Okay Fartacus, commence spewing your crap all over this thread too.

Just what everyone expected. Some low level guy is going to take the hit.

First, Belichick throws Brady under the bus...now Brady is going to throw some "locker room attendant" under the bus too.

jamze132
01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
They had a comparison to make, and they knew they were looking for a difference.

My son can tell which football has more air than another...

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:30 PM
My son can tell which football has more air than another...

Right, but the ref has one ball. Not two to make a comparison with. I also don't think they expected it or looked for it. The inspection was already done.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sounds like Patriots just threw a ball boy off the bus. Then backed up and ran over him.</p>&mdash; Gregg Doyel (@GreggDoyelStar) <a href="https://twitter.com/GreggDoyelStar/status/559822963508133890">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

stuckincincy
01-26-2015, 02:40 PM
Let's see if ballboy surfaces in Rio with a $100K bankroll...Mardi Gras!!! :kid:

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How in God&#39;s name did Patriots&#39; internal investigation not turn up this locker room attendant <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer">@JayGlazer</a> is talking about? Something&#39;s fishy</p>&mdash; UTKevinAcee (@UTKevinAcee) <a href="https://twitter.com/UTKevinAcee/status/559816531584905216">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

better days
01-26-2015, 02:52 PM

Yes officials touch the ball, but they don't grip it like a player does.

Chances are most officials don't know if the ball is deflated, but I would not be surprised to find an official or two like Walt "just give it to them" Colman that did know about it.

k-oneputt
01-26-2015, 02:52 PM
And so it begins....low man on the pole takes the hit.

Surprised it took this long.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Patriots are going to get the third degree when they get to Arizona. I will enjoy this.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 02:59 PM
My favorite tweet so far....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It&#39;s obviously to anyone the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> are looking for a scapegoat to save face before the Super Bowl. Brady is a coward.</p>&mdash; jesseventura (@navysealjesse) <a href="https://twitter.com/navysealjesse/status/559827518392254464">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

cookie G
01-26-2015, 03:02 PM
And the NFL steals yet another Hollywood scene:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DBPly1aT8y0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brady: Never rat out your friends and always keep your mouth shut.

YardRat
01-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Cheating. ****ing. Bastards. It's that simple.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Cheating. ****ing. Bastards. It's that simple.

Yes. And they are going to play in the Super Bowl. As much as I dislike the Cheatriots and everything they stand for, I truly hope they win and get booed off the field.

Mike13
01-26-2015, 03:09 PM
If Goodell had a spine he would press Belichick and Brady to find out who gave the code red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Brady gave the code red. His little girl hands can't grip a fully inflated ball.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Another good one...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Locker room attendant: &quot;Ma, the Patriots called and said they want to hold a little ceremony to toast my promotion.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/9E0XFnzHwx">pic.twitter.com/9E0XFnzHwx</a></p>&mdash; Bart Hubbuch (@BartHubbuch) <a href="https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/559810613602312192">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Albany,n.y.
01-26-2015, 03:46 PM
My favorite part is how Brady claimed that he couldn't tell the difference between 12.5 psi and 10.5 psi, yet in the same breath said he prefers 12.5 psi over 13.5 psi. If you can tell the difference between one, can't you tell the difference between the other?

It was cold and raining. By tomorrow Brady will be telling us his hands were numb.

Skooby
01-26-2015, 03:48 PM

- - - Updated - - -

And he will get a job mowing Krafts yard for 60k a year.

With a lifetime guaranteed contract.

Strongman
01-26-2015, 04:33 PM
I was seriously hoping they'd come up with an alibi a little different than the rogue ball boy who acted alone.

Strongman
01-26-2015, 04:44 PM
This story is BS too because they are doing this at away games.

There's more to it!

Generalissimus Gibby
01-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Honestly, the six oclock Mass is looking very appealing right about now, and I think I'll take in a film after it. Yeah, I am not watching the Superbowl.

Scumbag College
01-26-2015, 04:49 PM
I was seriously hoping they'd come up with an alibi a little different than the rogue ball boy who acted alone.

That's all they'll need to cover up any tracks that might lead o Bellichek and Brady. I would bet money that the case will be closed with the ball boy as the mastermind.

