PDA

View Full Version : Please step in Mr. Whaley

swiper
01-27-2015, 05:17 AM
and divert this transaction into Buffalo.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/27/report-rams-interested-in-trading-for-nick-foles/

GreedoII
01-27-2015, 05:28 AM
Opens the door for Bradford which people on here seem to want...but I'll take Foles too...

Forward_Lateral
01-27-2015, 07:10 AM
Chip Kelly seems to really want Mariotta.

Historian
01-27-2015, 07:36 AM
I like Bradford.

He's Fitzpatrick with talent.

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2015, 07:45 AM
I like Bradford.

He's Fitzpatrick with talent.

He's made of glass though. He's started 16 games in only 2 of his 5 NFL seasons. In 2011 he started 10 games and threw 6 TDs. He's started 7 games in the last 2 years.

I'd be OK if we stayed away from both of these guys. I wouldn't mind Foles, but he was a turnover machine last year when he was healthy.

Lucidvizion
01-27-2015, 07:51 AM
Either one is an upgrade so I'm all for it.

djjimkelly
01-27-2015, 08:25 AM
bradford would be a very nice addition. then hope he stays healthy

Ed
01-27-2015, 09:06 AM
I really don't understand the interest in Bradford. The guy has played in 49 games and has a career 58.6 comp. %, 6.29 YPA, 79.3 passer rating. Those stats are the same or worse than EJ at this point and he's had way more time and opportunities to develop. And his injury issues are alarming. What is it exactly that people like so much about Bradford?

swiper
01-27-2015, 09:52 AM
I like Foles!

djjimkelly
01-27-2015, 09:54 AM
I like Foles!

in order i like bradford, foles, EJ, sanchez lol

EricStratton
01-27-2015, 09:55 AM
A agree on the Bradford questions. He's been an OK QB when healthy but he's blown the same knee multiple times, why would any team take that chance before he proves he can last a season.

swiper
01-27-2015, 10:06 AM
A agree on the Bradford questions. He's been an OK QB when healthy but he's blown the same knee multiple times, why would any team take that chance before he proves he can last a season.

Plus, didn't he sign before the rookie salary cap? Not only is he very risky, he's very expensive. He made $9,000,000 in 2014. Orton came with more experience and was only around $5,500,000 (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kyle-orton/) - which was far too much for what the Bills got.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-27-2015, 11:20 AM
I really don't understand the interest in Bradford. The guy has played in 49 games and has a career 58.6 comp. %, 6.29 YPA, 79.3 passer rating. Those stats are the same or worse than EJ at this point and he's had way more time and opportunities to develop. And his injury issues are alarming. What is it exactly that people like so much about Bradford?

Because he was the #1 pick. Draft status follows a guy for years.

Dr. Who
01-27-2015, 12:07 PM
If Bradford is cut loose and you can get him for a reasonable contract based on performance, it would make sense.
I think Foles is a product of Kelly's system. I'd rather bring Glennon in if the Bucs keep the pick and choose Mariotta or Winston.
Bradford, EJ, and Glennon would be a decent stable of qbs (yes, I know I am in the minority in still holding out hope for Manuel.)

harmonkoz
01-27-2015, 12:23 PM
If Bradford is cut loose and you can get him for a reasonable contract based on performance, it would make sense.
I think Foles is a product of Kelly's system. I'd rather bring Glennon in if the Bucs keep the pick and choose Mariotta or Winston.
Bradford, EJ, and Glennon would be a decent stable of qbs (yes, I know I am in the minority in still holding out hope for Manuel.)

I am in that minority too. He has shown flashes, Parcells was big on giving a guy that third year if he had shown he was capable. I think EJ has. That article I linked to in the 2015 QB thread really surprised me on his measurables.

I don't like Bradford, for the same reasons St. Louis is getting rid of him. I love the idea of trying to trade for Glennon.

trapezeus
01-27-2015, 03:07 PM
glennon is intruiging only if its a cheap price.

bradford isn't going to get the luck of a great line. and he hasn't faired well with bad one or getting hit. i think trading for him will end up being a waste.

Mr. Miyagi
01-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Hell no to Nick Foles.

Mr. Pink
01-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Foles won't go anywhere.

The Eagles won't be moving up to number 1 overall to get Mariota.

Mr. Pink
01-27-2015, 03:34 PM

Bradford is made of glass and can't be counted on to play more than 2 games...ie, he's Kevin Kolb all over again

EJ is well, terrible.

Glennon is a statue that would get clobbered behind this o-line.

