• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Pats Possibly Tampered with Blount when with Pittsburgh: per Yahoo

Just for those not wanting to look through the article:

When asked by media about the incredibly fishy circumstances that brought him to NE 2/3 into the season (right when the Pats* needed a workhorse RB) L. Blount was asked about basically quitting on the Steelers mid-game and walking off the field in the middle of the game. Blount said that he wasn't worried about what would happen next after his almost certain immediate release. The reporter eluded to Blount being fairly coy when asked about this.

What would be almost certain career suicide- quitting in the middle of a game-for most guys, Blount found himself employed the next day right in the thick of the regular season.

Draw whatever conclusions you want from this.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Pats Possibly Tampered with Blount when with Pittsburgh: per Yahoo

It looked that way at the time.

I couldn't believe the Pats were able to sign him immediately but then again, Kraft probably rolled over in bed to advise Goodell.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Rooney should request an inquiry.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

It's becoming clear that Goodell is too close to Kraft. IF the other owners feel the need to do anything about it, then they need to replace Goodell, who is proving to be a nightmare of a commissioner.

Comment

• harmonkoz
          Spartacus is a troll
          • Oct 2002

Probably exactly what happened. This is the Patriots we are talking about. Steelers are too classy of an organization to whine about this without rock solid proof.
          The Dolphins Blow, the Jets Swallow, and the Patriots take it in the arse.

Comment

• harmonkoz
            Spartacus is a troll
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            It's becoming clear that Goodell is too close to Kraft. IF the other owners feel the need to do anything about it, then they need to replace Goodell, who is proving to be a nightmare of a commissioner.
            Never thought I would say this, but I miss Tags.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by harmonkoz View Post
              Never thought I would say this, but I miss Tags.
              Rozelle seems to have been the best. Although he was roundly criticized much of the time. They have gotten progressively worse. The integrity has given way to the greed over time. I do remember Rozelle getting criticized a lot. Tagliabue more so. And this guy is a nightmare.

The NFL feigns a desire to maintain integrity when its merely all about the money.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

you cant possibly be accusing the boston team of cheating. i mean lets be reasonable
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• harmonkoz
                  Spartacus is a troll
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  Rozelle seems to have been the best. Although he was roundly criticized much of the time. They have gotten progressively worse. The integrity has given way to the greed over time. I do remember Rozelle getting criticized a lot. Tagliabue more so. And this guy is a nightmare.

The NFL feigns a desire to maintain integrity when its merely all about the money.
                  I would love to see a commissioner forced upon them ala Judge Landis and MLB... Pipe dream I know. I am not old enough to have a firsthand opinion of Roselle.... he was there at the beginning for me, just did not pay attention that closely.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Although they try and divert attention away from it, they are all puppets of the owners.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

He clearly isn't smart enough to lie, but I doubt this will go anywhere. There is no evidence other than this fool's grin.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• GingerP
                        • Aug 2012

This one is hard to believe.

Blount had to pass through waivers before NE had a shot at him, and it cost him money since the Steelers were paying him more than he signed for (he went from a $900K salary to the $730K minimum, and next year he went from a $2M base to a $900K base). So he took a pay cut, and risked getting picked up by the Titans, to go to NE? Hardly seems plausible.

It seems like all this is based on Blount "giggling" and not giving an answer when asked about it. That hardly seems like evidence of tampering. It seems more likely that Blount is a functional idiot who giggles when asked dumb questions.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

His success in NE could lead him to bigger contracts, it might be a one step back / two forward in the future.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

it's just hard to know how much the owners care. ever since the big market of boston was openned to "football fans", values have skyrocketted and contracts have exploded.

Unless sponsors pull out because they sense fans associating them win a corrupt league, i think the owners are willing to give up championships. they really don't care. they get paid more each year holding this status quo.

i'm not saying boycott. we all love football, but i will say, my general interest has tanked on football.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

The Steelers could just as easily fined & suspended him & he wouldn't have been eligible to sign with NE.
                              If the Steelers got duped then good-they stole Gary Anderson from us in the 1980s and allegedly tampered telling him to tank his kicks in Bills camp.
                              Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 01-28-2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X