Novacane
01-26-2015, 04:57 PM
What a joke.

Strongman
01-26-2015, 04:58 PM
That's all they'll need to cover up any tracks that might lead o Bellichek and Brady. I would bet money that the case will be closed with the ball boy as the mastermind.

It doesn't explain how they are doing this at away games.

Discotrish
01-26-2015, 06:07 PM

For ANY NFL QB, but particularly given that it's superanalBelicheeks and IknowmyfootballsBrady, there is no way the "equipment guy" does this on his own.

Patti

YardRat
01-26-2015, 06:33 PM
So that really was Dougie on SNL?

WagonCircler
01-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Anyone remember the 1970s TV series about stuntmen that Lee Majors was in?

Oh yeah.

Now I remember.

The Fall Guy.

Discotrish
01-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Sean Payton was punished even though he didn't personally set up "Bountygate.""

Patti

CommissarSpartacus
01-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Gee, the NFL is going to qui2 the guy that took the balls from the filling station to the lock-up?

Wow!

Did the have to hire a Harvard grad to figure out they might wanna ask the guy some questions?

Duh x 100...

So, now that Gla2ers figured out who they should talk to are we all to assume this guy did it?

Why OF COURSE!

God, you guys are dumb...

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Gee, the NFL is going to qui2 the guy that took the balls from the filling station to the lock-up?

Wow!

Did the have to hire a Harvard grad to figure out they might wanna ask the guy some questions?

Duh x 100...

So, now that Gla2ers figured out who they should talk to are we all to assume this guy did it?

Why OF COURSE!

See I knew I could count on Fartacus to stop in and do some crap spewing. Do us all a favor and fix your jizz encrusted z key.

Strongman
01-26-2015, 07:23 PM
I hope the US AG warns Goodell not to destroy any evidence regarding this matter.

harmonkoz
01-26-2015, 07:32 PM
I don't think you can count on that tool for anything.

Bill Cody
01-26-2015, 07:56 PM

Wow!

Duh x 100...

Why OF COURSE!

If the league has evidence by all means release it. Leaking this is TMZ stuff. You'd think BB has spoken to all the equipment guys and felt comfortable claiming innocence. Wake me when the boy spills or they have video of him putting needles in balls.

feldspar
01-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Anyone remember the 1970s TV series about stuntmen that Lee Majors was in?

Oh yeah.

Now I remember.

The Fall Guy.

Who was that guy that followed King Arthur around banging two coconuts together?

Oh, yeah.

Patsy.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/montypython/images/9/9a/Gilliam_as_Patsy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070903144947

feldspar
01-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Do us all a favor and fix your jizz encrusted z key.

:rofl:

Meathead
01-26-2015, 09:58 PM
you know, nothing has been determined yet, theres no reason to jump to the conclusions being made here

all thats being reported is they are focusing on an equipment staff member who moved the balls. it could be entirely unrelated to the deflating

sure i hope to hell they catch the bastards bc they obviously cheated. and yeah its quite possible they are doing this intentionally as a scapegoat. but none of that is even close to being disclosed in these reports. it could literally be nothing

JohnnyGold
01-26-2015, 10:19 PM
you know, nothing has been determined yet, theres no reason to jump to the conclusions being made here

all thats being reported is they are focusing on an equipment staff member who moved the balls. it could be entirely unrelated to the deflating

sure i hope to hell they catch the bastards bc they obviously cheated. and yeah its quite possible they are doing this intentionally as a scapegoat. but none of that is even close to being disclosed in these reports. it could literally be nothing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/video-shows-employee-taking-24-balls-into-bathroom/

feldspar
01-26-2015, 10:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/video-shows-employee-taking-24-balls-into-bathroom/

"Could the employee have fished 12 balls out of a fairly large bag, deflated each of them by two pounds, put them back into the bag, and exited the bathroom in roughly 90 seconds?"

Well, Mark Brunell said before that he thought you could easily deflate all the Pats' balls by that much in 30 seconds. I agree.

Interesting.

