PDA

View Full Version : Sabres suspend Zadarov

swiper
01-27-2015, 04:37 AM
What's up with this?

The Buffalo Sabres have suspended defenseman Nikita Zadorov for failing to return to the team following the All-Star break. The length of the suspension has yet to be announced but general manager Tim Murray said, "We anticipate Nikita joining the team at some point during this week’s western road trip." The Sabres play Calgary on Tuesday, Edmonton on Thursday and Vancouver on Friday.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-suspend-Zadorov/20791986

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2015, 05:09 AM
Basically his flight was oversold and he was bumped from the flight, making him late to report.

Crosby was suspended too. Not sure why though

Meathead
01-27-2015, 06:35 AM
that means we can now add sidney to our team via waivers right?

OpIv37
01-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Basically his flight was oversold and he was bumped from the flight, making him late to report.

That doesn't make sense. A bumped flight isn't his fault. They are either lying about the reason, or he had been late before and they finally got tired of it. I can't see the team suspending someone for something out of their control if it's a first offense.

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2015, 01:16 PM
They lifted the suspension.

I agree it's not his fault, but I think they are going the tough love route. Zad has been pretty immature, from my understanding. Which is fine, he's 19 in the NHL. It'll take some time. He also knew when he was due back, so him pushing the latest possible time, then getting bumped. I think they want his head on the team.

Skooby
01-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Tank is on.

mightysimi
01-30-2015, 07:52 AM

Crosby was suspended because he skipped the all-star game and that is the "punishment". I think the team suspends Zadarov so that they can replace the player until he able to play. I remember the Ducks suspending niedermayer while he was deciding to play or not a few years back.