Yeah, no thanks to any of that.

swiper
01-27-2015, 04:21 PM

Wrong again Dr. Poo. Foles hit the ground running in 2012, before Kelly came to the Eagles. Like Pink said, Glennon is a statue. Foles > Glennon.

2012:

Foles #15 in NFL in completion percentage.
Bradford #20

2013:

Foles #8 in completion percentage.
Bradford # 18
Glennon #26

2014:

Foles is #26 in completion percentage.
Glennon #36 (Manuel was above him - embarassing)

It's easy to see who doesn't know crap about football. They say things like:

"I want Glennon"

"I still think Manuel has a chance to be a good QB"

"I think Foles is a product of Kelly's offense"

swiper
01-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Pure crap QB statements made at the Zone:

Glennon stunk because of Lovey Smith

EJ Manuel stunk because of Doug Marrone.

Foles looked good because of Chip Kelly's system.

harmonkoz
01-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Pure crap QB statements made at the Zone:

Glennon stunk because of Lovey Smith

EJ Manuel stunk because of Doug Marrone.

Foles looked good because of Chip Kelly's system.

I think all of those comments are pretty spot on accurate, hardly crap statements. Opinions yes. Opinions I agree with yes.

OpIv37
01-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Opens the door for Bradford which people on here seem to want...but I'll take Foles too...

Neither will happen.

What could we possibly trade for Foles? We aren't strong enough at any position to give up a player without setting ourselves back. We have no first round draft pick. Even if the Eagles were willing to settle for less, we are short on picks and need to fix the OL and do something about RB if the QB is going to have any shot. The opportunity cost is too high.

Bradford- well, maybe if the Rams let him walk, but his cap hit is high and hurts our ability to keep guys like Hughes or Dareus next year, as well as fix the OL.

The Bills used a first on EJ and doubled down when they traded up for Watkins.

And let's face it: While Foles and Bradford are both better than EJ, neither are perfect. I'd be ok with giving up what it would cost to get either one of these guys if I was convinced they were the answer, but I'm not. I feel like it's sacrificing other areas of the team to get a QB who's still not a winner.

HHURRICANE
01-27-2015, 06:54 PM
We have nothing to trade him for....

Historian
01-28-2015, 09:01 AM
I really don't understand the interest in Bradford.

I would even add that most of his pro career has been played indoors, and as we all know, the winds at the Ralph can be brutal.

I like his pocket presence, his leadership, and I like his accuracy. (even if it's indoors)

Dr. Who
01-28-2015, 12:50 PM
I think all of those comments are pretty spot on accurate, hardly crap statements. Opinions yes. Opinions I agree with yes.

Swiper cannot disagree without impugning the intelligence of those who hold contrary opinions.
If one strongly asserts a contrary view and calls his reasoning (such as it is) into question, he resorts to juvenile (and usually scatalogical) name calling.
He's quite a charmer, that one.

swiper
01-28-2015, 01:35 PM
LOL. Intelligence is not the doctor's strong point.

Dr. Who
01-28-2015, 01:54 PM
This message is hidden because Swiper is on your ignore list.

stuckincincy
01-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Swiper cannot disagree without impugning the intelligence of those who hold contrary opinions.
If one strongly asserts a contrary view and calls his reasoning (such as it is) into question, he resorts to juvenile (and usually scatalogical) name calling.
He's quite a charmer, that one.

Swiper can say whatever he cares to if he doesn't violate the TOS. You have typed and posted a personal attack...moreover, in imperious fashion, assumed and tried to sell that you know Swiper's motives.

Get a mirror and take a long look into it... :brush:

Dr. Who
01-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Swiper can say whatever he cares to if he doesn't violate the TOS. You have typed and posted a personal attack...moreover, in imperious fashion, assumed that you know Swiper's motives.

Go back and look at the names he routinely calls me. I think that is a personal attack.
What I said is simply descriptive of what he does, apart from the sarcastic conclusion.

swiper
01-28-2015, 02:31 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zohxQdsX1qgkzcm.gif

stuckincincy
01-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Go back and look at the names he routinely calls me. I think that is a personal attack.
What I said is simply descriptive of what he does, apart from the sarcastic conclusion.

I agree that he is a snippy number. This medium is chock full of provocateurs. Better to post an appropriate emoticon that elaborate.

YardRat
01-28-2015, 06:19 PM
There is a lot more to being a QB than completion percentage, it's pretty obvious that Foles benefited from his first season in Kelly's offense and when the rest of the league got a book on him he regressed to his rookie season.

If Foles was good enough, there wouldn't be any talk of Kelly dumping him for picks and pipe-dreaming a move up to get Mariota.

I'll pass.