Meathead
01-27-2015, 02:18 AM

ok NOW i agree it does appear theyve set this guy up as the intentional stooge

hopefully they can find a way to pin the real blame back where it belongs

Meathead
01-27-2015, 02:24 AM
dup post

swiper
01-27-2015, 04:44 AM
"Could the employee have fished 12 balls out of a fairly large bag, deflated each of them by two pounds, put them back into the bag, and exited the bathroom in roughly 90 seconds?"

Well, Mark Brunell said before that he thought you could easily deflate all the Pats' balls by that much in 30 seconds. I agree.

Interesting.

The real question is why did he take the balls into the bathroom in the first place?

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 05:31 AM
The real question is why did he take the balls into the bathroom in the first place?

If the guy needed to pee, is he gonna leave them in the hallway?

And taking 12 balls out of a bag, deflating them all a precise amount,then putting the balls back and 2ipping up the bag, all in 90 seconds?

Impossible.

Easy to test though if someone wants to try it.

Face it, the guy went to pee. Big deal.

coastal
01-27-2015, 05:34 AM
Yeah... This video was released by the Pats.

Not the guy.

the attendant still should be reprimanded because there's no way he went pee and washed his hands in 90 seconds.

gross.

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2015, 05:37 AM

And taking 12 balls out of a bag, deflating them all a precise amount,then putting the balls back and 2ipping up the bag, all in 90 seconds?

Impossible.

Impossible? You call this impossible but you can't understand why your hot air theory is ridiculous? You are the prototype Patriots fan, this is hysterical.

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 05:39 AM
Yeah... This video was released by the Pats.

Not the guy.

the attendant still should be reprimanded because there's no way he went pee and washed his hands in 90 seconds.

gross.

Maybe he has a tiny bladder? Better safe than sorry. Hate to piss your pants while you're handing the balls off to the refs...

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Impossible? You call this impossible but you can't understand why your hot air theory is ridiculous? You are the prototype Patriots fan, this is hysterical.

Here's a suggestion.

Get 12 footballs and a gym bag. Fill them to 12.5. Find a bathroom. Go in, deflate all the balls by 1 - 1.5 psi (the balls will lose another .5 psi going outside), put them back in the bag and exit. All in 90 seconds. Make a video. You'll be a youtube hero....

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2015, 05:59 AM
Here's a suggestion.

Get 12 footballs and a gym bag. Fill them to 12.5. Find a bathroom. Go in, deflate all the balls by 1 - 1.5 psi (the balls will lose another .5 psi going outside), put them back in the bag and exit. All in 90 seconds. Make a video. You'll be a youtube hero....

Haha, I don't have to prove anything. You and all the other pats fans are the ones grasping at straws.

coastal
01-27-2015, 06:01 AM
Maybe he has a tiny bladder? Better safe than sorry. Hate to piss your pants while you're handing the balls off to the refs...
Or maybe he was just having second thoughts and took a hard look in the mirror before he commenced with his role in this cheating conspiracy?

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 06:01 AM
Haha, I don't have to prove anything. You and all the other pats fans are the ones grasping at straws.

Chicken.

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 06:03 AM
Or maybe he was just having second thoughts and took a hard look in the mirror before he commenced with his role in this cheating conspiracy?

That would cut into his deflation time. We only have a 90 second window here. Just enough time to microwave a cup of coffee.

coastal
01-27-2015, 06:05 AM
That would cut into his deflation time. We only have a 90 second window here. Just enough time to microwave a cup of coffee.i agree the 90 seconds isn't enough to deflate the balls. The fact this video was released by the Pats is evidence enough that it didn't happen here.

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2015, 06:41 AM
Chicken.

Ouch.

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 06:44 AM
Read and learn, morons...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/super-bowl-xlix/deflate-gate-nfl-ball-boys-perspective-preparing-footballs-n290801

Deflate-Gate: An NFL Ball Boy's Perspective on Preparing Footballs
By Monica Alba

Among the many people who had contact with the Patriots pigskin used in Sunday's AFC championship — which were reportedly underinflated — were the ball boys. And one former ball boy (who did not take part in Sunday's match) told NBC News that his goal was always to prepare the ball to the quarterback's preference and hope they passed inspection, and that it would have been very difficult to tamper with them afterward.

