PDA

View Full Version : Pats Possibly Tampered with Blount when with Pittsburgh: per Yahoo

Scumbag College
01-27-2015, 11:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-other-patriots-conspiracy-theory--legarrett-blount-s-scheme-to-reunite-with-bill-belichick-233502306-nfl.html

Just for those not wanting to look through the article:

When asked by media about the incredibly fishy circumstances that brought him to NE 2/3 into the season (right when the Pats* needed a workhorse RB) L. Blount was asked about basically quitting on the Steelers mid-game and walking off the field in the middle of the game. Blount said that he wasn't worried about what would happen next after his almost certain immediate release. The reporter eluded to Blount being fairly coy when asked about this.

What would be almost certain career suicide- quitting in the middle of a game-for most guys, Blount found himself employed the next day right in the thick of the regular season.

Draw whatever conclusions you want from this.

Night Train
01-28-2015, 03:03 AM
It looked that way at the time.

I couldn't believe the Pats were able to sign him immediately but then again, Kraft probably rolled over in bed to advise Goodell.

YardRat
01-28-2015, 04:32 AM
Rooney should request an inquiry.

swiper
01-28-2015, 04:41 AM
It's becoming clear that Goodell is too close to Kraft. IF the other owners feel the need to do anything about it, then they need to replace Goodell, who is proving to be a nightmare of a commissioner.

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 04:44 AM
Probably exactly what happened. This is the Patriots we are talking about. Steelers are too classy of an organization to whine about this without rock solid proof.

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 04:46 AM
It's becoming clear that Goodell is too close to Kraft. IF the other owners feel the need to do anything about it, then they need to replace Goodell, who is proving to be a nightmare of a commissioner.

Never thought I would say this, but I miss Tags.

swiper
01-28-2015, 04:51 AM
Never thought I would say this, but I miss Tags.

Rozelle seems to have been the best. Although he was roundly criticized much of the time. They have gotten progressively worse. The integrity has given way to the greed over time. I do remember Rozelle getting criticized a lot. Tagliabue more so. And this guy is a nightmare.

The NFL feigns a desire to maintain integrity when its merely all about the money.

Meathead
01-28-2015, 04:53 AM
you cant possibly be accusing the boston team of cheating. i mean lets be reasonable

harmonkoz
01-28-2015, 04:56 AM
Rozelle seems to have been the best. Although he was roundly criticized much of the time. They have gotten progressively worse. The integrity has given way to the greed over time. I do remember Rozelle getting criticized a lot. Tagliabue more so. And this guy is a nightmare.

The NFL feigns a desire to maintain integrity when its merely all about the money.

I would love to see a commissioner forced upon them ala Judge Landis and MLB... Pipe dream I know. I am not old enough to have a firsthand opinion of Roselle.... he was there at the beginning for me, just did not pay attention that closely.

swiper
01-28-2015, 05:09 AM
Although they try and divert attention away from it, they are all puppets of the owners.

casdhf
01-28-2015, 07:41 AM
He clearly isn't smart enough to lie, but I doubt this will go anywhere. There is no evidence other than this fool's grin.

GingerP
01-28-2015, 07:42 AM
This one is hard to believe.

Blount had to pass through waivers before NE had a shot at him, and it cost him money since the Steelers were paying him more than he signed for (he went from a $900K salary to the $730K minimum, and next year he went from a $2M base to a $900K base). So he took a pay cut, and risked getting picked up by the Titans, to go to NE? Hardly seems plausible.

It seems like all this is based on Blount "giggling" and not giving an answer when asked about it. That hardly seems like evidence of tampering. It seems more likely that Blount is a functional idiot who giggles when asked dumb questions.

Skooby
01-28-2015, 07:52 AM
His success in NE could lead him to bigger contracts, it might be a one step back / two forward in the future.

trapezeus
01-28-2015, 07:55 AM
it's just hard to know how much the owners care. ever since the big market of boston was openned to "football fans", values have skyrocketted and contracts have exploded.

Unless sponsors pull out because they sense fans associating them win a corrupt league, i think the owners are willing to give up championships. they really don't care. they get paid more each year holding this status quo.

i'm not saying boycott. we all love football, but i will say, my general interest has tanked on football.

Albany,n.y.
01-28-2015, 07:55 AM
The Steelers could just as easily fined & suspended him & he wouldn't have been eligible to sign with NE.
If the Steelers got duped then good-they stole Gary Anderson from us in the 1980s and allegedly tampered telling him to tank his kicks in Bills camp.

black N yellow
01-28-2015, 08:02 AM
I wish Pittsburgh would have just deactivated his whiny ass.

justasportsfan
01-28-2015, 08:06 AM
OMG people. Stop it. You guys are reaching. It's not like BB would ever try to bend the rules so he'd have an advantage. He just doesn't do that. Haters!!!

- Sparty

Pinkerton Security
01-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Its very possible that they let him know that if he were to get cut, they'd pick him up, but its gonna be difficult (barring a recorded phone convo or some electronic communication) to prove that this ever happened. Just being realistic

justasportsfan
01-28-2015, 08:17 AM
You bills fans are just pathetic

- Dr. Lecter

casdhf
01-28-2015, 09:16 AM
This one is hard to believe.

Blount had to pass through waivers before NE had a shot at him, and it cost him money since the Steelers were paying him more than he signed for (he went from a $900K salary to the $730K minimum, and next year he went from a $2M base to a $900K base). So he took a pay cut, and risked getting picked up by the Titans, to go to NE? Hardly seems plausible.

It seems like all this is based on Blount "giggling" and not giving an answer when asked about it. That hardly seems like evidence of tampering. It seems more likely that Blount is a functional idiot who giggles when asked dumb questions.

I agree that it is thin and probably nothing at all. But no one would claim this guy off waivers after he just quit on his team.

GvilleBills
01-28-2015, 09:25 AM
I agree that it is thin and probably nothing at all. But no one would claim this guy off waivers after he just quit on his team.

^^^ yep

Meathead
01-28-2015, 11:47 AM
wrong thread ...

DynaPaul
01-28-2015, 12:59 PM
What else is new? Players sucks on one team and magically becomes awesome in New England. Belichick must have a +10 aura. Yeah, that's it...

GingerP
01-29-2015, 07:00 AM

He had no way of knowing he would be waived when he went off the reservation. The Steelers could have suspended him for walking out on the team and put him on ice.

Sorry, this one makes no sense.

better days
01-29-2015, 07:19 AM
He had no way of knowing he would be waived when he went off the reservation. The Steelers could have suspended him for walking out on the team and put him on ice.

Sorry, this one makes no sense.

Well, Blount was asked if he knew the Patriots* would resign him if the Steelers cut him & Blount refused to answer that question.

sudzy
01-29-2015, 02:38 PM

I think it's becoming clear that the other owners do what Robert Kraft says.