PDA

View Full Version : McDavid or Eichel

elltrain22
01-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Just wondered which guy y'all prefer. I'm assuming everyone here prefers McDavid, but if we don't get the #1 pick, how happy would you be with Eichel.

Both players are very, very good prospects, but McDavid has 100 point potential, where as Eichel has 80 point potential.

elltrain22
01-29-2015, 05:21 PM
BTW, does anyone know when the NHL draft lottery is??

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Basically your first post. Getting eichel would be wonderful.

coastal
01-29-2015, 08:36 PM
The Canadian boy

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2015, 10:53 PM
Well duh. One thing I do like is eichel is bigger if I'm not mistaken. But mcdavids skill and vision is the stuff of wet dreams.

Skooby
01-30-2015, 07:40 AM
McDavid would probably help us make the playoffs within his first 2 years in the NHL.

mightysimi
01-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Eichel is a big centre that will only get stronger. To me I see the potential to be a more skilled Getzlaf. McDavid is in the Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares mold.

swiper
01-30-2015, 11:16 AM
What happens if they miss out on both?

:lol!:

mightysimi
01-30-2015, 11:29 AM

You get a top 2 d in Hanifin

SpikedLemonade
01-30-2015, 11:55 AM

You take the traditional Buffalo response and blame Bettman.

coastal
01-30-2015, 06:00 PM
assuming we lose the lottery, any takers on trading out?

JATMtheJATM
01-30-2015, 07:21 PM
assuming we lose the lottery, any takers on trading out?

No. You get a number 1 center who is very young and fits the rebuild time line.

ckg927
01-31-2015, 12:22 PM
You get a top 2 d in Hanifin

Which Buffalo does NOT need.

I'd like to see them go for Dylan Strome. He, like McDavid, plays for Erie and is doing VERY well for himself. (He actually LEADS the Otters in scoring with 89 points as of right now; granted, Connor missed a lot of games with that hand injury and WJC duties.)

Ginger Vitis
01-31-2015, 02:09 PM
I have Mitchell Marner at No.4 slightly ahead of Dylan Strome who I have at No.5.. I wouldn't even think about dropping out of the Top 5 who ever was picking NO.4 or No.5 would have to offer there best prospect and a 2016 1st Round pick for me to even seriously consider trading out of No.2

Ginger Vitis
01-31-2015, 02:10 PM

You can never have enough No.2 defensemen

JATMtheJATM
01-31-2015, 07:14 PM

I'd like to see them go for Dylan Strome. He, like McDavid, plays for Erie and is doing VERY well for himself. (He actually LEADS the Otters in scoring with 89 points as of right now; granted, Connor missed a lot of games with that hand injury and WJC duties.)

Strome is my guy, if they don't get eichel or mcdavid

gebobs
02-05-2015, 10:27 AM
What's the word on Armia? Bust?

chernobylwraiths
02-05-2015, 10:42 AM

Too early to tell. Very talented from reports, but can't stay off the injured list.

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2015, 11:51 AM

Hes really, I mean REALLY Impressed in Rochester. Developing rapidly. But often banged up.

mightysimi
02-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Strome is my guy, if they don't get eichel or mcdavid

Over Hanifin? Strome is good but don't forget who he is playing with. His stats might be over-inflated. I think D are harder to find.

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2015, 12:25 PM
I feel the Sabres have a plethora of potential top 4 dmen. Hanifan looks good, but the Sabres could use more forwards.

gebobs
02-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Hes really, I mean REALLY Impressed in Rochester. Developing rapidly. But often banged up.

Phil Varone is impressive in the AHL too.

mightysimi
02-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I feel the Sabres have a plethora of potential top 4 dmen. Hanifan looks good, but the Sabres could use more forwards.

Can I ask who is in this plethora?

gebobs
02-05-2015, 03:03 PM

I haven't been keeping up this year much but aren't we still pretty high on Pysyk, McCabe, Zadorov and Risto? Does Leduc have any potential?

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2015, 06:33 PM

McCabe, risto, pysyk, zad, Myers.

Brycen Martin has some potential as well.

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Phil Varone is impressive in the AHL too.

Yes, but armia is 21 in his second year pro. Considering he's developing rapidly, no reason to bring out the "b" word.

Ginger Vitis
02-05-2015, 07:28 PM
McCabe and Pysyk are likely No.5 defensemen in the NHL..Pysyk might end up a decent No.4... Noah Hanifan is a legitimate No,1 defensemen

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2015, 07:32 PM
McCabe and Pysyk are likely No.5 defensemen in the NHL..Pysyk might end up a decent No.4... Noah Hanifan is a legitimate No,1 defensemen
I'm fine with Hanifan. But I don't think the Sabres will be in a position to pick him.