Eric Kester, who was a ball boy for the Chicago Bears in 2003, says he can't speculate about the controversy dubbed "Deflate-Gate," but he remembers how the preparation worked — starting with the delivery of factory-fresh balls a few days before a game.

"We would then work with the quarterbacks to customize the balls to their liking. This involved scrubbing them with stiff horsehair brushes to rub off the leather's slippery silicone sheen, and occasionally inflating or deflating the balls a very small amount, which I believe is legal to a degree. Quarterbacks are very particular about the way a ball feels in their hand, and we worked meticulously to match their particular preferences," Kester said.

...more...

Buckets
01-27-2015, 06:48 AM

That was my question, they were handling and throwing both teams balls on and off the field and couldn't tell the difference?

Meathead
01-27-2015, 06:50 AM
i finally figured out how they did it

they filled the balls with canadian air, which has always been known to be 200% hot air, and is also only worth 2/3 of normal air. so by the time the game starts and normalizes to american air it ends up two pounds short. voilà

alnilla
01-27-2015, 07:20 AM
You guys are thinking that he was the only one in the bathroom maybe there was another person in there to help?? That would be doable then in 90 seconds

feldspar
01-27-2015, 07:48 AM
i agree the 90 seconds isn't enough to deflate the balls.

Mark Brunell said this six days ago:

"But you know those needles that you inflate and deflate balls with, you talk about a process to deflate 11 footballs? It could take you 30 seconds. The pressure could come out real quick. So it's not something that takes a long time to do. It's pretty easy."

I agree with that.

You dump all the balls on the floor at once, deflate them one-by-one with a gauge, and then put each one back in the bag while it's still in your hand after you deflate it.

Somebody could do that in 90 seconds without a doubt IMO. Definitely possible, especially with practice.

The fact this video was released by the Pats is evidence enough that it didn't happen here.

LOL, the Patriots were being INVESTIGATED. The security cameras are known. What were they going to say, that the dog ate the surveillance video?

There is no video from INSIDE the bathroom as far as I know, so all you see is a closed door for roughly 90 seconds.

coastal
01-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Mark Brunell said this six days ago:

"But you know those needles that you inflate and deflate balls with, you talk about a process to deflate 11 footballs? It could take you 30 seconds. The pressure could come out real quick. So it's not something that takes a long time to do. It's pretty easy."

I agree with that.

You dump all the balls on the floor at once, deflate them one-by-one with a gauge, and then put each one back in the bag while it's still in your hand after you deflate it.

Somebody could do that in 90 seconds without a doubt IMO. Definitely possible, especially with practice.

LOL, the Patriots were being INVESTIGATED. The security cameras are known. What were they going to say, that the dog ate the surveillance video?

There is no video from INSIDE the bathroom as far as I know, so all you see is a closed door for roughly 90 seconds.
This is Spartacus' point... people argue a position based on what they want the outcome to be. You're providing him that proof, so do those of us with a brain a favor and 2ip it!

swiper
01-27-2015, 08:15 AM
coastal's brain:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bdFyMErYXrw/S-RU74opzaI/AAAAAAAAADE/rpvCjTp0WWs/s1600/pea+brain.jpg

feldspar
01-27-2015, 08:15 AM
This is Spartacus' point... people argue a position based on what they want the outcome to be. You're providing him that proof, so do those of us with a brain a favor and 2ip it!

I said it was possible, and it is possible.

Possible.

Sparty has already drawn his conclusions, it seems to me. This ain't about him.

gebobs
01-27-2015, 08:28 AM

Impossible.

New Law of Urination: Mammals Take 20 Seconds to Pee (http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2013/10/23/new-law-of-urination-mammals-take-21-seconds-to-pee/)

coastal
01-27-2015, 09:00 AM
I said it was possible, and it is possible.

Possible.

Sparty has already drawn his conclusions, it seems to me. This ain't about him.ain't about him?

U obviously don't know him.

yordad
01-27-2015, 09:19 AM
If they deflated due to natural causes.... why was one still at the correct air pressure? Makes sense if a guy is deflating them within the bag in a bathroom within 90 secs that he could have easily missed one.

Mace
01-27-2015, 10:26 AM
If they deflated due to natural causes.... why was one still at the correct air pressure? Makes sense if a guy is deflating them within the bag in a bathroom within 90 secs that he could have easily missed one.

Hah ! This is where the plan failed. He dropped one or one was stuck in the bag !

So why didn't he stay in the bathroom then for 100 seconds ? Because the NFL spy tailing him for the sting was food poisoned by the Patriot operative tailing the NFL spy and was pounding on the door needing the toilet.

coastal
01-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Hah ! This is where the plan failed. He dropped one or one was stuck in the bag !

So why didn't he stay in the bathroom then for 100 seconds ? Because the NFL spy tailing him for the sting was food poisoned by the Patriot operative tailing the NFL spy and was pounding on the door needing the toilet.
There needs to be some gratuitous sex in your story.

jamze132
01-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Right, but the ref has one ball. Not two to make a comparison with. I also don't think they expected it or looked for it. The inspection was already done.

I can't buy that. Refs handle a football dozens of times each week. They would know if a ball didn't feel "right".

Mace
01-27-2015, 11:31 AM
There needs to be some gratuitous sex in your story.

Oh there's plenty, but I'm still refining my theory using available means.

http://cs614620.vk.me/v614620703/10cf9/VmhTp3T2qKg.jpg

Bill Cody
01-27-2015, 11:32 AM
This just in: the ball boy for the Pats has been fired for suspicion of not washing his hands after urinating.

feldspar
01-27-2015, 11:46 AM
I heard the locker-room attendant actually had to take a crap.

We'll call this one Defe-gate.

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 11:49 AM

Titter titter tee hee....

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2015, 11:51 AM
ain't about him?

U obviously don't know him.

That's what pissed people off about Jesus too.

He thought it was all about him...

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2015, 11:55 AM

More ellipses for some reason.

Mace
01-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Maybe it's just me but it would be fun to see the video of the NFL trying to recreate it. The time trials would be zany madcap shenanigans and even funnier if some daffy prankster oiled the balls to show the NFL has a sense of humor.

Discotrish
01-28-2015, 04:56 AM
They need to check the tape from prior weeks.

Does Lee Harvey Locker Room Attendant regularly take the game balls for a leak?

Patti

gebobs
01-28-2015, 06:39 AM
They need to check the tape from prior weeks.

Does Lee Harvey Locker Room Attendant regularly take the game balls for a leak?

Hah...doubtful that those still exist. Probably a loop.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's just me but it would be fun to see the video of the NFL trying to recreate it.

No, Mythbusters!

Albany,n.y.
01-28-2015, 08:06 AM
Here's a suggestion.

Yesterday on Inside The NFL Boomer Esiason took a football from 14 to 10.5 PSI. I timed it & it was about 8 seconds. If someone trained for this he could get the job done in 90 seconds, especially since he would only have to start at 12.5 PSI. Even allowing for the 1.5 difference, at 8 seconds & 11 balls that's 88 seconds. It's entirely possible

Joe Fo Sho
01-28-2015, 08:27 AM
Yesterday on Inside The NFL Boomer Esiason took a football from 14 to 10.5 PSI. I timed it & it was about 8 seconds. If someone trained for this he could get the job done in 90 seconds, especially since he would only have to start at 12.5 PSI. Even allowing for the 1.5 difference, at 8 seconds & 11 balls that's 88 seconds. It's entirely possible

Plus, since everyone is talking about the cold weather further deflating the footballs, this guy wouldn't even have to get them down to 10.5 psi. He probably only has to take out 1 psi or so. He probably stuck a needle in the football, counted to 2 mississippi, and was done with it. It's really not that hard.

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Wilson needs to develop a tamper-proof or tamper-evident air seal for the balls.

Joe Fo Sho
01-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Wilson needs to develop a tamper-proof or tamper-evident air seal for the balls.

I'm not sure about that, because they are allowed to add/remove air as long as it's within spec.

One thing they might be able to do is make special footballs for the NFL that have some sort of indicator. If the pressure is within 12.5 and 13.5 psi the indicator is green, if not it's red. I'm not sure of the logistics of making something like this happen, but it might be realistic.

I doubt anything is going to change with the footballs though, they'll treat this as a 1 time thing. What may change is the procedure in which this is enforced, or at least they'll make sure the current procedure is being enforced properly.