Night Train
02-06-2015, 04:15 AM
This is one scenerio where settling for sloppy seconds is still a major win.

gebobs
02-06-2015, 06:27 AM
Yes, but armia is 21 in his second year pro. Considering he's developing rapidly, no reason to bring out the "b" word.

Not a bust as a professional player, but a bust per his draft position. You know...maybe like a Brad May kinda bust. Not a bad player but not top forward either.

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 07:26 AM
McCabe, risto, pysyk, zad, Myers.

Brycen Martin has some potential as well.

The same Myers that has had several threads about trading him and that he is garbage, is now in the plethora of young D talent? Don't get me wrong, I like him but the general feeling I get from Sabres' fans is that they think he is terrible.

gebobs
02-06-2015, 07:39 AM
The same Myers that has had several threads about trading him and that he is garbage, is now in the plethora of young D talent? Don't get me wrong, I like him but the general feeling I get from Sabres' fans is that they think he is terrible.

Not me.

chernobylwraiths
02-06-2015, 07:42 AM

Some people use contract as a reason to hate someone. I have been guilty of it in the past.

Myers is decent, a very good skater and can be pretty good with the puck. Everyone expects him to be Chara and he is not. Myers is a good defenseman, at minimum a 3/4 pairing.

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Some people use contract as a reason to hate someone. I have been guilty of it in the past.

Myers is decent, a very good skater and can be pretty good with the puck. Everyone expects him to be Chara and he is not. Myers is a good defenseman, at minimum a 3/4 pairing.

I like him. He is still young and if he doesn't end up in Detroit, should be a good D for years.

I had read an article about how Detroit was very interested in Myers and argued that now is the time to give up some young assets while Datsyk and Zetterberg can still play. So If Detroit gives up a couple of top prospects, I think Murray would trade him.

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 09:16 AM
As if on queue

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/buffalo-sabres-anaheim-ducks-trade-rumours-tyler-myers-defenceman/

Ginger Vitis
02-06-2015, 10:30 AM
As if on queue

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/buffalo-sabres-anaheim-ducks-trade-rumours-tyler-myers-defenceman/

Lavoie was just on WGR... He mentioned Cam Fowler and Nik Ritchie as prospects the Ducks would give up... So Ritchie is 6'5 230 pounds and can skate well sounds like the perfect winger to pair with Connor McDavid... The reality is Ritchie and MCDavid did not work together well at the WJC because Ritchie was a lazy slug who didn't hit anyone and didn't work hard and it looked like he expected Mcdavid to do all the work and get him the puck.. Ritchie has the size and skill to be really good but is inconsistent and takes dumb penalties

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Not a bust as a professional player, but a bust per his draft position. You know...maybe like a Brad May kinda bust. Not a bad player but not top forward either.

Even then, no. He had an up and down rookie AHL season, but since then, he's really rapidly Improved. Hes really been dynamic for Rochester this season. When or if that translates to the NHL game remains to be seen, but there's no reason to believe he's any kind of bust at this point. Just a growing player correctly developing in the AHL. not everyone can be girgensens, who is more the exception with his rapid growth.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 12:10 PM

I wasn't in that camp. Myers is having a strong year defensively, though it's hardly mattered with this team.

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 12:46 PM
I wasn't in that camp. Myers is having a strong year defensively, though it's hardly mattered with this team.

Withdrawn your honor :)

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Withdrawn your honor :)

Thank you sir.

But if trading Myers gets the Sabres a bunch of really good youg kids, you have to make that trade. Sounds like the ducks are getting close to pulling that trigger.

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Thank you sir.

But if trading Myers gets the Sabres a bunch of really good youg kids, you have to make that trade. Sounds like the ducks are getting close to pulling that trigger.

Yeah I would probably prefer Detroits guys. See if you can get Mantha. He is a monster.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah I would probably prefer Detroits guys. See if you can get Mantha. He is a monster.

He lives in my building. Hes huge

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 01:31 PM
He lives in my building. Hes huge

Nice. Plus he has great mitts.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Nice. Plus he has great mitts.

I had to name drop a little on that,Yeah. But he's slim and hasn't filled out yet. he needs to do that to be a great power wing. That said, I don't think the wings let him go.

coastal
02-07-2015, 08:29 AM
The wings aren't letting mantua or Larkin go.

JATMtheJATM
02-07-2015, 12:26 PM
The wings aren't letting mantua or Larkin go.

if the rumored player of fowler coming over for myers is true, and detroit, who is in the division, wants myers, they have to offer up some pretty big pieces. mantha is their only true *star* prospect in the pool. Larkin looks like a second line forward in the making. they could part with larkin. pulkinen is lighting up the AHL as well. 14 points in his last 6 games.

i think the price is too steep for detroit regardless.

SpikedLemonade
02-09-2015, 07:06 AM
McDavid says being a Leaf would be a 'dream come true'

...“It’s pretty crazy to even think about,” McDavid said, referring to the possibility of being a Leaf one day. “But that would be an absolute dream come true.”A dream for Connor McDavid, who grew up in Newmarket cheering for the Leafs.....