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure about that, because they are allowed to add/remove air as long as it's within spec.

One thing they might be able to do is make special footballs for the NFL that have some sort of indicator. If the pressure is within 12.5 and 13.5 psi the indicator is green, if not it's red. I'm not sure of the logistics of making something like this happen, but it might be realistic.

I doubt anything is going to change with the footballs though, they'll treat this as a 1 time thing. What may change is the procedure in which this is enforced, or at least they'll make sure the current procedure is being enforced properly.

I am very certain about it, I work in an FDA regulated industry. When we receive a shipment it has tamper-evident seals, ensuring to us the package has not been tampered with since it left the manufacturing facility and it has a proper chain of custody.

What I am talking about for the balls is no different. The ref's inspect the ball, adding or removing pressure, then they add a tamper-evident seal. Probably an insert of some sort.

Joe Fo Sho
01-28-2015, 09:06 AM
I am very certain about it, I work in an FDA regulated industry. When we receive a shipment it has tamper-evident seals, ensuring to us the package has not been tampered with since it left the manufacturing facility and it has a proper chain of custody.

What I am talking about for the balls is no different. The ref's inspect the ball, adding or removing pressure, then they add a tamper-evident seal. Probably an insert of some sort.

Yeah that might work. I just don't see the NFL implementing it.

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Yeah that might work. I just don't see the NFL implementing it.

You are probably right, but it would give them a way to show they are taking corrective action. I am not sure that just changing the ball process before the game will entirely eliminate the risk.

The tamper evident seal would be cheap, and could be made of materials that already exist. It could be a round wafer seal with an insert in the middle of it. When removed, it would leave print on the ball.

casdhf
01-28-2015, 09:14 AM
It's hard to believe that this is even an issue. What a bunch of scum bags regardless. People suck.

Bill Cody
01-28-2015, 09:26 AM
You are probably right, but it would give them a way to show they are taking corrective action. I am not sure that just changing the ball process before the game will entirely eliminate the risk.

The tamper evident seal would be cheap, and could be made of materials that already exist. It could be a round wafer seal with an insert in the middle of it. When removed, it would leave print on the ball.

my understanding is the refs are supposed to hold on to the balls after inspection until just before game time. They could try actually doing that.

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 09:36 AM
my understanding is the refs are supposed to hold on to the balls after inspection until just before game time. They could try actually doing that.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflategate-video-how-nfl-officials-check-game-ball-pressure/The balls would be in the officials’ possession until just minutes before the start of the game, at which point they would hand to ball boys on each side of the field. For balls to be tampered with, it would most likely have to take place on the field during the game.

Unfortunately that would not address a ballboy deflating the ball. A tamper evident seal would. The seal would be removed when the ball entered the game, thereby ensuring the ball had not been tampered with from the time of the inspection to the point it entered the game, approximately a three plus hour time range.

Bill Cody
01-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately that would not address a ballboy deflating the ball. A tamper evident seal would. The seal would be removed when the ball entered the game, thereby ensuring the ball had not been tampered with from the time of the inspection to the point it entered the game, approximately a three plus hour time range.

I don't believe any ball boy would risk tampering with many balls in front of a stadium full of fans, cameras and players. The bathroom thing is possible but it wasn't on the field. Use your common sense. Especially since there are people with the idea this was an ongoing practice by NE. No, that didn't happen on a regular basis on the field without someone seeing something sometime, ridiculous. I think the league can afford their own ball boys don't you? That would end that. Tamper proof seals? Ya, ok whatever.

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 10:02 AM
I don't believe any ball boy would risk tampering with many balls in front of a stadium full of fans, cameras and players. The bathroom thing is possible but it wasn't on the field. Use your common sense. Especially since there are people with the idea this was an ongoing practice by NE. No, that didn't happen on a regular basis on the field without someone seeing something sometime, ridiculous. I think the league can afford their own ball boys don't you? That would end that. Tamper proof seals? Ya, ok whatever.

Not sure where the animosity is coming from. FU too buddy. I was using my common sense, and just offering up a concept for discussion. A concept which is used in various other trades to ensure something is as it is supposed to be.

In the span of a 3 hour game, I can see lots of oppotunities to deflate a ball. Would a ball boy risk it? I can't answer that. If you think and NFL team would risk it--I don't think it's that big of a leap.

swiper
01-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Establishing a chain of custody for NFL football just sounds silly.

CommissarSpartacus
01-28-2015, 11:24 AM

The haters have jumped the shark.

You guys are off your ****ing rockers.

"Common sense"? Too funny.

I'd feel sorry for you guys if your psychoses were harmless, but you're ruining the Superbowl just to feed your manias and you're giving a bad name to other people that suffer from reality challenges without turning into gigantic ass holes...

Discotrish
01-28-2015, 12:12 PM

The haters have jumped the shark.

You guys are off your ****ing rockers.

"Common sense"? Too funny.

I'd feel sorry for you guys if your psychoses were harmless, but you're ruining the Superbowl just to feed your manias and you're giving a bad name to other people that suffer from reality challenges without turning into gigantic ass holes...

So says Tom Brady's hemorrhoid.

https://walkoffpunt.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/53767c66334e4ad0a14f7517509dd0c4-nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Patti

CommissarSpartacus
01-28-2015, 12:23 PM
So says Tom Brady's hemorrhoid.

https://walkoffpunt.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/53767c66334e4ad0a14f7517509dd0c4-nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Patti

The reality is that the more one tries to impress their fellow haters, the dumber and douchier they appear.

Now, that's not a problem for the dumb and douchey, but do you REALLY want to self-identify with people like that?

Im know I don't...

Strongman
01-29-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm sort of wondering if the reason this investigation is going to take weeks is because they are trying to see how far back it goes.

coastal
01-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Strip them of all of their wins.

Strongman
01-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Jerry Rice's take on Deflategate:

"I've played in cold conditions. When the ball is fully inflated it feels like a brick. 12.5-13.5, that's where the air pressure should be. For some reason with the Pats it was two pounds less. You can grip the ball better.
"Tom Brady said in 2011 that he preferred under-inflated footballs. Going back to Spygate in 2007 they were under scrutiny and now it's happening again. I think right now they're trying to sweep everything under the rug.

"Now they're saying it's the locker room attendant or the trainer. As the trainer or locker room attendant, you're not gonna do anything that a player doesn't ask you to do. As players we're very picky and we like things a certain way. They're there to make things run smoothly — that's what they do and they take pride in it. So someone had to say 'hey, come do this' and it had to be someone with seniority. But the investigation is ongoing. I don't know how it's gonna work out, but I guess we'll find out what'll happen after the Super Bowl."
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2015/01/jerry_rice_on_new_england_patriots_alleged_cheating_its_getting_swept_under_the_rug.html

Night Train
01-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Jerry Rice's take on Deflategate:

"I've played in cold conditions. When the ball is fully inflated it feels like a brick. 12.5-13.5, that's where the air pressure should be. For some reason with the Pats it was two pounds less. You can grip the ball better.
"Tom Brady said in 2011 that he preferred under-inflated footballs. Going back to Spygate in 2007 they were under scrutiny and now it's happening again. I think right now they're trying to sweep everything under the rug.

"Now they're saying it's the locker room attendant or the trainer. As the trainer or locker room attendant, you're not gonna do anything that a player doesn't ask you to do. As players we're very picky and we like things a certain way. They're there to make things run smoothly — that's what they do and they take pride in it. So someone had to say 'hey, come do this' and it had to be someone with seniority. But the investigation is ongoing. I don't know how it's gonna work out, but I guess we'll find out what'll happen after the Super Bowl."
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2015/01/jerry_rice_on_new_england_patriots_alleged_cheating_its_getting_swept_under_the_rug.html

The locker room attendant is afraid to say anything about Brady, since consensual sex was the payoff.

Well... that's my guess..:up:

CommissarSpartacus
01-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Strip them of all of their wins.

And give them all to the Bills!

ticatfan
01-30-2015, 03:17 PM
It is time for the refs to hold onto the balls right up until game time. That should be the 1st time QB touches the ball. And someone here or somewhere had said how the NFL could not find the video of rice hitting his wife, but yet in days come up with the video of the ball guy.lol