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/07/mcdavid-says-being-a-leaf-would-be-a-dream-come-true

JATMtheJATM
02-09-2015, 12:11 PM
McDavid says being a Leaf would be a 'dream come true'

...“It’s pretty crazy to even think about,” McDavid said, referring to the possibility of being a Leaf one day. “But that would be an absolute dream come true.”A dream for Connor McDavid, who grew up in Newmarket cheering for the Leafs.....

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/07/mcdavid-says-being-a-leaf-would-be-a-dream-come-true

Neat! Now if only you had a point!

gebobs
02-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Neat! Now if only you had a point!

He's got one...

http://www.dailywritingtip.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/url.jpg

JATMtheJATM
02-09-2015, 12:17 PM
He's got one...

http://www.dailywritingtip.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/url.jpg

several stars in the show rooted for the Sabres growing up. Where's the hubbub over them defecting to the Sabres?

Lousy point, but he's a lousy troll.

Ginger Vitis
02-10-2015, 10:28 AM
There are claims from the Toronto media MLSE is looking to start a bare to the bones striped down full out honest rebuild in regards to the Leafs.. They will be massive sellers at the deadline and it is reasonably realistic they could end up as low as 28th overall which would give them a 11.5% chance at McDavid..

JATMtheJATM
02-10-2015, 10:44 AM
There are claims from the Toronto media MLSE is looking to start a bare to the bones striped down full out honest rebuild in regards to the Leafs.. They will be massive sellers at the deadline and it is reasonably realistic they could end up as low as 28th overall which would give them a 11.5% chance at McDavid..

Yeah, but if buffalo finishes 30the it's irrelevant. Same odds, same guarantee of Eichel. The leafs would **** up a wet dream.

Ginger Vitis
02-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but if buffalo finishes 30the it's irrelevant. Same odds, same guarantee of Eichel. The leafs would **** up a wet dream.

The Leafs were slower than the Sabres to recognize they were going nowhere and should tank so there timing isnt great but they only lose 8.5% chance by being in 28th place instead of 30th.. They should get one of Hanifan/Marner/Strome and if they really blow it up and not half ass it a Top 3 pick next year.. The top end of 2016 draft is suppose to be a little better than the top end of the 2014 draft

JATMtheJATM
02-10-2015, 11:15 AM
The Leafs were slower than the Sabres to recognize they were going nowhere and should tank so there timing isnt great but they only lose 8.5% chance by being in 28th place instead of 30th.. They should get one of Hanifan/Marner/Strome and if they really blow it up and not half ass it a Top 3 pick next year.. The top end of 2016 draft is suppose to be a little better than the top end of the 2014 draft

Sean day is supposedly really solid next year.

coastal
02-10-2015, 03:22 PM
The fact that the Leafs recognize a full-on rebuild is necessary shows that Shanahan understands what this team needs.

i for one am thrilled.

SpikedLemonade
02-10-2015, 03:37 PM
The fact that the Leafs recognize a full-on rebuild is necessary shows that Shanahan understands what this team needs.

i for one am thrilled.

I'm not a Leaf fan however I hope the Leafs get the #1 pick in the lottery.

Better that the pick goes to a team that thought they could compete this year than to a team who has chosen not to compete for a 2 year period.

gebobs
02-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Will someone please give the victrola a nudge?

JATMtheJATM
02-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm not a Leaf fan however I hope the Leafs get the #1 pick in the lottery.

Better that the pick goes to a team that thought they could compete this year than to a team who has chosen not to compete for a 2 year period.

Your understanding of the rebuild is as warped as lucics spine.

SpikedLemonade
02-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Your understanding of the rebuild is as warped as lucics spine.

Keep lying to yourself that this is just a rebuild.

It is a 2 year or more tank.

JATMtheJATM
02-10-2015, 05:32 PM

Is there a set definition of tank, or have the Sabres just achieved some arbitrary measure you made up?

SpikedLemonade
02-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Is there a set definition of tank, or have the Sabres just achieved some arbitrary measure you made up?

At least on the HF Sabre Board, the Sabre fans there are honest enough to admit that this is a calculated 2+ year tank.

Here, you pretend to be a victim of a poor team due to no fault of management.

Very dishonest.

JATMtheJATM
02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
At least on the HF Sabre Board, the Sabre fans there are honest enough to admit that this is a calculated 2+ year tank.

Very dishonest.

Says the guy that whines about the Sabres trading away expiring contracts for assets. Talk about dishonest. Or just lacking knowledge.

gebobs
02-10-2015, 09:08 PM

This is so tiresome. Get a new schtick.

gebobs
02-10-2015, 09:10 PM
What makes them so smart?

LOL...who here has ever held management blameless? Anyone?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say, nope.